Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

NFT: ALDS Game 3 CLE @ NYY JUSTWINBABY 7:38 on FS1

DennyInDenville : 10/8/2017 6:28 pm
Win tonight and Sevy will take us to game 5

Gardy
Judge
Sanchez
Didi
Castro
Bird
Frazier
Ellsbury (DH)
Hicks

Let's win .
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 <<Prev | Show All |
RE: I hope the Yanks sign Girardi long term. One mistake isn't gonna  
dpinzow : 10/8/2017 11:18 pm : link
In comment 13638157 yatqb said:
Quote:
sour me on him. He's handled the kids very well, and I think he's a very good manager.

Fans are so ready to get into the blame game, but mistakes happen, even to the best people.


Girardi deserves another 2 years to see this through either to a championship or his dismissal. Unfair to toss him out this year for one poorly managed game when the team under his stewardship exceeded all expectations by getting into the division series
RE: I hope the Yanks sign Girardi long term. One mistake isn't gonna  
yankeeslover : 10/8/2017 11:19 pm : link
In comment 13638157 yatqb said:
Quote:
sour me on him. He's handled the kids very well, and I think he's a very good manager.

Fans are so ready to get into the blame game, but mistakes happen, even to the best people.


I think Girardi has run his course. 10 years is a long time in one place especially NY. I wouldnt be upset either way though.
Girardi  
yankeeslover : 10/8/2017 11:21 pm : link
Needs to stop over managing. thats killing him. hes a great baseball mind and should stop using that damn book of his.
RE: RE: I hope the Yanks sign Girardi long term. One mistake isn't gonna  
dpinzow : 10/8/2017 11:26 pm : link
In comment 13638166 yankeeslover said:
Quote:
In comment 13638157 yatqb said:


Quote:


sour me on him. He's handled the kids very well, and I think he's a very good manager.

Fans are so ready to get into the blame game, but mistakes happen, even to the best people.



I think Girardi has run his course. 10 years is a long time in one place especially NY. I wouldnt be upset either way though.


Not exactly fair since the team was in a slow-motion rebuild from 2012 to now. In years where he had a championship caliber team (2009-2011) he won a ring and got to an ALCS
Whatever the opposite of a rain dance is, we gotta do it  
Greg from LI : 10/8/2017 11:28 pm : link
Leave Tito with a choice between the thoroughly mediocre Josh Tomlin or Bauer on three days rest, which he has never done before.
Good point, Greg.  
yatqb : 10/8/2017 11:29 pm : link
And don't mess with Girardi, Yanks. Don't screw with something that's working.
Thank goodness Fox hired Shrek  
Greg from LI : 10/8/2017 11:33 pm : link
The poor Red Sox were so overlooked for so long!
RE: Good point, Greg.  
yankeeslover : 10/8/2017 11:35 pm : link
In comment 13638185 yatqb said:
Quote:
And don't mess with Girardi, Yanks. Don't screw with something that's working.


LOL. Friday night this board was ready to ship Girardi out of here. all good points here.
RE: Whatever the opposite of a rain dance is, we gotta do it  
section125 : 10/8/2017 11:36 pm : link
In comment 13638180 Greg from LI said:
Quote:
Leave Tito with a choice between the thoroughly mediocre Josh Tomlin or Bauer on three days rest, which he has never done before.


Good point. I was mulling the rain or no rain point and yeah Tomlinson vs Bauer is a no brainer. The Yanks will have a rested Green, Kahnle and Betances for tomorrow. I think that getting pushed tonight has taken Chapman out of the game tomorrow.
RE: RE: Whatever the opposite of a rain dance is, we gotta do it  
BigBlueShock : 10/8/2017 11:42 pm : link
In comment 13638205 section125 said:
Quote:
In comment 13638180 Greg from LI said:


Quote:


Leave Tito with a choice between the thoroughly mediocre Josh Tomlin or Bauer on three days rest, which he has never done before.



Good point. I was mulling the rain or no rain point and yeah Tomlinson vs Bauer is a no brainer. The Yanks will have a rested Green, Kahnle and Betances for tomorrow. I think that getting pushed tonight has taken Chapman out of the game tomorrow.

There is less than zero percent chance that Chapman isn't available tomorrow night in an elimination game
Franconia just announced Bauer is starting tomorrow  
BigBlueShock : 10/8/2017 11:42 pm : link
.
RE: Franconia just announced Bauer is starting tomorrow  
dpinzow : 10/8/2017 11:43 pm : link
In comment 13638223 BigBlueShock said:
Quote:
.


On three days rest in a stadium where he's gotten destroyed in the past
But Bauer did well against the Yanks in NY  
dpinzow : 10/8/2017 11:44 pm : link
the last time, so there's that caveat
RE: RE: Franconia just announced Bauer is starting tomorrow  
DennyInDenville : 10/8/2017 11:46 pm : link
In comment 13638226 dpinzow said:
Quote:
In comment 13638223 BigBlueShock said:


Quote:


.



On three days rest in a stadium where he's gotten destroyed in the past

Pray this rain flys through fast
They need to go the YES postgame sooner.  
bceagle05 : 10/8/2017 11:46 pm : link
Does FOX have to hold us hostage for over an hour?
Sevy has to get himself together and give us his best  
Greg from LI : 10/8/2017 11:49 pm : link
If he's right, he can match anyone. He'll be 100% rested against Bauer who will be sailing in uncharted waters for him.

I'd like to see Bird slotted up to third between Judge and Sanchez.
RE: RE: RE: Whatever the opposite of a rain dance is, we gotta do it  
section125 : 10/8/2017 11:53 pm : link
In comment 13638222 BigBlueShock said:
Quote:
In comment 13638205 section125 said:


Quote:


In comment 13638180 Greg from LI said:


Quote:


Leave Tito with a choice between the thoroughly mediocre Josh Tomlin or Bauer on three days rest, which he has never done before.



Good point. I was mulling the rain or no rain point and yeah Tomlinson vs Bauer is a no brainer. The Yanks will have a rested Green, Kahnle and Betances for tomorrow. I think that getting pushed tonight has taken Chapman out of the game tomorrow.


There is less than zero percent chance that Chapman isn't available tomorrow night in an elimination game


Let's hope they are up 5-0 so they won't need him.
RE: RE: Good point, Greg.  
yatqb : 10/8/2017 11:53 pm : link
In comment 13638199 yankeeslover said:
Quote:
In comment 13638185 yatqb said:


Quote:


And don't mess with Girardi, Yanks. Don't screw with something that's working.



LOL. Friday night this board was ready to ship Girardi out of here. all good points here.


That's because folks are so ready and willing to play the blame game. You know, like our fearless leader.

Booing Girardi tonight is an insult to intelligent fans. Fuck everyone who did so. I hope that each one of them isn't judged on one mistake they make, with folks saying that THEY should lose their job, or their spouse, or whatever else is meaningful to them.
Greg  
Phil in LA : 10/8/2017 11:54 pm : link
I wonder if ARod would be interested in Denbo's spot. He'd probably be great at it.
Phil  
dune69 : 10/8/2017 11:57 pm : link
Has Denbo committed to go to work for Jeter or is that still speculation?
RE: RE: RE: Good point, Greg.  
section125 : 10/9/2017 12:03 am : link
In comment 13638252 yatqb said:
Quote:
In comment 13638199 yankeeslover said:


Quote:


In comment 13638185 yatqb said:


Quote:


And don't mess with Girardi, Yanks. Don't screw with something that's working.



LOL. Friday night this board was ready to ship Girardi out of here. all good points here.



That's because folks are so ready and willing to play the blame game. You know, like our fearless leader.

Booing Girardi tonight is an insult to intelligent fans. Fuck everyone who did so. I hope that each one of them isn't judged on one mistake they make, with folks saying that THEY should lose their job, or their spouse, or whatever else is meaningful to them.


Get off the soap box. Girardi blew it and blew it badly. He deserved to be booed, just the way it is. A chance to beat Kluber and he doesn't look for the replay when Sanchez is telling him it was a foul tip? Getting beat on a pitching change is one thing, not asking for the replay when it costs nothing is a terrible mistake.
Jack Curry takes a little shot  
bceagle05 : 10/9/2017 12:03 am : link
at the Yankee "source" questioning Bird's desire.
section, no soapbox here. You ever made a mistake?  
yatqb : 10/9/2017 12:08 am : link
Would you want people who are supposed to be in your corner to boo you, especially if you've had a "season" like Girardi has had? Thanks for everything, close the door on the way out? I think it would have been classy to cheer him rather than boo him, and it would have actually picked up the team more if the fans did so. But perhaps that's more classy than you are.
RE: If that turns out to be Tanaka's last start in pinstripes  
Kyle in NY : 10/9/2017 12:19 am : link
In comment 13638097 Greg from LI said:
Quote:
He sure went out with a bang.


Hoping beyond hope that he doesn't want to leave the good thing that is being built here. He seems to have a lot of fun with the guys. We need him next season.

But I think there's a good chance he's not done pitching this season. What a performance tonight though. Masterful
yo whoa  
Bill2 : 10/9/2017 12:21 am : link
Yat and section...you guys are amongst our best. Level headed and cool for years.

Greg...agreed and I hope that's what next years lineup holds for us.

bceagle, did not see it but if so...good for him. Needed to be spit back to that clown

I know Jeter wants him  
Phil in LA : 10/9/2017 12:23 am : link
But I think weíll see some reorganization anyway so the Yanks might be able to promote him. Who knows?
RE: yo whoa  
yatqb : 10/9/2017 12:32 am : link
In comment 13638280 Bill2 said:
Quote:
Yat and section...you guys are amongst our best. Level headed and cool for years.

Greg...agreed and I hope that's what next years lineup holds for us.

bceagle, did not see it but if so...good for him. Needed to be spit back to that clown


Bill, I'm just so tired of the blame game that so many of us engage in. Perhaps politics has a big part in my discontent, but to boo a guy who puts everything he has into his job and once in a while fails, but succeeds far more often, seems classless to me. Look in the mirror, folks.
Sanchez blocked a lot of balls in the dirt  
xman : 10/9/2017 12:44 am : link
tonight. Everyone grew up tonight
Hey Filthy?  
Stan in LA : 10/9/2017 1:03 am : link
How'd that sweep work out?

Just askin'...
Stan being Stan  
montanagiant : 10/9/2017 1:18 am : link
LEMON PARTY
Fuck that little Chia pet with a pineapple...  
Dunedin81 : 10/9/2017 1:41 am : link
Bird is who we always thought he was, a guy with patience and power whose hit tool could be .280-.300 if all breaks right.
RE: Fuck that little Chia pet with a pineapple...  
dune69 : 10/9/2017 7:44 am : link
In comment 13638320 Dunedin81 said:
Quote:
Bird is who we always thought he was, a guy with patience and power whose hit tool could be .280-.300 if all breaks right.



It's good to see you post. This place misses your sanity. Bird will be a big part of our young core. His start this season was not as expected but he has had some clutch at bats and big homeruns. Many wanted to quit on Severino and Judge last year. It takes time for a young player.
Letís hope they are drilling the hitters...  
hitdog42 : 10/9/2017 8:06 am : link
Sir on the curve ball sit on the curve ball sit on the curve ball
Still buzzing from that game  
Kyle in NY : 10/9/2017 8:15 am : link
What a night. That stadium sounded like the old place. The way this team had energized the fan base is so cool. And to see the emotion from the players, guys like Bird, Judge, Chapman who are normally so even-keeled, is such a blast. Win or lose, this is already one of my favorite Yankee teams ever.

Now for tonight: On paper I like the matchup. I've seen Bauer get rocked too many times to fully buy into his revival. However, the hitters have to go to school on their game 1 ABs and adjust to that breaking ball. Easier said than done, but hopefully he's not as sharp on short rest.

First inning is going to be huge for Sevy. If he gets through that clean I think he gets on a roll.
What's the weather looking like  
B in ALB : 10/9/2017 8:21 am : link
tonight in the Bronx?
Thank God for the Yankees.  
Dave in Hoboken : 10/9/2017 8:24 am : link
.
Just looked at the roster  
dune69 : 10/9/2017 9:01 am : link
for the Scottsdale Scorpions in the Arizona Fall League. Yanks have 9 players on the roster. First game tomorrow night. Gleyber hit over .400 last year and hopefully another star will be born this year.
The stadium is going to be a pressure cooker tonight  
Dave in PA : 10/9/2017 9:13 am : link
Let's hope Bauer implodes
I just keep thinking that, as good as he was in game 1  
Greg from LI : 10/9/2017 9:16 am : link
Bauer can't keep pitching this well. Mediocre scrubs just don't suddenly become Sandy Koufax overnight in the middle of their 6th season.
==========  
GiantFilthy : 10/9/2017 9:17 am : link
Quote:
Hey Filthy?
Stan in LA : 1:03 am : link : reply
How'd that sweep work out?

Just askin'...

Just fine, why?
RE: I just keep thinking that, as good as he was in game 1  
BigBlueShock : 10/9/2017 9:31 am : link
In comment 13638540 Greg from LI said:
Quote:
Bauer can't keep pitching this well. Mediocre scrubs just don't suddenly become Sandy Koufax overnight in the middle of their 6th season.

It would help if tonight's home plate ump doesn't call a strike simply because Bauer throws a pitch. The ump in his first start was a joke
RE: RE: Fuck that little Chia pet with a pineapple...  
Dunedin81 : 10/9/2017 9:45 am : link
In comment 13638374 dune69 said:
Quote:
In comment 13638320 Dunedin81 said:


Quote:


Bird is who we always thought he was, a guy with patience and power whose hit tool could be .280-.300 if all breaks right.




It's good to see you post. This place misses your sanity. Bird will be a big part of our young core. His start this season was not as expected but he has had some clutch at bats and big homeruns. Many wanted to quit on Severino and Judge last year. It takes time for a young player.


I'm on the road so I don't post very often, but thanks for the kind words. In 2015 we we're rated the 18th best farm by BA. Our top 5 prospects included a future ace, a ROY who could win MVP, a silver slugger catcher, our starting 1B and the centerpiece of the Gray deal. We are in a great spot right now, even if we don't win two more games.
RE: Phil  
Mad Mike : 10/9/2017 11:46 am : link
In comment 13638259 dune69 said:
Quote:
Has Denbo committed to go to work for Jeter or is that still speculation?

It's official.
link - ( New Window )
Surprised Cleveland isn't going with Danny Salazar tonight  
dpinzow : 10/9/2017 11:58 am : link
he's had a difficult year but he was an All-Star last year and might be a better option than a pitcher on 3 days rest
I'd DH Holliday tonight  
DennyInDenville : 10/9/2017 12:13 pm : link
Something about his old man self could come in handy tonight


The bird Homeun last night was the best Yankees moment since 2009 imo
still glowing at Tanaka's performance  
Stu11 : 10/9/2017 12:28 pm : link
one of the clutchest performances I've seen in pinstripes. He had absolutely no margin for error like Musina in 2001 vs. the A's.
RE: still glowing at Tanaka's performance  
dpinzow : 10/9/2017 12:51 pm : link
In comment 13639078 Stu11 said:
Quote:
one of the clutchest performances I've seen in pinstripes. He had absolutely no margin for error like Musina in 2001 vs. the A's.


They almost have to bring him back now
Yeah agreed Tanaka gave us an incredible and clutch start  
DennyInDenville : 10/9/2017 12:53 pm : link
I'd def bring him back. CC also for one more go at it.

Just NEED to stay under $189 and IF Tanaka left, well we would skate under $189 with ease and go into 2019 ready to go absolutely bonkers

For now

We just need Sevy to be Sevy and get us to game 5
yea amazing how sports goes  
Stu11 : 10/9/2017 1:57 pm : link
after an up and down year Tanaka earned himself a lot of $ with that one start last night.
Holliday  
hitdog42 : 10/9/2017 2:01 pm : link
If we go an entire series and our extra bat doesnít see at bats vs Ellsberg and Headley... itís a massive waste.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner