Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

Poe to Atlanta

Samiam : 3/16/2017 12:53 pm
Just heard on Sirius.
that should be a benchmark for Hankins  
bigblue12 : 3/16/2017 12:54 pm : link
Similar players in my opinion
HE would have been a great fit with the Ravens  
YAJ2112 : 3/16/2017 12:55 pm : link
.
1 year 8 million, can go as high as $10  
bigblue12 : 3/16/2017 12:55 pm : link
wow. Not much out there
RE: that should be a benchmark for Hankins  
LauderdaleMatty : 3/16/2017 1:02 pm : link
In comment 13395174 bigblue12 said:
Quote:
Similar players in my opinion


Poe is better. Hankins was played out of position last year but he's a NT. NTs rarely get 8-10 million
Quoth the Raven...  
BMac : 3/16/2017 1:06 pm : link
..."Nevermore."
damn  
UConn4523 : 3/16/2017 1:08 pm : link
it wasn't too long ago where Suh got $60 million guaranteed. Not comparing the players, just surprised at how soured the DT market has gotten.

Hopefully this is good news for the Giants and trying to keep Hankins.
Poe and Logan  
area junc : 3/16/2017 1:08 pm : link
are better more accomplished DTs. But Hank deserves at least $6M in this market and the Giants can find someone to be a 2 down run stuffer beyween Snacks and OV for MUCH cheaper. He of course is billing himself as an every down player.

It just makes no business sense for Giants to sign him to that sort of deal. A team desperate for a good DT, who may consider playing him some passing downs, could justify it.
I'm not sure Poe is much better  
bigblue12 : 3/16/2017 1:09 pm : link
I think he is a bigger name but I also think his best football is behind him and I think Hankins has more upside. It seems as if $6-7 million on a multi year deal would be fair for Hankins or $7-8 on a one year deal.
Think I saw it was a 1 year 8 mill deal  
adamg : 3/16/2017 1:09 pm : link
can someone confirm that?
Oh. Missed that  
adamg : 3/16/2017 1:09 pm : link
sorry bigblue12
RE: damn  
Jesse B : 3/16/2017 1:16 pm : link
In comment 13395193 UConn4523 said:
Quote:
it wasn't too long ago where Suh got $60 million guaranteed. Not comparing the players, just surprised at how soured the DT market has gotten.

Hopefully this is good news for the Giants and trying to keep Hankins.


Aaron Donald might. Those pass rushers get the money and duh and Donald do it well.
RE: damn  
LauderdaleMatty : 3/16/2017 1:17 pm : link
In comment 13395193 UConn4523 said:
Quote:
it wasn't too long ago where Suh got $60 million guaranteed. Not comparing the players, just surprised at how soured the DT market has gotten.

Hopefully this is good news for the Giants and trying to keep Hankins.


Yeah and IMO a ton of buyers remorse in Miami. He was over paid. Teams looked at him as a JJ Watt type difference maker. He's a very good player but was way over rated and hence over paid. Like about half of he guys who get big deals like his.
Kawaan Short would have gotten huge money in FA  
est1986 : 3/16/2017 1:25 pm : link
Poe is a better player than Hank but he is older. A similar deal for Hank maybe a one year 6 mil with incentives to be 8 mil is fair.
Poe has had a better career, but he wasn't the better player based on  
Ten Ton Hammer : 3/16/2017 1:27 pm : link
Last season.
RE: damn  
giants#1 : 3/16/2017 1:30 pm : link
In comment 13395193 UConn4523 said:
Quote:
it wasn't too long ago where Suh got $60 million guaranteed. Not comparing the players, just surprised at how soured the DT market has gotten.

Hopefully this is good news for the Giants and trying to keep Hankins.


That's more because there are two DT markets: 1) penetrating DTs (Suh, Cox, Atkins, Donald, etc), 2) space eaters.

The penetrators still get the monster deals (see Cox's recent deal). The run pluggers never really got a lot, but that somewhat changed with Snacks last season.
Short and Campbell are more in the penetrating class of DTs  
giants#1 : 3/16/2017 1:33 pm : link
the former is currently tagged ($13.4M) and the latter signed for $15M per. So there definitely is money out there for DTs that can disrupt the passing game.
RE: RE: damn  
Brandon Walsh : 3/16/2017 1:47 pm : link
In comment 13395233 giants#1 said:
Quote:
In comment 13395193 UConn4523 said:


Quote:


it wasn't too long ago where Suh got $60 million guaranteed. Not comparing the players, just surprised at how soured the DT market has gotten.

Hopefully this is good news for the Giants and trying to keep Hankins.



That's more because there are two DT markets: 1) penetrating DTs (Suh, Cox, Atkins, Donald, etc), 2) space eaters.

The penetrators still get the monster deals (see Cox's recent deal). The run pluggers never really got a lot, but that somewhat changed with Snacks last season.


Yep, pass rushers get paid and thats why those that didnt want to JPP to keep him off the market from getting a monster deal have no idea what they're talking about/understand how the NFL works/how to win
RE: RE: RE: damn  
Brandon Walsh : 3/16/2017 1:47 pm : link
In comment 13395260 Brandon Walsh said:
Quote:
In comment 13395233 giants#1 said:


Quote:


In comment 13395193 UConn4523 said:


Quote:


it wasn't too long ago where Suh got $60 million guaranteed. Not comparing the players, just surprised at how soured the DT market has gotten.

Hopefully this is good news for the Giants and trying to keep Hankins.



That's more because there are two DT markets: 1) penetrating DTs (Suh, Cox, Atkins, Donald, etc), 2) space eaters.

The penetrators still get the monster deals (see Cox's recent deal). The run pluggers never really got a lot, but that somewhat changed with Snacks last season.



Yep, pass rushers get paid and thats why those that didnt want to JPP to keep him off the market from getting a monster deal have no idea what they're talking about/understand how the NFL works/how to win


didn't want to franchise* JPP
Looks a lot like Hankins.  
SB 42 and 46 and ? : 3/16/2017 1:49 pm : link
He had 10.5 sacks in his second and third seasons, and only 1.5 in his fourth and fifth.

He usually played three snaps and has only missed two games in five seasons.

Can his best football be behind him at age 26? Why did he sign a one year contract? Does he think that he can show enough in his first year with a new team to increase his value as a free agent next year?

I wonder if he was one of those players who wanted only a one year contract to increase their free agency value at the end of next season, or if no one would meet his multi-year numbers?

You would expect something to happen with Hankins soon. Two of the competing free agent DTs are now gone. Will Hankins start to feel a little antsy and lower his price?
Moves DT  
OC2.0 : 3/16/2017 4:27 pm : link
Up the draft list if he doesn't come to his senses
RE: Poe and Logan  
OC2.0 : 3/16/2017 4:29 pm : link
In comment 13395194 area junc said:
Quote:
are better more accomplished DTs. But Hank deserves at least $6M in this market and the Giants can find someone to be a 2 down run stuffer beyween Snacks and OV for MUCH cheaper. He of course is billing himself as an every down player.

It just makes no business sense for Giants to sign him to that sort of deal. A team desperate for a good DT, who may consider playing him some passing downs, could justify it.


Let's not forget Poe brings a perfect QBR to the table as well.
Hankins Agent / JPPs Agent  
Samiam : 3/16/2017 5:00 pm : link
Not aware of who the agents are. I get the feeling,maybe incorrectly,that they're not one of the more established agents the team has dealt with the past . I also get the feeling, maybe incorrectly, that they've dug a line jn the
sand perhaps to the detriment of their clients. Maybe the agents are trying to establish themselves at the expense of their clients but that's just an opinion.

JPP would be crazy to play the year under his franchise if it gets up that with his injury history.

Here's a question about Hankins. There's a good chance he ends up with a 1 year deal. If true, is it more likely he does that he signs here or elsewhere assuming the money is similar. If he signs here, does he lose value playing on a very good defense (where is JPP) next to Snacks. Or does he gain value going to a team where he's the man on the DL? Interesting choice if it comes to that. Who his agent is becomes critical if it comes to good career advise.

Or maybe I'm overthinking this.
RE: Kawaan Short would have gotten huge money in FA  
Rflairr : 3/16/2017 5:02 pm : link
In comment 13395225 est1986 said:
Quote:
Poe is a better player than Hank but he is older. A similar deal for Hank maybe a one year 6 mil with incentives to be 8 mil is fair.


I agree with this. I don't think the Giants would have franchised JPP of Short was available. He was such a perfect fit for the Giants beside Snacks
Back to the Corner