Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

NFT: Smashburger: Rip off

jnoble : 8/12/2017 5:49 pm
so I went to one today after seeing an ad hyping their limited time only $4 "Triple Double" burger. It was the size of my fist. It was just slightly larger than a White Castle burger. I killed it in like 5 bites. I like their quality but what an overpriced (even at $4) ripoff. ALL THEIR BURGERS are too damn small for the price. For 8 to 9 dollars I can get something twice the size at Fuddruckers. Opinions?
Don't eat at Smashburger  
Ben in Tampa : 8/12/2017 5:52 pm : link
!
You're mad  
8 Ball : 8/12/2017 6:01 pm : link
Because you could get something else that is twice the size, for twice the price? Makes a lot of sense, bro.
Never eaten there  
Jim in Fairfax : 8/12/2017 6:17 pm : link
But according to their site it's 2/3 pound of beef, clocking in at 1193 calories.
RE: You're mad  
jnoble : 8/12/2017 6:25 pm : link
In comment 13558288 8 Ball said:
Quote:
Because you could get something else that is twice the size, for twice the price? Makes a lot of sense, bro.


well the $4 deal is only a temporary thing. I think it's normally 6 or 7 something. Oh and they want $4.50 if you add on fries and drink. My point was that if you watch the TV ad, they make it out to be this big ass burger but in reality it's a sad joke. As far as burgers go.
Thanks jnoble  
Samiam : 8/12/2017 6:30 pm : link
I saw that same ad and thought I would go there. It looked a great deal. Not going to waste my time. If you saw the ad, you would not question the thread.
Not sure what anyone expects  
UConn4523 : 8/12/2017 6:34 pm : link
at these burger places. Also, getting mad at paying $4 for something that's half the size of a burger that's $8 is hilarious.
And again: 2/3 pounds of beef  
Jim in Fairfax : 8/12/2017 6:35 pm : link
1193 calories
Pics or gtfo  
Larry in Pencilvania : 8/12/2017 6:39 pm : link
.
.....  
Route 9 : 8/12/2017 6:40 pm : link
Agreed. Went to Smash Burger in 2013 when I got back home from NJ after the Cowboys-Giants game in Dallas. Everyone wanted to go. Eh, nothing special. Still, nothing sucks more than White Castle. Yeah, I said it.
RE: Not sure what anyone expects  
jnoble : 8/12/2017 7:00 pm : link
In comment 13558334 UConn4523 said:
Quote:
at these burger places. Also, getting mad at paying $4 for something that's half the size of a burger that's $8 is hilarious.


Your face is hilarious
.  
Stan in LA : 8/12/2017 7:17 pm : link
RE: RE: Not sure what anyone expects  
UConn4523 : 8/12/2017 7:19 pm : link
In comment 13558367 jnoble said:
Quote:
In comment 13558334 UConn4523 said:


Quote:


at these burger places. Also, getting mad at paying $4 for something that's half the size of a burger that's $8 is hilarious.



Your face is hilarious


I agree. However, you getting ripped off is far more hilarious. That $8 burger should be more than double the size of the $4 burger or else you aren't even getting a volume discount.

Can't remember the last time I complained about anything that cost $4. Again, what did you expect?
I tried all the so called best burgers In and Out, 5 guys Etc  
gtt350 : 8/12/2017 7:32 pm : link
the best cheesebuger IMHO is Red Robin. what a sleeper, big , juicy. char broiled. good stuff
RE: I tried all the so called best burgers In and Out, 5 guys Etc  
Jim in Fairfax : 8/12/2017 7:40 pm : link
In comment 13558385 gtt350 said:
Quote:
the best cheesebuger IMHO is Red Robin. what a sleeper, big , juicy. char broiled. good stuff

Kind of apples and oranges tho, as Red Robin is a sit-down restaurant.
Save your money...  
hitchchops2 : 8/12/2017 8:10 pm : link
...meat is a killer, haven't you heard? Feel better, save some scratch, and eat a vegetable. You are welcome.
.....  
Route 9 : 8/12/2017 8:22 pm : link
I must say, Iíve done a very good job ďcutting the cordĒ on eating out. Since June 28th, I only ate out twice and once was Burger King. Holy shit, that was disgusting. I did this as a month experiment and I think Iím going to stick to it for the long run. I keep losing weight without really trying. I donít miss fast food/overrated, glorified diner food either.
RE: .....  
chopperhatch : 8/12/2017 8:43 pm : link
In comment 13558439 Route 9 said:
Quote:
I must say, Iíve done a very good job ďcutting the cordĒ on eating out. Since June 28th, I only ate out twice and once was Burger King. Holy shit, that was disgusting. I did this as a month experiment and I think Iím going to stick to it for the long run. I keep losing weight without really trying. I donít miss fast food/overrated, glorified diner food either.


It really is pretty amazing. I have been making I my own food/meal prepping for a while now. I went out with my cousin to take him for a cheesesteak when he visited a couple of weeks ago. I felt disgusting an hour later. Sluggish and my shits were heinous. I dont want to do that again.
Is your fist size closer to Kevin Snead's  
Lurts : 8/12/2017 9:32 pm : link
Or Dalvin Tomlinson's?
RE: Save your money...  
djm : 8/12/2017 11:07 pm : link
In comment 13558426 hitchchops2 said:
Quote:
...meat is a killer, haven't you heard? Feel better, save some scratch, and eat a vegetable. You are welcome.


Vegetables aren't cheap and they don't taste as good as a cheeseburger. Meat is fucking awesome.
Use  
spike : 8/12/2017 11:14 pm : link
The bogo coupon
RE: Save your money...  
BigBlueShock : 8/12/2017 11:21 pm : link
In comment 13558426 hitchchops2 said:
Quote:
...meat is a killer, haven't you heard? Feel better, save some scratch, and eat a vegetable. You are welcome.

Wtf? Jeezus, take off the damn skirt.
RE: Save your money...  
Ten Ton Hammer : 8/13/2017 12:13 am : link
In comment 13558426 hitchchops2 said:
Quote:
...meat is a killer, haven't you heard? Feel better, save some scratch, and eat a vegetable. You are welcome.


Fuck Smashburger  
SHO'NUFF : 8/13/2017 4:02 am : link
worst customer service ever.
RE: Fuck Smashburger  
Giantology : 8/13/2017 5:28 am : link
In comment 13558616 SHO'NUFF said:
Quote:
worst customer service ever.


I've heard people rank burger places by the burger, even fries. But customer service? Not sure what you're expecting from a fast casual restaurant...
We dont need to turn this into another  
EricJ : 8/13/2017 6:36 am : link
which cheeseburger joint is better thread. If you are looking for the best price to food quantity ratio, then maybe Five Guys is your place since you can get a double for about $6 and then load it with as many stomach filling toppings for no extra cost.

The worst value may be white castles.
Just Watched The Founder about Ray Kroc and McDonalds  
jpetuch : 8/13/2017 10:36 am : link
Funny how they show their food back then and now. 15 cent bugers and 19 cent cheeseburgers. Food looked real back then compared to now. I remember they took off the extra cheese on a McDouble to save 3 cents.
RE: RE: Fuck Smashburger  
SHO'NUFF : 8/13/2017 4:09 pm : link
In comment 13558618 Giantology said:
Quote:
In comment 13558616 SHO'NUFF said:


Quote:


worst customer service ever.



I've heard people rank burger places by the burger, even fries. But customer service? Not sure what you're expecting from a fast casual restaurant...


Customer service is huge to me. Combine it with decent, but small burgers and cold fries, Smashburger is a no-go for me.

Customer service should absolutely be part of the criteria when evaluating any food joint.
RE: Just Watched The Founder about Ray Kroc and McDonalds  
Jim in Fairfax : 8/13/2017 5:34 pm : link
In comment 13558703 jpetuch said:
Quote:
Funny how they show their food back then and now. 15 cent bugers and 19 cent cheeseburgers. Food looked real back then compared to now. I remember they took off the extra cheese on a McDouble to save 3 cents.

Adjusted for inflation, 15 cents in 1955 is equal to $1.38 today.
Back to the Corner