Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

My mock draft/wish list

NYBEN1963 : 4/11/2017 8:15 pm
Let's be honest most mock drafts by fans are just wish lists anyway...unless you know the needs and thinking of the other 31 teams there is no way to come close to putting together a realistic mock draft and even then who the hell knows not even the so called experts. Any way here goes feel free to let me know your thoughts both positive and negative is appreciated.

RD1-Charles Harris DE-This defense needs a 3rd passrusher so that JPP and OV can get a break. Also we need a pure speed rusher ..Owa is not that guy and neither is Kerry Wynn.

RD-2-Taylor Moton RT -A guy that can challenge Bobby Hart immediately at RT and eventually should become the starter next to D.J Fluker. The best way to get the power running game going is to build a power O-line , Moton and Fluker hopefully can be the foundation for that.

RD-3-D'onta Foreman RB-In my opinion the perfect change of pace back to go along with Perkins. A big back that can take it to the house and can pick up the short tough yards

RD-4-Carlos Watkins DT-A defensive tackle with some passrush ability ...to quote George Young "you can never have enough big people"

RD-5-Carroll Phillips OLB- Another athletic LB with good speed should be available in the later rounds primarily because of off field issues

RD-6-Kareem Are OG-Developmental offensive lineman

RD-7-Derek Griffin TE/WR- 6'6" 250LBS freakish athlete basketball player turned football player. He could become what Larry D. never did he will need some time to develop but could be a dynamic player down the road

Well there is the wish list ... let me know your thoughts
....  
BleedBlue : 4/11/2017 8:18 pm : link
i like moton, but would rather

1: Foster, Cunningham, reddick, davis (in order)
2: Moton
3: gerald everett

Harris  
NYBEN1963 : 4/11/2017 8:26 pm : link
is a pure speed rusher ...I really think that is a missing element to the defense ..Reddick can possibly supply that as well. He would probably be my second choice or Taco Charlton
I understand the need for situational rusher to spell JPP and OV...  
Milton : 4/11/2017 9:02 pm : link
But I think it's poor bang for buck to use the first round pick on a guy who--short of injury--will never be a starter for your team (with JPP and OV under contract for the next four years with humongous guaranteed money). How about Daeshon Hall or Vince Biegel or Ifeadi Odenigbo on Day 3 instead?
Mine  
Earl the goat : 4/11/2017 9:05 pm : link
David Njoku TE
Zay Jones WR
Donta Foreman RB
Tanoh Kpassoghen Edge
Shaq Griffin CB
Tariq Cohen RB
Kareem Are OG
RE: I understand the need for situational rusher to spell JPP and OV...  
NYBEN1963 : 4/11/2017 9:07 pm : link
In comment 13424514 Milton said:
Quote:
But I think it's poor bang for buck to use the first round pick on a guy who--short of injury--will never be a starter for your team (with JPP and OV under contract for the next four years with humongous guaranteed money). How about Daeshon Hall or Vince Biegel or Ifeadi Odenigbo on Day 3 instead?


You can never have enough pass rushers ...most people felt that way when we drafted Kiwi as well as JPP.
Give me Tim Williams  
est1986 : 4/11/2017 9:22 pm : link
Over Harris
RE: RE: I understand the need for situational rusher to spell JPP and OV...  
Milton : 4/11/2017 9:37 pm : link
In comment 13424523 NYBEN1963 said:
Quote:


You can never have enough pass rushers ...most people felt that way when we drafted Kiwi as well as JPP.
If he is the clearcut BPA then fine, but not if he is in the mix with other equally graded prospects (like OL for instance). And I certainly wouldn't go into the draft with a DE in round 1 as a priority (as in: my wish list).
When it comes to picking pass rushers...  
3r76jp : 4/11/2017 9:47 pm : link
The Giants have been pretty good at it. I don't think any team could match up the Giants ability to draft pass rushers (Leonard Marshall, LT, Strahan, Osi, Kiwi, Tuck and JPP). Cedric Jones being one of a few disappointments.

So if they pick Harris I feel like they know what they're doing.
Tim Williams?  
lugnut : 4/11/2017 10:08 pm : link
He won't be out of jail long enough to play any downs for us.
What makes you think that Foreman can grind out the tough yards?  
Gatorade Dunk : 4/11/2017 11:07 pm : link
Just his size? It's definitely not his tape.
I had the same at 3 and 4  
Bluesbreaker : 4/12/2017 12:55 pm : link
Two thumbs down
Bluesbreaker : 4/11/2017 1:26 pm : link : reply
I want a TE its a deep draft at a position that has stunk
since we let Bennett walk "eye roll "
1st pick needs to start and make an impact not sure if
Ryan Ramczyk is going to do that especially with injuries .
We need another RB there are quite a few that could help
the team . We drafted Thompson early we can sign a vet for
depth . Offense was putrid last year .
#1 David Njoku TE upside through the roof large target would also help keep safeties honest
#2 Dion Dawkins G improve the O-line get younger not sure if he is a reach at #2
#3 Donta Foreman power RB with decent speed great compliment to Paul Perkins
#4 Carlos Watkins DT played very well in big games has some pass rush skills .

Not sure why people don't think Foreman is capable of running with power . I think he is a great fit will be interesting how this plays out .
RE: I had the same at 3 and 4  
Gatorade Dunk : 4/13/2017 8:55 pm : link
In comment 13425183 Bluesbreaker said:
Quote:
Two thumbs down
Bluesbreaker : 4/11/2017 1:26 pm : link : reply
I want a TE its a deep draft at a position that has stunk
since we let Bennett walk "eye roll "
1st pick needs to start and make an impact not sure if
Ryan Ramczyk is going to do that especially with injuries .
We need another RB there are quite a few that could help
the team . We drafted Thompson early we can sign a vet for
depth . Offense was putrid last year .
#1 David Njoku TE upside through the roof large target would also help keep safeties honest
#2 Dion Dawkins G improve the O-line get younger not sure if he is a reach at #2
#3 Donta Foreman power RB with decent speed great compliment to Paul Perkins
#4 Carlos Watkins DT played very well in big games has some pass rush skills .

Not sure why people don't think Foreman is capable of running with power . I think he is a great fit will be interesting how this plays out .

Because his tape suggests an aversion to it?
Gator aid  
Bluesbreaker : 4/17/2017 9:49 pm : link
I get that but players evolve too he is gonna have to take
more contact he may get more aggressive . Can he run in
short yardage ? I get the point
Back to the Corner