Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

BBI Mock Draft – DISCUSSION Thread

Matt G : 4/2/2017 10:32 pm
We will use this as a discussion thread to keep the picks thread uncluttered. These threads will be used for the duration of the entire draft and will need to be bumped occasionally to push them back to page 1 of the forum.

Once a team is on the clock, they will have two hours to make a selection. If a team goes on the clock after 4pm, their two hour window will roll over to the next day. For example, if you go on the clock at 4:30pm, you will have until 9:30 am to make a selection. Picks may be made between 6pm and 9am if GMs are online and following the draft thread. The time limit only applies during the 9am to 6pm timeframe. If the two hour time limit expires, I will make a pick using any list that the GM for the team has sent me in advance (send lists to the email address in my profile) or in the absence of a list, I will use the GBN Big Board with a little discretion so as not make an obvious dumb pick (ie: Indianapolis Colts won’t be taking a QB in the 1st round this year). If a GM misses two consecutive picks without providing a prospect list or making some form of contact with me (email or posting on the draft thread) the spot will be reassigned to one of the BBIers who have expressed an interest to fill the vacancy.

Once again, I strongly encourage ALL GMs to utilize the BBI Mock Draft Spreadsheet . The spreadsheet contains the draft order (RD1-6) by team and GM with a fairly comprehensive list of both available and taken prospects based on the GBN Big Board (as well as several other prospects that did not make the GBN Big Board). I will try to keep the spreadsheet and thread updated as often as possible.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 | Show All |  Next>>
Bears are ready!  
Anakim : 4/2/2017 11:13 pm : link
Last year we might have possibly won the BBI mock draft with THREE picks taken in the first round of the actual NFL draft, including ROTY Ezekiel Elliott.
RE: Bears are ready!  
est1986 : 4/2/2017 11:49 pm : link
In comment 13415134 Anakim said:
Quote:
Last year we might have possibly won the BBI mock draft with THREE picks taken in the first round of the actual NFL draft, including ROTY Ezekiel Elliott.


Who did u draft 1-3 for Chicago? I assume Elliot RD1..
RE: RE: Bears are ready!  
Anakim : 4/3/2017 12:28 am : link
In comment 13415159 est1986 said:
Quote:
In comment 13415134 Anakim said:


Quote:


Last year we might have possibly won the BBI mock draft with THREE picks taken in the first round of the actual NFL draft, including ROTY Ezekiel Elliott.



Who did u draft 1-3 for Chicago? I assume Elliot RD1..


Elliott, Ifedi and Keanu Neal
Do us proud,  
SHO'NUFF : 4/3/2017 2:38 am : link
Andy!
Cowboys GM ready  
Rick in Dallas : 4/3/2017 7:35 am : link
Last year's draft first 3 picks for Cowboys all impact PLAYERS IN 2016.

Joey Bosa
Hunter Henry
Dak Prescott
Thanks for the Sticky!  
SirYesSir : 4/3/2017 8:46 am : link
good deal
Cleveland should be getting their pick in today  
Matt G : 4/3/2017 8:46 am : link
...
SirYesSir... Agreed  
Matt G : 4/3/2017 8:48 am : link
Appreciated the mods doing this for us the last two years...
Steel Curtain GM  
BigBlueDownTheShore : 4/3/2017 9:07 am : link
Checking in!
Wow, we are so ahead of the game  
MadPlaid : 4/3/2017 9:34 am : link
Thank you, Matt G. These mocks have been running like a finely tuned machine since you took over stewardship.

The Pack's GM did not do well last year with his first three picks. I picked Reggie Ragland, Austin Johnson and Jerell Adams. Both Ragland and Adams went a lot later than where I got them. And, Ragland got hurt to top it off. Not a good showing by me.
Looking forward to seeing who I annoy  
Mike in NY : 4/3/2017 10:11 am : link
With my picks this year
How do trades work  
BigBlueDownTheShore : 4/3/2017 11:23 am : link
if I am open to making one at any point or would like to trade up at anytime?
RE: How do trades work  
Mike in NY : 4/3/2017 11:25 am : link
In comment 13415512 BigBlueDownTheShore said:
Quote:
if I am open to making one at any point or would like to trade up at anytime?


No trades allowed
Well all...  
Lionhart28 : 4/3/2017 12:50 pm : link
Should we kick this thing off? Cleveland may just sign the first pick a week before the draft starts...
As a fan of the BBI Mock, may I politely suggest...  
Big Blue Blogger : 4/3/2017 1:13 pm : link
...omitting big images from the picks thread? We all know what the college uniforms look like.
After a easy first pick the top ten can go anyway  
est1986 : 4/3/2017 1:16 pm : link
The more Qbs the better.
BBB  
MadPlaid : 4/3/2017 1:16 pm : link
But the Pics of the selections is part of what makes this mock draft so much fun. I know I really enjoy them.
RE: Well all...  
BigBlueDownTheShore : 4/3/2017 1:17 pm : link
In comment 13415643 Lionhart28 said:
Quote:
Should we kick this thing off? Cleveland may just sign the first pick a week before the draft starts...


Fixed the picture for you!
Thanks  
Lionhart28 : 4/3/2017 1:47 pm : link
Tried to post a gif, didn't work... Clearly.
Who is going to toss  
BigBlueDownTheShore : 4/3/2017 4:16 pm : link
the ball for the 49ers.

I feel like a safety at #2 is way way way to high!
RE: Who is going to toss  
Mike in NY : 4/3/2017 4:19 pm : link
In comment 13416053 BigBlueDownTheShore said:
Quote:
the ball for the 49ers.

I feel like a safety at #2 is way way way to high!


No QB is worth the 2nd overall pick. Kizer, Mahomes, or Trubisky might be there by the time of their 2nd Round pick. BPA at #2 was definitely defense
Adams is a legitimate Top 5 pick, so no argument there.  
Big Blue Blogger : 4/3/2017 4:37 pm : link
With Reid playing on a fifth-year option, and Tartt not really panning out so far, safety is arguably a need. The draftnik consensus for the 49ers, if they stay put at #2, seems to be Solomon Thomas, who would be a popular hometown pick. Adams might offer a little more "special" than Thomas, and his bloodlines are excellent (though hip problems prevented his dad from doing much for the Giants).
first three are Defense  
gidiefor : Mod : 4/3/2017 4:58 pm : link
Defense - ya hear!
Can't see Jamal Adams going top 5  
Amtoft : 4/3/2017 5:14 pm : link
however a huge talent. I think number 2 is to high especially with the 49ers switching their Def. I think Jonathan Allen would have been the safer pick, but I also think Adams will be a star so how can you argue with the pick.
I think that's a high pick for Adams  
allstarjim : 4/3/2017 8:09 pm : link
But also think he's a nice fit for that defense. I have no problem with it. I would've taken Trubisky there if I'm the Niners, though.
I know the clock doesn't actually start until next week  
jlukes : 4/4/2017 8:30 am : link
but has someone contacted Kevin to let him know hes up?
New Ownership in Buffalo has everyone excited  
superspynyg : 4/4/2017 8:35 am : link
Bills!!
Last year I got  
English Alaister : 4/4/2017 9:09 am : link
28. Kansas City (English Alaister) - William Jackson III, CB, Houston
59. Kansas City (English Alaister) - *Pharoh Cooper, WR, South Carolina
126. Kansas City (English Alaister) - *Paul Perkins, RB, UCLA
162. Kansas City (English Alaister) from Sea – Parker Ehinger, OG, Cincinnati
165. Kansas City (English Alaister) – Blake Martinez, ILB, Stanford
203. Kansas City (English Alaister) – Deon Bush, FS, Miami (Fla.)

Jackson III has great buzz before a pectoral injury ruined his year. Cooper was a disappointment but I got Parker Ehinger who actually was taken by the Chiefs 57 spots higher and started for 5 games, I got Perkins who looked good, Deon Bush 80 spots later than he went where he started 6 games for the Bears and I got Martinez 30 spots before he went and he got 70 tackles for the Pack.
RE: RE: Who is going to toss  
Big Rick in FL : 4/4/2017 9:37 am : link
In comment 13416058 Mike in NY said:
Quote:
In comment 13416053 BigBlueDownTheShore said:


Quote:


the ball for the 49ers.

I feel like a safety at #2 is way way way to high!



No QB is worth the 2nd overall pick. Kizer, Mahomes, or Trubisky might be there by the time of their 2nd Round pick. BPA at #2 was definitely defense


Highly unlikely Mahomes or Trubisky get out of the top 15.
RE: Last year I got  
Big Blue Blogger : 4/4/2017 9:42 am : link
English Alaister said:
Quote:
28. Kansas City (English Alaister) - William Jackson III, CB, Houston
59. Kansas City (English Alaister) - *Pharoh Cooper, WR, South Carolina
126. Kansas City (English Alaister) - *Paul Perkins, RB, UCLA
162. Kansas City (English Alaister) from Sea – Parker Ehinger, OG, Cincinnati
165. Kansas City (English Alaister) – Blake Martinez, ILB, Stanford
203. Kansas City (English Alaister) – Deon Bush, FS, Miami (Fla.)

Jackson III has great buzz before a pectoral injury ruined his year. Cooper was a disappointment but I got Parker Ehinger who actually was taken by the Chiefs 57 spots higher and started for 5 games, I got Perkins who looked good, Deon Bush 80 spots later than he went where he started 6 games for the Bears and I got Martinez 30 spots before he went and he got 70 tackles for the Pack.

I think you mean you got Martinez 30 (actually 34) picks after he went. Nice job, except for Cooper and maybe jumping the gun on Perkins.
028. William Jackson III, CB, Houston [Actual: 024 - CIN]
059. *Pharoh Cooper, WR, South Carolina [Actual: 117 - RAM]
126. *Paul Perkins, RB, UCLA [Actual: 149 - NYG]
162. Parker Ehinger, OG, Cincinnati [Actual:105 - KAN]
165. Blake Martinez, ILB, Stanford [Actual: 131 - GNB]
203. Deon Bush, FS, Miami (Fla.) [Actual: 124 - CHI]
Mongos gonna mong...  
Optimus-NY : 4/4/2017 10:40 am : link
...
Thanks BBB  
English Alaister : 4/4/2017 11:24 am : link
Yes...meant later...good catch! Definitely forced a WR pick with Cooper. Hopefully that looks better in a couple of years but dubious.
My 21 player board  
Amtoft : 4/4/2017 12:48 pm : link
has been sent to Matt just in case I am not around.
As a spectactor  
MotownGIANTS : 4/4/2017 2:52 pm : link
have you ever considering moving the Mock Draft to the FB version of BBI?

Easier notification of when picks come in and people can know they are up to bat ...
*in  
MotownGIANTS : 4/4/2017 2:52 pm : link
the future ....
RE: *in  
Mike in NY : 4/4/2017 3:00 pm : link
In comment 13417178 MotownGIANTS said:
Quote:
the future ....


Not all participants are on Facebook. Do not want to lose longstanding participants for that reason.
Time to change the draft order  
Mike in NY : 4/4/2017 3:24 pm : link
Adam Schefter
11 mins ·
Facebook Mentions
·
‪So here's the deal: Ravens traded DT Tim Jernigan and third-round pick (No. 99) for Eagles third-round pick (No. 74), per source.‬

Now I have one more need to fill :(
email has been sent to Kevin  
Matt G : 4/4/2017 6:57 pm : link
...
Sean Taylor wasn't even  
SHO'NUFF : 4/4/2017 7:53 pm : link
worth a #2
Pick is in  
Kevin in CT : 4/4/2017 9:19 pm : link
Thought about Thomas, Howard, and Fournette. With Yeldon and Ivory as the returning backs, the Jags add a true power back to relieve some of the pressure off of Bortles. Coughlin loves power backs like Fournette and he should thrive within this offense.
TC taking Running Back that high would shock me  
est1986 : 4/4/2017 9:27 pm : link
With no QB selected so far, I would love to see them bring in a QB, I think if he goes skills guy he takes Mike Williams.
I don't have a problem picking a QB but not in the first round  
Kevin in CT : 4/4/2017 9:37 pm : link
Bortles will have one more year to prove himself.

Jags have zero solid running backs. Fournette could be the next AP, can't pass that up. Their wide receivers are solid, so no need to draft one this high.
Matt G  
Saos1n : 4/4/2017 9:41 pm : link
It's not a big deal because your spreadsheet is correct but your original post in the Selection Thread has #32 being owned by New England, not New Orleans
RE: Matt G  
Mike in NY : 4/4/2017 9:49 pm : link
In comment 13417604 Saos1n said:
Quote:
It's not a big deal because your spreadsheet is correct but your original post in the Selection Thread has #32 being owned by New England, not New Orleans


And I want pick 74 because of the Timmy Jernigan deal since we are nowhere near that point yet
Coughlin loves a rotation of RBs  
BigBlueDownTheShore : 4/4/2017 10:01 pm : link
Jax doesn't have a bad mix already, and TC would rather take an RB at a later time.

I think they would go defense, or possibly QB.
RE: Coughlin loves a rotation of RBs  
Kevin in CT : 4/4/2017 11:44 pm : link
In comment 13417624 BigBlueDownTheShore said:
Quote:
Jax doesn't have a bad mix already, and TC would rather take an RB at a later time.

I think they would go defense, or possibly QB.


They ranked 23rd in rushing last year. Yeldon and Ivory isn't scaring anyone. I thought about Thomas but I can see him being a bust. No way the Jags would go the QB route with their first pick. If they struggle this year, then they'll be able to grab a stud QB in a much stronger class next year.
RE: TC taking Running Back that high would shock me  
allstarjim : 4/5/2017 12:51 am : link
In comment 13417583 est1986 said:
Quote:
With no QB selected so far, I would love to see them bring in a QB, I think if he goes skills guy he takes Mike Williams.


Really? TC loves a power running game, and Fournette will be one of the best power running backs in the NFL immediately. Moreover, the Bags have a lot of talent on defense already, a QB that still has a pretty good ceiling, and very good receivers but are desperate for a good running attack. Fournette gives them that. I can't see any scenario where I get away from Fournette to the Bags.
Jags, not Bags.  
allstarjim : 4/5/2017 12:52 am : link
Damn I hate auto-correct.
Saos1n  
Matt G : 4/5/2017 1:18 am : link
Pointed out and addressed in the other thread
Mike  
Matt G : 4/5/2017 1:20 am : link
The selection order of each round is locked at the round starts...
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 | Show All |  Next>>
Back to the Corner