Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Ezekiel Elliott reportedly bracing for suspension

Danny Kanell : 7/14/2017 12:32 pm
Sounds like it could be relatively short but we get them week 1 so...

Bummer

Quote:
There were no charges filed for the 2016 incident in which Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott was accused of allegedly beating a woman with whom he had a sexual relationship.

The Cowboys and most of those covering the NFL thought there would be no punishment handed down after it was revealed that Elliott allegedly had proof his accuser asked a friend to lie for her, but that assumption took a twist with a report from ESPN's Adam Schefter.

"There's a growing sense that Zeke Elliott is going to face some sort of discipline and it very well could include a short suspension," Schefter said Friday morning.


Link - ( New Window )
Anything that decimates the Cowboys,  
Big Blue '56 : 7/14/2017 12:35 pm : link
I'm down with
Everybody relax  
NoPeanutz : 7/14/2017 12:42 pm : link
he's an adorable hero of the Star, and he jumped in the Salvation Army kettle. I can see him getting benched for a series. But a suspension? Even Gingerbot isn't that stupid.
Didn't the girl send him a text saying she was going to end him?  
OdellBeckhamJr : 7/14/2017 12:42 pm : link
I don't understand this whole thing or the NFL's way of handling discipline.
most valuable  
RasputinPrime : 7/14/2017 12:53 pm : link
team in NA sports.

*slow clap*
.  
pjcas18 : 7/14/2017 1:00 pm : link
Suspension?  
Jimmy Googs : 7/14/2017 1:04 pm : link
Man, that's too bad...
Someone needs to let Romo know about all this...  
trueblueinpw : 7/14/2017 1:04 pm : link
Just so he can maybe adjust his preseason analysis of the Pokes. And just because its funny, here's Zeke and Cole Beasley (credit to whoever first posted this image). Its so wrong, yet, so right. #mericasteam

Jerra will have all of his players on the field opening day!  
SterlingArcher : 7/14/2017 1:07 pm : link
That old scumbag just seems to get his way!
.  
arcarsenal : 7/14/2017 1:10 pm : link
I certainly won't be sad if he misses Week 1 - but the NFL's way of handling this shit is really ridiculous.
RE: Everybody relax  
Stu11 : 7/14/2017 1:10 pm : link
[img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8e/21/4f/8e214f24133428822cee3c63b53b5c62--kettle-dallas-cowboys.jpg[/img
one more try  
Stu11 : 7/14/2017 1:11 pm : link
Appeal, then  
old man : 7/14/2017 1:12 pm : link
lose it, then JJ influences RG, finally suspension starts game 2.
Howboutdem.....!!!!!
RE: Jerra will have all of his players on the field opening day!  
pjcas18 : 7/14/2017 1:15 pm : link
In comment 13528282 SterlingArcher said:
Quote:
That old scumbag just seems to get his way!


I'm not claiming it's not deserved, but the Cowboys have to be the most suspended team in the league.

Where does this "that old scumbag just seems to get his way" narrative come from?
I prefer  
BigK : 7/14/2017 1:19 pm : link
The Giants kick the shit out of them at full strength
RE: I prefer  
pjcas18 : 7/14/2017 1:20 pm : link
In comment 13528303 BigK said:
Quote:
The Giants kick the shit out of them at full strength


LOL, there's always one.
RE: .  
Brown Recluse : 7/14/2017 1:22 pm : link
In comment 13528276 pjcas18 said:
Quote:


That made me laugh out loud. hahaha
Prediction  
Reale01 : 7/14/2017 1:35 pm : link
Suspension announced in late August
Dallas appeals suspension
NFL considers and upholds suspension
Elliot misses home game vs Rams.
RE: .  
djm : 7/14/2017 1:36 pm : link
In comment 13528276 pjcas18 said:
Quote:


lol!
Why short?  
Deej : 7/14/2017 1:37 pm : link
Either the NFL has concluded that he did it, in which case a substantial suspension is warranted, or the NFL has determined he didnt do it or there is insufficient proof, in which case he shouldnt be punished.

No moral compass with this league.
RE: Why short?  
Danny Kanell : 7/14/2017 1:39 pm : link
In comment 13528323 Deej said:
Quote:
Either the NFL has concluded that he did it, in which case a substantial suspension is warranted, or the NFL has determined he didnt do it or there is insufficient proof, in which case he shouldnt be punished.

No moral compass with this league.


It's the NFL. Are you surprised? Personally I think it's a joke that he's even being considered for a punishment.
RE: RE: Why short?  
pjcas18 : 7/14/2017 1:40 pm : link
In comment 13528326 Danny Kanell said:
Quote:
In comment 13528323 Deej said:


Quote:


Either the NFL has concluded that he did it, in which case a substantial suspension is warranted, or the NFL has determined he didnt do it or there is insufficient proof, in which case he shouldnt be punished.

No moral compass with this league.



It's the NFL. Are you surprised? Personally I think it's a joke that he's even being considered for a punishment.


You're investigation showed he shouldn't even be considered for disciplinary action?
If he's suspended for game 1, good for us, but Dallas is deep at RB  
SGMen : 7/14/2017 1:56 pm : link
They may not miss much with Elliott out anyway.

RE: RE: RE: Why short?  
Danny Kanell : 7/14/2017 2:35 pm : link
In comment 13528329 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
In comment 13528326 Danny Kanell said:


Quote:


In comment 13528323 Deej said:


Quote:


Either the NFL has concluded that he did it, in which case a substantial suspension is warranted, or the NFL has determined he didnt do it or there is insufficient proof, in which case he shouldnt be punished.

No moral compass with this league.



It's the NFL. Are you surprised? Personally I think it's a joke that he's even being considered for a punishment.



You're investigation showed he shouldn't even be considered for disciplinary action?


Just an opinion. The girl blatantly lied. And I'm not complaining, believe me.
Danny,  
Diver_Down : 7/14/2017 3:05 pm : link
She lied twice?
Danny the last thing I want to do is defend Goodell  
pjcas18 : 7/14/2017 3:10 pm : link
or the NFL disciplinary policy, it's a shit show.

But they are in a legit paradox here. If they don't investigate because the victim seemed unreliable they'll be crucified in the PR dept, if they do investigate then it's a witch hunt.

Josh Brown, Ray Rice, Greg Hardy to name a few have influenced the NFL right or wrong to over-investigate perhaps, but I'm ok with the investigate first decide punishment later approach.

I just wish it were more expeditious, consistent, and transparent - especially if they're going outside the law.
Schefter said  
Big Rick in FL : 7/14/2017 3:21 pm : link
That the NFL is waiting for Zeke to respond to one of there latest findings and it was a recent report. From that it seemed like something the public hasn't heard about.
I do see how anyone can say they mishandled this  
adamg : 7/14/2017 5:53 pm : link
They've seemingly been very methodical with this investigation. There haven't been leaks showing malpractice or evidence of reactionary judgments.
Don't* see  
adamg : 7/14/2017 5:53 pm : link
.
Back to the Corner