Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

Stapleton: Mock Draft 2.0

gidiefor : Mod : 3/17/2017 10:25 am
23. OL Forest Lamp



- more -
Link - ( New Window )
Not  
AcidTest : 3/17/2017 10:27 am : link
likely. Another example of a beat writer drafting based on need. FA is for needs. The draft is BPA. That's why most mock drafts are useless. Beat writers would have to know how players are ranked on team boards for their mock drafts to be informative.
No.....No....No....  
Doomster : 3/17/2017 10:31 am : link
and No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The OTs and TEs are gone at the pick  
njm : 3/17/2017 10:34 am : link
Most of the top DL as well. Under that scenario it's not unreasonable, although if the Giants found themselves in that position I'd advocate a trade down.
Pure BPA is not reality - teams build tiers and pick from need within  
PatersonPlank : 3/17/2017 10:38 am : link
There will be a few OL in the "tier" of players who are rated highly and available at #23. Once they have their grouping of players that are worth the pick (sort of BPA if you want), then they will look at what player in this group fits the highest need. That need is OL. It is very likely the Giants pick an OL player here. It may or may not be Lamp, it could also be Robinson/Bolles/Ram, but they are certainly in play.
For all saying NO  
The_Boss : 3/17/2017 10:47 am : link
Based on who he has still available, who is pure BPA? Cunningham? John Ross? In this scenario, I would think Lamp is certainly at the very least, in the conversation.
If it broke that way  
WillVAB : 3/17/2017 10:50 am : link
I'd look at Takk, Barnett, or Reddick.
Some analysts have him rated as the best  
barens : 3/17/2017 10:50 am : link
Offensive lineman in this class, so I wouldn't just say that he not going to be the best player available just yet.
Lamp is a clean and very good  
ryanmkeane : 3/17/2017 10:54 am : link
OL prospect. I'd like it.
Im ok with need picking if its close  
Glover : 3/17/2017 11:00 am : link
They got Fluker in free agency, but that is hardly a home run signing. The Giants need the best O linemen they can get, obviously the weakest area of the team. If they think this Lamp guy is the goods at 23, I'm good with it, or Ramczyk, or Robinson, or Bolles. I hear a lot of people here saying to avoid taking an O lineman in the first round because of previous misses. Flowers was a bad pick, especially 9th overall, but Pugh has been worth where he was drafted, and so is Richburg. Any team can wiff on a first round pick, it happens all the time. If they dont take any of those tackles, and one or more were available, I will believe the criticism I have heard that said none of the tackles were worthy of a top 23 pick, and I'll be confident they will get someone who can help the team.
Would love the pick  
jeff57 : 3/17/2017 11:02 am : link
My favorite among the OL.
RE: Not  
ZogZerg : 3/17/2017 11:20 am : link
In comment 13396255 AcidTest said:
Quote:
likely. Another example of a beat writer drafting based on need. FA is for needs. The draft is BPA. That's why most mock drafts are useless. Beat writers would have to know how players are ranked on team boards for their mock drafts to be informative.


Really?
Flowers was a NEED pick and NOT BPA when/where the Giants drafted him.
smart guy  
idiotsavant : 3/17/2017 11:29 am : link
sadly another crap website with too many patch ons runs slow
You sure?  
Jesse B : 3/17/2017 12:03 pm : link
In comment 13396371 ZogZerg said:
Quote:
In comment 13396255 AcidTest said:


Quote:


likely. Another example of a beat writer drafting based on need. FA is for needs. The draft is BPA. That's why most mock drafts are useless. Beat writers would have to know how players are ranked on team boards for their mock drafts to be informative.



Really?
Flowers was a NEED pick and NOT BPA when/where the Giants drafted him.


Look at the rest of that first round. She ain't pretty
2015 first round  
Jesse B : 3/17/2017 12:06 pm : link
I mean from the 9th pick to the end if the first round be mjfnt be be best player there. Other then Marcus Peters (was a character cocncern). Melvin Gordon, Arik Armstead, Danny Shelton,...

It's not great class
2015 NFL draft - ( New Window )
'The draft is BPA'...  
Torrag : 3/17/2017 12:51 pm : link
...sadly this isn't always the case.
I like him a lot, but I wonder exactly what his position is here?  
shockeyisthebest8056 : 3/17/2017 12:58 pm : link
I would assume RG, but could he be the RT? I thought Jerry and Fluker were both retained to be guards.
RE: 2015 first round  
Milton : 3/17/2017 1:23 pm : link
In comment 13396623 Jesse B said:
Quote:
I mean from the 9th pick to the end if the first round be mjfnt be be best player there. Other then Marcus Peters (was a character cocncern). Melvin Gordon, Arik Armstead, Danny Shelton,...

It's not great class 2015 NFL draft - ( New Window )
If they hadn't taken Flowers, they probably would've taken Trae Waynes.
RE: If it broke that way  
Milton : 3/17/2017 1:23 pm : link
In comment 13396313 WillVAB said:
Quote:
I'd look at Takk, Barnett, or Reddick.
I'd take McCaffrey.
I wonder whether they'd go that way with Ross, Barnett,  
yatqb : 3/17/2017 1:35 pm : link
Cunningham and McCaffrey available. But Lamp will be a very good OG for whomever drafts him, and could likely fill in at both OT spots in a pinch as well. Great feet and power, just short arms.
Agree with those above saying it's unlikely  
81_Great_Dane : 3/17/2017 2:29 pm : link
unless they rank Lamp higher than most publicly available draft rankings.

They do consider need but they don't drop to a lower row for need. Agree with the person above who said that in that scenario, they'd probably look to trade down. Or maybe trade up to get a lineman they really like.
Reddick please  
jlukes : 3/17/2017 2:33 pm : link
.
Back to the Corner