Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

Flowers did some good things Monday night.

Devon : 9/19/2017 4:38 pm
So says McAdoo.

Dan Duggan @DDuggan21
McAdoo said Flowers is "absolutely" still the LT. Said that Flowers "did some good things" on Monday night.
Ok  
DC Gmen Fan : 9/19/2017 4:39 pm : link
he put his helmet on right
was on time
didn't get hurt
didn't accidentally step on elis hand.
umm.
I guess  
cokeduplt : 9/19/2017 4:40 pm : link
Mcadoo wants Eli dead. I can't believe what joke this season is right now.
RE: Ok  
giants#1 : 9/19/2017 4:40 pm : link
In comment 13607390 DC Gmen Fan said:
Quote:
he put his helmet on right
was on time
didn't get hurt
didn't accidentally step on elis hand.
umm.


I don't recall any penalties on him.






of course you have to contact a defender first...
UFB.  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 9/19/2017 4:42 pm : link
The stubbornness is amazing.
RE: RE: Ok  
Devon : 9/19/2017 4:42 pm : link
In comment 13607396 giants#1 said:
Quote:
In comment 13607390 DC Gmen Fan said:


Quote:


he put his helmet on right
was on time
didn't get hurt
didn't accidentally step on elis hand.
umm.



I don't recall any penalties on him.






of course you have to contact a defender first...


It did look like he was attempting to hold a few times.

He just couldn't actually get a hold to do so.
RE: UFB.  
Devon : 9/19/2017 4:42 pm : link
In comment 13607398 SFGFNCGiantsFan said:
Quote:
The stubbornness is amazing.


Art Stapleton @art_stapleton
McAdoo: "We can't keep doing the same thing over and over again. That's insanity."
he  
Les in TO : 9/19/2017 4:43 pm : link
put on his shirt after the game when he ordered uber eats.
RE: RE: UFB.  
The_Boss : 9/19/2017 4:44 pm : link
In comment 13607401 Devon said:
Quote:
In comment 13607398 SFGFNCGiantsFan said:


Quote:


The stubbornness is amazing.



Art Stapleton @art_stapleton
McAdoo: "We can't keep doing the same thing over and over again. That's insanity."


You mean like trotting out the same shit heads for the last year along the OL?
Trotting Flowers out there at LT  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 9/19/2017 4:44 pm : link
Is insanity.
I will say this  
jvm52106 : 9/19/2017 4:46 pm : link
maybe there is fire where there is smoke. Maybe Eli and Mac are not getting along. It seems to me Mac is doing everything he can to blame others than his Oline and especially Flowers. Could he be trying to get Eli out?

Think about it. Eli is not the ideal QB for his offense. Aaron Rodgers, Dak Prescott (mobility), Russell Wilson (mobility and accuracy) and others are more what his offense calls for. Remember he said Eli had to be able to pass with a "dirty" pocket.. I am starting to think he is not on board with Eli!
I feel like Ashton Kutcher is going pop out and say:  
map7711 : 9/19/2017 4:46 pm : link
You're being PUNKED!!
Unbelievable  
Emil : 9/19/2017 4:47 pm : link
Some good things? Like what?

Eli took a beating almost exclusively off the left side last night.
how does he stand up in front of the team  
LG in NYC : 9/19/2017 4:49 pm : link
and continue to trot out this player and this Oline?... I would think he would lose all credibility.
Yes, he left after the game was over!  
TC : 9/19/2017 4:49 pm : link
.
Eli  
Jolly Blue Giant : 9/19/2017 4:50 pm : link
Will be QB for Jax next year.
It is blatantly obvious at this point  
annexOPR : 9/19/2017 4:50 pm : link
Mac wants a QB that can run

This offseason: Geno, Josh Johnson, "heavily scouting QBs", trade up for Mahomes rumors, Webb selection

He wants a guy like Rodgers (who doesn't? I know) that can actually evade a rush and maybe turn a sack into a scramble for positive yardage (like Stafford's clinic last night)

Eli is done.
2 somewhat contradictory thoughts  
njm : 9/19/2017 4:51 pm : link
1. If he's going to play on Sunday the kid doesn't need the coach ripping on him. His confidence is probably already shot.

2. But there is a little bit of a Bagdad Bob aspect to this.
Is Benny Mac's main qualification being a yes-man to the front office?  
TC : 9/19/2017 4:51 pm : link
I'm not suggesting feuding as the path to greatness, but could compliance have something to do with his elevation?
RE: Eli  
annexOPR : 9/19/2017 4:52 pm : link
In comment 13607420 Jolly Blue Giant said:
Quote:
Will be QB for Jax next year.


This would be ideal. Get some picks while Eli rides off into the sunset - on the back of Fournette
That's it  
Marty866b : 9/19/2017 4:53 pm : link
Time for Mara and or Tisch to send a message. This stubborn coach is an idiot. Obviously, he was very lucky last year that we played a soft schedule,won some close games,Spag's and money built a good defense along with OBJ heroics made this idiot look like he knew what he was doing. It is so obvious that he doesn't.
If this team wins more then six games this season I will be surprised.
Mac just lost me as a supporter of his  
micky : 9/19/2017 4:53 pm : link
his fucking ego is evident..anyone from novice to former players can vividly see Flowers needs to be moved from his spot...dope
One more from Ben:  
Devon : 9/19/2017 4:55 pm : link
Dan Duggan @DDuggan21
Asked McAdoo if he worries about how the locker room will receive criticism of some players (Eli) and not others (Flowers): "No."
He ate his meat  
Kuhn and Friends : 9/19/2017 4:55 pm : link
Before having pudding?
People need to come to grips with the fact  
BlackLight : 9/19/2017 4:56 pm : link
that Flowers is, quite simply, the BEST OPTION the team has at Left Tackle. That is to say, even if there's a better LT on the roster, it would be one of the other 4 starting OL we have, and to replace that guy would just create a similar nightmare at that position. We'd be no better, and quite possibly worse.
Flowers might not even be the biggest issue in Philly  
Go Terps : 9/19/2017 4:56 pm : link
His horrific play these past two weeks has overshadowed the crappiness of the rest of the line. Fletcher Cox is waiting...
Wow, I want to smoke what Ben is smoking  
32_Razor : 9/19/2017 4:57 pm : link
Flowers still the LT after watching the film
....  
BrettNYG10 : 9/19/2017 4:57 pm : link
I don't think we should put much stock into what's said publicly. I'm doubtful McAdoo actually believes this.
As I've said a thousand times,  
shockeyisthebest8056 : 9/19/2017 4:58 pm : link
they (Mac & Reese) must not believe that Flowers can/will handle any public criticism well. They really handle him with kid gloves while they're willing to say anything about Eli and Odell. Considering Flower's run-in with the reporter last year, that doesn't seem to be a inconceivable notion.

I'm okay with them not ripping him in public. My problem is they're not holding him accountable in private by allowing him to start every week at left tackle with no consequences for atrocious play.
Don't  
burtmanjack : 9/19/2017 4:58 pm : link
think for a second that Reese's fingerprints aren't all over the efforts to scapegoat Eli for his and McAdoo's failures and to protect their own egos and pride through Flowers.

Even if you think Eli sucks you can't reasonably dispute that he hasn't even been able to do anything because of this line.
RE: ....  
Go Terps : 9/19/2017 4:58 pm : link
In comment 13607447 BrettNYG10 said:
Quote:
I don't think we should put much stock into what's said publicly. I'm doubtful McAdoo actually believes this.


This.
RE: That's it  
HomerJones45 : 9/19/2017 4:59 pm : link
In comment 13607428 Marty866b said:
Quote:
Time for Mara and or Tisch to send a message. This stubborn coach is an idiot. Obviously, he was very lucky last year that we played a soft schedule,won some close games,Spag's and money built a good defense along with OBJ heroics made this idiot look like he knew what he was doing. It is so obvious that he doesn't.
If this team wins more then six games this season I will be surprised.
Stop it. They are not sending any messages and he is not being fired. The two owners would look like complete fools for hiring this guy in the first place(and stop blaming Reese for that- BM was hired by the owners' box). They want to be known as the Rooneys replacing Noll with Cowher and not the mob replacing Michael with Fredo.
Fucking system coaches are the worst.  
Motley Two : 9/19/2017 5:01 pm : link
Square peg, round hole motherfuckers.
RE: RE: That's it  
TC : 9/19/2017 5:04 pm : link
In comment 13607452 HomerJones45 said:
Quote:
In comment 13607428 Marty866b said:


Quote:


Time for Mara and or Tisch to send a message. This stubborn coach is an idiot. Obviously, he was very lucky last year that we played a soft schedule,won some close games,Spag's and money built a good defense along with OBJ heroics made this idiot look like he knew what he was doing. It is so obvious that he doesn't.
If this team wins more then six games this season I will be surprised.

Stop it. They are not sending any messages and he is not being fired. The two owners would look like complete fools for hiring this guy in the first place(and stop blaming Reese for that- BM was hired by the owners' box). They want to be known as the Rooneys replacing Noll with Cowher and not the mob replacing Michael with Fredo.

They'll look like much bigger fools if they keep him very much past his "sell by" date!
Homer Jones 45  
Marty866b : 9/19/2017 5:11 pm : link
I am not saying fire McAdoo after two games. It's time for someone to tell him that he shouldn't,can't,whatever,let #74 play left tackle any longer. EVERYONE knows that Flowers cannot play left tackle. He has been bad and is continuing to get worse which is very hard to do. How can the coach not be open to trying different things on this o-line? He is beyond stubborn already.
I know we all admire Eli for his unflappable demeanor and the  
Mark C : 9/19/2017 5:14 pm : link
fact that he never, ever even complains about anything, much less about any teammate, ... BUT,
an effective leader knows that there are moments when bitching and moaning about something is the only responsible thing to do.

Eli seems like he's sleepwalking right now, saying the same damn innocuous things after every shitshow offensive performance. And frankly, the "gee whiz, andy" act is sounding real fucking stale on this Monday.

It's time to throw a fucking chair, for heaven's sake. Show us that your team has a damn pulse, willya please!?! Or at least that its quarterback cares as much as I do.
Wasn't Coach Coughlin always slammed with being too set in his ways?  
montanagiant : 9/19/2017 5:16 pm : link
Too stubborn?

This is mindboggling
RE: He ate his meat  
OntheRoad : 9/19/2017 5:18 pm : link
In comment 13607435 Kuhn and Friends said:
Quote:
Before having pudding?


RE: I know we all admire Eli for his unflappable demeanor and the  
Devon : 9/19/2017 5:19 pm : link
In comment 13607475 Mark C said:
Quote:
fact that he never, ever even complains about anything, much less about any teammate, ... BUT,
an effective leader knows that there are moments when bitching and moaning about something is the only responsible thing to do.

Eli seems like he's sleepwalking right now, saying the same damn innocuous things after every shitshow offensive performance. And frankly, the "gee whiz, andy" act is sounding real fucking stale on this Monday.

It's time to throw a fucking chair, for heaven's sake. Show us that your team has a damn pulse, willya please!?! Or at least that its quarterback cares as much as I do.


So you want Eli to go directly against his HC -- that already has some type of beef with him -- publicly just to make you feel better?
RE: I know we all admire Eli for his unflappable demeanor and the  
TC : 9/19/2017 5:20 pm : link
In comment 13607475 Mark C said:
Quote:
fact that he never, ever even complains about anything, much less about any teammate, ... BUT,
an effective leader knows that there are moments when bitching and moaning about something is the only responsible thing to do.

Eli seems like he's sleepwalking right now, saying the same damn innocuous things after every shitshow offensive performance. And frankly, the "gee whiz, andy" act is sounding real fucking stale on this Monday.

It's time to throw a fucking chair, for heaven's sake. Show us that your team has a damn pulse, willya please!?! Or at least that its quarterback cares as much as I do.

Yeah, throw a chair and yell, "The coach is a moron, the offense doesn't work, our personnel sucks and this offensive line is going to get me frigin' killed!!!"
Pugh AND Richburg in a Contract Year  
est1986 : 9/19/2017 5:23 pm : link
AND Giants have to decide whether or not they want give a 5th Year Option on Ereck Flowers for 2019. This OL is, forgive me, DOG-SHIT right now, there hasn't been many other options, there doesn't appear to be any options now or in the foreseeable future... What the hell are the Giants going to do about this OFFENSIVE LINE!? Can they move Pugh to LT, put Flowers at LG? or at RG or RT? Something has got to give and it doesn't appear that the Giants or Ben McAdoo is ready to try something else with the 2015's 9th Overall pick after two rough years and a third year which he has struggled still and includes the worst offensive start I've seen in all of my time watching the Giants.
The most frustrating thing is, this is an uber-talented team.  
Mark C : 9/19/2017 5:31 pm : link
Some current and former players have said this is the most talent this team has had in recent memory. With a few personnel adjustments on the O line (beginning with moving Flowers to guard of course), and slight-to-moderate modifications of the gameplan, they could put up at least enough points for that D to get them to the playoffs again.

We will find out this week if there is anyone in this organization's chain of command who will step up and demand changes, or just let the season go to shit.
That presser was  
gmenatlarge : 9/19/2017 5:31 pm : link
de-pressing, if they trot out that same line next Sunday at Phil I for one will not be watching. I can't take any more of this inept offense!
RE: It is blatantly obvious at this point  
BillT : 9/19/2017 5:35 pm : link
In comment 13607421 annexOPR said:
Quote:
Mac wants a QB that can run

This offseason: Geno, Josh Johnson, "heavily scouting QBs", trade up for Mahomes rumors, Webb selection

He wants a guy like Rodgers (who doesn't? I know) that can actually evade a rush and maybe turn a sack into a scramble for positive yardage (like Stafford's clinic last night)

Eli is done.

This makes no sense. What? McAdoo is going to tank an entire season to prove his point and get a mobile QB? And with good NFL QBs a real scarcity how is he going to get one that good enough, get him up to speed and still have his job by then. That's a two/three year process.
I remember  
Beer Man : 9/19/2017 5:37 pm : link
Seeing him help pick-up Eli from off the ground, and he did it without hurting him further.
McAdoo and his  
Koffman : 9/19/2017 5:43 pm : link
Flippin ego have got to go, along with the 10W-40 he puts in his hair and the annoying playsheet he keeps in front of his face all game long.
RE: RE: Eli  
Diver_Down : 9/19/2017 5:51 pm : link
In comment 13607425 annexOPR said:
Quote:
In comment 13607420 Jolly Blue Giant said:


Quote:


Will be QB for Jax next year.



This would be ideal. Get some picks while Eli rides off into the sunset - on the back of Fournette


Eli has a no-trade clause. If Eli is not on the Giants, it is because he retired or was released. He is due a $5 MM roster bonus on the 3rd day of the year. This instrument is to force the Giants hand so they can not sit on his rights as FA passes by. He could always collect the $5 MM and then decide to retire as their is no clause in the CBA that allows for the team to collect a roster bonus. They would only be entitled to collect a pro-rated portion of the signing bonus.
He did no good things last night.  
Dry Lightning : 9/19/2017 6:08 pm : link
He had one of the absolute worst nights I have ever seen a Giant have and that goes back quite a ways. Flowers can't play tackle. He just isn't coordinated enough. He is big, strong and tough. Just put him at guard god damn it!
Mac said this too. I'd like someone to point out one to me  
PatersonPlank : 9/19/2017 6:30 pm : link
And by one I don't mean a play that any breathing LT could make in their sleep. I mean a play that LT's would look at and say nice play.
And you guys want to know what's wrong with this team  
prdave73 : 9/19/2017 6:44 pm : link
and Organization?? Well there lies the answer. Plain and simple the Giants are their worst enemy. They are so damn loyal and so politically correct, that even when it's smacking them right on the face, they will not make changes.. That is whats wrong with this Org. pretty sad. smh.
RE: The most frustrating thing is, this is an uber-talented team.  
TC : 9/19/2017 6:54 pm : link
In comment 13607497 Mark C said:
Quote:
Some current and former players have said this is the most talent this team has had in recent memory. With a few personnel adjustments on the O line (beginning with moving Flowers to guard of course), and slight-to-moderate modifications of the gameplan, they could put up at least enough points for that D to get them to the playoffs again.

We will find out this week if there is anyone in this organization's chain of command who will step up and demand changes, or just let the season go to shit.

It's is!?!? Exactly who are all these "ubers" after Beckham?
RE: Pugh AND Richburg in a Contract Year  
Rjanyg : 9/19/2017 8:27 pm : link
In comment 13607488 est1986 said:
Quote:
AND Giants have to decide whether or not they want give a 5th Year Option on Ereck Flowers for 2019. This OL is, forgive me, DOG-SHIT right now, there hasn't been many other options, there doesn't appear to be any options now or in the foreseeable future... What the hell are the Giants going to do about this OFFENSIVE LINE!? Can they move Pugh to LT, put Flowers at LG? or at RG or RT? Something has got to give and it doesn't appear that the Giants or Ben McAdoo is ready to try something else with the 2015's 9th Overall pick after two rough years and a third year which he has struggled still and includes the worst offensive start I've seen in all of my time watching the Giants.


Exactly!!! The 2 best linemen on a bad line are in their contract year. Frightening thought.

How's this for a line for 2018:
Flowers, Bisnowaty, Jones, Jerry, Hart

Barf
RE: RE: UFB.  
Modus Operandi : 9/19/2017 10:40 pm : link
In comment 13607401 Devon said:
Quote:
In comment 13607398 SFGFNCGiantsFan said:


Quote:


The stubbornness is amazing.



Art Stapleton @art_stapleton
McAdoo: "We can't keep doing the same thing over and over again. That's insanity."


I guess that doesn't apply to running the same formation almost 97% of the time.
I see..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 9/20/2017 8:25 am : link
a variation of this shit posted often:

Quote:
And you guys want to know what's wrong with this team
prdave73 : 9/19/2017 6:44 pm : link : reply
and Organization?? Well there lies the answer. Plain and simple the Giants are their worst enemy. They are so damn loyal and so politically correct, that even when it's smacking them right on the face, they will not make changes.. That is whats wrong with this Org. pretty sad. smh.


It's wrong to not make constant changes at the first sign of adversity? Really? Name a winning team that makes immediate changes. You know who makes a shitload of changes? The Redskins. You know who else? The Raiders (especially in the Al Davis Era). The Bills and Jets go through coaches like they are disposable contacts.

Show me a winning team that makes wholesale changes after a couple of losses.

Basically -the anger comes from you being displeased and thinking that the only way to improve is to make a bunch of firings and demotions, but then again - you bitched even in Super Bowl years, so you'd probably want to investigate the whole not being that bright of a bulb theory.
RE: As I've said a thousand times,  
gmenatlarge : 9/20/2017 8:53 am : link
In comment 13607449 shockeyisthebest8056 said:
Quote:
they (Mac & Reese) must not believe that Flowers can/will handle any public criticism well. They really handle him with kid gloves while they're willing to say anything about Eli and Odell. Considering Flower's run-in with the reporter last year, that doesn't seem to be a inconceivable notion.

I'm okay with them not ripping him in public. My problem is they're not holding him accountable in private by allowing him to start every week at left tackle with no consequences for atrocious play.


Agreed, just how bad do you have to be to lose your job on this pathetic O-line???? Not show up at all, maybe?
I think it's pretty clear at this point that Flowers' problem is not  
jcn56 : 9/20/2017 8:55 am : link
physical. It's also not work ethic related. His confidence is shot, he starts flailing and panicking when things start to go south, and his game goes to shit.

The coaching staff probably figures the best way to approach it is to sugar coat all public feedback, in an attempt to salvage whatever they can from him, whether it's continued play at LT or being moved elsewhere on the line.
RE: I see..  
gmenatlarge : 9/20/2017 9:05 am : link
In comment 13607952 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
a variation of this shit posted often:



Quote:


And you guys want to know what's wrong with this team
prdave73 : 9/19/2017 6:44 pm : link : reply
and Organization?? Well there lies the answer. Plain and simple the Giants are their worst enemy. They are so damn loyal and so politically correct, that even when it's smacking them right on the face, they will not make changes.. That is whats wrong with this Org. pretty sad. smh.



It's wrong to not make constant changes at the first sign of adversity? Really? Name a winning team that makes immediate changes. You know who makes a shitload of changes? The Redskins. You know who else? The Raiders (especially in the Al Davis Era). The Bills and Jets go through coaches like they are disposable contacts.

Show me a winning team that makes wholesale changes after a couple of losses.

Basically -the anger comes from you being displeased and thinking that the only way to improve is to make a bunch of firings and demotions, but then again - you bitched even in Super Bowl years, so you'd probably want to investigate the whole not being that bright of a bulb theory.


The giants are not a "winning" team at this point and if the O-line play continues at this level, they will NOT be for the foreseeable future.
The Giants..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 9/20/2017 9:13 am : link
were 11-5 last year. They have 2 SB wins in the past 10 years.

Why does this shit have to constantly be pointed out?

I get that everyone wants to win now, but the fact that so many people seem to forget success is disappointing on many levels and frustrating as hell when pitchforks keep getting grabbed.
Back to the Corner