Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

NFT: FF Talk: 9.13

kash94 : 9/13/2017 9:46 am
Hi all,

How did everyone do week 1?

Quick question to get things started: who would you start in a 0.5 PPR league this week?

1- Martavis Bryant vs Min
2- Ted Ginn vs NE
3- Danny Amendola vs NO

Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 | Show All |  Next>>
I lost in all three leagues but was able to get Tarik Cohen  
Heisenberg : 9/13/2017 9:52 am : link
on the waiver wire in all three, too. He could be pretty good in my PPR leagues.
Isn't Amendola out for a few weeks?  
YAJ2112 : 9/13/2017 9:59 am : link
I'd go with Bryant over Ginn.
Bryant  
Mr Brightside : 9/13/2017 10:00 am : link
Big Ben is so good at home.
RE: Isn't Amendola out for a few weeks?  
YAJ2112 : 9/13/2017 10:01 am : link
In comment 13597005 YAJ2112 said:
Quote:
I'd go with Bryant over Ginn.


hmmm, guess Amendola may be cleared from the concussion protocol in time for Sunday. I'd still go Bryant over him as well, it's a question for you of him having the higher floor vs Bryant's ceiling.
Whom would you rather have in Non-PPR  
Mr Brightside : 9/13/2017 10:01 am : link
Rawls or James White?
RE: Whom would you rather have in Non-PPR  
Keith : 9/13/2017 10:13 am : link
In comment 13597012 Mr Brightside said:
Quote:
Rawls or James White?


100% Rawls. The Seattle running game was bad this past week and Rawls was out. He will have a shot to win the job permanantly.
Managed  
Metnut : 9/13/2017 10:17 am : link
to sneak a win in week 1 thanks to Diggs going nuts on Monday night. I'll take it with Beckham out and Snead being suspended.

Putting in huge bids tonight on Buck Allen and Alex Smith. We get $215 per season to spend and I'll have less than $100 left if my bids are accepted.
..  
nygiants16 : 9/13/2017 10:26 am : link
won in one league without beckham and murray having a so so game..

lost in another without mike evans but still scored 130

lost in my other with freeman and murray having so so games...

2 leagues i remain confident the other i got some work to do
I also wouldn't touch a Patriots back right now.  
Keith : 9/13/2017 10:27 am : link
They have 4 guys and rotated each evenly. You will never know which of the 4 will have success in any given day. They all looked good too.
Lost in two leagues where I drafted Evans and Gronk.  
wgenesis123 : 9/13/2017 10:36 am : link
Won in two other leagues but I lost David Anderson from my best team. Started a new league yesterday for fun with friends at my swim club who I normally lose contact with in winter. Rough weekend but looking forward to this week.
I might pick up Gillisbee in one league. If he keeps getting  
wgenesis123 : 9/13/2017 10:40 am : link
goal line touches I will be happy to have him on my bench.
RE: Managed  
bigbluehoya : 9/13/2017 10:40 am : link
In comment 13597035 Metnut said:
Quote:
to sneak a win in week 1 thanks to Diggs going nuts on Monday night. I'll take it with Beckham out and Snead being suspended.

Putting in huge bids tonight on Buck Allen and Alex Smith. We get $215 per season to spend and I'll have less than $100 left if my bids are accepted.


Is it a 2 QB league? If not, I'd advise against a huge bid on Smith.
Won 1 Lost 1  
superspynyg : 9/13/2017 10:40 am : link
The one 1 won I scored most points without Ajayi in the lineup. The one I lost I was missing OBJ, DJAX and Snead (its a ppr). My wrs last week were Taylor Gabriel and Kendal Wright(ughhhh).



I squeaked by for the victory by less than a point  
MadPlaid : 9/13/2017 10:50 am : link
Thank you, Raven's D. Hope I can continue the upsets this week.

I picked up Jacquizz Rodgers off waivers. I am currently starting him as my flex in place of Jamison Crowder. What do you think, is this a wise move? I also have T.Y. Hilton, would you bench him considering the Colts are up against the Cards?
RE: RE: Managed  
Metnut : 9/13/2017 10:54 am : link
In comment 13597092 bigbluehoya said:
Quote:
In comment 13597035 Metnut said:


Quote:


to sneak a win in week 1 thanks to Diggs going nuts on Monday night. I'll take it with Beckham out and Snead being suspended.

Putting in huge bids tonight on Buck Allen and Alex Smith. We get $215 per season to spend and I'll have less than $100 left if my bids are accepted.



Is it a 2 QB league? If not, I'd advise against a huge bid on Smith.


It's a 1 QB league but I have Mariota as my starter (fine) and Dalton as my backup (uh oh). Each team has 25 roster spots and its a 12 team league, so Smith, Siemien, Glennon, Bortles and McCown are the only starting QBs left. Given this odd format, I think I need to overbid to have a real backup QB.
Cohen  
Maximus, Esq. : 9/13/2017 11:00 am : link
Following up on yesterday's thread where someone claimed Cohen for $51/$100 FAAB. In my league some lunatic paid $77 for him last night (also $100 FAAB).

I overspent and claimed Carson for $28 since I'm thin at RB. Had $28 in for Carson, Allen, Cohen and Williams. Allen went for $15.
.  
arcarsenal : 9/13/2017 11:20 am : link
Cohen went for $51 in one of my leagues, too. But I got Buck Allen for free which isn't a terrible consolation prize given the costs.

Now the question is.. which two of these RB's do I start?

Crowell, Jacquizz, Mixon, J. Allen

Seems like Crowell/Quizz make the most sense, I'd think.

I already had Cohen in my 12 team league and now I'm loaded at RB there.. Gurley, McCaffrety, Hunt, Coleman, Cohen.
RE: .  
Mr. Nickels : 9/13/2017 11:25 am : link
In comment 13597162 arcarsenal said:
Quote:
Cohen went for $51 in one of my leagues, too. But I got Buck Allen for free which isn't a terrible consolation prize given the costs.

Now the question is.. which two of these RB's do I start?

Crowell, Jacquizz, Mixon, J. Allen

Seems like Crowell/Quizz make the most sense, I'd think.

I already had Cohen in my 12 team league and now I'm loaded at RB there.. Gurley, McCaffrety, Hunt, Coleman, Cohen.



Buck Allen will be better than Cohen imo.
I got blown out...  
TheEvilLurker : 9/13/2017 11:30 am : link
About every move I made was the wrong move + David Johnson got hurt.

Even my kicker only gave me three point.
RE: .  
santacruzom : 9/13/2017 11:40 am : link
In comment 13597162 arcarsenal said:
Quote:
Cohen went for $51 in one of my leagues, too.


He went for freaking EIGHTY in mine. The one in which I dropped him to make room for players to replace the 20% of my roster affected by Irma, assuming I'd just pick him back up after an uneventful week 1.

Doh.
RE: RE: .  
arcarsenal : 9/13/2017 11:45 am : link
In comment 13597176 Mr. Nickels said:
Quote:
In comment 13597162 arcarsenal said:


Quote:


Cohen went for $51 in one of my leagues, too. But I got Buck Allen for free which isn't a terrible consolation prize given the costs.

Now the question is.. which two of these RB's do I start?

Crowell, Jacquizz, Mixon, J. Allen

Seems like Crowell/Quizz make the most sense, I'd think.

I already had Cohen in my 12 team league and now I'm loaded at RB there.. Gurley, McCaffrety, Hunt, Coleman, Cohen.




Buck Allen will be better than Cohen imo.


I don't know - I think Cohen is going to be a permanent fixture in the Bears offense because Howard can't catch and Cohen looks to be pretty close as a pure runner.

With Allen, I think his value is only going to be elevated as long as Woodhead is out. When Woodhead is back, it's a backfield that is too crowded to rely on anyone.

I do think I could get some use out of Allen right now but would anyone play him over Rodgers? I feel like Quizz is a better play while Martin is suspended since he should be getting more touches and the Bucs actually have WR's who scare defenses.
RE: RE: .  
YAJ2112 : 9/13/2017 11:47 am : link
In comment 13597176 Mr. Nickels said:
Quote:
In comment 13597162 arcarsenal said:


Quote:


Cohen went for $51 in one of my leagues, too. But I got Buck Allen for free which isn't a terrible consolation prize given the costs.

Now the question is.. which two of these RB's do I start?

Crowell, Jacquizz, Mixon, J. Allen

Seems like Crowell/Quizz make the most sense, I'd think.

I already had Cohen in my 12 team league and now I'm loaded at RB there.. Gurley, McCaffrety, Hunt, Coleman, Cohen.




Buck Allen will be better than Cohen imo.


Buck Allen loses his role when Woodhead comes back. Now that could be 4-8 weeks and we'll see if Cohen is going to maintain his workload/be able to physically withstand it for that long or longer. Given relative health, I'd rather have Cohen.
RE: RE: .  
arcarsenal : 9/13/2017 11:47 am : link
In comment 13597205 santacruzom said:
Quote:
In comment 13597162 arcarsenal said:


Quote:


Cohen went for $51 in one of my leagues, too.



He went for freaking EIGHTY in mine. The one in which I dropped him to make room for players to replace the 20% of my roster affected by Irma, assuming I'd just pick him back up after an uneventful week 1.

Doh.


I picked him up in 2 leagues before Week 1 - I kept him in one, but I dropped him in the other one to use a speculative add on Wendell Smallwood after reports were that he was going to be the guy to own in that backfield and get the majority of the work.

I figured even if Smallwood didn't work out, I'd have a couple weeks to add Cohen back before most people figured out who he was or thought he was worth rostering, so that was a gamble I fucking lost.

That said - blowing 80 bucks on him is insane.

I had a bid in for $28 and felt like even that was pretty hefty.
Who knows if Woodhead  
Metnut : 9/13/2017 12:09 pm : link
will even come back. He was hurt all preseason, seems to be hurt most years, and got hurt on the first drive this year. Good chance Allen gets significant usage for the rest of the season IMO.
I got offered  
kelsto811 : 9/13/2017 12:09 pm : link
Reed and Powell for Ertz and David Johnson

.5 PPR

Should I pull the trigger? Johnson cannot be kept
If he's available  
allstarjim : 9/13/2017 12:10 pm : link
And he shouldn't be, everyone should pick up Nelson Agholor, especially in PPR leagues. I believe he is going to catch 90 balls this year.

He went for $8 in my FAAB league. I was going to bid more than double that but fell asleep last night prior to pulling the trigger. My mistake, and I needed him.
RE: RE: RE: .  
Sly Guy : 9/13/2017 12:11 pm : link
In comment 13597220 arcarsenal said:
Quote:
In comment 13597205 santacruzom said:


Quote:


In comment 13597162 arcarsenal said:


Quote:


Cohen went for $51 in one of my leagues, too.



He went for freaking EIGHTY in mine. The one in which I dropped him to make room for players to replace the 20% of my roster affected by Irma, assuming I'd just pick him back up after an uneventful week 1.

Doh.



I picked him up in 2 leagues before Week 1 - I kept him in one, but I dropped him in the other one to use a speculative add on Wendell Smallwood after reports were that he was going to be the guy to own in that backfield and get the majority of the work.

I figured even if Smallwood didn't work out, I'd have a couple weeks to add Cohen back before most people figured out who he was or thought he was worth rostering, so that was a gamble I fucking lost.

That said - blowing 80 bucks on him is insane.

I had a bid in for $28 and felt like even that was pretty hefty.


I like to think Cohen is worth it. I blown 49% on how in my league and got him. The next closest was 33% so I spent a bit more on him.

Now I got a RB group of Demarco, Miller, Rawls, Cohen and James Connor. I like to think it's pretty solid.
RE: Who knows if Woodhead  
arcarsenal : 9/13/2017 12:15 pm : link
In comment 13597245 Metnut said:
Quote:
will even come back. He was hurt all preseason, seems to be hurt most years, and got hurt on the first drive this year. Good chance Allen gets significant usage for the rest of the season IMO.


I do agree with you that Woodhead is no lock to be any sort of factor this year. I avoided him in drafts this year - he was already banged up in pre, got hurt right away, missed almost all of last year - I'm not sure he's going to be able to stay on the field very long.

West is JAG - Allen could certainly be the guy to own in that backfield. Can't believe I got him for free.
RE: I got offered  
allstarjim : 9/13/2017 12:15 pm : link
In comment 13597246 kelsto811 said:
Quote:
Reed and Powell for Ertz and David Johnson

.5 PPR

Should I pull the trigger? Johnson cannot be kept


No. It is not enough. If you feel like your team can survive 10 or so games without David Johnson and still be in position for a playoff run, imagine getting David Johnson back for that run? If you have an IR spot, just stash him. It's actually pretty smart to try and trade for him right now.
I got cute and lost Week 1  
Sly Guy : 9/13/2017 12:17 pm : link
by starting the Giants def and Younghoe Koo. Did it for the memes and homerism. Lost by 6 points.

Now that I'm 0-1 and blew 60% of my FAAB on Cohen, the Raiders kicker and Jason Witten, I think my team is pretty solid for the rest of the year.

12-Team .5 PPR league:

QB: Luck, Stafford
RB: Murray, Miller, Rawls, Cohen, Connor
WR: Nelson, Michael Thomas, Parker, Corey Coleman
TE: Graham, Witten
K: Giorgio Tavecchio
Def: Rams

I should be fine for the rest of the year no?
RE: RE: I got offered  
kelsto811 : 9/13/2017 12:18 pm : link
In comment 13597256 allstarjim said:
Quote:
In comment 13597246 kelsto811 said:


Quote:


Reed and Powell for Ertz and David Johnson

.5 PPR

Should I pull the trigger? Johnson cannot be kept



No. It is not enough. If you feel like your team can survive 10 or so games without David Johnson and still be in position for a playoff run, imagine getting David Johnson back for that run? If you have an IR spot, just stash him. It's actually pretty smart to try and trade for him right now.


Thank you. Was kind of leaning that way. Idk if I can survive but gotta grind it out
RE: I got cute and lost Week 1  
giants#1 : 9/13/2017 12:23 pm : link
In comment 13597257 Sly Guy said:
Quote:
by starting the Giants def and Younghoe Koo. Did it for the memes and homerism. Lost by 6 points.

Now that I'm 0-1 and blew 60% of my FAAB on Cohen, the Raiders kicker and Jason Witten, I think my team is pretty solid for the rest of the year.

12-Team .5 PPR league:

QB: Luck, Stafford
RB: Murray, Miller, Rawls, Cohen, Connor
WR: Nelson, Michael Thomas, Parker, Corey Coleman
TE: Graham, Witten
K: Giorgio Tavecchio
Def: Rams

I should be fine for the rest of the year no?


Are we supposed to predict injuries? It's a solid team right now.

Did you really waste your FAAB on a K?
RE: I got cute and lost Week 1  
arcarsenal : 9/13/2017 12:24 pm : link
In comment 13597257 Sly Guy said:
Quote:
by starting the Giants def and Younghoe Koo. Did it for the memes and homerism. Lost by 6 points.

Now that I'm 0-1 and blew 60% of my FAAB on Cohen, the Raiders kicker and Jason Witten, I think my team is pretty solid for the rest of the year.

12-Team .5 PPR league:

QB: Luck, Stafford
RB: Murray, Miller, Rawls, Cohen, Connor
WR: Nelson, Michael Thomas, Parker, Corey Coleman
TE: Graham, Witten
K: Giorgio Tavecchio
Def: Rams

I should be fine for the rest of the year no?


I hate Lamar Miller but for a 12 team, thats not a bad squad.
RE: RE: RE: .  
santacruzom : 9/13/2017 12:24 pm : link
In comment 13597220 arcarsenal said:
Quote:

That said - blowing 80 bucks on him is insane.



He spent 80 on Cohen and 20 on Kenny Golladay, so his waiver budget has been depleted.

On the other hand, his team scored the most points this week and his roster was already pretty formidable. Mine is too, but would have been made more so if I splurged like he did.
RE: RE: RE: RE: .  
arcarsenal : 9/13/2017 12:28 pm : link
In comment 13597268 santacruzom said:
Quote:
In comment 13597220 arcarsenal said:


Quote:



That said - blowing 80 bucks on him is insane.





He spent 80 on Cohen and 20 on Kenny Golladay, so his waiver budget has been depleted.

On the other hand, his team scored the most points this week and his roster was already pretty formidable. Mine is too, but would have been made more so if I splurged like he did.


I spent $15 on Golladay in 2 leagues - which I felt was a fair price for a guy who should continue to get looks and may be the most talented WR the Lions have.

Blowing an entire budget in week one is bad though.

My philosophy is generally this:

This is the time to spend because you're paying for almost an entire season of the players you by and will get your money's worth on the right players - that said, the teams that keep money in their back pocket to use down the stretch is crucial.

Guys like CJ Anderson in 2014 or Thomas Rawls in 2015 are guys who can help you win a league and if you have no budget to make key pickups like that late in the year, you're at a major disadvantage.
RE: RE: RE: RE: .  
Keith : 9/13/2017 12:33 pm : link
In comment 13597268 santacruzom said:
Quote:
In comment 13597220 arcarsenal said:


Quote:



That said - blowing 80 bucks on him is insane.





He spent 80 on Cohen and 20 on Kenny Golladay, so his waiver budget has been depleted.

On the other hand, his team scored the most points this week and his roster was already pretty formidable. Mine is too, but would have been made more so if I splurged like he did.


This is the NFL, I can almost guarantee that his roster at the end of the season will be different. People are getting nuts with Cohen, IMO. He went for 26 in my league(I put in 9) with a 100 pt budget. I guess that's not insane, but unless Howard goes down, I don't see this as such a no brainer. TIme will tell, but people often overreact to 1 week in a league where things change so much week to week(see giants and bbi).
Should I drop  
Mr. Nickels : 9/13/2017 12:34 pm : link
Charles for Buck Allen??

I also have Perkins and Peterson and Derrick Henry doin nothing but they were higher picks..
I have always felt like saving your pts is a better strategy  
Keith : 9/13/2017 12:36 pm : link
because come the end of the season(whether trying to make the playoffs or go far in the playoffs) there WILL be RB's available that are game changers. These guys get hurt all the time and its such an advantage to get those guys later in the season rather than early on.
RE: Should I drop  
arcarsenal : 9/13/2017 12:41 pm : link
In comment 13597279 Mr. Nickels said:
Quote:
Charles for Buck Allen??

I also have Perkins and Peterson and Derrick Henry doin nothing but they were higher picks..


I would. Charles is clearly second fiddle to CJ and I think all of his injuries have taken a toll on him - he doesn't have the same game-breaking explosion he used to.

Allen will be a guy you can flex for the next month or two - I wouldn't want to start Charles.
RE: Should I drop  
allstarjim : 9/13/2017 12:41 pm : link
In comment 13597279 Mr. Nickels said:
Quote:
Charles for Buck Allen??

I also have Perkins and Peterson and Derrick Henry doin nothing but they were higher picks..


This is a good fantasy question. My answer would be no. Here's why: If you watched any of the Broncos game it looked like Charles was the best Denver RB. Sure, Anderson is entrenched as the starter for now. But I like to bet on talent. Charles still has it, and think he's a more worthy stash than Allen. For the same reason, you should hang on to Derrick Henry. There's only so many players you can keep that you must be patient with, however, and I do think you should try to add Allen, but do so at the expense of Peterson. Yes, Peterson has immense talent also, but it appears he has no defined role on the Saints. That's a mess of a RB situation in New Orleans and the sooner you simply wash your hands of it, the happier you will be, I think.

I think Charles is going to play a bigger role on the Broncos later in the season, and you'll be happy you hung on to him. It's a risk, but that's a risk I personally would be willing to take as long as I had the roster ability to do it.
RE: I have always felt like saving your pts is a better strategy  
Sly Guy : 9/13/2017 12:43 pm : link
In comment 13597284 Keith said:
Quote:
because come the end of the season(whether trying to make the playoffs or go far in the playoffs) there WILL be RB's available that are game changers. These guys get hurt all the time and its such an advantage to get those guys later in the season rather than early on.


There's no right or wrong answer in how you spend your FAAB budget. To me, the most important thing is to GET IN to the playoffs. After that, you have to do your due diligence and hope you get lucky picking someone before they blow up.

It's my first year playing FAAB and I have 40% of my FAAB left after the first week. My job now is to push for as many trades as I can for the players I just picked up.
RE: RE: Should I drop  
Sly Guy : 9/13/2017 12:48 pm : link
In comment 13597287 allstarjim said:
Quote:
In comment 13597279 Mr. Nickels said:


Quote:


Charles for Buck Allen??

I also have Perkins and Peterson and Derrick Henry doin nothing but they were higher picks..



This is a good fantasy question. My answer would be no. Here's why: If you watched any of the Broncos game it looked like Charles was the best Denver RB. Sure, Anderson is entrenched as the starter for now. But I like to bet on talent. Charles still has it, and think he's a more worthy stash than Allen. For the same reason, you should hang on to Derrick Henry. There's only so many players you can keep that you must be patient with, however, and I do think you should try to add Allen, but do so at the expense of Peterson. Yes, Peterson has immense talent also, but it appears he has no defined role on the Saints. That's a mess of a RB situation in New Orleans and the sooner you simply wash your hands of it, the happier you will be, I think.

I think Charles is going to play a bigger role on the Broncos later in the season, and you'll be happy you hung on to him. It's a risk, but that's a risk I personally would be willing to take as long as I had the roster ability to do it.


Excellent said. I dropped Charles today because I didn't think he could last the whole season and even if he did, the Broncos would spell him to keep him fresh for the playoffs.

In this case, I'd drop AP too. It's all about opportunities and in this case, I think NO is going to give that rookie RB every opportunity to succeed. Add in Ingram and that backfield is a disaster for fantasy players.
RE: RE: I have always felt like saving your pts is a better strategy  
Keith : 9/13/2017 12:50 pm : link
In comment 13597289 Sly Guy said:
Quote:
In comment 13597284 Keith said:


Quote:


because come the end of the season(whether trying to make the playoffs or go far in the playoffs) there WILL be RB's available that are game changers. These guys get hurt all the time and its such an advantage to get those guys later in the season rather than early on.



There's no right or wrong answer in how you spend your FAAB budget. To me, the most important thing is to GET IN to the playoffs. After that, you have to do your due diligence and hope you get lucky picking someone before they blow up.

It's my first year playing FAAB and I have 40% of my FAAB left after the first week. My job now is to push for as many trades as I can for the players I just picked up.


I disagree, I believe there is a right and wrong answer. I've been playing FAAB for 10 years now and from my experiences, the guys that blow it all early, regret it. Obviously there are some situations where it's worth it, I don't think this is one. If HOward went down with a serious injury, I think this would be one of those situations where I'd feel comfortable blowing 25% of my pts in week 1.
Obviously it's subjective  
bigbluehoya : 9/13/2017 1:02 pm : link
And everyone's experiences are different.

This is my 6th year of FAAB, and my experience is far different from Keith's.

The people who have regretted FAAB in my league are people who have churned their roster blowing $7-10 each week to improve their last bench spots.

Their have been huge wins by people making conviction bids ($30-60), especially early in the season.

My opinion is that Cohen is worth a conviction bid (week 1 touches + situation + talent upside). He's the only player I feel that way about after Week 1. I won him for $54. Next bid was $46.

Kerwynn Williams went for $40. I view that as a huge overpay.

Buck Allen went for $20. I had a bid at $25 that was voided by my Cohen win.

Interesting note is that I am actually the Woodhead owner. I still value Cohen more than 2x as high.
RE: I got cute and lost Week 1  
Sly Guy : 9/13/2017 1:02 pm : link
In comment 13597257 Sly Guy said:
Quote:
by starting the Giants def and Younghoe Koo. Did it for the memes and homerism. Lost by 6 points.

Now that I'm 0-1 and blew 60% of my FAAB on Cohen, the Raiders kicker and Jason Witten, I think my team is pretty solid for the rest of the year.

12-Team .5 PPR league:

QB: Luck, Stafford
RB: Murray, Miller, Rawls, Cohen, Connor
WR: Nelson, Michael Thomas, Parker, Corey Coleman
TE: Graham, Witten
K: Giorgio Tavecchio
Def: Rams

I should be fine for the rest of the year no?



So BBI wasn't too impressed with me spending 60% of my FAAB but I just got an interesting trade offer.

I give up Devante Parker for DJ and Emmanuel Sanders.

That's an easy YES right?
RE: RE: RE: I have always felt like saving your pts is a better strategy  
YAJ2112 : 9/13/2017 1:03 pm : link
In comment 13597305 Keith said:
Quote:
In comment 13597289 Sly Guy said:


Quote:


In comment 13597284 Keith said:


Quote:


because come the end of the season(whether trying to make the playoffs or go far in the playoffs) there WILL be RB's available that are game changers. These guys get hurt all the time and its such an advantage to get those guys later in the season rather than early on.



There's no right or wrong answer in how you spend your FAAB budget. To me, the most important thing is to GET IN to the playoffs. After that, you have to do your due diligence and hope you get lucky picking someone before they blow up.

It's my first year playing FAAB and I have 40% of my FAAB left after the first week. My job now is to push for as many trades as I can for the players I just picked up.



I disagree, I believe there is a right and wrong answer. I've been playing FAAB for 10 years now and from my experiences, the guys that blow it all early, regret it. Obviously there are some situations where it's worth it, I don't think this is one. If HOward went down with a serious injury, I think this would be one of those situations where I'd feel comfortable blowing 25% of my pts in week 1.


I've been playing with FAAB for a while as well, and in multiple leagues per year. I've blown it all early and saved it all for the end. To me, it doesn't necessarily matter when you spend it but rather who you spend it on.
RE: Obviously it's subjective  
bigbluehoya : 9/13/2017 1:04 pm : link
In comment 13597328 bigbluehoya said:
Quote:
And everyone's experiences are different.

This is my 6th year of FAAB, and my experience is far different from Keith's.

The people who have regretted FAAB in my league are people who have churned their roster blowing $7-10 each week to improve their last bench spots.

Their have been huge wins by people making conviction bids ($30-60), especially early in the season.

My opinion is that Cohen is worth a conviction bid (week 1 touches + situation + talent upside). He's the only player I feel that way about after Week 1. I won him for $54. Next bid was $46.

Kerwynn Williams went for $40. I view that as a huge overpay.

Buck Allen went for $20. I had a bid at $25 that was voided by my Cohen win.

Interesting note is that I am actually the Woodhead owner. I still value Cohen more than 2x as high.


*THERE* have been...

Motherfuck.
RE: Obviously it's subjective  
YAJ2112 : 9/13/2017 1:04 pm : link
In comment 13597328 bigbluehoya said:
Quote:
And everyone's experiences are different.

The people who have regretted FAAB in my league are people who have churned their roster blowing $7-10 each week to improve their last bench spots.


This +1000. Wasting FAAB on guys who have no upside is the mistake.
RE: Obviously it's subjective  
arcarsenal : 9/13/2017 1:07 pm : link
In comment 13597328 bigbluehoya said:
Quote:
And everyone's experiences are different.

This is my 6th year of FAAB, and my experience is far different from Keith's.

The people who have regretted FAAB in my league are people who have churned their roster blowing $7-10 each week to improve their last bench spots.

Their have been huge wins by people making conviction bids ($30-60), especially early in the season.

My opinion is that Cohen is worth a conviction bid (week 1 touches + situation + talent upside). He's the only player I feel that way about after Week 1. I won him for $54. Next bid was $46.

Kerwynn Williams went for $40. I view that as a huge overpay.

Buck Allen went for $20. I had a bid at $25 that was voided by my Cohen win.

Interesting note is that I am actually the Woodhead owner. I still value Cohen more than 2x as high.


I'm in the middle of you guys -

I think the time to spend big is right now because this is when you'll get the best return. Owning a player like Cohen all season is worth a hefty pricetag.

However, spending $80 on him is crazy to me. I think there's a certain point where you have to set your price and if you get beat out, so be it.

The waiver is usually most juicy now because of guys who flew under the radar in pre but are clear parts of offenses going forward - so this is a good time to spend money and lock some of them up. But there are ALWAYS RB's who become available later on that can help you win a title and if you have no budget to get them, it makes it tough.

Also, remember Tyreek Hill was a guy who burst onto the scene late last year as well. So, it's WR's as well.

I would have spent like $30 on Cohen but missing out on him for $51 is something I'm fine with - I'll use that money elsewhere.
I can understand spending it on WR's  
Keith : 9/13/2017 1:13 pm : link
because you can see early on who is going to be a big part of the offense and those guys usually stay valuable all year. RB's is a different story. THings change often and guys get banged up and there are ALWAYS RB's available week to week who put up big pts. Save your pts!
Pages: 1 2 | Show All |  Next>>
Back to the Corner