Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

NFT: Strange things you have OCD moments over

eli4life : 7/10/2017 4:18 pm
Mine are

3 any spot smudge or smear on my glasses I have to immediately clean them

2 unless an emergency I will not drop the kids off at the pool unless I'm at a place that I'm staying

1 if I wear a sock on my left foot I will never wear it on my right
Yeah...  
ZGiants98 : 7/10/2017 4:20 pm : link
Your just OCD. Lol
Other than those three things  
eli4life : 7/10/2017 4:22 pm : link
Not at all. Anything else I really couldn't care how or why
I live in the city so I don't have a car  
Mike in Long Beach : 7/10/2017 4:24 pm : link
but when I did a few years ago I always had to walk around and try to open each of the 4 doors to make sure they were locked... twice.

I'm looking to get a car in the near future and am really hoping I've dropped that habit.
I have a compulsion to coil up the vacuum cord tightly and neatly  
Greg from LI : 7/10/2017 4:26 pm : link
on the little hooks on the outside of the vacuum. My wife just loosely coils it as you would a garden hose and then hangs it on the handle. That drives me crazy.
RE: I have a compulsion to coil up the vacuum cord tightly and neatly  
eli4life : 7/10/2017 4:33 pm : link
In comment 13524613 Greg from LI said:
Quote:
on the little hooks on the outside of the vacuum. My wife just loosely coils it as you would a garden hose and then hangs it on the handle. That drives me crazy.


Haha I used to get yelled at all the time for that very reason
If I take gulps of water from a bottle,  
Beezer : 7/10/2017 4:35 pm : link
I count and I don't like to stop on an odd number. I COULD, lol ... but I just choose to keep things even.

I've also had this string of punching in microwave times since I was in college (long damn time). I haven't put in a time to cook, manually, that is divisible by 5, since the late 1980s. lol Yes, seriously. Heating my lunch at work today: 2:26.

I USED to try to choose only V-8 engine sizes for heating a full plate of food. But that kinda faded out over time. lol
whenever someone  
santacruzom : 7/10/2017 4:36 pm : link
leaves the refrigerator doors open.

It doesn't have to be my refrigerator. Hell, it doesn't have to be an actual refrigerator -- I find it distracting when done in a TV show too.
Meanwhile, I loosely hang the cord  
Beezer : 7/10/2017 4:37 pm : link
from the vacuum cleaner hook and my wife gets quite irritated. lol
do you mark your socks with an L or R?  
giants#1 : 7/10/2017 4:45 pm : link
how do you know if you flip them?
people that count backwards  
Rocky369 : 7/10/2017 5:19 pm : link
with no big tada at the end
I have to keep the TV volume  
djl8699 : 7/10/2017 5:20 pm : link
On an even number. Odd numbers make me feel funny.

Also, during the course of any random task I'm doing, if I realize that I spun one way, I have to spin back from the direction I came from.
RE: do you mark your socks with an L or R?  
eli4life : 7/10/2017 5:38 pm : link
In comment 13524628 giants#1 said:
Quote:
how do you know if you flip them?


Yes I do and it's because it gets the shape of my foot and if worn on other foot they get bunched up in my toes. That drives me nuts. I've never worn flip flops for that reason the piece that goes between your big toe and the one next to it. I always wear sliders
I donít consider it strange but my wife in the early years did  
bigblue1124 : 7/10/2017 6:19 pm : link
I label all of our wash cloths for the bathroom A and B A for ass and B for body. Who wants to wash their face with something you washed your ass with?

Another one is the damn frig left open my wife leaves it open until she is done getting crap out and putting it back in. We have one that beeps when open too long. I am always closing it when she is doing her thing. I can turn off the beep but then I wonít know if the frig door is open drives me crazy.


The sock thing thatís just weird man, I can see quitters but L & R? I always roll my socks never turn them into one another always flat never issues with the toes just like I bought them. I do get the flip flop thing hate shit between my toes.
RE: I donít consider it strange but my wife in the early years did  
santacruzom : 7/10/2017 6:24 pm : link
In comment 13524704 bigblue1124 said:
Quote:

Another one is the damn frig left open my wife leaves it open until she is done getting crap out and putting it back in. We have one that beeps when open too long. I am always closing it when she is doing her thing. I can turn off the beep but then I wonít know if the frig door is open drives me crazy.


Yep, nails on a chalkboard for me. Ours does the beeping alert as well, but even without it I'm driven nuts when someone holds the fridge door open while casually conversing with someone in the room or alphabetizing their cheese or whatever the fuck they're doing that apparently renders merely closing and re-opening the door some insurmountable inconvenience to them.
Did you list an NFT topic...  
Chris in Philly : 7/10/2017 6:38 pm : link
without clicking on the button?

Wait, that's not me it's half the people here...
RE: I donít consider it strange but my wife in the early years did  
Taggart : 7/10/2017 6:38 pm : link
In comment 13524704 bigblue1124 said:
Quote:
I label all of our wash cloths for the bathroom A and B A for ass and B for body. Who wants to wash their face with something you washed your ass with?

Another one is the damn frig left open my wife leaves it open until she is done getting crap out and putting it back in. We have one that beeps when open too long. I am always closing it when she is doing her thing. I can turn off the beep but then I wonít know if the frig door is open drives me crazy.


The sock thing thatís just weird man, I can see quitters but L & R? I always roll my socks never turn them into one another always flat never issues with the toes just like I bought them. I do get the flip flop thing hate shit between my toes.


You wash your ass with a wash cloth? Thats pretty weird whether you label it or not. Do you not wipe with TP after you take a dump?
I like towels to be hung neatly  
Taggart : 7/10/2017 6:45 pm : link
Cant stand when they are all disshevelled on the towel bar.

Also, when opening an ice cream container, step 1 is to scrape off the little bit of ice cream that stuck to the lid. If you don't it gets icy over time and that is a waste of good ice cream.
TP  
LTPS5611 : 7/10/2017 6:50 pm : link
Has to roll over the top, I'll fix them at peoples houses, drives me crazy
Cant have the light switch up when its off on a light controled by 2 switches.
Money in numerical then serial # order, at work i have to put the bills face down so I dont go crazy. There are some more, but have to put the kids to bed and too many to list.
Ice  
lono801 : 7/10/2017 6:54 pm : link
I always have two bags of store bought ice...the good tasting kind. Then what ever is made by my ice maker...terrible water in this town so its marginal at best. Ice maker ice is my back up stock.

I go nuts when I travel to Europe to ski...no ice trays or ice makers...

And I can not sleep in a bed with a top sheet...that whole tucked corner shit drives me insane
RE: TP  
Taggart : 7/10/2017 7:00 pm : link
In comment 13524718 LTPS5611 said:
Quote:
Has to roll over the top, I'll fix them at peoples houses, drives me crazy
Cant have the light switch up when its off on a light controled by 2 switches.
Money in numerical then serial # order, at work i have to put the bills face down so I dont go crazy. There are some more, but have to put the kids to bed and too many to list.


TP over the top is not an OCD. Thats simply the way its supposed to be. I often flip it the other way at peoples houses just to mess with them.
If a room has multiple windows with blinds  
Taggart : 7/10/2017 7:04 pm : link
All of the blinds need to be open or closed the same amount, and similarly shades on multiple windows must also be up or down the same amount.
I always double check  
phil in arizona : 7/10/2017 7:07 pm : link
that I didn't leave my headlights on after I've parked.
RE: I have to keep the TV volume  
Del Shofner : 7/10/2017 7:32 pm : link
In comment 13524662 djl8699 said:
Quote:
On an even number. Odd numbers make me feel funny.


Never really thought about it, but I always put the TV volume on an even number too. Strange.
The cash in my wallet  
jnoble : 7/10/2017 7:41 pm : link
..is always by denomination smallest to largest facing the same direction and not upside down. Wonder if the girl at the bank watched me carefully organize my money after cashing a check today before I walked away
Too many times  
Marty866b : 7/10/2017 7:45 pm : link
That I lock my door when leaving the house,get in my car,then get out again to make sure that I didn't forget to lock the door.
food temperature  
ImThatGuy : 7/10/2017 8:50 pm : link
if something is meant to be served hot then it must be very hot, similarly if something is meant to be cold then it must be very cold.

Whenever I bring pizza at home it goes straight to the oven, I think I actually enjoy burning the roof of my mouth or tongue on pizza
RE: Too many times  
Gene : 7/10/2017 8:51 pm : link
In comment 13524747 Marty866b said:
Quote:
That I lock my door when leaving the house,get in my car,then get out again to make sure that I didn't forget to lock the door.


You are not alone in that sir. It's no too bad now, but I had it really bad back in the 80's when I tended bar in a small gin mill owned by my grandmother and uncle.

I would lock the place up at closing time and I would walk away and no less than 3 times have to run back and make sure the door was locked. There were times I was more than a block away and would run back.
Nothing now but had it bad as a kid.  
j_rud : 7/10/2017 9:59 pm : link
I counted syllables on my fingers when in conversation and fixated on light switches. I saw this a few years ago and it had me in stitches. His sums up OCD as a kid *perfectly*
Whitest Kids You Know - God Says Wash Your Hands - ( New Window )
The  
LTPS5611 : 7/10/2017 10:19 pm : link
Volume thing is anothr one, also when i clap i count and cant stop unless I land on a current or retired Giants number. Always have to fix the phone cord so that it doesnt have that weird loop thing. Work pc desk top always has to go, e-mail, folder, program I use, then files I work on.
I clean my glasses all the time too.  
djm : 7/10/2017 11:40 pm : link
Rarely if ever touch a public bathroom doorknob. Probably wash my hands too frequently.
RE: I have a compulsion to coil up the vacuum cord tightly and neatly  
djm : 7/10/2017 11:42 pm : link
In comment 13524613 Greg from LI said:
Quote:
on the little hooks on the outside of the vacuum. My wife just loosely coils it as you would a garden hose and then hangs it on the handle. That drives me crazy.


That's not a compulsion that's just correct and proper cord maintenance. My wife does the same shit as your wife. Both need to be stopped.
And I pretty much do nearly everything mentioned on this thread  
djm : 7/10/2017 11:52 pm : link
To some extent.
RE: RE: I have to keep the TV volume  
Motley Two : 7/11/2017 12:05 am : link
In comment 13524739 Del Shofner said:
Quote:
In comment 13524662 djl8699 said:


Quote:


On an even number. Odd numbers make me feel funny.



Never really thought about it, but I always put the TV volume on an even number too. Strange.


I'm sure there are a few others, but this was the first thing I thought of. (Though sometimes I'll tolerate a 5).
.  
kelsto811 : 7/11/2017 7:05 am : link
If I touch one side of my body I have to touch the other. For example, if I message my left hand I have to message the right donut feels exactly the same. It's weird but I don't feel normal, like my body is uneven otherwise.
And by message I clearly meant massage  
kelsto811 : 7/11/2017 7:08 am : link
Lol
RE: I clean my glasses all the time too.  
spike : 7/11/2017 7:40 am : link
In comment 13525032 djm said:
Quote:
Rarely if ever touch a public bathroom doorknob. Probably wash my hands too frequently.


Thats
Not OCD. Just common sense!
Rearranging the dishes in the dish washer  
Beer Man : 7/11/2017 10:00 am : link
after my wife and kids have put their dirty dishes in it, to maximize the load
I have very little  
pjcas18 : 7/11/2017 10:13 am : link
but my wife, holy shit.

She cannot go to bed at night with a dirty dish in the house or a piece of dirty laundry. You might think that is a good thing, but it's not.

I grew up in a house where you used 1 glass the whole day or sometimes even paper cups that we wrote our name on. laundry was done weekly. I honestly believe my dishwasher and washing machine/dryer run 24/7.

RE: The cash in my wallet  
Scyber : 7/11/2017 10:56 am : link
In comment 13524746 jnoble said:
Quote:
..is always by denomination smallest to largest facing the same direction and not upside down. Wonder if the girl at the bank watched me carefully organize my money after cashing a check today before I walked away


This is mine too. I'm really laid back about alot of things, but for some reason I have to have my cash ordered neatly.
RE: RE: I clean my glasses all the time too.  
djm : 7/11/2017 2:36 pm : link
In comment 13525070 spike said:
Quote:
In comment 13525032 djm said:


Quote:


Rarely if ever touch a public bathroom doorknob. Probably wash my hands too frequently.



Thats
Not OCD. Just common sense!


It aint that common! I see everyone touching shit everywhere. Icky.
RE: Rearranging the dishes in the dish washer  
djm : 7/11/2017 2:36 pm : link
In comment 13525144 Beer Man said:
Quote:
after my wife and kids have put their dirty dishes in it, to maximize the load


Normal. Again, both women need to be stopped.
Route 684  
RobCrossRiver56 : 7/11/2017 7:22 pm : link
Left lane 85
Middle lane 75 MPH
Right Lane 65

It's not that hard, lets get it right people!

Move over you slow MF's
Straighten the phone cord?  
Beezer : 7/11/2017 8:29 pm : link
Who has phone cords these days???
I am OCD about making sure the knives at home are extremely sharp...  
EricJ : 7/11/2017 8:48 pm : link
I absolutely cannot stand a knife that is even slightly dull. What most people consider to be sharp to me is dull. I use japanese whetstones, stop blocks, etc. My knives can slice paper without holding it.

I ended up putting together a 4 series video on how to sharpen knives on Youtube.
You people are all  
Gman11 : 7/11/2017 10:04 pm : link
cuckoo.
RE: RE: I donít consider it strange but my wife in the early years did  
steve in ky : 7/12/2017 5:36 pm : link
In comment 13524713 Taggart said:
Quote:
In comment 13524704 bigblue1124 said:


Quote:


I label all of our wash cloths for the bathroom A and B A for ass and B for body. Who wants to wash their face with something you washed your ass with?

Another one is the damn frig left open my wife leaves it open until she is done getting crap out and putting it back in. We have one that beeps when open too long. I am always closing it when she is doing her thing. I can turn off the beep but then I wonít know if the frig door is open drives me crazy.


The sock thing thatís just weird man, I can see quitters but L & R? I always roll my socks never turn them into one another always flat never issues with the toes just like I bought them. I do get the flip flop thing hate shit between my toes.



You wash your ass with a wash cloth? Thats pretty weird whether you label it or not. Do you not wipe with TP after you take a dump?


I don't think wiping properly eliminates the needs for general hygiene and cleaning oneself properly. Does wiping eliminate sweat, odors, or bacteria?
Back to the Corner