Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

Anyone think the Texans have a chance, lol?

Route 9 : 1/11/2017 7:40 am
What an awful matchup. Texans vs Patriots in Brady's house. I hate Oswelier, very sick of hearing this guy's name all the time. and he SUCKS. These AFC teams are just awful.

But hey, it's a game....right?
Sure they have a chance.  
jcn56 : 1/11/2017 7:42 am : link
Any given Sunday. Tom Brady's alarm clock might stop working, Bill Belichick could be detained for killing a hooker right before the game. There are plenty of favorable scenarios like that.
.....  
Route 9 : 1/11/2017 7:45 am : link
I was going to give you a lecture as soon as I read "any given Sunday", but then laughed my morning away! It's only 7:44 too!
Who is saying Osweilers name all the time?  
Giantology : 1/11/2017 7:46 am : link
The only time I do hear it, it tends to be accompanied by "he sucks" and/or "overpaid"
RE: Who is saying Osweilers name all the time?  
Route 9 : 1/11/2017 7:48 am : link
In comment 13320923 Giantology said:
Quote:
The only time I do hear it, it tends to be accompanied by "he sucks" and/or "overpaid"


You answered your own question, Comrade.
I think the texans have a shot  
chuckydee9 : 1/11/2017 7:57 am : link
If I were a betting man I would take them to cover at the least..
The 7-9 division winning Seahawks  
Big Blue '56 : 1/11/2017 8:06 am : link
entertained the world champion Saints in Seattle during WC weekend and beat them..NO ONE gave the awful Seahawks team a chance..
RE: The 7-9 division winning Seahawks  
jcn56 : 1/11/2017 8:23 am : link
In comment 13320933 Big Blue '56 said:
Quote:
entertained the world champion Saints in Seattle during WC weekend and beat them..NO ONE gave the awful Seahawks team a chance..


Fair enough, but people thought the Saints had a good home record. Take a look at NE's in comparison. They'd have a better chance playing the game on one leg in Texas than they do in NE.
Yes  
joeinpa : 1/11/2017 8:23 am : link
There are great players on every team. Condescension towards professional athletes is not smart
RE: The 7-9 division winning Seahawks  
gmenatlarge : 1/11/2017 8:32 am : link
In comment 13320933 Big Blue '56 said:
Quote:
entertained the world champion Saints in Seattle during WC weekend and beat them..NO ONE gave the awful Seahawks team a chance..

Saints were a different team on the road.
RE: RE: The 7-9 division winning Seahawks  
Big Blue '56 : 1/11/2017 8:33 am : link
In comment 13320945 jcn56 said:
Quote:
In comment 13320933 Big Blue '56 said:


Quote:


entertained the world champion Saints in Seattle during WC weekend and beat them..NO ONE gave the awful Seahawks team a chance..



Fair enough, but people thought the Saints had a good home record. Take a look at NE's in comparison. They'd have a better chance playing the game on one leg in Texas than they do in NE.


I don't believe the Texans belong on the same field as the Pats. Just pointing out that nothing is an absolute lock. Osweiller is dreadful, but their D is rather good, despite no Watt..Miller could be a big help on O..

I would love the Texans to win and eventually have the Chiefs win the SB..A great FY to the Eagles would be nirvana
Bring back the Oilers  
Giants2012 : 1/11/2017 8:39 am : link
is all i can say.


Teams that  
Route 9 : 1/11/2017 8:42 am : link
finish 7-9 on the season shouldn't be in the playoffs to begin with, let alone hosting a playoff game. They shouldn't even be given a shot to win a playoff game in the first place.
RE: Teams that  
Big Blue '56 : 1/11/2017 8:45 am : link
In comment 13320966 Route 9 said:
Quote:
finish 7-9 on the season shouldn't be in the playoffs to begin with, let alone hosting a playoff game. They shouldn't even be given a shot to win a playoff game in the first place.


Agreed, but that has been debated to death on here..
.....  
Route 9 : 1/11/2017 8:53 am : link
Yeah but so many mediocre-bad teams make it to the second round of the playoffs because the mediocre beat the bad (or bad beat bad, like Houston defeating Raiders without Carr, first start Cook) and we get, Patriots vs Texans in the divisional round. Either that, or the AFC is very weak.
They can't score  
Clintqb17 : 1/11/2017 9:16 am : link
Enough to keep up with TOM
with that QB and coach....  
BillKo : 1/11/2017 9:26 am : link
no.

But their defense could keep them in it.
RE: with that QB and coach....  
Steve L : 1/11/2017 10:09 am : link
In comment 13321015 BillKo said:
Quote:
no.

But their defense could keep them in it.


I'm pretty sure most people on this page said the Same thing leading into the Packers game.
Zero  
pjcas18 : 1/11/2017 10:11 am : link
chance.

the only thing they might be able to do is hold the Patriots under 40 points and that should be considered a moral victory.

The other three games should all be good IMO, not this one.
I'd say no, but NE has had first playoff game duds  
Section331 : 1/11/2017 10:15 am : link
before. Not likely with someone like Osweiler at QB, but you never know.
yea they have a chance.......  
Tuckrule : 1/11/2017 10:37 am : link
to cover +16 with that defense
Pats another cake walk  
Houston : 1/11/2017 10:42 am : link
Pats have another cake walk to the championship game, playing the Texans. That said - I had no idea the Texans had the #1 rated defense in the league (AFC) --- there problem is and has always been NO QB! They would be better off playing Savage if he is cleared. Texans D could limit Pats to 17 points and still lose 17-3
RE: Pats another cake walk  
Big Blue '56 : 1/11/2017 10:56 am : link
In comment 13321203 Houston said:
Quote:
Pats have another cake walk to the championship game, playing the Texans. That said - I had no idea the Texans had the #1 rated defense in the league (AFC) --- there problem is and has always been NO QB! They would be better off playing Savage if he is cleared. Texans D could limit Pats to 17 points and still lose 17-3


17 points? They're only going to score 17 points? Oh, ok...
RE: .....  
Gatorade Dunk : 1/11/2017 10:57 am : link
In comment 13320976 Route 9 said:
Quote:
Yeah but so many mediocre-bad teams make it to the second round of the playoffs because the mediocre beat the bad (or bad beat bad, like Houston defeating Raiders without Carr, first start Cook) and we get, Patriots vs Texans in the divisional round. Either that, or the AFC is very weak.

What's the alternative? Have fewer playoff teams?

I'm not sure I'd say the AFC is "very weak" per se; it's just top-heavy, and Carr's injury crushed the Raiders' chances. Still, the Patriots, Chiefs and Steelers are all legitimate Super Bowl contenders and the Raiders (with Carr) probably would have been as well. Is that really all that different than the NFC?
RE: RE: Pats another cake walk  
Gatorade Dunk : 1/11/2017 10:58 am : link
In comment 13321246 Big Blue '56 said:
Quote:
In comment 13321203 Houston said:


Quote:


Pats have another cake walk to the championship game, playing the Texans. That said - I had no idea the Texans had the #1 rated defense in the league (AFC) --- there problem is and has always been NO QB! They would be better off playing Savage if he is cleared. Texans D could limit Pats to 17 points and still lose 17-3



17 points? They're only going to score 17 points? Oh, ok...


I see what you did there :)

Well They Do Have the #1 Rated Defense  
Suburbanites : 1/11/2017 11:05 am : link
And Clowney's the type of player who could wreck a game. There's a chance they can be competitive but ultimately I don't see a historical upset. Bill Belichick teams don't look ahead or lack intensity, it just doesn't happen with this guy.
RE: RE: .....  
Route 9 : 1/11/2017 11:23 am : link
In comment 13321248 Gatorade Dunk said:
Quote:
In comment 13320976 Route 9 said:


Quote:


Yeah but so many mediocre-bad teams make it to the second round of the playoffs because the mediocre beat the bad (or bad beat bad, like Houston defeating Raiders without Carr, first start Cook) and we get, Patriots vs Texans in the divisional round. Either that, or the AFC is very weak.


What's the alternative? Have fewer playoff teams?

I'm not sure I'd say the AFC is "very weak" per se; it's just top-heavy, and Carr's injury crushed the Raiders' chances. Still, the Patriots, Chiefs and Steelers are all legitimate Super Bowl contenders and the Raiders (with Carr) probably would have been as well. Is that really all that different than the NFC?


Take away two teams, and have 3 divisions again and go back to the way it was prior to the 2002 format. Ditch the Jets and the Browns or one of those irrelevant teams. You never saw teams make the playoffs at 7-9, and the fact they now get a home playoff game for a lousy record is absurd. 9-7 should be a "maybe" road wildcard playoff record, and shouldn't host a playoff game either when the opposing WC team is 12-4.

Then you also run the risk of leaving out 10-6 and maybe 11-5 teams out and shitty teams still can find their way to the playoffs only because they play in a weak division. Example: Carolina was 3-8-1 in 2014 when they went into week 14's game in December, and they still made it to the playoffs because they won 4 in a row.

It just made sense when a team who didnt win the division but had a decent record got to host the WC round (playing an extra game) to a team that had an inferior record to them. Not the other way around.
Slim and none  
Kivorka : 1/11/2017 11:29 am : link
Slim just left town
I won't even watch this game I don't think  
Route 9 : 1/11/2017 11:32 am : link
Imagine Texans vs Chiefs for the Afc crown? I'm going with New England vs Pittsburgh, hopefully, in the Afc championship
Patriots vs Texans is basically unwatchable  
giantgiantfan : 1/11/2017 1:27 pm : link
it looks like a week 5 Thursday night game. No one gives a fuck. All the other games are good though.
RE: The 7-9 division winning Seahawks  
djm : 1/12/2017 10:51 am : link
In comment 13320933 Big Blue '56 said:
Quote:
entertained the world champion Saints in Seattle during WC weekend and beat them..NO ONE gave the awful Seahawks team a chance..


I was all over Seattle in that game. I knew they would win.

The Pats will win this game by at least 10 pts.
I believe  
Joeguido : 1/12/2017 10:54 am : link
they have a chance, because I read that the patriots are so confident about this game they don't even intend on cheating against Houston
Sure, in hte NFL every team has a chance  
PatersonPlank : 1/12/2017 10:56 am : link
Lets go Texas!
The Giants have a better chance at winning  
spike : 1/12/2017 11:31 am : link
Than Houston
Back to the Corner