Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner

Archived Thread

New York Giants-New York Jets Post-Game Discussion Thread

Eric from BBI : Admin : 8/22/2014 10:54 pm
...
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
Scary to think our starting OL  
bceagle05 : 8/22/2014 11:13 pm : link
will include Mosley, a rookie, and two guys coming off injuries.
Cruz wore 3  
Headhunter : 8/22/2014 11:15 pm : link
but don't let that ruin your story
Doesn't seem like they totally believe in Corey Washington  
Peter from CT : 8/22/2014 11:15 pm : link
He is pretty far at the end of the bench. Manningham, Jernigan, Talley, Harris and Parker all seem ahead of him. It will be pretty hard if he doesn't make the team. But is he ready to contribute in real games?

I think both Jernigan and Manningham should be gone, but they are getting the reps, so.......?
I not one of those guys to get on Perry but this playing off the LOS  
Mason : 8/22/2014 11:15 pm : link
with his corners is starting to get real old. This team no matter the personnel continue to show blitz way too early as well.
Blue blood  
LPete : 8/22/2014 11:16 pm : link
Cruz wore #3 before he made it onto the final 53 (pre #80)
RE: Doesn't seem like they totally believe in Corey Washington  
Ten Ton Hammer : 8/22/2014 11:18 pm : link
In comment 11821316 Peter from CT said:
Quote:
He is pretty far at the end of the bench. Manningham, Jernigan, Talley, Harris and Parker all seem ahead of him. It will be pretty hard if he doesn't make the team. But is he ready to contribute in real games?

I think both Jernigan and Manningham should be gone, but they are getting the reps, so.......?


The other way to look at this is that Manningham, Talley, and Parker were put out there because the coaches wanted to give them one last look. None of them have really stood out like Washington or Harris have.

There's no way Washington doesn't make the team. I believe you're looking at the lack of reps the wrong way.
I hope  
Peter from CT : 8/22/2014 11:19 pm : link
your right...
RE: Wonder  
bigbluescot : 8/22/2014 11:21 pm : link
In comment 11821291 AcidTest said:
Quote:
if they stick Schwartz on short term IR?


If it's dislocation and not a break, it's probably just a pain management issue. But any foot injury to OL can be a massive issue.
We'll probably find out tuesday  
Ten Ton Hammer : 8/22/2014 11:21 pm : link
they have to cut down to 75.
This is why you dont  
Mr. Nickels : 8/22/2014 11:22 pm : link
short term IR a guy like Cooper Taylor right away. It is for starters. But Schwartz may be done. Ho hum another FA bust.

Corey Washington is an NFL starter. Eerily similar to Cruz 2010 preseason.

Ryan Nassib. Keeper.

I would only keep the two veteran TEs if healthy for now. Have to pick up someone's cuts.

Do you people still think Conner is better than Hynoski?
If the whole game was our ones vs their ones  
HelmetCatch : 8/22/2014 11:22 pm : link
we probably get smoked...That OL looks terrible...
yeah thankfully we put in our 2's against their 1's  
Headhunter : 8/22/2014 11:26 pm : link
and scored twice against them
RE: This is why you dont  
SGMen : 8/22/2014 11:26 pm : link
In comment 11821334 Mr. Nickels said:
Quote:
short term IR a guy like Cooper Taylor right away. It is for starters. But Schwartz may be done. Ho hum another FA bust.

Corey Washington is an NFL starter. Eerily similar to Cruz 2010 preseason.

Ryan Nassib. Keeper.

I would only keep the two veteran TEs if healthy for now. Have to pick up someone's cuts.

Do you people still think Conner is better than Hynoski?
Right now, I think Hyno has the position. I am hoping the Giants can pull off some kind of trade for an OL or maybe a veteran will be an early cut. We need a body.
Yikes  
Eric from BBI : Admin : 8/22/2014 11:29 pm : link
Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 20s

Geoff Schwartz will have an MRI tomorrow, which will be telling. Giants hoping for just a few weeks, not the alternative. Both in play.
It was 10-7 at the half  
bceagle05 : 8/22/2014 11:30 pm : link
so I doubt we get "smoked." My expectations are as low as everyone else's, but the offense took some baby steps tonight. At the end of last season all we had was Eli, Cruz and Pugh. We can add two good backs to that mix, and we'll see where we are with Beckham, Washington and Randle. Richburg looks like a keeper. Rome wasn't built in a day.
...  
Eric from BBI : Admin : 8/22/2014 11:30 pm : link
Paul Schwartz ‏@NYPost_Schwartz 4m

Rookie WR Marcus Harris has AC joint shoulder injury. Out 3-4 weeks. "I hope they keep me around," he said. #nyg
Hope for the best  
Headhunter : 8/22/2014 11:30 pm : link
expect the worst
RE: Yikes  
SGMen : 8/22/2014 11:30 pm : link
In comment 11821351 Eric from BBI said:
Quote:
Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 20s

Geoff Schwartz will have an MRI tomorrow, which will be telling. Giants hoping for just a few weeks, not the alternative. Both in play.
Fingers crossed and prayers sent that he doesn't miss more than a few games.
Really wish Beckham could be getting reps.  
CT Charlie : 8/22/2014 11:31 pm : link
It would be nice to have more threats to help our O on quick-hitting throws, tosses...
RE: This is why you dont  
micky : 8/22/2014 11:36 pm : link
In comment 11821334 Mr. Nickels said:
Quote:
short term IR a guy like Cooper Taylor right away. It is for starters. But Schwartz may be done. Ho hum another FA bust.

Corey Washington is an NFL starter. Eerily similar to Cruz 2010 preseason.

Ryan Nassib. Keeper.

I would only keep the two veteran TEs if healthy for now. Have to pick up someone's cuts.

Do you people still think Conner is better than Hynoski?



so after 4 preseaon games..Schwartz is a FA bust? C'mon now!
It's Been Noted But Tight End Issue  
clatterbuck : 8/22/2014 11:37 pm : link
is looking like a really big problem for Eli and the offense. I don't think we challenged the middle of the field once. Donnell killed one drive with two penalties; maybe some good blocking in run game but invisible otherwise. I think Manningham is gone and Jernigan should be.
RE: If the whole game was our ones vs their ones  
Mason : 8/22/2014 11:37 pm : link
In comment 11821335 HelmetCatch said:
Quote:
we probably get smoked...That OL looks terrible...


One thing why does the 2nd team communicate more at the LOS with the QB and point out potential blitzers more than the 1st team? Noticed that even in the Colts game.
Our 2's scored on a 20 yards drive against the Jets 1's  
PatersonPlank : 8/22/2014 11:39 pm : link
after the fumble. The other TD's were against the Jets backups. I was listening to the Jets radio station and they made a point of saying this. The Eli 91 yd drive against the Jets 1's was pretty impressive.
I don't know, it wa s10-7 with the 1's vs 1's  
PatersonPlank : 8/22/2014 11:40 pm : link
and we had momentum at the half. I think we would have won the game.
So we probably  
AnishPatel : 8/22/2014 11:42 pm : link
look at the plays we can during the 2 min drill and see if we can add similar up tempo plays and go from there. At least it's good that BM and the QBs communicate on what to add and what to take out.
The  
Arcanum : 8/22/2014 11:42 pm : link
Offense struggled. But that was expected, with the jets defense. To me, that's the challenge, this offensive line needed. And they did make some improvements. Overall, I think, the Giants can build off this.
Schwartz has been brutal  
armsteadeatslittlekids : 8/22/2014 11:44 pm : link
but man do we need bodies. Jerry threw numbers at the position this year but most of it was dogshit unless Richburg does the unlikely and plays well as a rookie.
RE: Schwartz has been brutal  
Mr. Nickels : 8/22/2014 11:45 pm : link
In comment 11821381 armsteadeatslittlekids said:
Quote:
but man do we need bodies. Jerry threw numbers at the position this year but most of it was dogshit unless Richburg does the unlikely and plays well as a rookie.


Richburg looks promising so far
Did you watch Richburg play  
Headhunter : 8/22/2014 11:46 pm : link
tonight? Just curious
The unlikely like Pugh did  
Headhunter : 8/22/2014 11:46 pm : link
last year unlikely?
RE: Did you watch Richburg play  
dep026 : 8/22/2014 11:49 pm : link
In comment 11821386 Headhunter said:
Quote:
tonight? Just curious


I thought he was pretty good. I thought he was really good at RG. He got to the 2nd line a few times on the run game. I think he would be better than Mosley, but with Schwartz out.... we may just have to hold our breath with Mosley and hope for the best.
I think Walton and Richburg  
bceagle05 : 8/22/2014 11:51 pm : link
have both looked good. Pugh has struggled a bit, but I'm not the least bit concerned about him. Can Beatty, Mosley and/or Schwartz give us anything?
how did Bromley, Behre and Kennard look tonight?  
DavidinBMNY : 8/22/2014 11:55 pm : link
I was rather unimpressed by James. He may be playing himself off th roster. The other kid is a really good special teams player.

Herzlich actually looks decent.
RE: Our 2's scored on a 20 yards drive against the Jets 1's  
Mason : 8/22/2014 11:58 pm : link
In comment 11821373 PatersonPlank said:
Quote:
after the fumble. The other TD's were against the Jets backups. I was listening to the Jets radio station and they made a point of saying this. The Eli 91 yd drive against the Jets 1's was pretty impressive.


So offense in a hurry up situation setting means positive/impressive?
But offense in a normal situation in the red zone against the same defense should be dismissed?
I had wanted to get rid of Nassib, and tonight he ran . . . .  
TC : 8/23/2014 12:02 am : link
the offense better than Eli. He's more athletic. And Eli has looked poor since the second preseason game. But all that will change once the regular season starts.

Right?
This is going to sound wrong, but isn't the Marcus Harris  
jcn56 : 8/23/2014 12:02 am : link
injury conducive to an IR, redshirt type season? Too many WRs for them all to make the squad, a 4 week injury could easily be deemed 6 weeks, at which point what the hell, just IR him.

Not to make light of his injury, of course, but that it could be somewhat advantageous.
.  
SoZKillA : 8/23/2014 12:08 am : link
+'s

Running game was great. We pushed around a great front 7.
Walton and Richburg both good in pass and run blocking from what I seen.
Eli in that 2 minute drill. A side from that awful pass to Cruz on the non INT.
McAdoo's play calling - especially on that last drive.
DaMonster
Nassib, Parker, Williams, Washington all looked great.

-'s
Beatty and Schwartz - both where on Roller Skates all night. Beatty better wake his ass up.
TEs - a side from their penalties they contributed zilch !
When we blitz we still have our corners 10 yards off the ball, makes zero sense.
JPP - he looks like he doesn't even want to play, he better wake up come week 1.
Charles James - he didn't look good on that one drive for the TD.

And the biggest crapola of them all....

THE REFS.

Game started and 7:30 and felt like it just ended 15 minutes ago. These flags are ridiculous. What about Mario getting rocked out of bounds... No flag ?
I thought Beatty was alright  
chris r : 8/23/2014 12:09 am : link
.
RE: This is going to sound wrong, but isn't the Marcus Harris  
Mason : 8/23/2014 12:11 am : link
In comment 11821412 jcn56 said:
Quote:
injury conducive to an IR, redshirt type season? Too many WRs for them all to make the squad, a 4 week injury could easily be deemed 6 weeks, at which point what the hell, just IR him.

Not to make light of his injury, of course, but that it could be somewhat advantageous.


You mean like they did with Cruz?
RE: The unlikely like Pugh did  
armsteadeatslittlekids : 8/23/2014 12:13 am : link
In comment 11821387 Headhunter said:
Quote:
last year unlikely?


What are you arguing? That its commonplace for a rookie to come in, start, and do well for all 16 games at any position? If you're saying its just possible, I never said it was impossible.
RE: RE: This is going to sound wrong, but isn't the Marcus Harris  
jcn56 : 8/23/2014 12:13 am : link
In comment 11821424 Mason said:
Quote:
In comment 11821412 jcn56 said:


Quote:


injury conducive to an IR, redshirt type season? Too many WRs for them all to make the squad, a 4 week injury could easily be deemed 6 weeks, at which point what the hell, just IR him.

Not to make light of his injury, of course, but that it could be somewhat advantageous.



You mean like they did with Cruz?


With the most violent of hamstring injuries, exactly.
Beatty played really well  
Adam XLII : 8/23/2014 12:21 am : link
except for one really bad whiff. Some people see the really bad whiff and just assume he was awful all game. Not true.
IMO, the biggest concerns heading into regular season are:  
baadbill : 8/23/2014 12:37 am : link
1. No Beckham = passing game at 50% of what it could be.
2. No TE = negative impact on running game, pass protection, and receiving.

At this point, I'd settle for a TE who literally cannot run or catch,  
Shockeyisthebest80 : 8/23/2014 4:57 am : link
but can block. Kellen Davis almost got Jennings killed on that embarrassing whiff. They have to acquire someone in the next 13 days.

I've defended Eli all along due to the shitty o-line (which was shitty again tonight), but no one can defend the plays when he doesn't throw the ball away. They almost turned the ball on 2 separate occasions.

Thank GOD Nassib has taken over the backup spot... no roster spot will be wasted on Painter.

I've been adamant that Jernigan won't get cut, but I'm not so sure anymore. He has been as bad as humanly possible in these games.

The defensive linemen have seen a screen pass before, right?
RE: At this point, I'd settle for a TE who literally cannot run or catch,  
bigbluescot : 8/23/2014 5:07 am : link
In comment 11821488 Shockeyisthebest80 said:
Quote:
but can block. Kellen Davis almost got Jennings killed on that embarrassing whiff. They have to acquire someone in the next 13 days.

I've defended Eli all along due to the shitty o-line (which was shitty again tonight), but no one can defend the plays when he doesn't throw the ball away. They almost turned the ball on 2 separate occasions.

Thank GOD Nassib has taken over the backup spot... no roster spot will be wasted on Painter.

I've been adamant that Jernigan won't get cut, but I'm not so sure anymore. He has been as bad as humanly possible in these games.

The defensive linemen have seen a screen pass before, right?


Previously, I'd have said you always had a good chance of picking up a serviceable blocking tight end after final cuts, but I'm not sure there's that many in the league now following the growth in move and extremely athletic receiving tight ends.
...  
SanFranGiantsFan : 8/23/2014 6:47 am : link
That TD before the half was huge. It will do a lot for their confidence.

RE: RE: At this point, I'd settle for a TE who literally cannot run or catch,  
Ira : 8/23/2014 8:26 am : link
In comment 11821490 bigbluescot said:
Quote:
In comment 11821488 Shockeyisthebest80 said:


Quote:


but can block. Kellen Davis almost got Jennings killed on that embarrassing whiff. They have to acquire someone in the next 13 days.

I've defended Eli all along due to the shitty o-line (which was shitty again tonight), but no one can defend the plays when he doesn't throw the ball away. They almost turned the ball on 2 separate occasions.

Thank GOD Nassib has taken over the backup spot... no roster spot will be wasted on Painter.

I've been adamant that Jernigan won't get cut, but I'm not so sure anymore. He has been as bad as humanly possible in these games.

The defensive linemen have seen a screen pass before, right?



Previously, I'd have said you always had a good chance of picking up a serviceable blocking tight end after final cuts, but I'm not sure there's that many in the league now following the growth in move and extremely athletic receiving tight ends.


Well then, I'd settle for one of those extremely athletic receiving tight ends. :)
as poorly as manning  
area junc : 8/23/2014 8:42 am : link
is playing its amazing how little help hes getting. first drive jernigan drops a 3rd down conversion

then we cant go 2 plays without a sack or somebody running unblocked into the backfield. its such a bad brand of football

nassib has the perfect skillset for the WCO. the TD pass to hynoski eli would've been sacked. nassib easily escapes the pressure and finds hyno on the run. other than eli it's been a long time since we've had a drafted QB looking this promising
If you didn't know better...  
silverfox : 8/23/2014 9:03 am : link
...you'd think Nassib was the veteran and Eli the rookie. Eli looks dreadful, and frankly I suspect that his glory is well behind him. The question thus becomes....how many INTs and fumbles does he give up before Nassib gets his shot? My guess...Nassib sees nothing past past preseason.

Eli, Tom, and Reese...better be on a very short leash this season.
Just watched Coughlin t/w players in the locker room after the game.  
Tark10 : 8/23/2014 10:04 am : link
Too bad they cut out the post game prayer. Sad.
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner