Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

NFT: FF Talk: 9.13

kash94 : 9/13/2017 9:46 am
Hi all,

How did everyone do week 1?

Quick question to get things started: who would you start in a 0.5 PPR league this week?

1- Martavis Bryant vs Min
2- Ted Ginn vs NE
3- Danny Amendola vs NO

Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
RE: RE: RE: RE: .  
Keith : 9/13/2017 12:33 pm : link
In comment 13597268 santacruzom said:
Quote:
In comment 13597220 arcarsenal said:


Quote:



That said - blowing 80 bucks on him is insane.





He spent 80 on Cohen and 20 on Kenny Golladay, so his waiver budget has been depleted.

On the other hand, his team scored the most points this week and his roster was already pretty formidable. Mine is too, but would have been made more so if I splurged like he did.


This is the NFL, I can almost guarantee that his roster at the end of the season will be different. People are getting nuts with Cohen, IMO. He went for 26 in my league(I put in 9) with a 100 pt budget. I guess that's not insane, but unless Howard goes down, I don't see this as such a no brainer. TIme will tell, but people often overreact to 1 week in a league where things change so much week to week(see giants and bbi).
Should I drop  
Mr. Nickels : 9/13/2017 12:34 pm : link
Charles for Buck Allen??

I also have Perkins and Peterson and Derrick Henry doin nothing but they were higher picks..
I have always felt like saving your pts is a better strategy  
Keith : 9/13/2017 12:36 pm : link
because come the end of the season(whether trying to make the playoffs or go far in the playoffs) there WILL be RB's available that are game changers. These guys get hurt all the time and its such an advantage to get those guys later in the season rather than early on.
RE: Should I drop  
arcarsenal : 9/13/2017 12:41 pm : link
In comment 13597279 Mr. Nickels said:
Quote:
Charles for Buck Allen??

I also have Perkins and Peterson and Derrick Henry doin nothing but they were higher picks..


I would. Charles is clearly second fiddle to CJ and I think all of his injuries have taken a toll on him - he doesn't have the same game-breaking explosion he used to.

Allen will be a guy you can flex for the next month or two - I wouldn't want to start Charles.
RE: Should I drop  
allstarjim : 9/13/2017 12:41 pm : link
In comment 13597279 Mr. Nickels said:
Quote:
Charles for Buck Allen??

I also have Perkins and Peterson and Derrick Henry doin nothing but they were higher picks..


This is a good fantasy question. My answer would be no. Here's why: If you watched any of the Broncos game it looked like Charles was the best Denver RB. Sure, Anderson is entrenched as the starter for now. But I like to bet on talent. Charles still has it, and think he's a more worthy stash than Allen. For the same reason, you should hang on to Derrick Henry. There's only so many players you can keep that you must be patient with, however, and I do think you should try to add Allen, but do so at the expense of Peterson. Yes, Peterson has immense talent also, but it appears he has no defined role on the Saints. That's a mess of a RB situation in New Orleans and the sooner you simply wash your hands of it, the happier you will be, I think.

I think Charles is going to play a bigger role on the Broncos later in the season, and you'll be happy you hung on to him. It's a risk, but that's a risk I personally would be willing to take as long as I had the roster ability to do it.
RE: I have always felt like saving your pts is a better strategy  
Sly Guy : 9/13/2017 12:43 pm : link
In comment 13597284 Keith said:
Quote:
because come the end of the season(whether trying to make the playoffs or go far in the playoffs) there WILL be RB's available that are game changers. These guys get hurt all the time and its such an advantage to get those guys later in the season rather than early on.


There's no right or wrong answer in how you spend your FAAB budget. To me, the most important thing is to GET IN to the playoffs. After that, you have to do your due diligence and hope you get lucky picking someone before they blow up.

It's my first year playing FAAB and I have 40% of my FAAB left after the first week. My job now is to push for as many trades as I can for the players I just picked up.
RE: RE: Should I drop  
Sly Guy : 9/13/2017 12:48 pm : link
In comment 13597287 allstarjim said:
Quote:
In comment 13597279 Mr. Nickels said:


Quote:


Charles for Buck Allen??

I also have Perkins and Peterson and Derrick Henry doin nothing but they were higher picks..



This is a good fantasy question. My answer would be no. Here's why: If you watched any of the Broncos game it looked like Charles was the best Denver RB. Sure, Anderson is entrenched as the starter for now. But I like to bet on talent. Charles still has it, and think he's a more worthy stash than Allen. For the same reason, you should hang on to Derrick Henry. There's only so many players you can keep that you must be patient with, however, and I do think you should try to add Allen, but do so at the expense of Peterson. Yes, Peterson has immense talent also, but it appears he has no defined role on the Saints. That's a mess of a RB situation in New Orleans and the sooner you simply wash your hands of it, the happier you will be, I think.

I think Charles is going to play a bigger role on the Broncos later in the season, and you'll be happy you hung on to him. It's a risk, but that's a risk I personally would be willing to take as long as I had the roster ability to do it.


Excellent said. I dropped Charles today because I didn't think he could last the whole season and even if he did, the Broncos would spell him to keep him fresh for the playoffs.

In this case, I'd drop AP too. It's all about opportunities and in this case, I think NO is going to give that rookie RB every opportunity to succeed. Add in Ingram and that backfield is a disaster for fantasy players.
RE: RE: I have always felt like saving your pts is a better strategy  
Keith : 9/13/2017 12:50 pm : link
In comment 13597289 Sly Guy said:
Quote:
In comment 13597284 Keith said:


Quote:


because come the end of the season(whether trying to make the playoffs or go far in the playoffs) there WILL be RB's available that are game changers. These guys get hurt all the time and its such an advantage to get those guys later in the season rather than early on.



There's no right or wrong answer in how you spend your FAAB budget. To me, the most important thing is to GET IN to the playoffs. After that, you have to do your due diligence and hope you get lucky picking someone before they blow up.

It's my first year playing FAAB and I have 40% of my FAAB left after the first week. My job now is to push for as many trades as I can for the players I just picked up.


I disagree, I believe there is a right and wrong answer. I've been playing FAAB for 10 years now and from my experiences, the guys that blow it all early, regret it. Obviously there are some situations where it's worth it, I don't think this is one. If HOward went down with a serious injury, I think this would be one of those situations where I'd feel comfortable blowing 25% of my pts in week 1.
Obviously it's subjective  
bigbluehoya : 9/13/2017 1:02 pm : link
And everyone's experiences are different.

This is my 6th year of FAAB, and my experience is far different from Keith's.

The people who have regretted FAAB in my league are people who have churned their roster blowing $7-10 each week to improve their last bench spots.

Their have been huge wins by people making conviction bids ($30-60), especially early in the season.

My opinion is that Cohen is worth a conviction bid (week 1 touches + situation + talent upside). He's the only player I feel that way about after Week 1. I won him for $54. Next bid was $46.

Kerwynn Williams went for $40. I view that as a huge overpay.

Buck Allen went for $20. I had a bid at $25 that was voided by my Cohen win.

Interesting note is that I am actually the Woodhead owner. I still value Cohen more than 2x as high.
RE: I got cute and lost Week 1  
Sly Guy : 9/13/2017 1:02 pm : link
In comment 13597257 Sly Guy said:
Quote:
by starting the Giants def and Younghoe Koo. Did it for the memes and homerism. Lost by 6 points.

Now that I'm 0-1 and blew 60% of my FAAB on Cohen, the Raiders kicker and Jason Witten, I think my team is pretty solid for the rest of the year.

12-Team .5 PPR league:

QB: Luck, Stafford
RB: Murray, Miller, Rawls, Cohen, Connor
WR: Nelson, Michael Thomas, Parker, Corey Coleman
TE: Graham, Witten
K: Giorgio Tavecchio
Def: Rams

I should be fine for the rest of the year no?



So BBI wasn't too impressed with me spending 60% of my FAAB but I just got an interesting trade offer.

I give up Devante Parker for DJ and Emmanuel Sanders.

That's an easy YES right?
RE: RE: RE: I have always felt like saving your pts is a better strategy  
YAJ2112 : 9/13/2017 1:03 pm : link
In comment 13597305 Keith said:
Quote:
In comment 13597289 Sly Guy said:


Quote:


In comment 13597284 Keith said:


Quote:


because come the end of the season(whether trying to make the playoffs or go far in the playoffs) there WILL be RB's available that are game changers. These guys get hurt all the time and its such an advantage to get those guys later in the season rather than early on.



There's no right or wrong answer in how you spend your FAAB budget. To me, the most important thing is to GET IN to the playoffs. After that, you have to do your due diligence and hope you get lucky picking someone before they blow up.

It's my first year playing FAAB and I have 40% of my FAAB left after the first week. My job now is to push for as many trades as I can for the players I just picked up.



I disagree, I believe there is a right and wrong answer. I've been playing FAAB for 10 years now and from my experiences, the guys that blow it all early, regret it. Obviously there are some situations where it's worth it, I don't think this is one. If HOward went down with a serious injury, I think this would be one of those situations where I'd feel comfortable blowing 25% of my pts in week 1.


I've been playing with FAAB for a while as well, and in multiple leagues per year. I've blown it all early and saved it all for the end. To me, it doesn't necessarily matter when you spend it but rather who you spend it on.
RE: Obviously it's subjective  
bigbluehoya : 9/13/2017 1:04 pm : link
In comment 13597328 bigbluehoya said:
Quote:
And everyone's experiences are different.

This is my 6th year of FAAB, and my experience is far different from Keith's.

The people who have regretted FAAB in my league are people who have churned their roster blowing $7-10 each week to improve their last bench spots.

Their have been huge wins by people making conviction bids ($30-60), especially early in the season.

My opinion is that Cohen is worth a conviction bid (week 1 touches + situation + talent upside). He's the only player I feel that way about after Week 1. I won him for $54. Next bid was $46.

Kerwynn Williams went for $40. I view that as a huge overpay.

Buck Allen went for $20. I had a bid at $25 that was voided by my Cohen win.

Interesting note is that I am actually the Woodhead owner. I still value Cohen more than 2x as high.


*THERE* have been...

Motherfuck.
RE: Obviously it's subjective  
YAJ2112 : 9/13/2017 1:04 pm : link
In comment 13597328 bigbluehoya said:
Quote:
And everyone's experiences are different.

The people who have regretted FAAB in my league are people who have churned their roster blowing $7-10 each week to improve their last bench spots.


This +1000. Wasting FAAB on guys who have no upside is the mistake.
RE: Obviously it's subjective  
arcarsenal : 9/13/2017 1:07 pm : link
In comment 13597328 bigbluehoya said:
Quote:
And everyone's experiences are different.

This is my 6th year of FAAB, and my experience is far different from Keith's.

The people who have regretted FAAB in my league are people who have churned their roster blowing $7-10 each week to improve their last bench spots.

Their have been huge wins by people making conviction bids ($30-60), especially early in the season.

My opinion is that Cohen is worth a conviction bid (week 1 touches + situation + talent upside). He's the only player I feel that way about after Week 1. I won him for $54. Next bid was $46.

Kerwynn Williams went for $40. I view that as a huge overpay.

Buck Allen went for $20. I had a bid at $25 that was voided by my Cohen win.

Interesting note is that I am actually the Woodhead owner. I still value Cohen more than 2x as high.


I'm in the middle of you guys -

I think the time to spend big is right now because this is when you'll get the best return. Owning a player like Cohen all season is worth a hefty pricetag.

However, spending $80 on him is crazy to me. I think there's a certain point where you have to set your price and if you get beat out, so be it.

The waiver is usually most juicy now because of guys who flew under the radar in pre but are clear parts of offenses going forward - so this is a good time to spend money and lock some of them up. But there are ALWAYS RB's who become available later on that can help you win a title and if you have no budget to get them, it makes it tough.

Also, remember Tyreek Hill was a guy who burst onto the scene late last year as well. So, it's WR's as well.

I would have spent like $30 on Cohen but missing out on him for $51 is something I'm fine with - I'll use that money elsewhere.
I can understand spending it on WR's  
Keith : 9/13/2017 1:13 pm : link
because you can see early on who is going to be a big part of the offense and those guys usually stay valuable all year. RB's is a different story. THings change often and guys get banged up and there are ALWAYS RB's available week to week who put up big pts. Save your pts!
Charles looked decent  
Mr. Nickels : 9/13/2017 1:19 pm : link
in Denver. Idk what to do about Perkins and Peterson..
You have to give it more time on Perkins and AP, IMO.  
Keith : 9/13/2017 1:21 pm : link
I have both as well in various leagues and I still like AP. I think he's still got something left. I am more concerned with Perkins. That being said, you don't get definitive answers from week 1. Give it time to shake out for now.
RE: I got cute and lost Week 1  
allstarjim : 9/13/2017 1:22 pm : link
In comment 13597257 Sly Guy said:
Quote:
by starting the Giants def and Younghoe Koo. Did it for the memes and homerism. Lost by 6 points.

Now that I'm 0-1 and blew 60% of my FAAB on Cohen, the Raiders kicker and Jason Witten, I think my team is pretty solid for the rest of the year.

12-Team .5 PPR league:

QB: Luck, Stafford
RB: Murray, Miller, Rawls, Cohen, Connor
WR: Nelson, Michael Thomas, Parker, Corey Coleman
TE: Graham, Witten
K: Giorgio Tavecchio
Def: Rams

I should be fine for the rest of the year no?


On a positive note, you can put Cohen in your lineup right away to start with Murray. I don't like any of your other RBs, including Miller. Rawls has never stayed healthy. When he burst on the scene in 2015 there were only 6 games where he got significant work and he did well with them, then got hurt early in week 14, letting everyone who owned him down for the fantasy playoffs (including yours truly).

But that's ok, because 2016 was going to be his breakout year, right? No. He was a mega-bust, having just one useful game all year (week 13), and again missing half the season to injury.

But this year is a different story, right? NO! He can't even go into week 1 healthy. This guy is screaming out to everyone he is not a viable solution for your fantasy team. There's no hope, no pot o' gold at the end of the rainbow if you are patient with him. In fact, I'd rather own Lacy, Carson, OR Prosise than Rawls. I am D-O-N-E done with Rawls, forever. And eventually you will be, too.

Connor is fine, but really there are plenty of guys I'd rather have off the waiver wire. I'd only consider rostering Connor if I own Bell. You don't, and I'm wondering why you are in on him when you could likely hold guys behind shakier starters than Bell. Alvin Kamara, for example. The aforementioned Chris Carson. Here's one for you: Marlon Mack. If he's available, you should own him. Frank Gore is old as dirt and Mack is already stealing half his work from him right now. That's going to increase as the season goes along.

The good news is your receiver group is strong. But no, your RB situation isn't fine for the rest of the year, but at least you helped yourself immensely by getting Cohen. First game Miller has with at least 15 fantasy points, you should try to trade him. And if I were you I'd try to trade Rawls or Connor (even both) for Derrick Henry right now.
We have a cap on RBs  
Mr. Nickels : 9/13/2017 1:22 pm : link
otherwise I'd just add Allen.
RE: You have to give it more time on Perkins and AP, IMO.  
Mr. Nickels : 9/13/2017 1:24 pm : link
In comment 13597370 Keith said:
Quote:
I have both as well in various leagues and I still like AP. I think he's still got something left. I am more concerned with Perkins. That being said, you don't get definitive answers from week 1. Give it time to shake out for now.


Peterson's first carry went 10 yards. He also should be goal line back. I think Payton knew the whole world expected him to get carries down there vs his old team that's why they used Kamara.

Peterson looked like he still had it to me. Using 3 RBs constantly was dumb. I hope Ingram gets dealt.

So don't drop any of my RBs for Buck Allen?? I was going to drop Charles. Once Denver gets Booker back then what?
RE: You have to give it more time on Perkins and AP, IMO.  
Mr. Nickels : 9/13/2017 1:26 pm : link
In comment 13597370 Keith said:
Quote:
I have both as well in various leagues and I still like AP. I think he's still got something left. I am more concerned with Perkins. That being said, you don't get definitive answers from week 1. Give it time to shake out for now.


I am more concerned with Perkins too but Vereen doesn't scare me.. garbage time dump offs.

Disaster would be if Darkwa got goal line. We won't known until we freakin get there ...
.  
arcarsenal : 9/13/2017 1:29 pm : link
Here's one...

Charles Clay or Evan Engram?

Too homerish to start Engram? Clay led the Bills in targets against NYJ and looks like Taylor's safety valve again this year. He seems safer but Engram has so much more upside. The Giants offense is obviously a complete mess, though.
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: .  
santacruzom : 9/13/2017 1:29 pm : link
In comment 13597274 arcarsenal said:
Quote:
In comment 13597268 santacruzom said:


Quote:


In comment 13597220 arcarsenal said:


Quote:



That said - blowing 80 bucks on him is insane.





He spent 80 on Cohen and 20 on Kenny Golladay, so his waiver budget has been depleted.

On the other hand, his team scored the most points this week and his roster was already pretty formidable. Mine is too, but would have been made more so if I splurged like he did.



I spent $15 on Golladay in 2 leagues - which I felt was a fair price for a guy who should continue to get looks and may be the most talented WR the Lions have.

Blowing an entire budget in week one is bad though.

My philosophy is generally this:

This is the time to spend because you're paying for almost an entire season of the players you by and will get your money's worth on the right players - that said, the teams that keep money in their back pocket to use down the stretch is crucial.

Guys like CJ Anderson in 2014 or Thomas Rawls in 2015 are guys who can help you win a league and if you have no budget to make key pickups like that late in the year, you're at a major disadvantage.


Yeah, a splurge can be a gamble, but there's always a few players a season that prove to be as good as they look. I remember being scoffed at for splurging for Cruz in 11 and he pretty much carried me to the Championship.

You never know what will happen, but Cohen looks every bit as legit and involved as KWALL said he'd be. In my PPR league that *also* gives individuals points for PR/KR returns (which I can certainly imagine him having at some point), he's a valuable guy.
RE: RE: You have to give it more time on Perkins and AP, IMO.  
allstarjim : 9/13/2017 1:30 pm : link
In comment 13597379 Mr. Nickels said:
Quote:
In comment 13597370 Keith said:


Quote:


I have both as well in various leagues and I still like AP. I think he's still got something left. I am more concerned with Perkins. That being said, you don't get definitive answers from week 1. Give it time to shake out for now.



Peterson's first carry went 10 yards. He also should be goal line back. I think Payton knew the whole world expected him to get carries down there vs his old team that's why they used Kamara.

Peterson looked like he still had it to me. Using 3 RBs constantly was dumb. I hope Ingram gets dealt.

So don't drop any of my RBs for Buck Allen?? I was going to drop Charles. Once Denver gets Booker back then what?


I don't think the Broncos have any confidence in Booker whatsoever, and I think that's part of the reason they went after Charles.

If you hang on to AP, you are subjecting yourself to Payton's RB shuffle all year with Ingram, Kamara, and Peterson. If Ingram gets hurt, sure, Peterson will be useful. But other than that, it's going to be a nightmare for fantasy owners to predict week to week who is going to be getting the touches in that offense.
RE: .  
santacruzom : 9/13/2017 1:31 pm : link
In comment 13597389 arcarsenal said:
Quote:
Here's one...

Charles Clay or Evan Engram?

Too homerish to start Engram? Clay led the Bills in targets against NYJ and looks like Taylor's safety valve again this year. He seems safer but Engram has so much more upside. The Giants offense is obviously a complete mess, though.


I'm having that same dilemma. I'm carrying Eifert as well and I'm hoping his sub-1-point week 1 is a massive aberration, but if not I'd like to ensure my second TE is the most prudent choice.
Peyton has too big of an ego  
YAJ2112 : 9/13/2017 1:33 pm : link
to change his philosophy to fit AP into his offense. He's going to use multiple backs, and Kamara is probably going to end up being the guy to own.
What was AP  
Mr. Nickels : 9/13/2017 1:34 pm : link
thinking? I think he assumed he is the top dog so he'd get all the touches with some breathers.
He  
Mr. Nickels : 9/13/2017 1:34 pm : link
should have signed with Oakland or Green Bay.
.  
arcarsenal : 9/13/2017 1:35 pm : link
I don't like AP or Perkins at all this year. I don't think either guy will provide enough value to start on a weekly basis. Peterson is in the wrong offense and Perkins is still part of a bit of a rotation on a team that literally cannot run the football to save their lives.

I had zero interest in drafting either player.

If you did, you've got to wait it out and hope for the best - but I wouldn't expect much.
RE: .  
Mr. Nickels : 9/13/2017 1:39 pm : link
In comment 13597402 arcarsenal said:
Quote:
I don't like AP or Perkins at all this year. I don't think either guy will provide enough value to start on a weekly basis. Peterson is in the wrong offense and Perkins is still part of a bit of a rotation on a team that literally cannot run the football to save their lives.

I had zero interest in drafting either player.

If you did, you've got to wait it out and hope for the best - but I wouldn't expect much.



Should I trade Perkins for Brandon Marshall
If you're insistent on keeping AP though  
allstarjim : 9/13/2017 1:40 pm : link
I would be fine with dumping Perkins for Allen. I could see Darkwa as the goal line back, and Vereen is established as the third down back it seems, and so what you have is a limited ceiling RB on a bad offense that can't sustain drives. He's a starter, though (for now, I think it's possible Darkwa takes his job shortly). In a 12-team league, starters on any team are worth something. however, Allen got 21 carries, and even though he didn't do a lot with them (71 yards), he has also shown to be a backfield receiving threat, and I would want a guy with that kind of usage, especially in a half-point PPR league. And I'd want him over Perkins. He got the 5th-most number of carries in the NFL this week. That's something. For comparison, Perkins the starter got 7 carries. It's one week, sure, but it's not irrelevant.
RE: If you're insistent on keeping AP though  
Mr. Nickels : 9/13/2017 1:42 pm : link
In comment 13597408 allstarjim said:
Quote:
I would be fine with dumping Perkins for Allen. I could see Darkwa as the goal line back, and Vereen is established as the third down back it seems, and so what you have is a limited ceiling RB on a bad offense that can't sustain drives. He's a starter, though (for now, I think it's possible Darkwa takes his job shortly). In a 12-team league, starters on any team are worth something. however, Allen got 21 carries, and even though he didn't do a lot with them (71 yards), he has also shown to be a backfield receiving threat, and I would want a guy with that kind of usage, especially in a half-point PPR league. And I'd want him over Perkins. He got the 5th-most number of carries in the NFL this week. That's something. For comparison, Perkins the starter got 7 carries. It's one week, sure, but it's not irrelevant.



So you like Charles over Perkins and Perkins over AP?
RE: If you're insistent on keeping AP though  
YAJ2112 : 9/13/2017 1:42 pm : link
In comment 13597408 allstarjim said:
Quote:
I would be fine with dumping Perkins for Allen. I could see Darkwa as the goal line back, and Vereen is established as the third down back it seems, and so what you have is a limited ceiling RB on a bad offense that can't sustain drives. He's a starter, though (for now, I think it's possible Darkwa takes his job shortly). In a 12-team league, starters on any team are worth something. however, Allen got 21 carries, and even though he didn't do a lot with them (71 yards), he has also shown to be a backfield receiving threat, and I would want a guy with that kind of usage, especially in a half-point PPR league. And I'd want him over Perkins. He got the 5th-most number of carries in the NFL this week. That's something. For comparison, Perkins the starter got 7 carries. It's one week, sure, but it's not irrelevant.


A lot of that Allen work came in mop up time, I wouldn't count on him for more than 12-15 touches max. He will get the bulk of the catches between he and West though, so he's got PPR value for sure.
RE: RE: .  
allstarjim : 9/13/2017 1:43 pm : link
In comment 13597407 Mr. Nickels said:
Quote:
In comment 13597402 arcarsenal said:


Quote:


I don't like AP or Perkins at all this year. I don't think either guy will provide enough value to start on a weekly basis. Peterson is in the wrong offense and Perkins is still part of a bit of a rotation on a team that literally cannot run the football to save their lives.

I had zero interest in drafting either player.

If you did, you've got to wait it out and hope for the best - but I wouldn't expect much.




Should I trade Perkins for Brandon Marshall


If you could do that deal I would. Marshall I think will benefit when OBJ comes back, and I think there will be emphasis on getting him the ball even if OBJ continues to miss time. I'm a Perkins owner as well in a couple of leagues, and it was a late-round gamble that I realize is not going to pay-off. Get whatever you can from him, dump him, any course of action that sees Perkins off your team is a good one.
RE: RE: .  
arcarsenal : 9/13/2017 1:43 pm : link
In comment 13597407 Mr. Nickels said:
Quote:
In comment 13597402 arcarsenal said:


Quote:


I don't like AP or Perkins at all this year. I don't think either guy will provide enough value to start on a weekly basis. Peterson is in the wrong offense and Perkins is still part of a bit of a rotation on a team that literally cannot run the football to save their lives.

I had zero interest in drafting either player.

If you did, you've got to wait it out and hope for the best - but I wouldn't expect much.




Should I trade Perkins for Brandon Marshall


If you had that option, I would.

The Giants offense looks putrid right now but I don't think it can stay THIS bad all year - Marshall will get more involved.
I am trying  
Mr. Nickels : 9/13/2017 1:45 pm : link
but i dont think it will work.

Perkins bye week same as Todd Gurley does not help me at all either. At least AP and Charles are available.
Just traded Cooper Kupp for Joe Mixon  
jlukes : 9/13/2017 1:47 pm : link
already had OBJ, Diggs, Cobb and Sanders at WR, so I think I made the right move getting some more RB depth.
RE: RE: If you're insistent on keeping AP though  
allstarjim : 9/13/2017 1:47 pm : link
In comment 13597413 Mr. Nickels said:
Quote:
In comment 13597408 allstarjim said:


Quote:


I would be fine with dumping Perkins for Allen. I could see Darkwa as the goal line back, and Vereen is established as the third down back it seems, and so what you have is a limited ceiling RB on a bad offense that can't sustain drives. He's a starter, though (for now, I think it's possible Darkwa takes his job shortly). In a 12-team league, starters on any team are worth something. however, Allen got 21 carries, and even though he didn't do a lot with them (71 yards), he has also shown to be a backfield receiving threat, and I would want a guy with that kind of usage, especially in a half-point PPR league. And I'd want him over Perkins. He got the 5th-most number of carries in the NFL this week. That's something. For comparison, Perkins the starter got 7 carries. It's one week, sure, but it's not irrelevant.




So you like Charles over Perkins and Perkins over AP?


I think you could dump both Perkins and AP, it's six of one and half-dozen of the other. I like Charles as a stash. The only reason I said dump AP first is because I don't think he has a role on that team, and don't think he will have a role on that team, except as a backup to Ingram. And even then I fully expect Payton to become more and more infatuated with using Kamara.

Perkins at least is the starting RB for the Giants (again, right now, I think they should switch to Darkwa immediately). But again, Perkins offers so little upside that I would almost rather have the open roster spot. But I am intrigued by the play of Charles, he looked good to me, and he's somebody I would want to hang on to in 12-team or deeper leagues.
RE: Just traded Cooper Kupp for Joe Mixon  
allstarjim : 9/13/2017 1:50 pm : link
In comment 13597428 jlukes said:
Quote:
already had OBJ, Diggs, Cobb and Sanders at WR, so I think I made the right move getting some more RB depth.


Excellent trade. I've said it before, I believe one day Mixon will win the NFL rushing title. It's only a matter of time until Cincinatti goes to him 20 times or more a game, and that time I believe will come this season. I like Kupp, but he's not a guy that's going to win you your league. Mixon could.
Just got Agholor and Ellington on the waiver wire  
AJ23 : 9/13/2017 1:53 pm : link
used $20 for each in a league with $100 to spend. I think I overspent on Ellington, but I really do think he's got a really high upside and is going to be the most valuable back in Arizona while DJ is out. I'm in a .5 PPR league and he's the clear pass-catching back there. He also outsnapped Williams 20 to 9 last week.

Anyway, of these 6 players - which 2 would you start in week 2 at RB and FLEX -

RBs
James White @ NO
Andre Ellington @ IND
LeGarrette Blount @ KC

WR
Ted Ginn v. NE
Nelson Agholor @ KC
Taylor Gabriel vs. GB
RE: Just got Agholor and Ellington on the waiver wire  
allstarjim : 9/13/2017 2:10 pm : link
In comment 13597435 AJ23 said:
Quote:
used $20 for each in a league with $100 to spend. I think I overspent on Ellington, but I really do think he's got a really high upside and is going to be the most valuable back in Arizona while DJ is out. I'm in a .5 PPR league and he's the clear pass-catching back there. He also outsnapped Williams 20 to 9 last week.

Anyway, of these 6 players - which 2 would you start in week 2 at RB and FLEX -

RBs
James White @ NO
Andre Ellington @ IND
LeGarrette Blount @ KC

WR
Ted Ginn v. NE
Nelson Agholor @ KC
Taylor Gabriel vs. GB


Congrats on getting Agholor. I thought about Ellington as well but I'm struggling with the upside a bit. Anyhow, James White is a no-brainer, that matchup really plays into his strengths. I'm a little concerned about the Philly matchup on the road against the Chiefs, but I would go with Blount. I just see the Indy game being a lot of Kerwynn Williams more than Ellington. And even though I'm a little skeptical of fit with Blount in that Eagles' offense, he's still the hammer of an offense that is moving the ball, and he's one of the best at punching it in close to the goal line.

And I'm total anti-Ginn. We need a law to remove Ginn from our streets, er, fantasy teams. So, Agholor and Gabriel (in what promises to be a shoot-out in Mercedes-Benz Stadium) for me.
.  
arcarsenal : 9/13/2017 2:18 pm : link
Would anyone start Cohen over McCaffrey or should I wait on that?

Right now I'm starting Gurley and Hunt and flexing McCaffrey - but I do have Cohen and Coleman as well.
John Ross worth holding as a lottery ticket?  
Maximus, Esq. : 9/13/2017 2:22 pm : link
Or drop him for Golladay? 1 pt PPR. Incredibly Golladay still available in a deep 12-team league I'm in. Sitting there....waiting to be taken.
RE: .  
Sly Guy : 9/13/2017 2:23 pm : link
In comment 13597466 arcarsenal said:
Quote:
Would anyone start Cohen over McCaffrey or should I wait on that?

Right now I'm starting Gurley and Hunt and flexing McCaffrey - but I do have Cohen and Coleman as well.


I'd stash Cohen for another week and see how he does. We saw his ceiling so if anything, I'd try to see if you can trade him.
RE: John Ross worth holding as a lottery ticket?  
arcarsenal : 9/13/2017 2:26 pm : link
In comment 13597476 Maximus, Esq. said:
Quote:
Or drop him for Golladay? 1 pt PPR. Incredibly Golladay still available in a deep 12-team league I'm in. Sitting there....waiting to be taken.


I'd pounce on Golladay. I think he'll see more targets than Ross and Ross is a little behind the ball now because he's been banged up.
wondering if i should flex Mixon for tomorrow  
beatrixkiddo : 9/13/2017 2:26 pm : link
or keep Riddick as my Flex. Full PPR, leaning Riddick.
Thanks  
Maximus, Esq. : 9/13/2017 2:26 pm : link
I'll put in a claim tonight. We don't convert to FA until Sat mornings. Waivers until then in this league.
RE: wondering if i should flex Mixon for tomorrow  
arcarsenal : 9/13/2017 2:28 pm : link
In comment 13597488 beatrixkiddo said:
Quote:
or keep Riddick as my Flex. Full PPR, leaning Riddick.


Riddick for now until CIN stops wasting their time on this 3 way carousel and makes Mixon the guy.
thanks arc  
beatrixkiddo : 9/13/2017 2:36 pm : link
yeah, Riddick is a solid play, figure he will get a ton of passes against us on monday. Mixon isn't getting enough usage for me to pull the trigger yet.

RE: thanks arc  
Sly Guy : 9/13/2017 3:57 pm : link
In comment 13597521 beatrixkiddo said:
Quote:
yeah, Riddick is a solid play, figure he will get a ton of passes against us on monday. Mixon isn't getting enough usage for me to pull the trigger yet.


Agree with Arc. Experts weigh rookies too high. Mixon was rated too high especially when Cinci still has not one...but TWO guys ahead of him. Riddick is definitely the guy to go, especially when he's going against our LBs.
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner