Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

Paul Perkins and Weston Richburg are OUT for Sunday.

gidiefor : Mod : 10/6/2017 10:34 am
John Jerry, JPP, OV and Avery Moss are questionable.

as per several beat reporter tweets including Raanan and Stapleton
As somebody said yesterday....  
Britt in VA : 10/6/2017 10:38 am : link
Here come the injuries. Another indicator of a season spiraling out of control.
are you sure about JPP?  
ZogZerg : 10/6/2017 10:39 am : link
Pat Traina says JPP not on final injury report.
Maybe she missed it.
RE: As somebody said yesterday....  
ZogZerg : 10/6/2017 10:40 am : link
In comment 13632809 Britt in VA said:
Quote:
Here come the injuries. Another indicator of a season spiraling out of control.



Jenkins and OBJ not on injury report. I guess that's a positive.
RE: are you sure about JPP?  
gidiefor : Mod : 10/6/2017 10:41 am : link
In comment 13632813 ZogZerg said:
Quote:
Pat Traina says JPP not on final injury report.
Maybe she missed it.


She's wrong
actually she's right now  
gidiefor : Mod : 10/6/2017 10:42 am : link
she just corrected herself
.....  
CoughlinHandsonHips : 10/6/2017 10:44 am : link
Not good news for Richburg in a contract year
This is Gallman's opportunity  
njm : 10/6/2017 10:45 am : link
And I think there will be no drop off. Contrary to some of you might think, losing Richburg is problematic.
RE: RE: are you sure about JPP?  
Capt. Don : 10/6/2017 10:45 am : link
In comment 13632823 gidiefor said:
Quote:
In comment 13632813 ZogZerg said:


Quote:


Pat Traina says JPP not on final injury report.
Maybe she missed it.



She's wrong


I appreciate her effort and passion but Pat is wrong more than she is right and when she is right it is because she makes vague statements that everyone already knows.
RE: This is Gallman's opportunity  
Dr. D : 10/6/2017 10:52 am : link
In comment 13632833 njm said:
Quote:
And I think there will be no drop off...


ha ha. You think there will be no drop off from Perkins 1.9 ypc?!
njm  
Dr. D : 10/6/2017 10:53 am : link
just messin'. you prolly meant no drop off from Gallman's limited stint last week?
Is Darkwa practicing?  
shockeyisthebest8056 : 10/6/2017 10:54 am : link
I want to see Gallman get a bunch of reps, but we obviously need more than 2 RBs going into the game.
Oops...  
shockeyisthebest8056 : 10/6/2017 10:55 am : link
I missed yesterday's practice report.
we go with Vareen and Gallman its faster  
Elite Mobster #32 : 10/6/2017 10:56 am : link
If Jerry cant go what is the lineup ?
RE: As somebody said yesterday....  
ryanmkeane : 10/6/2017 10:59 am : link
In comment 13632809 Britt in VA said:
Quote:
Here come the injuries. Another indicator of a season spiraling out of control.

How are injuries a problem with this team? Richburg got a concussion, and Vernon is dinged up. Outside of that, this is a healthy team now.
RE: RE: RE: are you sure about JPP?  
gidiefor : Mod : 10/6/2017 10:59 am : link
In comment 13632834 Capt. Don said:
Quote:
In comment 13632823 gidiefor said:


Quote:


In comment 13632813 ZogZerg said:


Quote:


Pat Traina says JPP not on final injury report.
Maybe she missed it.



She's wrong



I appreciate her effort and passion but Pat is wrong more than she is right and when she is right it is because she makes vague statements that everyone already knows.


Nah -- Patti's Ok -- sometimes in the rush to get things out there's a boo-boo in her non-edited capacity -- she's more right than wrong in my opinion -- and she corrected herself
Vernon and JPP questionable  
jeff57 : 10/6/2017 11:05 am : link
.
RE: RE: As somebody said yesterday....  
jvm52106 : 10/6/2017 11:20 am : link
In comment 13632863 ryanmkeane said:
Quote:
In comment 13632809 Britt in VA said:


Quote:


Here come the injuries. Another indicator of a season spiraling out of control.


How are injuries a problem with this team? Richburg got a concussion, and Vernon is dinged up. Outside of that, this is a healthy team now.


I think the point is, injuries will become the norm if the team keeps losing. Some legit others more protecting bodies (their own) than what would be there if the team was winning...
we are screwed.  
GMAN4LIFE : 10/6/2017 11:30 am : link
.
RE: RE: RE: As somebody said yesterday....  
Britt in VA : 10/6/2017 11:40 am : link
In comment 13632899 jvm52106 said:
Quote:
In comment 13632863 ryanmkeane said:


Quote:


In comment 13632809 Britt in VA said:


Quote:


Here come the injuries. Another indicator of a season spiraling out of control.


How are injuries a problem with this team? Richburg got a concussion, and Vernon is dinged up. Outside of that, this is a healthy team now.



I think the point is, injuries will become the norm if the team keeps losing. Some legit others more protecting bodies (their own) than what would be there if the team was winning...


Yes, that was the point.
I never wish any injury ...  
Beezer : 10/6/2017 11:41 am : link
nor do I celebrate any.

Perspective, though, now Jones can audition for center going forward. Is he the guy? Or does the team need to make a better plan?

I would never have bet money on the organization spending FA money to keep Richburg.
4th line combo it looks like  
SLIM_ : 10/6/2017 12:10 pm : link
Will it be Flowers/Jerry/Jones/Fluker/Pugh or Flowers/Pugh/Jones/Fluker/Hart?

Really interested in seeing Fluker again. Thought he did some nice things. Would also like to see more time with Pugh at tackle. If we were to sign him, I think they need to have him be the higher paid/better version of Dave Diehl where he plays where we need him.

I saw no noticable difference when Jones came in for Richburg  
PatersonPlank : 10/6/2017 12:22 pm : link
Not worried about this one at all.
None of these guys  
Sy'56 : 10/6/2017 1:00 pm : link
have been a major plus factor this year....no drop off
Richburg is overreated here.  
Giants86 : 10/6/2017 1:05 pm : link
He is average at best. Perkins is just lousy.

Let Gallman and Vereen handle that job.

RE: Richburg is overreated here.  
bradshaw44 : 10/6/2017 1:14 pm : link
In comment 13633025 Giants86 said:
Quote:
He is average at best. Perkins is just lousy.

Let Gallman and Vereen handle that job.


If Richburg was average, I'd be happy.
.  
idiotsavant : 10/6/2017 1:25 pm : link
EE/Pugh/Jones/Halapio\Fluker\Flowers\Ellison

..............Manning......................

..................Gallman..................


(becks/shep)  
idiotsavant : 10/6/2017 1:26 pm : link
.
RE: I saw no noticable difference when Jones came in for Richburg  
BillKo : 10/6/2017 1:38 pm : link
In comment 13632976 PatersonPlank said:
Quote:
Not worried about this one at all.


Having had to watch the game on Redzone, I wasn't aware that Jones had to come in...so he played well? I thought the OL had another game of pass blocking improvement.

These are the things to look for going forward.....who's going to step up, improve, and be a part of 2018.
big  
Les in TO : 10/6/2017 2:09 pm : link
opportunity for Gallman. I like what I've seen from him both last week and in college. I am hoping he can give this team a spark.
No issues. Starters at almost every position have been  
Jimmy Googs : 10/6/2017 4:39 pm : link
underachieving or just plain bad.

Drop off will be meaningless, sadly...

They have been questionable all year !  
Bluesbreaker : 10/6/2017 5:09 pm : link
Vernon and JPP questionable
jeff57 : 11:05 am : link : reply

My nefew huge Dolphins fan said you gonna be disappointed
with OV he battles hard usually come up limping and if
JPP isn't wreaking havoc OV is nowhere to be found ..
They can't beat the guy in front of them while
they double and triple team Snacks it's no wonder he didn't
want to talk to the media ...
Richburg was only good in 2015.  
FStubbs : 10/6/2017 5:10 pm : link
He's been living off of that but he's been pretty bad ever since.
As a backup center/guard, Brett Jones does his job.  
Ira : 10/6/2017 5:56 pm : link
I hope we keep him in that role in the future.
So it's Fluker for JJ  
old man : 10/6/2017 9:12 pm : link
and we get lots of Bromley, Thomas, Wynn, a body, and lots of nickel and dime packages?
Finally some good news  
Vanzetti : 10/6/2017 10:46 pm : link
Now if only Mac and Sully call in sick, Giants will be ready to go.

RE: RE: I saw no noticable difference when Jones came in for Richburg  
smshmth8690 : 10/6/2017 11:52 pm : link
In comment 13633080 BillKo said:
Quote:
In comment 13632976 PatersonPlank said:


Quote:


Not worried about this one at all.



Having had to watch the game on Redzone, I wasn't aware that Jones had to come in...so he played well? I thought the OL had another game of pass blocking improvement.

These are the things to look for going forward.....who's going to step up, improve, and be a part of 2018.


I was annoyed when Jerry got the start at LG over Jones, especially after the turnstile display during the first series. I didn't notice any difference when Jones came in for Richburg, but I haven't gone back and watched a second time.
RE: As somebody said yesterday....  
chopperhatch : 10/7/2017 2:36 am : link
In comment 13632809 Britt in VA said:
Quote:
Here come the injuries. Another indicator of a season spiraling out of control.


How is this season spiralING out of control? Meaning, how exactly is this team in control of how they end up?

This season was over after the Marshall drop > punt return TD against Detroit. This season has long been over. The only reason I watch now is to see if they can lose all their games going into the bye. That will be an interesting week.
Chop  
B in ALB : 10/7/2017 2:38 am : link
You're pissed. I like it.
Avery Moss?  
XBRONX : 10/7/2017 7:44 am : link
Did he trip getting on the practice field?
Back to the Corner