Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

Donald Penn still holding out

Koffman : 8/6/2017 11:14 pm
With reports of Flowers still having issues from camp, is it time to finally give up and sign a decent LT ?
You know he's under contract, right?  
Ten Ton Hammer : 8/6/2017 11:22 pm : link
.
I think that you know that this isn't the way the Giants go about  
yatqb : 8/6/2017 11:33 pm : link
their business. They'll give Flowers every possible chance to blossom.
They have not had a full contact  
larryflower37 : 8/6/2017 11:52 pm : link
Practice yet.
Before we cut a 23 yr LT can we get through a pre season game at least.
Weird thread  
robbieballs2003 : 8/6/2017 11:53 pm : link
.
RE: You know he's under contract, right?  
GiantGolfer : 8/7/2017 2:00 am : link
In comment 13551186 Ten Ton Hammer said:
Quote:
.


No, he doesn't. Otherwise he wouldn't have started this thread. I hope....right?
RE: I think that you know that this isn't the way the Giants go about  
Fred-in-Florida : 8/7/2017 5:15 am : link
In comment 13551195 yatqb said:
Quote:
their business. They'll give Flowers every possible chance to blossom.


I like what you did there yat
Actually from all reports including  
JCin332 : 8/7/2017 6:18 am : link
Sy and gidie's he's looked pretty good so far...
Can't you...  
FatMan in Charlotte : 8/7/2017 8:04 am : link
only trade for a guy holding out? You can't just sign any player not at camp.
Yes, four days before the first preseason game...  
Klaatu : 8/7/2017 8:18 am : link
Is the perfect time to jettison Ereck Flowers and sign a decent LT. I'm sure Reese can find one at the Decent LT Store (and now he can shop online for one, too).
RE: Can't you...  
Larry in Pencilvania : 8/7/2017 8:20 am : link
In comment 13551277 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
only trade for a guy holding out? You can't just sign any player not at camp.


Me personally I'd sign Joe Thomas
We offered..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 8/7/2017 8:22 am : link
Thomas a contract, but he forgot about it......
RE: Yes, four days before the first preseason game...  
Jimmy Googs : 8/7/2017 8:29 am : link
In comment 13551282 Klaatu said:
Quote:
Is the perfect time to jettison Ereck Flowers and sign a decent LT. I'm sure Reese can find one at the Decent LT Store (and now he can shop online for one, too).


Are you kidding me? There is a on-line store that sells Left Tackles and we never bothered to order one yet?

Reese asleep at switch yet again...
RE: RE: Yes, four days before the first preseason game...  
Klaatu : 8/7/2017 8:31 am : link
In comment 13551292 Jimmy Googs said:
Quote:
In comment 13551282 Klaatu said:


Quote:


Is the perfect time to jettison Ereck Flowers and sign a decent LT. I'm sure Reese can find one at the Decent LT Store (and now he can shop online for one, too).



Are you kidding me? There is a on-line store that sells Left Tackles and we never bothered to order one yet?

Reese asleep at switch yet again...


Yeah, you can get them at Costco, too, but you have to be a member.
In addition to all of the reasons stated  
UberAlias : 8/7/2017 8:32 am : link
There are also ramifications to the salary cap. And by this I'm not suggesting that a team can't manufacture space if they really want to, but whatever funds they'd have to commit are already allocated for something. They have some big contracts coming up.
Last year the team dished out some very large contracts to FA  
UberAlias : 8/7/2017 8:36 am : link
Those moved paid off and went a long way to fixing the defense but you can't simply buy yourself a talented roster. Oline fix is most likely is going to require talent to develop.
RE: RE: RE: Yes, four days before the first preseason game...  
Jimmy Googs : 8/7/2017 8:37 am : link
In comment 13551294 Klaatu said:
Quote:
In comment 13551292 Jimmy Googs said:


Quote:


In comment 13551282 Klaatu said:


Quote:


Is the perfect time to jettison Ereck Flowers and sign a decent LT. I'm sure Reese can find one at the Decent LT Store (and now he can shop online for one, too).



Are you kidding me? There is a on-line store that sells Left Tackles and we never bothered to order one yet?

Reese asleep at switch yet again...



Yeah, you can get them at Costco, too, but you have to be a member.


funny you say that, I just became a Costco member 3 weeks ago. As my contribution to team, I will use my card and go down there today. I needed 50lbs of beefa'rino anyway...
What!!  
FatMan in Charlotte : 8/7/2017 8:41 am : link
Beef-a-reeno!!

RE: Weird thread  
Neckbone1333 : 8/7/2017 8:51 am : link
In comment 13551209 robbieballs2003 said:
Quote:
.


+1
What Reports???  
Bleedin Blue : 8/7/2017 9:23 am : link
Show your work or you fail!!
FYI Penn is 34 & under contract at $6 million. If he were available  
Marty in Albany : 8/7/2017 9:33 am : link
And he is NOT available, he wants a multi-year $10 million salary with God only knows how much guaranteed.
Now that I think about it, Penn may be doing a Strahan.  
Marty in Albany : 8/7/2017 9:37 am : link
At 34 he may be to avoid training camp and figures that if he shows up healthy in after most of camp is over, they won't levy a big fine for missing practices. Who knows?
.  
arcarsenal : 8/7/2017 9:59 am : link
Jerry Reach asleep at the wheel once again.... Donald Penn is sitting out there waiting to be offered a new contract even though he's already signed to one and this fucking guy can't figure out how to do it.
Guys, pay attention - we're signing holdouts.  
jcn56 : 8/7/2017 10:00 am : link
I'll take Aaron Donald please.
Who said Flowers is having  
The 12th Man : 8/7/2017 11:34 am : link
a bad camp? Have not seen this any where.
Back to the Corner