Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

Odell update from Schefter

FranknWeezer : 9/10/2017 11:57 am
Just said on ESPN Sunday Countdown an inside source told him that Odell playing tonight is about as probable as Schefter taking a vacation to Cuba next week. FWIW.
My sources from Expedia...  
KentGraham : 9/10/2017 11:59 am : link
Can confirm he's been looking at vacation spots, but has not booked yet.

Holy shit, what a stupid fucking analogy. Just say he's not likely to play.
No excuses. We still have enough  
Big Blue '56 : 9/10/2017 11:59 am : link
on both sides of the ball to leave with a win, imv
So he's saying there's a better chance of ESPNs ratings  
TommytheElephant : 9/10/2017 12:00 pm : link
Trending upward going into 2018?
What are two men that have never been in my kitchen, Alex...  
Jimmy Googs : 9/10/2017 12:01 pm : link
.
Not good.  
Dave in Hoboken : 9/10/2017 12:01 pm : link
My feeling on this game is getting worse. Very disappointing. Better be able to play next week.
Are hurricane  
Pete in MD : 9/10/2017 12:03 pm : link
jokes appropriate at this point?
Good thing they signed Marshall  
Rflairr : 9/10/2017 12:03 pm : link
Now time for Shepherd to step up
yea  
BleedBlue : 9/10/2017 12:08 pm : link
include me in the group that lost ALOT of confidence about tonight with OBJ out. without his play we prob dont win the second game last year....tough matchup and without OBJ who would be the best player in the stadium its gonna be a lot tougher
RE: yea  
nygiants16 : 9/10/2017 12:10 pm : link
In comment 13590090 BleedBlue said:
Quote:
include me in the group that lost ALOT of confidence about tonight with OBJ out. without his play we prob dont win the second game last year....tough matchup and without OBJ who would be the best player in the stadium its gonna be a lot tougher


cowboys arr missing starting lb, a lot of deptg on their defensive line and all 4 starters are gone from last year in their secondary...
RE: No excuses. We still have enough  
micky : 9/10/2017 12:14 pm : link
In comment 13590072 Big Blue '56 said:
Quote:
on both sides of the ball to leave with a win, imv


hope so, but admitted obj is giants offense.

without a run game and obj, dallas will likely send a lot pressure on weak ol and force Marshall and or Sheppard beat them..likely keep Ingram (still an unkown) in to block more as well as Ellison to protect line. missing obj takes a lot more options away.

defense has to step up more with turnovers
This is not a great defense we're facing  
UberAlias : 9/10/2017 12:16 pm : link
More than enough weapons for franchise QB to put points up and defense can be great.

Sometimes you just need your QB to go out and win you one.
Dallas' defense isn't good.  
Ten Ton Hammer : 9/10/2017 12:17 pm : link
.
we say  
BleedBlue : 9/10/2017 12:18 pm : link
that dallas defense isnt good but they were good enough last year....i know they have lost but they arent a high school defense. i agree they lack a lot of talent but for some reason they play well enough....
ESPN - that confirms it  
Peter from NH (formerly CT) : 9/10/2017 12:19 pm : link
he is definitely playing tonight....

[smirk]

Not sure if it is such a long-shot why they flew him down to Dallas? Sets back the rehab... ?
RE: we say  
Ten Ton Hammer : 9/10/2017 12:19 pm : link
In comment 13590109 BleedBlue said:
Quote:
that dallas defense isnt good but they were good enough last year....i know they have lost but they arent a high school defense. i agree they lack a lot of talent but for some reason they play well enough....


They're not a high school defense, but the Giants beat the twice with only a high school offense and a great defense.
RE: RE: we say  
BleedBlue : 9/10/2017 12:20 pm : link
In comment 13590115 Ten Ton Hammer said:
Quote:
In comment 13590109 BleedBlue said:


Quote:


that dallas defense isnt good but they were good enough last year....i know they have lost but they arent a high school defense. i agree they lack a lot of talent but for some reason they play well enough....



They're not a high school defense, but the Giants beat the twice with only a high school offense and a great defense.



no i agree, just know we will miss OBJ drawing coverage and shit. believe me deep down i think we can do it, but its such a blow IMO
I've believed the entire time that this is all a smokescreen.  
Mr. Bungle : 9/10/2017 12:22 pm : link
No reason to abandon the smokescreen now, especially with a guy who leaked JPP's medical records. An opportunity for NYG to make Schefter look out of the loop.
Who is this source?  
PatersonPlank : 9/10/2017 12:23 pm : link
I hate unnamed sources, anyone can virtually just make things up.
RE: Dallas' defense isn't good.  
Dave in Hoboken : 9/10/2017 12:23 pm : link
In comment 13590105 Ten Ton Hammer said:
Quote:
.


Neither is our OLine.
I'm hoping we aren't paying our QB $100M to be a product of his starWR  
UberAlias : 9/10/2017 12:24 pm : link
There are other weapons playing and we have a great defense. When you have a franchise QB that should be enough to win games.
RE: I'm hoping we aren't paying our QB $100M to be a product of his starWR  
BleedBlue : 9/10/2017 12:33 pm : link
In comment 13590124 UberAlias said:
Quote:
There are other weapons playing and we have a great defense. When you have a franchise QB that should be enough to win games.



yea except tom brady everyone QB leans on a stud WR...also eli isnt in his prime anymore...he is on the back 9...he needs guys to make plays
Odell will not play  
Bluesbreaker : 9/10/2017 12:35 pm : link
if he is concerned about a lingering injury if he is upgraded to probable then I have confidence that he will
play and be effective .
Can't be  
Go Terps : 9/10/2017 12:35 pm : link
I heard from his fanboys here on BBI that once his competitive juices got going that he would play.
RE: RE: Dallas' defense isn't good.  
Ten Ton Hammer : 9/10/2017 12:39 pm : link
In comment 13590122 Dave in Hoboken said:
Quote:
In comment 13590105 Ten Ton Hammer said:


Quote:


.



Neither is our OLine.


It's not good, but it's good enough that if they had players last year, they would have scored more points.

RE: RE: RE: Dallas' defense isn't good.  
Dave in Hoboken : 9/10/2017 12:41 pm : link
In comment 13590143 Ten Ton Hammer said:
Quote:
In comment 13590122 Dave in Hoboken said:


Quote:


In comment 13590105 Ten Ton Hammer said:


Quote:


.



Neither is our OLine.



It's not good, but it's good enough that if they had players last year, they would have scored more points.


I don't know if that improves the OLine. Either way, kind of screwed with not Beckham.
RE: Who is this source?  
feelflows : 9/10/2017 12:41 pm : link
In comment 13590121 PatersonPlank said:
Quote:
I hate unnamed sources, anyone can virtually just make things up.


Josh Norman
RE: RE: I'm hoping we aren't paying our QB $100M to be a product of his starWR  
UberAlias : 9/10/2017 12:42 pm : link
In comment 13590134 BleedBlue said:
Quote:
In comment 13590124 UberAlias said:


Quote:


There are other weapons playing and we have a great defense. When you have a franchise QB that should be enough to win games.




yea except tom brady everyone QB leans on a stud WR...also eli isnt in his prime anymore...he is on the back 9...he needs guys to make plays
. Then you must not think very highly of our QB. This isn't the 85 bears D they're facing and its not like Eli doesn't have any targets to throw to. This defense BM EE and SS are enough to get it done if our QB is worth what they're paying him.
On the positive side  
wonderback : 9/10/2017 12:45 pm : link
At least you didn't get another lecture from some self important athlete/social warrior on Kapernick, the flag and how it's our right to protest or whatever. I immediately turned of my set. Can't stand this stuff anymore!!!!
Does anyone still watch ESPN?  
SterlingArcher : 9/10/2017 12:46 pm : link
.
RE: RE: Dallas' defense isn't good.  
micky : 9/10/2017 12:47 pm : link
In comment 13590122 Dave in Hoboken said:
Quote:
In comment 13590105 Ten Ton Hammer said:


Quote:


.



Neither is our OLine.


if giants ol was even avg and had some semblance of an effective running game, then I'd be more confident that the giants win this game. But ol isn't and don't have a effective running game and obj out (who showed he's the offense). until engram and or Ellison, Sheppard, Marshall, and Perkins prove they can step up remains to be seen
I'm not sure why some people consider Engram a known quantity.  
Mr. Bungle : 9/10/2017 12:50 pm : link
He's played 0 NFL games. We don't know what he can or will do yet.
RE: RE: RE: RE: Dallas' defense isn't good.  
Ten Ton Hammer : 9/10/2017 12:51 pm : link
In comment 13590148 Dave in Hoboken said:
Quote:
In comment 13590143 Ten Ton Hammer said:


Quote:


In comment 13590122 Dave in Hoboken said:


Quote:


In comment 13590105 Ten Ton Hammer said:


Quote:


.



Neither is our OLine.



It's not good, but it's good enough that if they had players last year, they would have scored more points.




I don't know if that improves the OLine. Either way, kind of screwed with not Beckham.


How far does that extend though? If it's all centered on one player than this team isn't going anywhere anyway.
RE: I'm not sure why some people consider Engram a known quantity.  
Ten Ton Hammer : 9/10/2017 12:53 pm : link
In comment 13590168 Mr. Bungle said:
Quote:
He's played 0 NFL games. We don't know what he can or will do yet.


Plenty of people have seen what he can do. It's how he got to the NFL.
jay glazer seems to think  
nygiants16 : 9/10/2017 12:54 pm : link
beckham will try and play through it
RE: My sources from Expedia...  
widmerseyebrow : 9/10/2017 12:55 pm : link
In comment 13590071 KentGraham said:
Quote:
Can confirm he's been looking at vacation spots, but has not booked yet.

Holy shit, what a stupid fucking analogy. Just say he's not likely to play.


Haha my thoughts exactly
RE: RE: I'm not sure why some people consider Engram a known quantity.  
Mr. Bungle : 9/10/2017 12:56 pm : link
In comment 13590175 Ten Ton Hammer said:
Quote:
In comment 13590168 Mr. Bungle said:


Quote:


He's played 0 NFL games. We don't know what he can or will do yet.



Plenty of people have seen what he can do. It's how he got to the NFL.

Making it to the NFL doesn't guarantee production in the NFL.

I'm rooting like hell for the kid. But I just think people should be careful counting him as a big weapon until we see that he is a big weapon.
RE: Odell will not play  
GiantGolfer : 9/10/2017 12:56 pm : link
In comment 13590135 Bluesbreaker said:
Quote:
if he is concerned about a lingering injury if he is upgraded to probable then I have confidence that he will
play and be effective .


There is no "probable" designation anymore.
RE: RE: RE: I'm not sure why some people consider Engram a known quantity.  
Ten Ton Hammer : 9/10/2017 1:11 pm : link
In comment 13590182 Mr. Bungle said:
Quote:
In comment 13590175 Ten Ton Hammer said:


Quote:


In comment 13590168 Mr. Bungle said:


Quote:


He's played 0 NFL games. We don't know what he can or will do yet.



Plenty of people have seen what he can do. It's how he got to the NFL.


Making it to the NFL doesn't guarantee production in the NFL.

I'm rooting like hell for the kid. But I just think people should be careful counting him as a big weapon until we see that he is a big weapon.


Correct that there are no guarantees. However the reality is some skills travel. This isn't a QB prospect who never played a snap from under center, or a physical specimen drafted on 40 times who hasn't been playing the position very long. It's a very athletic receiving TE who is also a polished route-runner. The question shoudn't be if he can play. It's when the impact comes. If he were to fail as a player, it would be eye-opening.
Mark Bavaro would have just walked onto the field  
SB 42 and 46 and ? : 9/10/2017 1:15 pm : link
and dared the coach to order him off. (humor)
yeah right, somehow we always say dallas D is not good  
32_Razor : 9/10/2017 3:38 pm : link
and we end up with not alot of points scored.
Schefter likes swimming  
spike : 9/10/2017 3:41 pm : link
so OBJ is in!
If we cannot win without OBJ..  
EricJ : 9/10/2017 4:05 pm : link
then we dont really have much of an offense. Last year, I said that we were a one man show and without him we have the worst offense in the league. I thought maybe adding a couple of pieces would have improved the situation.
So if Odell plays this week  
dpinzow : 9/10/2017 4:18 pm : link
ESPN has to send Schefter to Cuba next Sunday
RE: So if Odell plays this week  
UConn4523 : 9/10/2017 4:24 pm : link
In comment 13590501 dpinzow said:
Quote:
ESPN has to send Schefter to Cuba next Sunday


Beckham should suit up just for that. Schefter is awful. Anyone see his Michigan pep talk this morning?
FAKE NEWS  
TheBigCat : 9/10/2017 4:31 pm : link
I have never known any reporter etc. with a source on the Giants. Well Maybe Glazier when Strahan was around. It has been my experience over the past 57 yrs the New York Football Giants don't do sources. He may or may not play but I doubt Schefter and or Cowturd got it from anyone in Blue Land.
RE: FAKE NEWS  
Sonic Youth : 9/10/2017 4:39 pm : link
In comment 13590513 TheBigCat said:
Quote:
I have never known any reporter etc. with a source on the Giants. Well Maybe Glazier when Strahan was around. It has been my experience over the past 57 yrs the New York Football Giants don't do sources. He may or may not play but I doubt Schefter and or Cowturd got it from anyone in Blue Land.
Holy shit, when will people stop using this term in situations like this?

This isn't fake news.
I'm predicting Ellison will have a TD  
CT Charlie : 9/10/2017 5:19 pm : link
from the green zone. The 'Boys will be covering everyone else, but Ellison will chip and be wide open for the EZ toss.
RE: yeah right, somehow we always say dallas D is not good  
Ten Ton Hammer : 9/10/2017 5:41 pm : link
In comment 13590423 32_Razor said:
Quote:
and we end up with not alot of points scored.


Says more about the Giants offense than anything complementary about dallas. Their while offensive scheme is designed around keeping their own defense off the field.
He's warming up and told Chris Carter he is wanting to play  
montanagiant : 9/10/2017 6:27 pm : link
RE: He's warming up and told Chris Carter he is wanting to play  
micky : 9/10/2017 6:33 pm : link
In comment 13590646 montanagiant said:
Quote:



he may be wanting to but giants are saying no go
When did they rule him out?  
montanagiant : 9/10/2017 6:38 pm : link
I have not seen that anywhere yet
What a prima dona  
armstead98 : 9/10/2017 7:01 pm : link
Feels like he needs to keep selling the act he began a few weeks ago in the tunnel.
OUT  
well...bye TC : 9/10/2017 7:04 pm : link
confirmed by NBC
In the years between drafting LT in 1981, and  
SB 42 and 46 and ? : 9/10/2017 7:44 pm : link
the offense finally becoming respectable in 1985 when Simms was able to stay on the field, we used to talk about the "prevent offense."

All the offense was expected to do was not lose yards and not turn the ball over.

Let the defense back on the field where they could hammer the other offense, take the ball away and score.
Just to nitpick  
Matt M. : 9/10/2017 7:50 pm : link
that was a really stupid analogy. I get it that they were indicating OBJ was not likely to play, but how the Hell would any of us know how likely it was that Schefter would or would not travel to Cuba next week. For all we know, he was planning a trip.
Because  
crick n NC : 9/10/2017 8:13 pm : link
Of Hurricane IRMA?
RE: What a prima dona  
jcn56 : 9/10/2017 8:16 pm : link
In comment 13590707 armstead98 said:
Quote:
Feels like he needs to keep selling the act he began a few weeks ago in the tunnel.


Bullshit - if OBJ really just gave a shit about himself, he'd be playing up the injury angle. This was 100% gamesmanship, keep them guessing as long as possible.
Back to the Corner