Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

NFT: Knicks Talk. Noah Activated

Earl the goat : 11/12/2017 9:04 am
Who gets cut ? Who gets traded

First thoughts on cuts
Sessions
Kooz
Beasley

Thoughts on a trade
Do Not Trade KOQ. Way to valuable He’s the key to the second team

Lee could have a lot of trade value with the way he’s been playing
And I think McDermott is the better player and Dotson is ready to burst on the scene. Both of them could easily replace Lee
Will the Knicks actually think about trading Willy?

Any thoughts on what’s going to happen by 5pm today?
Do we need 2 Knicks threads??  
superspynyg : 11/12/2017 9:16 am : link
???
I’d cut Beasley  
Mike in NY : 11/12/2017 9:34 am : link
We have enough other players at his position who deserve looks to see if they are part of the team going forward.
RE: I’d cut Beasley  
robbieballs2003 : 11/12/2017 9:37 am : link
In comment 13686458 Mike in NY said:
Quote:
We have enough other players at his position who deserve looks to see if they are part of the team going forward.


He actually played well last night which was nice to see.
Kuz hasn't played a single minute has he?  
Ten Ton Hammer : 11/12/2017 10:14 am : link
Seems like an obvious choice.
RE: I’d cut Beasley  
Tesla : 11/12/2017 11:29 am : link
In comment 13686458 Mike in NY said:
Quote:
We have enough other players at his position who deserve looks to see if they are part of the team going forward.


Why in the world would you cut a guy who's been a regular in the rotation over a guy who's played about 2 minutes all season in Kuz? There's zero chance of that happening.

It's 90% chance that Kuz is getting cut/traded....10% chance it's Sessions.
I think the knicks are going to wait...  
Italianju : 11/12/2017 11:40 am : link
before trading any rotation piece. Might as well see what this team can do. I dont think Lee's value is going to change much between now and Feb but around the deadline you might have more teams looking to make a move. Id just cut Sessions or Kuz. You feel like your cutting upside with Kuz, but then you remember he is already like 27...
Dont understand this sense of urgency with a trade  
djm : 11/12/2017 11:58 am : link
Cut someone but don't trade anyone unless it's germain to future building and logical. Knicks don't have to trade anyone. And that includes lee. If a deal comes along that makes sense fine. Until then zip it.
RE: Dont understand this sense of urgency with a trade  
Jon in NYC : 11/12/2017 12:02 pm : link
In comment 13686561 djm said:
Quote:
Cut someone but don't trade anyone unless it's germain to future building and logical. Knicks don't have to trade anyone. And that includes lee. If a deal comes along that makes sense fine. Until then zip it.


I generally agree with this, but if Kanter and KOQ are all of a sudden building blocks, Willy and Lee should be able to net them a nice piece to add to the core. Jabari would be an ideal fit imo.
At this point I am guessing it's Kuz  
steve in ky : 11/12/2017 12:06 pm : link
He only dressed once when KP sat out and even then I don't think he ever got on the floor. If he gets cut or traded they wouldn't even miss him where as someone like Sessions while parked on the bench could be important if Jack get hurt.

RE: RE: Dont understand this sense of urgency with a trade  
larryflower37 : 11/12/2017 12:24 pm : link
In comment 13686568 Jon in NYC said:
Quote:
In comment 13686561 djm said:


Quote:


Cut someone but don't trade anyone unless it's germain to future building and logical. Knicks don't have to trade anyone. And that includes lee. If a deal comes along that makes sense fine. Until then zip it.



I generally agree with this, but if Kanter and KOQ are all of a sudden building blocks, Willy and Lee should be able to net them a nice piece to add to the core. Jabari would be an ideal fit imo.


I think Lee is playing his best ball right now and would not trade him. He really fits with this team.
Willy looked really bad last night and you can see why he is out of the rotation. If he keeps putting up those performances he won't have much value.
Kuz is a 10-minute rotation guy on a bad team. Cut him and never look back.

My big piece is how do you get Dotson more minutes?
RE: RE: RE: Dont understand this sense of urgency with a trade  
Jon in NYC : 11/12/2017 12:29 pm : link
In comment 13686589 larryflower37 said:
Quote:
In comment 13686568 Jon in NYC said:


Quote:


In comment 13686561 djm said:


Quote:


Cut someone but don't trade anyone unless it's germain to future building and logical. Knicks don't have to trade anyone. And that includes lee. If a deal comes along that makes sense fine. Until then zip it.



I generally agree with this, but if Kanter and KOQ are all of a sudden building blocks, Willy and Lee should be able to net them a nice piece to add to the core. Jabari would be an ideal fit imo.



I think Lee is playing his best ball right now and would not trade him. He really fits with this team.
Willy looked really bad last night and you can see why he is out of the rotation. If he keeps putting up those performances he won't have much value.
Kuz is a 10-minute rotation guy on a bad team. Cut him and never look back.

My big piece is how do you get Dotson more minutes?


You get Dotson more minutes by trading Lee.

Lee is 32. Willy, THJR, KP, Frank, Dotson, Baker, McD, Kanter all 25 or under. The timelines just don't match up.
RE: RE: I’d cut Beasley  
Mike in NY : 11/12/2017 12:31 pm : link
In comment 13686538 Tesla said:
Quote:
In comment 13686458 Mike in NY said:


Quote:


We have enough other players at his position who deserve looks to see if they are part of the team going forward.



Why in the world would you cut a guy who's been a regular in the rotation over a guy who's played about 2 minutes all season in Kuz? There's zero chance of that happening.

It's 90% chance that Kuz is getting cut/traded....10% chance it's Sessions.


Just because he has played more minutes doesn’t mean he is an improvement. We are a better team on both ends when he doesn’t play. He also prevents McDermott and Dotson from getting minutes
I'd cut Noah  
B in ALB : 11/12/2017 1:11 pm : link
Fuck that guy.
RE: I'd cut Noah  
batman11 : 11/12/2017 1:35 pm : link
In comment 13686633 B in ALB said:
Quote:
Fuck that guy.


This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The season is really long. Obviously lee isn't here long term  
Ten Ton Hammer : 11/12/2017 2:22 pm : link
but I wouldn't worry about Dotson not having minutes. The injuries haven't started yet. Trade lee if you get the right deal, but he's still a good veteran ballplayer and he looks like he's ready to have a good season.

Eventually someone will get hurt or fall into a slump.
Per WOJ:  
LawrenceTaylor56 : 11/12/2017 2:23 pm : link
Knicks waiving Kuz to make room for Noah
Knicks Waived  
Earl the goat : 11/12/2017 2:24 pm : link
Kooz
Kuz is being waived to make room for Noah.  
Ace718 : 11/12/2017 2:24 pm : link
According to Woj.
Why are we keeping Sessions?  
LawrenceTaylor56 : 11/12/2017 2:28 pm : link
And fuck Noah
RE: Why are we keeping Sessions?  
Mike in NY : 11/12/2017 2:32 pm : link
In comment 13686758 LawrenceTaylor56 said:
Quote:
And fuck Noah


Jack has not proven he can stay healthy and they don’t want to be down to Baker and Frank at PG
Independent of Sessions  
Ten Ton Hammer : 11/12/2017 2:32 pm : link
but Kuz wasn't needed, doesn't play, isn't good, and was just eating a roster spot.
RE: RE: Why are we keeping Sessions?  
LawrenceTaylor56 : 11/12/2017 2:34 pm : link
In comment 13686764 Mike in NY said:
Quote:
In comment 13686758 LawrenceTaylor56 said:


Quote:


And fuck Noah



Jack has not proven he can stay healthy and they don’t want to be down to Baker and Frank at PG


I’d call up Burke to replace Sessions anyway.
Noah should still be behind Kanter and O'Quinn  
Ace718 : 11/12/2017 2:36 pm : link
in the pecking order. Has to earn playing time.
RE: The season is really long. Obviously lee isn't here long term  
mfsd : 11/12/2017 2:42 pm : link
In comment 13686744 Ten Ton Hammer said:
Quote:
but I wouldn't worry about Dotson not having minutes. The injuries haven't started yet. Trade lee if you get the right deal, but he's still a good veteran ballplayer and he looks like he's ready to have a good season.

Eventually someone will get hurt or fall into a slump.


Agree with this post...which is also why Noah can contribute. Never going to be worth his contract, but if he can muster up 15-20 minutes of good defense when we play tough bigs it would ease the burden on KP
RE: Noah should still be behind Kanter and O'Quinn  
Furman : 11/12/2017 2:48 pm : link
In comment 13686773 Ace718 said:
Quote:
in the pecking order. Has to earn playing time.


I'm rooting for Noah getting hurt, and hopefully retiring and insurance picks up his contract. Fingers crossed...
RE: Independent of Sessions  
Tesla : 11/12/2017 3:17 pm : link
In comment 13686765 Ten Ton Hammer said:
Quote:
but Kuz wasn't needed, doesn't play, isn't good, and was just eating a roster spot.


Yeah, I didn't get why there was so much discussion about who was getting cut when it was extremely obvious all along.
Yep 28 year  
XBRONX : 11/12/2017 3:24 pm : link
old who has done nothing. Obvious cut.
Kuz stinks.  
Jon in NYC : 11/12/2017 3:38 pm : link
Nice guy, cool story, bad player. It was the right move.
KP - ‘I Wouldn’t Trade Frank for Anybody’  
Ira : 11/12/2017 3:39 pm : link
Good for KP - he's the heart and soul of this Knicks team.
Link - ( New Window )
They  
DanMetroMan : 11/12/2017 5:10 pm : link
Scouted Kuz for 10 years but sadly he’s a sub NBA talent. Pretty clearly nobody was even offering a 2nd rounder for him.
Kanter sticking up for the rookie  
steve in ky : 11/12/2017 8:06 pm : link
Quote:
Knicks center Enes Kanter tweeted support of Ntilikina and provided more Sunday.

“This is my rookie. This is my team. This is my organization. I cannot just let [James] disrespect [Ntilikina] like that,” Kanter said. “Frank’s doing an unbelievable job. Every day he’s working really hard.

“It doesn’t matter if it’s LeBron or whoever it is, I cannot just let him disrespect him like that. The coaches, the GMs, the president, this organization knows what they’re doing. That’s why I was pissed he said that.

“Come on. That’s a rookie. You cannot just say anything like that about him.

“I know LeBron is a really good guy … but why Knicks? There were like [seven] ahead of them.”


Link - ( New Window )
Good for both Kanter and KP  
mfsd : 11/12/2017 8:09 pm : link
for jumping to Franks defense quickly like that. Lot to like about this team.
RE: RE: Noah should still be behind Kanter and O'Quinn  
Jim in Fairfax : 11/12/2017 8:15 pm : link
In comment 13686782 Furman said:
Quote:
In comment 13686773 Ace718 said:


Quote:


in the pecking order. Has to earn playing time.



I'm rooting for Noah getting hurt, and hopefully retiring and insurance picks up his contract. Fingers crossed...


Like every Knicks fan, I wish they had never signed him. But rooting for a guy to have a career ending injury is low class.
RE: RE: RE: Noah should still be behind Kanter and O'Quinn  
steve in ky : 11/12/2017 8:54 pm : link
In comment 13688505 Jim in Fairfax said:
Quote:
In comment 13686782 Furman said:


Quote:


In comment 13686773 Ace718 said:


Quote:


in the pecking order. Has to earn playing time.



I'm rooting for Noah getting hurt, and hopefully retiring and insurance picks up his contract. Fingers crossed...



Like every Knicks fan, I wish they had never signed him. But rooting for a guy to have a career ending injury is low class.


Yeah if you find yourself rooting for someone to get a serious injury you have issues.
Back to the Corner