Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

New York Giants - Los Angeles Chargers Pre-Game Discussion

Eric from BBI : Admin : 10/8/2017 10:03 am
It will be interesting to see how short a fuse the fans have today who are attending the game.
...  
Eric from BBI : Admin : 10/8/2017 10:09 am : link
Jordan Raanan‏Verified account @JordanRaanan 56m56 minutes ago

Barring late setback by John Jerry (hammy) expectation is Justin Pugh moves back to LG, Bobby Hart back at RT and Jerry at RG, per source
...  
Eric from BBI : Admin : 10/8/2017 10:09 am : link
Kimberly Jones‏Verified account @KimJonesSports 11m11 minutes ago

Hello from battle of the winless at MetLife Stadium, where temps are in 70s & humidity is in 90s. Steamy. #LACvsNYG
Ian rappaport on nfl network  
micky : 10/8/2017 10:12 am : link
say McAdoos job status is no where near in jeopardy and that owner thinks he's still their guy
From Jordan...  
Eric from BBI : Admin : 10/8/2017 10:13 am : link
"The Giants had a tryout Friday filled with OL (10 of them). Most notable were Cyril Richardson and Jeremiah Poutasi. The full list: G Kareem Are G Willie Beavers G Ethan Cooper G Kaleb Johnson T Cameron Jefferson DT Greg Milhouse T Storm Norton T Jeremiah Poutasi G Cyril Richardson G Kristjan Sokoli G Zach Voytek"
...  
Eric from BBI : Admin : 10/8/2017 10:17 am : link
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 4h4 hours ago

While #Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul (shoulder, knee) is expected to play, DE Olivier Vernon (ankle) is unlikely to do so, sources say.
RE: Ian rappaport on nfl network  
Eric from BBI : Admin : 10/8/2017 10:18 am : link
In comment 13634805 micky said:
Quote:
say McAdoos job status is no where near in jeopardy and that owner thinks he's still their guy


Defenderdawg posted full quote:

Orr NFL.com: Ben McAdoo not on hot seat despite Giants' slow start
"Ben McAdoo is not in trouble," Rapoport reported on NFL GameDay Morning. "The Giants believe he is still a future very successful coach. He actually went to the playoffs last year. This is expected to be just a blip on the radar for the Giants."
Back to the original Oline  
Simms11 : 10/8/2017 10:19 am : link
minus Richburg! This ought to be fun!
RE: Back to the original Oline  
micky : 10/8/2017 10:22 am : link
In comment 13634811 Simms11 said:
Quote:
minus Richburg! This ought to be fun!



world of fun...welcome ladies and gentlemen
Link - ( New Window )
McAdoo has done a bad job  
BigBlueShock : 10/8/2017 10:23 am : link
But along with that, it would be nice if some players start making plays. Stop dropping the ball. Make a block. Make a damn stop on defense after the O gives you a late lead. How about getting some turnovers and getting to the QB?
I am almost at the point where I think it would be better  
robbieballs2003 : 10/8/2017 10:24 am : link
if this whole team implodes. I rarely call for a coach to be fired but this guy is not the guy to lead us. So, being mediocre may be way worse than just completely sucking this year not just because of the draft picks but because we have to waste at least another year with this guy. Plugging up holes on the titanic just delays the fact that the ship is still going down. It is better sometimes to just cut your losses and jump on that small boat. The sooner we move on from McAdoo the better imo. I hope this is just the Giants ownership doing the PR thing to not create any added pressure and really, truly discuss all options honestly.
RE: ...  
smshmth8690 : 10/8/2017 10:24 am : link
In comment 13634802 Eric from BBI said:
Quote:
Jordan Raanan‏Verified account @JordanRaanan 56m56 minutes ago

Barring late setback by John Jerry (hammy) expectation is Justin Pugh moves back to LG, Bobby Hart back at RT and Jerry at RG, per source


Really wanted to see Fluker again at RG, but I'm sure Jerry had a great week of practice, and will dominate the line of scrimmage today.
RE: RE: ...  
jeff57 : 10/8/2017 10:34 am : link
In comment 13634818 smshmth8690 said:
Quote:
In comment 13634802 Eric from BBI said:


Quote:


Jordan Raanan‏Verified account @JordanRaanan 56m56 minutes ago

Barring late setback by John Jerry (hammy) expectation is Justin Pugh moves back to LG, Bobby Hart back at RT and Jerry at RG, per source



Really wanted to see Fluker again at RG, but I'm sure Jerry had a great week of practice, and will dominate the line of scrimmage today.


Jerry has it in his contract that he starts whenever he wants.
aha, the Old Jerry/Hart Combo  
idiotsavant : 10/8/2017 10:38 am : link
because.

Because 'we don't want to pay Pugh tackle money'.

Oh yeah, that makes a shitload of sense.
Did John Jerry  
XBRONX : 10/8/2017 10:39 am : link
graduate from Lecharles Bentley school or did he flunk out?
RE: I am almost at the point where I think it would be better  
McNally's_Nuts : 10/8/2017 10:42 am : link
In comment 13634817 robbieballs2003 said:
Quote:
if this whole team implodes. I rarely call for a coach to be fired but this guy is not the guy to lead us. So, being mediocre may be way worse than just completely sucking this year not just because of the draft picks but because we have to waste at least another year with this guy. Plugging up holes on the titanic just delays the fact that the ship is still going down. It is better sometimes to just cut your losses and jump on that small boat. The sooner we move on from McAdoo the better imo. I hope this is just the Giants ownership doing the PR thing to not create any added pressure and really, truly discuss all options honestly.



I donít think this Giants team wins more than 2-3 games.

The bottom has already fallen off. I do believe they win today because the Chargers are worse. The worst thing that could happen is the Giants going 7-9 because that gives ownership hope.
RE: aha, the Old Jerry/Hart Combo  
section125 : 10/8/2017 10:46 am : link
In comment 13634823 idiotsavant said:
Quote:
because.

Because 'we don't want to pay Pugh tackle money'.

Oh yeah, that makes a shitload of sense.


About as much as your insight.....
RE: RE: I am almost at the point where I think it would be better  
robbieballs2003 : 10/8/2017 10:46 am : link
In comment 13634827 McNally's_Nuts said:
Quote:
In comment 13634817 robbieballs2003 said:


Quote:


if this whole team implodes. I rarely call for a coach to be fired but this guy is not the guy to lead us. So, being mediocre may be way worse than just completely sucking this year not just because of the draft picks but because we have to waste at least another year with this guy. Plugging up holes on the titanic just delays the fact that the ship is still going down. It is better sometimes to just cut your losses and jump on that small boat. The sooner we move on from McAdoo the better imo. I hope this is just the Giants ownership doing the PR thing to not create any added pressure and really, truly discuss all options honestly.




I donít think this Giants team wins more than 2-3 games.

The bottom has already fallen off. I do believe they win today because the Chargers are worse. The worst thing that could happen is the Giants going 7-9 because that gives ownership hope.


I agree. Great things can come out of shitty things/seasons. Without 2003 we never get Eli or TC. Like Saban says, "Don't ever waste a mistake." I love that quote. I just hope ownership follows that and doesn't compound the mistake by letting this drag on like Sinorice Moss, Flowers at LT, etc. Admit the mistake, learn from it, and move forward.
Fluker is so much better than Jerry  
Rjanyg : 10/8/2017 10:50 am : link
Wth?
Fluker can't pass protect. He is good run blocker e/o/m  
rdt288 : 10/8/2017 10:53 am : link
-
Jerry Sucks!!!  
wonderback : 10/8/2017 10:56 am : link
Flucker may suck, we just aren't sure yet. I want to see him play, so I'll know.
RE: Ian rappaport on nfl network  
trueblueinpw : 10/8/2017 11:01 am : link
In comment 13634805 micky said:
Quote:
say McAdoos job status is no where near in jeopardy and that owner thinks he's still their guy


Well, I take this to mean he wonít be fired during the season. But at some point the owners need to decide, either this is a team without sufficient talent or a coach without sufficiant talent. If this is a team with bottom of the league player talent then the losing is not McAdooís fault. Give him an extension! But if this is a team with bottom of the league talent, the Jerry Reese should be on the hot seat. Logic would follow, if this is a team with more talent than whatís reflected in the Giants record, then the problem is McAdoo. Time will tell.
Over/under  
BigBlueShock : 10/8/2017 11:02 am : link
Number of plays before Jerry gets blasted into the backfield like it's his job?

I say play number 2.
How about  
wonderback : 10/8/2017 11:05 am : link
Where he completely whiffs on his man and the runner gets tacked 3 yards in the backfield.
How many sacks  
WillVAB : 10/8/2017 11:12 am : link
Do Bosa and Ingram end up with today? 6?
I've had enough of this  
UberAlias : 10/8/2017 11:13 am : link
It is clear nothing is going to change unless this thing crashes and burns.

At this point I'm all in on 0-16. Can't in good faith root for more of this and nothing but utter failure is going give us hope.
Per Ranaan on Twitter  
JoeMoney19 : 10/8/2017 11:31 am : link
Fantasy Alert: Expectation is Wayne Gallman + Orleans Darkwa will split carries vs #Chargers† 31st-ranked run D.
RE: RE: Ian rappaport on nfl network  
HomerJones45 : 10/8/2017 11:34 am : link
In comment 13634810 Eric from BBI said:
Quote:
In comment 13634805 micky said:


Quote:


say McAdoos job status is no where near in jeopardy and that owner thinks he's still their guy



Defenderdawg posted full quote:

Orr NFL.com: Ben McAdoo not on hot seat despite Giants' slow start
"Ben McAdoo is not in trouble," Rapoport reported on NFL GameDay Morning. "The Giants believe he is still a future very successful coach. He actually went to the playoffs last year. This is expected to be just a blip on the radar for the Giants."
Of course he is not remotely in trouble. The owners would look like morons if they said anything else.
Why the F is Jerry starting?  
Matt M. : 10/8/2017 11:47 am : link
I think the Chargers D is going to dominate the Giants.
RE: Fluker can't pass protect. He is good run blocker e/o/m  
jeff57 : 10/8/2017 11:51 am : link
In comment 13634834 rdt288 said:
Quote:
-

Jerry can't do either.
RE: Why the F is Jerry starting?  
Jimmy Googs : 10/8/2017 11:53 am : link
In comment 13634863 Matt M. said:
Quote:
I think the Chargers D is going to dominate the Giants.


quite the prediction Nostradomus...

Look  
ryanmkeane : 10/8/2017 11:54 am : link
I donít pretend to know a lick about OL coaching, but the fact that the offense has improved week over week and they are now going back to Hart at tackle, is a huge mistake IMO.
Vernon inactive.  
RDJR : 10/8/2017 11:55 am : link
Rivers will have all day to throw today.
Mcadoo is not getting fired  
Clintqb17 : 10/8/2017 11:59 am : link
no matter what happens in my opinion. Can we please stop talking about getting a new coach next year? This guy will be the coach. This time next year we can definitely have this discussion if nothing has changed.
RE: Vernon inactive.  
jeff57 : 10/8/2017 12:01 pm : link
In comment 13634874 RDJR said:
Quote:
Rivers will have all day to throw today.


Avery Moss will pick up the slack.
.  
arcarsenal : 10/8/2017 12:07 pm : link
Unbelievable that he's going right back to this garbage OL configuration. I'm starting to hate this fucking coach.
RE: Over/under  
Jimmy Googs : 10/8/2017 12:08 pm : link
In comment 13634840 BigBlueShock said:
Quote:
Number of plays before Jerry gets blasted into the backfield like it's his job?

I say play number 2.


under
RE: RE: RE: I am almost at the point where I think it would be better  
McNally's_Nuts : 10/8/2017 12:08 pm : link
In comment 13634830 robbieballs2003 said:
Quote:
In comment 13634827 McNally's_Nuts said:


Quote:


In comment 13634817 robbieballs2003 said:


Quote:


if this whole team implodes. I rarely call for a coach to be fired but this guy is not the guy to lead us. So, being mediocre may be way worse than just completely sucking this year not just because of the draft picks but because we have to waste at least another year with this guy. Plugging up holes on the titanic just delays the fact that the ship is still going down. It is better sometimes to just cut your losses and jump on that small boat. The sooner we move on from McAdoo the better imo. I hope this is just the Giants ownership doing the PR thing to not create any added pressure and really, truly discuss all options honestly.




I donít think this Giants team wins more than 2-3 games.

The bottom has already fallen off. I do believe they win today because the Chargers are worse. The worst thing that could happen is the Giants going 7-9 because that gives ownership hope.



I agree. Great things can come out of shitty things/seasons. Without 2003 we never get Eli or TC. Like Saban says, "Don't ever waste a mistake." I love that quote. I just hope ownership follows that and doesn't compound the mistake by letting this drag on like Sinorice Moss, Flowers at LT, etc. Admit the mistake, learn from it, and move forward.


The Giants, atleast the past 10 years have thrown a lot of good money after bad.

Sinorice Moss sucks, so we draft Steve Smith the following year.

We had a great chance in 2009 with 5 picks to really sustain what we had for the past two years. Instead we pretty much whiffed in every pick outside of Hakeem Nicks.
With a crap O-line and a pass funnel D in LAC  
Wreckingcrew : 10/8/2017 12:09 pm : link
It'd be nice if our offensive minded coach utilized more of Vereen in open space. Get him quick hits in the flats with some blockers and do a faux running game if need be. He's clearly the most talented RB on the roster and these 3 yard runs do little to set up 3rd and manageable situations.
Fast Start  
NJLCO : 10/8/2017 12:09 pm : link
I am tired of hearing about we need to start fast. Just asking if we don't score in the 1st quarter another negative on top of all the other shit from the past 4 weeks. Just figure out a way to win the f'n game.
It's never too late to start winning.  
NoPeanutz : 10/8/2017 12:17 pm : link
7 home games left. Just go out there and kick their asses.
Engram goes off today - he's been building for this  
PatersonPlank : 10/8/2017 12:18 pm : link
Today he becomes a fantasy stud.
Popping open brew 1.  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 10/8/2017 12:20 pm : link
Come on Giants. Don't make me kill an entire case by half.
Gallman needs some blocking  
Simms11 : 10/8/2017 12:20 pm : link
Iím not so sure this line will give him much of anything. I donít care if theyíre 31st against the run or not, this line still has to block. Our Oline cures what ails ya and Iím sure theyíll look like the 2000 Ravens today!
RE: .  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 10/8/2017 12:21 pm : link
In comment 13634890 arcarsenal said:
Quote:
Unbelievable that he's going right back to this garbage OL configuration. I'm starting to hate this fucking coach.


Starting? I can't stand the dude. Slick is as stubborn as hell.
RE: RE: Back to the original Oline  
AcidTest : 10/8/2017 12:24 pm : link
In comment 13634814 micky said:
Quote:
In comment 13634811 Simms11 said:


Quote:


minus Richburg! This ought to be fun!




world of fun...welcome ladies and gentlemen Link - ( New Window )


Yikes. Remember that we're facing Bosa and Ingram. We also have no pass rush ourselves. No Vernon, and JPP will likely be even less effective than he has been because of his injuries.
fox pregame  
mdc1 : 10/8/2017 12:24 pm : link
its official we are an embarrassment when you jokes and skits. Show that in the locker room maybe we get a first win.
This is the game that the Giants turn it around  
fivehead : 10/8/2017 12:25 pm : link
They will end up 12-4. The recievers will learn to catch, blockers learn to block, Eli hits his targets, and the defense learns to tackle. All of the fundamentals that these guys learned in peewee football will just start clicking!
RE: RE: RE: RE: I am almost at the point where I think it would be better  
AcidTest : 10/8/2017 12:26 pm : link
In comment 13634893 McNally's_Nuts said:
Quote:
In comment 13634830 robbieballs2003 said:


Quote:


In comment 13634827 McNally's_Nuts said:


Quote:


In comment 13634817 robbieballs2003 said:


Quote:


if this whole team implodes. I rarely call for a coach to be fired but this guy is not the guy to lead us. So, being mediocre may be way worse than just completely sucking this year not just because of the draft picks but because we have to waste at least another year with this guy. Plugging up holes on the titanic just delays the fact that the ship is still going down. It is better sometimes to just cut your losses and jump on that small boat. The sooner we move on from McAdoo the better imo. I hope this is just the Giants ownership doing the PR thing to not create any added pressure and really, truly discuss all options honestly.




I donít think this Giants team wins more than 2-3 games.

The bottom has already fallen off. I do believe they win today because the Chargers are worse. The worst thing that could happen is the Giants going 7-9 because that gives ownership hope.



I agree. Great things can come out of shitty things/seasons. Without 2003 we never get Eli or TC. Like Saban says, "Don't ever waste a mistake." I love that quote. I just hope ownership follows that and doesn't compound the mistake by letting this drag on like Sinorice Moss, Flowers at LT, etc. Admit the mistake, learn from it, and move forward.



The Giants, atleast the past 10 years have thrown a lot of good money after bad.

Sinorice Moss sucks, so we draft Steve Smith the following year.

We had a great chance in 2009 with 5 picks to really sustain what we had for the past two years. Instead we pretty much whiffed in every pick outside of Hakeem Nicks.


Beatty was a good pick. But the rest was a disaster.
Wow. What a complete and utter joke  
prdave73 : 10/8/2017 12:27 pm : link
This coach is turning out to be. I saw it coming from miles away, but now it's very clear.
Giants should  
XBRONX : 10/8/2017 12:32 pm : link
be more balanced today. With Vernon out, both the OL and DL will suck.
What is the OL lineup?  
Rover : 10/8/2017 12:32 pm : link
?
RE: What is the OL lineup?  
AcidTest : 10/8/2017 12:38 pm : link
In comment 13634922 Rover said:
Quote:
?


Flowers. Pugh. Jones. Jerry. Hart.
Uhg  
Bluesbreaker : 10/8/2017 12:46 pm : link
RE: What is the OL lineup?
AcidTest : 12:38 pm : link : reply
In comment 13634922 Rover said:
Quote:
?


Flowers. Pugh. Jones. Jerry. Hart.
Thatís his depth chart established in camp  
Dave on the UWS : 10/8/2017 12:50 pm : link
Of guys are healthy thatís who plays. And when they suck he will use the ďexecutionĒ excuse or ďitís not one guy. Management SHOULD be noticing that he doesnít carry himself like a HC. He sucks as an OC I was hoping he would be better as a HC but he sucks at that worse. Clueless
Starting Fluker against his former team  
UberAlias : 10/8/2017 12:57 pm : link
Would be a smart move. But if course that's not how this team operates.
Papa  
Steve in South Jersey : 10/8/2017 1:03 pm : link
says this is Vernon's first game missed in his career.
Back to the Corner