Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

In what round would you draft Sidney Jones?

1st and 10 : 3/19/2017 3:54 am
Considered one of the top 2 to 3 CB'S in this draft prior to tearing his Achilles. I would draft him in the 4th if was still there and let him sit 1 year to rehab.
There is a good chance he is never the same again  
Mike in NY : 3/19/2017 4:04 am : link
And significant shot at reinjury. Maybe in Round 6 or 7, but we have too many holes to do like the Cowboys did with Jaylon Smith
I think  
English Alaister : 3/19/2017 6:28 am : link
He'll be gone by end of day 2...so 3rd round. I think chances of coming back from an Achilles are good enough to gamble on the top CB in the draft then.
RE: I think  
barens : 3/19/2017 6:45 am : link
In comment 13398725 English Alaister said:
Quote:
He'll be gone by end of day 2...so 3rd round. I think chances of coming back from an Achilles are good enough to gamble on the top CB in the draft then.


Agreed..
From what I've read  
jeff57 : 3/19/2017 6:51 am : link
Not clear yet how bad of a tear it was. So it would depend on that. Wouldn't think he'd fall below the Pats pick at 72.
Jones was my favorite CB in this class before the injury.  
est1986 : 3/19/2017 8:30 am : link
I want and plan to have my first three picks contributing in year one. With that said he would be strongly be in consideration with the third pick BUT i probably wouldnt touch him untill the walkie talkie gate pick.
Lol to 6th or 7th  
Tuckrule : 3/19/2017 9:00 am : link
Did you see where jaylon smith went?

Jones will be gone by the third
I would pass  
YANKEE28 : 3/19/2017 9:02 am : link
on Sidney Jones.

This is simply an incredible draft year for corners. Best we have seen in at least a decade. The Giants are building to win now. No need for the risk.

I have always been a George Young "Planet Theory" guy, but in this draft, the BPA will be a corner in many rounds. I wouldn't mind if we finished the draft with 2 corners selected.

I wouldn't take a corner in Round 1, but in Round 2 if a player like UCLA's Fabian Moreau is still out there (very doubtful) he would be hard to pass up.

Guys I like are Chidobe Awuzie of Colorado at our pick # 55 and Brian Allen of Utah in Round 4 or 5. Both are very talented, but also very mature and very intelligent. The type of player (like Darian Thompson) that will pick up Spags defense quickly and be ready to contribute in Year One.
None  
Torrag : 3/19/2017 9:04 am : link
...
Cowboys look like idiots for drafting Smith where they did  
Mike in NY : 3/19/2017 9:08 am : link
1) There is no guarantee Jones is healthy EVER

2) Even if he makes it back, there is no guarantee that he will have the necessary athleticism to play CB in the NFL

3) We have been burned enough with players like Chad Jones and David Wilson going down with career-ending injuries after drafting them, we don't need to actively be looking for that sort of injury at a time when we have holes to fill with HEALTHY players
Late  
AcidTest : 3/19/2017 11:57 am : link
day three, so rounds six or seven. But as someone said, he'll be long gone by then.
I suspect that he'll be gone before our 4th round pick, but  
yatqb : 3/19/2017 12:07 pm : link
I don't think I'd pick him before then, despite his being a favorite player of mine. We have a chance to land some immediate help in each of the first three rounds and shouldn't sacrifice that, imo.

A team like Cleveland, which has a ton of picks, could land him easily. Depending upon his condition, that would be a heck of a smart gamble.
I'd take him with our third round pick.  
Ira : 3/19/2017 12:25 pm : link
It's worth a gamble. But judging by the two injured linebackers that went early in round 2 last year, he won't be there when we pick in the 3rd.
It's dependent  
LauderdaleMatty : 3/19/2017 12:31 pm : link
On who you are. Cleveland has a boatload of picks. He would be ok there in Rds 3 to 5.

Dallas has been really smart the last 4-5 years. Elliot saved their ssason and they flushed a big pick for literally a 10 % chance of Smith even playing again. There were easily 10-15 guys who would be huge for then this year and they fucked themselves. Thankfully for us.

RE: I suspect that he'll be gone before our 4th round pick, but  
The_Boss : 3/19/2017 12:41 pm : link
In comment 13398927 yatqb said:
Quote:
I don't think I'd pick him before then, despite his being a favorite player of mine. We have a chance to land some immediate help in each of the first three rounds and shouldn't sacrifice that, imo.

A team like Cleveland, which has a ton of picks, could land him easily. Depending upon his condition, that would be a heck of a smart gamble.


Agree. If he's somehow sitting there in the (late) 4th due to our communication device punishment, I'd pull the trigger.
I would bring him in as an UDFA and see if he is capable of  
SterlingArcher : 3/19/2017 4:58 pm : link
playing.
RE: It's dependent  
Ned In Atlanta : 3/19/2017 8:28 pm : link
In comment 13398939 LauderdaleMatty said:
Quote:
On who you are. Cleveland has a boatload of picks. He would be ok there in Rds 3 to 5.

Dallas has been really smart the last 4-5 years. Elliot saved their ssason and they flushed a big pick for literally a 10 % chance of Smith even playing again. There were easily 10-15 guys who would be huge for then this year and they fucked themselves. Thankfully for us.



Really is amazing to think. Zeke/Dak has the potential to be dynasty foundation draft (hope not). But Jaylon Smith was an early 2nd round pick.
None  
blueblood : 3/19/2017 9:26 pm : link
he wouldnt even be on my board
Back to the Corner