Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

Brees

nicks14 : 9/12/2017 1:58 am
Why is it that this guy will get a pass but when it comes down to it he's not that good anymore i don't see the media saying that the Saints need to move on from Brees. The thing that makes it worse is that he has a better O line then the shit sack Eli has but i'm sure even many on here will protect and make excuses for this overrated stat padder.
Eli looked like shit last night.  
chopperhatch : 9/12/2017 2:06 am : link
Get over it.
I WANT AN Explanation!  
B in ALB : 9/12/2017 2:37 am : link
.
What's  
Toth029 : 9/12/2017 3:17 am : link
Funny is people will blame the Saints defense for that loss when the offense was scoring 9 points when it mattered.

That happened a bit last year too. Don't let his inflated stats fool you.
He's a stat passer?  
KWALL2 : 9/12/2017 4:20 am : link
That's weak.

Why does he get a pass when an inferior player might not get the same pass? That's really your question.

He's better than Eli and has been for a decade. Maybe that's why he gets a pass.
His  
Toth029 : 9/12/2017 5:19 am : link
Home in the dome split stats also give a bit of clarity.

Not questioning he has been a great QB. But folks blaming last nights game and several last year including games at home with the playoffs on the line, he was flat out not good, yet no one looks at that.
RE: He's a stat passer?  
JCin332 : 9/12/2017 5:29 am : link
In comment 13595237 KWALL2 said:
Quote:
That's weak.

Why does he get a pass when an inferior player might not get the same pass? That's really your question.

He's better than Eli and has been for a decade. Maybe that's why he gets a pass.


No he's not but thanks for playing..
how many playoff games  
gmenatlarge : 9/12/2017 6:41 am : link
on the road has he won? can't remember any...
Brees is great  
RetroJint : 9/12/2017 8:02 am : link
Eli stunk Sun night. A far more salient question is how long is Sean "7-9" Payton going to milk that one Super Bowl win? That teat must be as long as the Alaska pipeline . Seriously , Brees made some ballsy throws, coming out of a tunnel. Remind you of anyone ? Didn't think so.
RE: how many playoff games  
Tuckrule : 9/12/2017 8:47 am : link
In comment 13595245 gmenatlarge said:
Quote:
on the road has he won? can't remember any...


Your right Eli is better....smh
I only saw parts of the first game last night  
jcn56 : 9/12/2017 8:48 am : link
flipping between that and the Yanks - but from what I saw, Brees had a good night. He constantly had pressure in his face too, but managed to get off some good throws.

Did the game take a turn for the worst for him that I missed?
If you don't think  
chuckydee9 : 9/12/2017 9:01 am : link
Brees is a legit first Ballot HoF then I don't think you know football.. Last night he went against a top 5 defense and his defense couldn't stop Sam Freaking Bradford.. While Giants Defense was bad for a couple of years in the middle there Brees has had historically bad defenses for most of his career.. I am assure you his playoff stats, at home or on road are as good as Brady..

Rank Player Rate Years Tm
1 Bart Starr+ 104.8 1956-1971 gnb
2 Kurt Warner+ 102.8 1998-2009 2TM
3 Matt Ryan 102.4 2008-2017 atl
4 Drew Brees 100.7 2001-2017 2TM
5 Aaron Rodgers 99.4 2005-2017 gnb
6 Joe Montana+ 95.6 1979-1994 2TM
13 Tom Brady 89.0 2000-2017 nwe
16 Eli Manning 87.4 2004-2017 nyg
Those stats above are playoffs only..  
chuckydee9 : 9/12/2017 9:34 am : link
..
well for starters he's thrown for 10,000 yds and 69td's  
Stu11 : 9/12/2017 9:37 am : link
the past 2 years. You can say he's a compiler if you want but thats a shit ton of compiling. The guy moonwalks into the HOF on the first ballot...
RE: well for starters he's thrown for 10,000 yds and 69td's  
nicks14 : 9/12/2017 9:44 am : link
In comment 13595460 Stu11 said:
Quote:
the past 2 years. You can say he's a compiler if you want but thats a shit ton of compiling. The guy moonwalks into the HOF on the first ballot...

............................................................
Ok and in 2014 and 2015 Eli went for 65 Td's and 8,846 but he had a losing record and that's all people cared about but Mr. Brees can put losing season year after after and people will still cream themselves over the guy.
Big Blue Insecurity  
jlukes : 9/12/2017 9:49 am : link
banging on all cylinders after a loss
hey I like Eli  
Csonka : 9/12/2017 10:06 am : link
but if you guys really think Eli's better than Brees ... ever ... than you're foolish and don't even realize how biased you are.
RE: RE: well for starters he's thrown for 10,000 yds and 69td's  
chuckydee9 : 9/12/2017 10:26 am : link
In comment 13595470 nicks14 said:
Quote:
In comment 13595460 Stu11 said:


Quote:


the past 2 years. You can say he's a compiler if you want but thats a shit ton of compiling. The guy moonwalks into the HOF on the first ballot...


............................................................
Ok and in 2014 and 2015 Eli went for 65 Td's and 8,846 but he had a losing record and that's all people cared about but Mr. Brees can put losing season year after after and people will still cream themselves over the guy.


To truly be a good QB you have to look at both total numbers and Efficiency... Most of Eli's career he wasn't efficient because of Gilbride's offensive game plan.. Fine high risk high reward offense got us 2 SB.. but once BM came over Eli has been in an offensive game plan that no longer excuses inefficiency.. Brees is putting up those number (BTW 1,400+ yards is a huge difference) at a much more efficient rate.. when you put both together you can see that Brees was pretty freaking awesome and the losing had to do with Historically bad defense.. His passer rating hasn't been below 97 and usually is at 101-104 range since 2012..
RE: RE: how many playoff games  
gmenatlarge : 9/12/2017 10:31 am : link
In comment 13595349 Tuckrule said:
Quote:
In comment 13595245 gmenatlarge said:


Quote:


on the road has he won? can't remember any...



Your right Eli is better....smh


Not saying Eli is better, I'm saying what do you want stats or someone who gets the job done at crunch time! Brees has had plenty of opportunities in the playoffs and not got it done whereas Eli would have at least one more win last year if the rest of his offense showed up. I'll take that anytime.
RE: RE: well for starters he's thrown for 10,000 yds and 69td's  
chuckydee9 : 9/12/2017 10:31 am : link
In comment 13595470 nicks14 said:
Quote:
In comment 13595460 Stu11 said:


Quote:


the past 2 years. You can say he's a compiler if you want but thats a shit ton of compiling. The guy moonwalks into the HOF on the first ballot...


............................................................
Ok and in 2014 and 2015 Eli went for 65 Td's and 8,846 but he had a losing record and that's all people cared about but Mr. Brees can put losing season year after after and people will still cream themselves over the guy.


Eli was definitely underrated in 2014 and 2015.. actually most of his career he has been underrated.. but Brees is no slouch.. there isn't a QB who means more to his team than Brees over the past 10+ years.. Even brady's team went 3-0 without him.. It wasn't until they were playing their thrid QB who had a broken hand had to start before Pats lost last year..
RE: RE: RE: how many playoff games  
chuckydee9 : 9/12/2017 10:35 am : link
In comment 13595584 gmenatlarge said:
Quote:
In comment 13595349 Tuckrule said:


Quote:


In comment 13595245 gmenatlarge said:


Quote:


on the road has he won? can't remember any...



Your right Eli is better....smh



Not saying Eli is better, I'm saying what do you want stats or someone who gets the job done at crunch time! Brees has had plenty of opportunities in the playoffs and not got it done whereas Eli would have at least one more win last year if the rest of his offense showed up. I'll take that anytime.


Again look at the table above and try telling me Brees hasn't done enough.. he has a higher passer rating in the playoffs than brady, Peyton, Montana and Rodgers and Eli.. he can't help it if his defense can't tackle Beast mode with 14 guys or SF scored 36 points with Alex smith..
RE: Big Blue Insecurity  
DonQuixote : 9/12/2017 11:45 am : link
In comment 13595475 jlukes said:
Quote:
banging on all cylinders after a loss


+
The dome point is bogus  
KWALL2 : 9/12/2017 12:18 pm : link
Brees is better than Eli playing outside too. And every single one of those games is a road game for Brees. He doesn't have a problem with cold weather or wind either.

In the dome, Eli's numbers aren't much better than his average.

We went down this road a couple of months ago.
Brees Vs Eli - ( New Window )
Brees is fine...  
EricJ : 9/12/2017 12:21 pm : link
remember how we looked against that defense last year? I think the problem was the coach flip flopping the running backs. Too many people in and out and nobody getting into a groove running the ball. Huge trickle down effect to the passing game. Losing Cooks has an impact too
RE: RE: RE: RE: how many playoff games  
gmenatlarge : 9/13/2017 8:07 am : link
In comment 13595601 chuckydee9 said:
Quote:
In comment 13595584 gmenatlarge said:


Quote:


In comment 13595349 Tuckrule said:


Quote:


In comment 13595245 gmenatlarge said:


Quote:


on the road has he won? can't remember any...



Your right Eli is better....smh



Not saying Eli is better, I'm saying what do you want stats or someone who gets the job done at crunch time! Brees has had plenty of opportunities in the playoffs and not got it done whereas Eli would have at least one more win last year if the rest of his offense showed up. I'll take that anytime.



Again look at the table above and try telling me Brees hasn't done enough.. he has a higher passer rating in the playoffs than brady, Peyton, Montana and Rodgers and Eli.. he can't help it if his defense can't tackle Beast mode with 14 guys or SF scored 36 points with Alex smith..

Again with the stats, win the fucking game, he has had the ball in his hands with a chance to win and not got it done. I'm not arguing who's better, it's who would you rather have...I'll take the wins!
Win the game?  
KWALL2 : 9/13/2017 10:19 am : link
Doesn't Bree's also have a better winning % than Eli?
Back to the Corner