Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

If Eli throws 25 TD's this year...

Chris in Philly : 8/19/2014 11:03 am
(roughly his average from 2005-2012), he will pass the following players on the all-time list:

14. Dan Fouts+ 254
15. Drew Bledsoe 251
16. Boomer Esiason 247
17. John Hadl 244
18. Y.A. Tittle+ 242
19. Len Dawson+ 239
20. Jim Kelly+ 237
21. George Blanda+ 236
22. Donovan McNabb 234
23. Steve Young+ 232

And he will tie:

13: Sonny Jorgensen+ 255

If Eli throws his average passing yards from the same period (3810), he will pass:

15. Dave Krieg 38,147
16. Boomer Esiason 37,920
17. Donovan McNabb 37,276
18. Jim Kelly+ 35,467

Just some reminders of what he's capable of.


Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
Does every team have a player like Eli  
pjcas18 : 8/19/2014 11:30 am : link
who is so polarizing you have people debating if he's hall of fame worthy in the same conversation and people considering cutting him?

I don't think so, he's definitely unique, kind of like a football version of Kirk Gibson or someone who saves their best for the biggest stage.

I wouldn't trade the two SB's Eli helped win for anything (well except for more Super Bowls) but the down years are so frustrating.
.  
Vin R : 8/19/2014 11:31 am : link
rah rah rah  
chris r : 8/19/2014 11:31 am : link
.
was it last year  
pjcas18 : 8/19/2014 11:33 am : link
when there was the thread of would you trade Eli for Luck straight up, and anyone who agreed they do it in a heartbeat (from the Giants side) was ostracized and called a bad fan.

fans are called fans for a reason.
And if Eli throws 25 Interceptions this year  
Jimmy Googs : 8/19/2014 11:35 am : link
he will tie Kerry Collins for #28 on the All-Time List at 196.

just sayin...
RE: RE: .  
vibe4giants : 8/19/2014 11:36 am : link
In comment 11814187 BrettNYG10 said:
Quote:
In comment 11814177 arcarsenal said:


Quote:


I'm kind of worried he'll throw 25 more picks before he throws 25 more TD's.

But that probably means I'm just some Eli basher who never appreciated him.



This thread is for optimism only.


We need new buttons. OGT (Optimistic Giants Thread) RGT (Realistic Giants Thread). Just so people can brace themselves before going in. Reading opinions can be traumatic.
Eli will probably wind up top ten in TD's, INT's, and yards.  
BrettNYG10 : 8/19/2014 11:36 am : link
(And probably wins for a starting QB).
RE: RE: RE: .  
BrettNYG10 : 8/19/2014 11:37 am : link
In comment 11814247 vibe4giants said:
Quote:
In comment 11814187 BrettNYG10 said:


Quote:


In comment 11814177 arcarsenal said:


Quote:


I'm kind of worried he'll throw 25 more picks before he throws 25 more TD's.

But that probably means I'm just some Eli basher who never appreciated him.



This thread is for optimism only.



We need new buttons. OGT (Optimistic Giants Thread) RGT (Realistic Giants Thread). Just so people can brace themselves before going in. Reading opinions can be traumatic.


Yes! And we can bring jintsfan back to police it. Genius.
RE: And if Eli throws 25 Interceptions this year  
Peter in Atlanta : 8/19/2014 11:37 am : link
In comment 11814244 Jimmy Googs said:
Quote:
he will tie Kerry Collins for #28 on the All-Time List at 196.

just sayin...


Is that his average?
Top 30  
Loluchka80 : 8/19/2014 11:43 am : link
and if he continues his Interception rate going he will crack the top 30 in all time career INTs

he should easily make the top 10, probably top 5 when his career is finally over.
RE: Top 30  
Peter in Atlanta : 8/19/2014 11:47 am : link
In comment 11814279 Loluchka80 said:
Quote:
and if he continues his Interception rate going he will crack the top 30 in all time career INTs

he should easily make the top 10, probably top 5 when his career is finally over.


And there are 2 active players who are above him on the list.
RE: Top 30  
Chris in Philly : 8/19/2014 11:47 am : link
In comment 11814279 Loluchka80 said:
Quote:
and if he continues his Interception rate going he will crack the top 30 in all time career INTs

he should easily make the top 10, probably top 5 when his career is finally over.


More than half of the top 10 QB leaders in INT's are in the Hall of Fame. Just sayin'.
RE: RE: Top 30  
Loluchka80 : 8/19/2014 11:50 am : link
In comment 11814291 Peter in Atlanta said:
Quote:
In comment 11814279 Loluchka80 said:


Quote:


and if he continues his Interception rate going he will crack the top 30 in all time career INTs

he should easily make the top 10, probably top 5 when his career is finally over.



And there are 2 active players who are above him on the list.


ok.
RE: RE: Top 30  
BrettNYG10 : 8/19/2014 11:50 am : link
In comment 11814294 Chris in Philly said:
Quote:
In comment 11814279 Loluchka80 said:


Quote:


and if he continues his Interception rate going he will crack the top 30 in all time career INTs

he should easily make the top 10, probably top 5 when his career is finally over.



More than half of the top 10 QB leaders in INT's are in the Hall of Fame. Just sayin'.


Which makes sense because of the required longevity. Shit QB's don't stick around long enough to get there.
RE: RE: RE: Top 30  
Chris in Philly : 8/19/2014 11:54 am : link
In comment 11814300 BrettNYG10 said:
Quote:
In comment 11814294 Chris in Philly said:


Quote:


In comment 11814279 Loluchka80 said:


Quote:


and if he continues his Interception rate going he will crack the top 30 in all time career INTs

he should easily make the top 10, probably top 5 when his career is finally over.



More than half of the top 10 QB leaders in INT's are in the Hall of Fame. Just sayin'.



Which makes sense because of the required longevity. Shit QB's don't stick around long enough to get there.


Now you get a cookie!
RE: RE: Top 30  
Loluchka80 : 8/19/2014 11:55 am : link
In comment 11814291 Peter in Atlanta said:
Quote:
In comment 11814279 Loluchka80 said:


Quote:


and if he continues his Interception rate going he will crack the top 30 in all time career INTs

he should easily make the top 10, probably top 5 when his career is finally over.



And there are 2 active players who are above him on the list.


ok. he will pass brees this year (he's played 3 less seasons ) and he will pass his brother in 2-3 years (played 6 less seasons). also, both of those guys have thrown more passes per season than eli.
So many Giant fans just aren't realistic when it comes to Eli  
Geeman : 8/19/2014 11:57 am : link
He's an all time great Giant, not an All time NFL great.
Not many people outside of Giant fans think he is a HOFer.
He's not one of the great QBs of this era so how can he be a HOFer? He was blessed to have 2 great runs that resulted in Championships, all the other years was a lot of inconsistency.
Oh boy...here we go again  
Jimmy Googs : 8/19/2014 12:02 pm : link
.
The one point...  
rocco8112 : 8/19/2014 12:06 pm : link
... about Eli that I read all the time is that he is inconsistent. I just do not understand that one at all. Am I the only one who thinks Eli is remarkably consistent with his performance this past decade?

Season to season performance this has to be true. The giants won the NFC east his first year as starter and did not have a losing season until last year's shit show.

Regarding games, Eli performs baaically the same on the road or at home and in all types of weather. This has been displayed for ten years now.

I do not understand how he is inconsistent.
He is inconsistent in the sense  
The Turk : 8/19/2014 12:10 pm : link
that he doesn't consistently win Super Bowls. He has only won 2 of them and he hasn't won them in the other years he has played. If he was really consistent he would either have won the Super Bowl 7 or 8 more times or he would have never won the Super Bowl. In the latter case he would be consistent in having never won the Super Bowl.
RE: RE: RE: RE: Top 30  
BrettNYG10 : 8/19/2014 12:10 pm : link
In comment 11814310 Chris in Philly said:
Quote:
In comment 11814300 BrettNYG10 said:


Quote:


In comment 11814294 Chris in Philly said:


Quote:


In comment 11814279 Loluchka80 said:


Quote:


and if he continues his Interception rate going he will crack the top 30 in all time career INTs

he should easily make the top 10, probably top 5 when his career is finally over.



More than half of the top 10 QB leaders in INT's are in the Hall of Fame. Just sayin'.



Which makes sense because of the required longevity. Shit QB's don't stick around long enough to get there.



Now you get a cookie!


Better be chocolate chip.
Chris in Philly..  
Sean : 8/19/2014 12:11 pm : link
you've been hitting on all cylinders lately and clearly in mid season form. Keep up the good work.
RE: RE: RE: Top 30  
Peter in Atlanta : 8/19/2014 12:11 pm : link
In comment 11814311 Loluchka80 said:
Quote:
In comment 11814291 Peter in Atlanta said:


Quote:


In comment 11814279 Loluchka80 said:


Quote:


and if he continues his Interception rate going he will crack the top 30 in all time career INTs

he should easily make the top 10, probably top 5 when his career is finally over.



And there are 2 active players who are above him on the list.



ok. he will pass brees this year (he's played 3 less seasons ) and he will pass his brother in 2-3 years (played 6 less seasons). also, both of those guys have thrown more passes per season than eli.


2.5 less seasons than Brees, who will continue to throw interceptions as well. So will his brother.
RE: RE: RE: RE: Top 30  
Loluchka80 : 8/19/2014 12:18 pm : link
In comment 11814358 Peter in Atlanta said:
Quote:
2.5 less seasons than Brees, who will continue to throw interceptions as well. So will his brother.


he's only 6 back of brees. it's pretty much a lock he will throw 6 more INT's than brees this year.

it will take a few years, to bass his brother, but i think peyton will retire soon.
RE: The one point...  
gidiefor : 8/19/2014 12:19 pm : link
In comment 11814339 rocco8112 said:
Quote:
... about Eli that I read all the time is that he is inconsistent. I just do not understand that one at all. Am I the only one who thinks Eli is remarkably consistent with his performance this past decade?

Season to season performance this has to be true. The giants won the NFC east his first year as starter and did not have a losing season until last year's shit show.

Regarding games, Eli performs baaically the same on the road or at home and in all types of weather. This has been displayed for ten years now.

I do not understand how he is inconsistent.



Exactly!

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Top 30  
Peter in Atlanta : 8/19/2014 12:20 pm : link
In comment 11814377 Loluchka80 said:
Quote:
In comment 11814358 Peter in Atlanta said:


Quote:


2.5 less seasons than Brees, who will continue to throw interceptions as well. So will his brother.



he's only 6 back of brees. it's pretty much a lock he will throw 6 more INT's than brees this year.

it will take a few years, to bass his brother, but i think peyton will retire soon.


Brees is just as capable of throwing 20 picks.
RE: Chris in Philly..  
Chris in Philly : 8/19/2014 12:21 pm : link
In comment 11814356 Sean said:
Quote:
you've been hitting on all cylinders lately and clearly in mid season form. Keep up the good work.


RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Top 30  
Bill L : 8/19/2014 12:26 pm : link
In comment 11814377 Loluchka80 said:
Quote:
In comment 11814358 Peter in Atlanta said:


Quote:


2.5 less seasons than Brees, who will continue to throw interceptions as well. So will his brother.



he's only 6 back of brees. it's pretty much a lock he will throw 6 more INT's than brees this year.

it will take a few years, to bass his brother, but i think peyton will retire soon.


Why is it a lock?
One year  
Boris : 8/19/2014 12:34 pm : link
Of a crappy O line and it's the end of the world. Smh
Eli  
dontboobigblue : 8/19/2014 1:00 pm : link
is as clutch as he is inconsistent.
RE: So many Giant fans just aren't realistic when it comes to Eli  
BillKo : 8/19/2014 1:32 pm : link
In comment 11814315 Geeman said:
Quote:
He's an all time great Giant, not an All time NFL great.
Not many people outside of Giant fans think he is a HOFer.
He's not one of the great QBs of this era so how can he be a HOFer? He was blessed to have 2 great runs that resulted in Championships, all the other years was a lot of inconsistency.


I don't think he was really "blessed". I think he made it happen, and was right in the middle of everything those years................
now "blessed"....  
BillKo : 8/19/2014 1:35 pm : link
was Trent Dilfer, for example, who basically was along for the ride to get a SB title.
BillKo...I say blessed because if for not  
Geeman : 8/19/2014 2:18 pm : link
for the GREAT performance of our Dline in both SBs, there would not have been a Championship.
In 2007 SB he was 19-34 for 255 2 TDs and 1 int.
It wasn't a great performance up until his last 2 drives of the game. The story was the play of the defensive line IMO though. He was very fortunate to escape the grasp of the pats Dlineman, but he stayed alive for the historic heave to Tyree.
The 2011 SB was a great performance. 30 -40 for 296yds is a great SB performance topped off by the throw to Mario.
RE: BillKo...I say blessed because if for not  
MetsAreBack : 8/19/2014 2:42 pm : link
In comment 11814689 Geeman said:
Quote:
for the GREAT performance of our Dline in both SBs, there would not have been a Championship.
In 2007 SB he was 19-34 for 255 2 TDs and 1 int.
It wasn't a great performance up until his last 2 drives of the game. The story was the play of the defensive line IMO though. He was very fortunate to escape the grasp of the pats Dlineman, but he stayed alive for the historic heave to Tyree.
The 2011 SB was a great performance. 30 -40 for 296yds is a great SB performance topped off by the throw to Mario.


Agree with this assessment, but...

1) How many QBs dont get some help along their way to a title?

2) You can discount his 2007 superbowl all you like - we dont play in that superbowl without a phenominal QB performance in -20 degree weather in Green Bay
RE: RE: RE: .  
MetsAreBack : 8/19/2014 2:44 pm : link
In comment 11814247 vibe4giants said:
Quote:


We need new buttons. OGT (Optimistic Giants Thread) RGT (Realistic Giants Thread). Just so people can brace themselves before going in. Reading opinions can be traumatic.



Haha. Of course my favorite, vibe, is that pessimistic BBI'ers consistently refer to themselves as "realistic" ... implying optimists are dumb and wrong and there is no chance at all that maybe, just maybe, the team will surpass their educated clairvoyance.
football is the ultimate team game...  
BillKo : 8/19/2014 2:47 pm : link
you don't win it by yourself.

And you certainly don't beat the one team that would have been declared the greatest of all time (19-0) without help and making extraordinary plays. That's how you beat such a team.

Hell, if we wanted ordinary I'd call on Phillip Rivers :)
CiP,  
bob in tx : 8/19/2014 3:37 pm : link
you've become an apologist?


--contrarian r
I love it  
Glover : 8/19/2014 4:06 pm : link
The closer the season gets, the more emotional and less calculated posts and comments get. The off season seems so factual and tediously based on facts and analysis, kind of boring. Now Eli is struggling in the new offense, coming off a horrible season, and people are split on whether he is declining or if he will return to form. Whoever said Eli is perhaps the most polarizing player in the league, perhaps in league history is right. Cant wait to see the story unfold. I don't think total redemption is out of the question.
RE: CiP,  
Chris in Philly : 8/19/2014 4:13 pm : link
In comment 11814889 bob in tx said:
Quote:
you've become an apologist?


--contrarian r


Source?
Well, it actually is possible to compare QB's today  
kickerpa16 : 8/19/2014 4:18 pm : link
and QB's in previous years. It can be an apple-to-apple comparison.
MABs I agree, nobody does it alone  
Geeman : 8/19/2014 4:20 pm : link
Eli played great during the playoff runs, no doubt. I just think too much weight is placed on the 2 SB wins when evaluating his career IMO. His regular season resume is just filled with too much inconsistency for me to say he's a HOF QB. Like you said, it's a team accomplish and a SB Chip cannot usally be won without great QB play. History has proven that, but you also need a great TEAM to win as well.
He's an All time Giant great, just not a HOFer IMO.
Can you do apples to plums?  
Klaatu : 8/19/2014 4:21 pm : link
I really like plums.
RE: BillKo...I say blessed because if for not  
blakjedi : 8/19/2014 5:41 pm : link
In comment 11814689 Geeman said:
Quote:
for the GREAT performance of our Dline in both SBs, there would not have been a Championship.
In 2007 SB he was 19-34 for 255 2 TDs and 1 int.
It wasn't a great performance up until his last 2 drives of the game. The story was the play of the defensive line IMO though. He was very fortunate to escape the grasp of the pats Dlineman, but he stayed alive for the historic heave to Tyree.
The 2011 SB was a great performance. 30 -40 for 296yds is a great SB performance topped off by the throw to Mario.


consider the fact that the offense was ranked 14th and the defense 17th in 2007

and the offense was ranked 9th while the defense was ranked 25th in 2011... I'd surmise that you are probably wrong.
...  
Josh in the City : 8/19/2014 6:26 pm : link
"The past is the fucking past. This is the present."
RE: ...  
Chris in Philly : 8/19/2014 6:36 pm : link
In comment 11815180 Josh in the City said:
Quote:
"The past is the fucking past. This is the present."


Who are you quoting?
Strahan...  
Jimmy Googs : 8/19/2014 6:38 pm : link
pregame speech in 2007 playoffs.
RE: RE: BillKo...I say blessed because if for not  
MetsAreBack : 8/19/2014 6:42 pm : link
In comment 11815134 blakjedi said:
Quote:



consider the fact that the offense was ranked 14th and the defense 17th in 2007

and the offense was ranked 9th while the defense was ranked 25th in 2011... I'd surmise that you are probably wrong.



The '11 defense was between average and stinky, no argument there. But the '07 defense was a lot better than you are trying to paint. They ranked 7th overall in yards allowed... the points allowed were higher in large part because of the turnovers on offense that year (think Minnesota game, for example).

Eli had a great run in the '07 playoffs... but to get to the playoffs that year we relied on our Defense and a very efficient running game. Regular season 2007 Eli was a game manager... can't really argue otherwise.

Now 2011 Eli... that guy was phenominal. Different story... I want THAT guy back this year.
2011 Eli was GOAT  
NYMase : 8/19/2014 7:50 pm : link
and it wasn't just the playoff run...He was incredible all year...Set the single season record for comebacks in the 4th quarter with 10 including the playoffs...I think the Giants had the 32nd ranked rushing attack that year...The D came on late but was still inconsistent

Eli absolutely put the team on his shoulders and carried it to a championship
25? 25?  
Doomster : 8/20/2014 9:12 am : link
I want 30 or more....
Fun to see who the fans are  
Randy in CT : 8/20/2014 10:02 am : link
and who the whiny pussies are. Along with those yardage and TD stats, let's remind some "fans" that there are 2 Super Bowl wins in there too.

So take your INTs criticisms and shove them up your ass? Protect Eli and see if his INT rate is much above the average of all QBs.
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner