Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

Fantasy Keeper Feedback

ryanmkeane : 8/8/2017 8:07 am
In a franchise league where we keep 5 players year over year. My list of potential keepers are:

Odell Beckham
Sammy Watkins
Martavis Bryant
Corey Coleman
Donte Moncrief
Jordan Howard
Lamar Miller
Greg Olsen

I'm thinking Beckham-Watkins-Bryant-Howard-Miller. QB is Eli but won't be keeping him as most of the teams aren't keeping QBs unless you have a top 3 or 4 guy. I've kept Watkins year over year but this might be the year I finally let him go. Help!!
Do you lose  
JayBinQueens : 8/8/2017 8:09 am : link
Anything for keeping someone?
Id say your list is right..  
Italianju : 8/8/2017 8:10 am : link
odell and Howard are obvious locks. Id also say Miller is as well since im assuming a ton of RB's are being kept so any top 15-20 RB needs to be kept. I think you give Watkins one more year, he is supposedly healthy (for now) and has looked good (for now). And id rather take a shot on Bryant then Coleman or Moncrief (already hurt). I guess you could keep a TE, but i would rather take a chance on Bryant, im sure you could still pick up a solid TE early in the draft if you wanted to.
RE: Do you lose  
ryanmkeane : 8/8/2017 8:11 am : link
In comment 13552400 JayBinQueens said:
Quote:
Anything for keeping someone?

Nope. All 16 teams are required to keep 5 guys every year, and then we draft rookies and dropped players from the same pool. PPR league.
RE: Id say your list is right..  
ryanmkeane : 8/8/2017 8:13 am : link
In comment 13552402 Italianju said:
Quote:
I guess you could keep a TE, but i would rather take a chance on Bryant, im sure you could still pick up a solid TE early in the draft if you wanted to.

That was my thinking. Bryant is a top 15 WR if he's got his head on straight and huge TD potential. Miller is a definite I think, mainly because I drafted him his rookie year and have had a fantasy crush on the guy ever since, but also because I think he should bounce back nicely and slightly increase his numbers from last year, which would still be a top 20 RB.
I love  
ryanmkeane : 8/8/2017 8:14 am : link
Coleman, but tough to trust him in Cleveland and it looks like he may be a guy who is constantly nicked up.
After Beckham and Howard flip a coin.  
robbieballs2003 : 8/8/2017 8:20 am : link
Imo, keep the best players for this year. I would seriously consider Moncrief and Olsen. I am not saying I would keep them because there are issues with them lime the other players but Olsen is about as consistent as they come. I understand he is older but a lot of the other guys are very risky.

I like Coleman but who is throwing him the ball?

Watkins is a walking injury. I don't like WRs that have had foot injuries especially for as long as he did. Still, he probably has the highest upside of everybody else.

Martavis Bryant hasn't even been reinstated yet and at best he is the third target on a team with many targets but Bell and Brown dominant the targets. Bryant, at best, will be a very inconsistent player from week to week who you will always have to worry about missing time with another suspension.

Miller was somewhat of a disappointment last year and they sem to want to lessen his workload. Upside here but how much.

Moncrief is primed for a big year but with that OP and Luck not fully healthy he is a risk.

I know I missed some players but i wouldn't be keeping any of those players because you think they will be great in 2018 because there is so much that changes from year to year. Take the players that you think will be the best this year. That is why I would almost definitely keep Olsen.
Is it a PPR?  
YAJ2112 : 8/8/2017 8:22 am : link
Toss back Corey Coleman and Donte Moncrief for sure.

Locks
Odell Beckham
Sammy Watkins
Jordan Howard

In a 16 team league, I think a top talent at TE is more valuable. I'd keep Olsen also.

It would come down to Lamar Miller or Martavis Bryant. I personally don't like either guy, though certainly see their value in your format.
If I had to give you a list right now it would be  
robbieballs2003 : 8/8/2017 8:22 am : link
Beckham
Howard
Olsen
Miller
Watkins
Moncrief...  
Italianju : 8/8/2017 8:25 am : link
is just as injury prone as watkins and hasnt performed as well when healthy. Bryant is a lottery ticket, when he has played with Ben/Bell/Brown he has put up awesome numbers. Much more risky then Olsen for sure though.
RE: After Beckham and Howard flip a coin.  
ryanmkeane : 8/8/2017 8:34 am : link
In comment 13552408 robbieballs2003 said:
Quote:
Imo, keep the best players for this year. I would seriously consider Moncrief and Olsen. I am not saying I would keep them because there are issues with them lime the other players but Olsen is about as consistent as they come. I understand he is older but a lot of the other guys are very risky.

I like Coleman but who is throwing him the ball?

Watkins is a walking injury. I don't like WRs that have had foot injuries especially for as long as he did. Still, he probably has the highest upside of everybody else.

Martavis Bryant hasn't even been reinstated yet and at best he is the third target on a team with many targets but Bell and Brown dominant the targets. Bryant, at best, will be a very inconsistent player from week to week who you will always have to worry about missing time with another suspension.

Miller was somewhat of a disappointment last year and they sem to want to lessen his workload. Upside here but how much.

Moncrief is primed for a big year but with that OP and Luck not fully healthy he is a risk.

I know I missed some players but i wouldn't be keeping any of those players because you think they will be great in 2018 because there is so much that changes from year to year. Take the players that you think will be the best this year. That is why I would almost definitely keep Olsen.

Great feedback. The only reason why I'd consider not keeping Olsen, is that I can probably draft a solid TE in the actual draft and not lose too much...VS the drop off of scoring RB and WR could be a lot.
Ill throw a keeper question out there...  
Italianju : 8/8/2017 8:51 am : link
im in a 2QB (4pt per passing TD) league. Start 2rb and 2wr as well. No restrictions on how long you can keep a player (we are working to change that, but as of now thats the rule). I can keep 3 of Odell, Russell Wilson, Gronk and J. Howard. Trying to figure out who to throw back. Im tempted to go with Wilson, since QB is so deep, but im assuming about 10 QB's will be kept so that puts a dent in the QB option. I know it probably makes the most sense to throw back gronk, but he is such a difference maker at his position when healthy. Or i could throw back Howard, but so many RB's are kept that the position is quite thin. Best available will be guys like Gurley, L. Miller, and Crowell.
RE: Ill throw a keeper question out there...  
YAJ2112 : 8/8/2017 9:29 am : link
In comment 13552427 Italianju said:
Quote:
im in a 2QB (4pt per passing TD) league. Start 2rb and 2wr as well. No restrictions on how long you can keep a player (we are working to change that, but as of now thats the rule). I can keep 3 of Odell, Russell Wilson, Gronk and J. Howard. Trying to figure out who to throw back. Im tempted to go with Wilson, since QB is so deep, but im assuming about 10 QB's will be kept so that puts a dent in the QB option. I know it probably makes the most sense to throw back gronk, but he is such a difference maker at his position when healthy. Or i could throw back Howard, but so many RB's are kept that the position is quite thin. Best available will be guys like Gurley, L. Miller, and Crowell.


Assuming 10 teams? PPR?

I'd probably go OBJ, Howard, and Wilson.
Yeah  
pjcas18 : 8/8/2017 9:34 am : link
I'd throw Gronk back, too injury prone and now even more options in that offense.
RE: If I had to give you a list right now it would be  
djm : 8/8/2017 9:35 am : link
In comment 13552410 robbieballs2003 said:
Quote:
Beckham
Howard
Olsen
Miller
Watkins


That's my list too and it's rather easy. Five best players. Don't over think it.
Ryan  
allstarjim : 8/8/2017 9:39 am : link
Bryant is a headcase, and his next mistake is probably a career-ender. Personally, I love Corey Coleman, and I think he's going to put up big numbers this year.

Bryant does indeed have amazing talent. He's basically another Dez Bryant, but I probably will not have any shares in him because where I would draft him he'll be gone. Because you already have OBJ and Watkins, you should feel ok about rolling the dice with him as your number 3 receiver. But I would prioritize getting another receiver before too long in your draft. I really don't disagree with your thoughts on Bryant, but Corey Coleman's talent does warrant consideration, and he doesn't carry the risk Bryant does in terms of behavioral issues. Remember Justin Blackmon.

Personally, I probably have the same five as you, because I trust Roethlisberger to create more fantasy points for his receivers a lot more than I do Brock Osweiler.
Thanks Yaj and PJ...  
Italianju : 8/8/2017 9:40 am : link
and its a 10 team league, but no PPR. Gronk's injuries have got annoying, i just hope i dont throw him back the year he plays 15 games, haha. I can always try to pick him back up, but im going to be picking towards the end of the first so i doubt it.
I also need some opinions on my 5 keepers  
allstarjim : 8/8/2017 9:50 am : link
Locks already are OBJ, Andrew Luck, and Jordan Howard.

I need 2 more out of the following group:

Mike Gillislee
Corey Coleman
Derrick Henry
Charles Sims
Allen Robinson
Sammy Watkins

I'm obviously leaning towards one of them being a WR and one being a RB, but I can make a case on going Henry and Gillislee or Sims and Gillislee if Sims is the unquestioned starter in Tampa which is hard to say right now. Personally, I think no matter what Doug Martin is going to work a major role back in the offense at some point. However, Sims is obviously going to be a good play for the first 3 weeks as Martin completes his suspension.

I am loathe to let go of Derrick Henry, also. He's such an immense talent that even a small uptick in his usage this year puts him in the flex conversation, and obviously, any injury to Murray and Henry is an automatic top 5 weekly play.

Also, I have 2 firsts and 2 seconds due to trades, picking 6th and 9th, but keep in mind that most of the top 50 will be gone. Standard scoring, 10-team league.
RE: Thanks Yaj and PJ...  
pjcas18 : 8/8/2017 9:52 am : link
In comment 13552477 Italianju said:
Quote:
and its a 10 team league, but no PPR. Gronk's injuries have got annoying, i just hope i dont throw him back the year he plays 15 games, haha. I can always try to pick him back up, but im going to be picking towards the end of the first so i doubt it.


Even with a healthy Gronk, In a two QB league (I've been there and with injuries and bye weeks you don't want to be the guy starting Cody Pickett), so Wilson is slightly less of a no-brainer than Beckham so then it's Howard vs Gronk and Howard is IMO a better bet than Gronk to be better than someone else you can draft. Even if Gronk goes off I wouldn't second guess it.
thanks PJ...  
Italianju : 8/8/2017 10:04 am : link
yeah i think Gronk is the right move. Hopefully others are scared off as well and i can pick him back up in the first.
I might have to take a step back on Gillislee  
allstarjim : 8/8/2017 10:23 am : link
He is currently the 5th RB on the Patriots depth chart. I had assumed he'd step right in to the Fournette role, but it appears he may have entered Belichick's dog house.
RE: I also need some opinions on my 5 keepers  
pjcas18 : 8/8/2017 10:25 am : link
In comment 13552487 allstarjim said:
Quote:
Locks already are OBJ, Andrew Luck, and Jordan Howard.

I need 2 more out of the following group:

Mike Gillislee
Corey Coleman
Derrick Henry
Charles Sims
Allen Robinson
Sammy Watkins

I'm obviously leaning towards one of them being a WR and one being a RB, but I can make a case on going Henry and Gillislee or Sims and Gillislee if Sims is the unquestioned starter in Tampa which is hard to say right now. Personally, I think no matter what Doug Martin is going to work a major role back in the offense at some point. However, Sims is obviously going to be a good play for the first 3 weeks as Martin completes his suspension.

I am loathe to let go of Derrick Henry, also. He's such an immense talent that even a small uptick in his usage this year puts him in the flex conversation, and obviously, any injury to Murray and Henry is an automatic top 5 weekly play.

Also, I have 2 firsts and 2 seconds due to trades, picking 6th and 9th, but keep in mind that most of the top 50 will be gone. Standard scoring, 10-team league.


I'd go Robinson and Watkins. Neither are sure things, but they're the best players IMO.

Henry and Sims (today) are backups. Robinson and Watkins ate WR1's.

Very interesting take  
allstarjim : 8/8/2017 10:34 am : link
I don't really necessarily disagree. On the surface, I'd be really strong out of the gate at WR. I have to play out some scenarios to see who might be available at #6 and #9, and #16 and #19. I have to make those first 4 picks really count.

One guy  
ryanmkeane : 8/8/2017 10:36 am : link
I'm keeping tabs on is Jamaal Williams on the Packers. Reports are that he's already challenging Montgomery for the starting job, and I have a feeling by midseason he'll be the starter there. Nice keeper in that offense.
I have Bryant in a dynasty league  
AcesUp : 8/8/2017 10:47 am : link
And I'd still feel more comfortable with Moncrief or Coleman in keeper. Bryant would be my choice in a redraft, but I don't really like his upside long term, way too volatile. His long term situation isn't perfect either, it's more likely than not that Ben retires after this year. I'd trade Bryant straight up for Moncrief if given the choice.
jim  
YAJ2112 : 8/8/2017 10:48 am : link
I'd definitely keep Watkins.

It would be down to Robinson or Henry for the other spot. I'd prefer ARob, I'm not sure Henry will ever be a full-time back for Tenn. That said, wouldn't kill you if you thought differently and wanted Henry.

What makes you think Sims is starting while Martin is out? Jacquizz Rodgers is still there and for whatever reason Koetter loves him. Rodgers put up numbers while playing for Martin last year and would be the most likely starter. Plus they drafted Jeremy McNichols, who is likely Sims' successor. I wouldn't be keeping Sims in any case.
I've seen a lot of Quizzy Rodgers  
allstarjim : 8/8/2017 11:06 am : link
And I just don't think he's capable of shouldering a heavy workload. That said, they burned a mid-round pick on Jeremy McNichols, who I like. But you're right, Quizzy will get work, and that does diminish Sims to a degree, and with Martin coming back, I think eventually the two most talented RBs will be Martin and McNichols. So I'm hard-passing on Sims. I'm also downgrading Gillislee because that is a crowded backfield with Dion Sims, James White, Rex Burkhead, and Brandon Bolden.

I like the feedback I'm getting on A-Rob and Watkins. I definitely see the appeal in keeping both of them, and starting the season with a strong trio of receivers, plus Jordan Howard and Andrew Luck.
RE: If I had to give you a list right now it would be  
WillVAB : 8/8/2017 11:45 am : link
In comment 13552410 robbieballs2003 said:
Quote:
Beckham
Howard
Olsen
Miller
Watkins


This. There should be plenty of WRs available in the Bryant/Coleman/Moncrief tier when you draft. The same can't be said for TE, and Olsen is still good despite his age.
Back to the Corner