Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

has the war on football jumped the shark

sundayatone : 11/11/2017 9:42 am
by the so called media elites?
Sadly the media  
SuperRonJohnson : 11/11/2017 9:51 am : link
has made football less a game and more a political arena. I love the game for the game not the political BS.
Yes, people on this board included..  
Sean : 11/11/2017 9:53 am : link
1. People say football isnít safe & criticize the NFL for it being such a violent sport.

2. When the NFL takes measures to make the sport safer, those same people who complain about player safety say the product is bad because of the changes.

3. Seahawks-Cardinals had over 13M watch, in comparison, the NBA on TNT had just over 1M watch.

4. TV ratings are down across the board. Viewership is changing, the NFL still gets tremendous ratings compared to other sports.

5. The Giants are 1-7 & have been 7-9, 6-10 & 6-10 in recent years. Easy to bang the NFL sucks drum when your team is awful. Eagle fans arenít complaining about the product.

To be fair, the NFL has gotten too greedy and has over reached with TNF. Iíd anticipate this to be corrected going forward.
RE: Yes, people on this board included..  
sundayatone : 11/11/2017 9:58 am : link
In comment 13685719 Sean said:
Quote:
1. People say football isnít safe & criticize the NFL for it being such a violent sport.

2. When the NFL takes measures to make the sport safer, those same people who complain about player safety say the product is bad because of the changes.

3. Seahawks-Cardinals had over 13M watch, in comparison, the NBA on TNT had just over 1M watch.

4. TV ratings are down across the board. Viewership is changing, the NFL still gets tremendous ratings compared to other sports.

5. The Giants are 1-7 & have been 7-9, 6-10 & 6-10 in recent years. Easy to bang the NFL sucks drum when your team is awful. Eagle fans arenít complaining about the product.

To be fair, the NFL has gotten too greedy and has over reached with TNF. Iíd anticipate this to be corrected going forward.


good points,i brought it up cause i just saw baseball bob costas on cnn doing his bashing football thing.
......  
CoughlinHandsonHips : 11/11/2017 10:12 am : link
Ratings are down. But all Tv ratings are down

NFL is still top dawg by a wide margin
Yes, the same Bob Costas..  
Sean : 11/11/2017 10:26 am : link
whose made millions covering the sport. If Costas is so morally outraged by the NFL, he should have not covered it.
RE: Yes, the same Bob Costas..  
old man : 11/11/2017 11:05 am : link
In comment 13685759 Sean said:
Quote:
whose made millions covering the sport. If Costas is so morally outraged by the NFL, he should have not covered it.


Costa's has a habit of being morally outraged.

That said, CK and the anthem protests, the product( in part the Patriots dominance, the key injuries, key market teams sucking[NYFG,SF,Chicago, GB even before AR going it down])and JJs EE debacle have left a bad taste in the mouths of fans/semi fans/quasi fans/ casual fans...and the CTE reports have provided fodder for opponents of violence.
Give the media an inch of story, they'll milk a mile out of it.
Like A.Cromartie trying to outdo himself in being a baby daddy.
RE: Sadly the media  
JohnB : 11/11/2017 11:48 am : link
In comment 13685717 SuperRonJohnson said:
Quote:
has made football less a game and more a political arena. I love the game for the game not the political BS.


The reason for this is because the game is SO popular that it is now a part of the American conscience, it's bigger than just "sports". They are a part of the fabric of our lives like baseball use to be. And there are responsibilities that go along with being that big. Everyone in the NFL is held to a higher standard than those in the NHL or NBA, I think. It's just goes along with being the biggest, most profitable and the most visible of our sports.

The owners, the players and the fans have to pay a price for being as popular as it is. Of course, it's the owners who reap the benefits and the fans and players who pay most of the cost.
Has "jumped the shark" jumped the shark?  
Gatorade Dunk : 11/11/2017 12:03 pm : link
Or is this a weekly thread theme now?
RE: Has  
sundayatone : 11/11/2017 12:12 pm : link
In comment 13685855 Gatorade Dunk said:
Quote:
Or is this a weekly thread theme now?


you are right,i have jumped the shark too.
The war on football?  
UConn4523 : 11/11/2017 12:24 pm : link
Give me a break. Football is the most popular sport in the country and is finally being outed for how flawed he fake is from the competition straight through to the politics. IMO people can't downgrade the sport enough, especially the NFL.
Sundayatone  
B in ALB : 11/11/2017 12:33 pm : link
Has jumped the shark.
Sean  
joeinpa : 11/11/2017 12:46 pm : link
Great post
Sundayatone  
Reb8thVA : 11/11/2017 4:34 pm : link
Should get eaten by the shark
I'm not watching tomorrow ....  
Manny in CA : 11/11/2017 4:41 pm : link

I just don't think I can take seeing the 49ers sitting during the National Anthem at Levi stadium.

I'll root for the Giants "in absentia", but maybe I shouldn't, 'cause it will hurt their draft standing. What a mess !
Sean  
Rico : 11/11/2017 7:02 pm : link
Awesome post! Rational, thought out, insightful. What the hell are you doing posting that crap on BBI?!?! :-)
This season has given us little to he excited about  
AnyoneButPhilly : 11/11/2017 9:29 pm : link
As giants fans. Even talking about football in general sucks. I wish I could just have a conversation with someone about football without that person bringing up their opinion about anthem protests.
Bob Costas is a smug holier than thou piece of shit  
EricJ : 11/11/2017 9:39 pm : link
who probably never even threw a baseball... ever. He can kiss my ass.
What war on football?  
Ten Ton Hammer : 11/11/2017 9:56 pm : link
.
Hey dummy  
KWALL2 : 11/11/2017 11:20 pm : link
It's ok to have worked for the NFL in some way and make a few comments about the safety of the game.
Costas never threw a ball  
KWALL2 : 11/11/2017 11:21 pm : link
Fuck that guy. He should shut his trap.

Wow.
Did you ever play ball, Max?  
Giants_ROK : 11/11/2017 11:54 pm : link

No, never have. But I make it a little more fun to watch, you see. And after today, whether you're a goat or a hero, you're gonna make me a great story.
Back to the Corner