Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

Eli Apple doesn't give a shit

B in ALB : 11/12/2017 7:33 pm
Relaxing out of bounds once Beatherd is SIX FUCKING YARDS PAST THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE!

Cut this fuckstain tonight.

Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
And looks to me he's closer to covering  
B in ALB : 11/12/2017 8:39 pm : link
The fucking cameramen than an actual football player.

RE: RE: RE: And he wasn't even being blocked!  
riceneggs : 11/12/2017 8:42 pm : link
In comment 13688610 B in ALB said:
Quote:
In comment 13688595 riceneggs said:


Quote:


In comment 13688575 B in ALB said:


Quote:


Wtf are some of you guys looking at?



watch the whole play. OP is just repeating Florio's take



What the fuck is Florios take? I posted a screen shot from my TV.

Fuck off.

He quit. Or he's too stupid to step up. Either way, he's a joke.

Anyone defending this bullshit is brain dead.


https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/929858761690353664
1-7  
spike : 11/12/2017 8:42 pm : link
.
RE: RE: RE: RE: And he wasn't even being blocked!  
B in ALB : 11/12/2017 8:42 pm : link
In comment 13688629 riceneggs said:
Quote:
In comment 13688610 B in ALB said:


Quote:


In comment 13688595 riceneggs said:


Quote:


In comment 13688575 B in ALB said:


Quote:


Wtf are some of you guys looking at?



watch the whole play. OP is just repeating Florio's take



What the fuck is Florios take? I posted a screen shot from my TV.

Fuck off.

He quit. Or he's too stupid to step up. Either way, he's a joke.

Anyone defending this bullshit is brain dead.



https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/929858761690353664


So what? I've never even seen that. What's your point?
And I still haven't seen it  
B in ALB : 11/12/2017 8:43 pm : link
Because you're too stupid to post a link correctly.
RE: And I still haven't seen it  
riceneggs : 11/12/2017 8:48 pm : link
In comment 13688638 B in ALB said:
Quote:
Because you're too stupid to post a link correctly.


you mad at me cause you stole PFTs content?
there were 5 giants closer than apple (3 in front, 2 coming at angle). he wasnt gonna make the tackle is all I'm saying
RE: RE: And I still haven't seen it  
B in ALB : 11/12/2017 8:53 pm : link
In comment 13688657 riceneggs said:
Quote:
In comment 13688638 B in ALB said:


Quote:


Because you're too stupid to post a link correctly.



you mad at me cause you stole PFTs content?
there were 5 giants closer than apple (3 in front, 2 coming at angle). he wasnt gonna make the tackle is all I'm saying


I've never been on a pft website in my life. They probably stole it from me! Heheh.

Apple had a free lane to step up and didn't fucking move. He is shit.
to be fair...  
riceneggs : 11/12/2017 8:56 pm : link
[IMG]http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn135/stephen424/20171112_203838_zpsghkbngkq.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Again  
B in ALB : 11/12/2017 8:56 pm : link
You fail to post a link properly.

I can't with you anymore.
RE: to be fair...  
riceneggs : 11/12/2017 8:58 pm : link
lemme get off my phone and to my cpu so I can post a pic
RE: RE: to be fair...  
Dave in Hoboken : 11/12/2017 8:59 pm : link
In comment 13688700 riceneggs said:
Quote:
lemme get off my phone and to my cpu so I can post a pic


Please do not.
RE: RE: to be fair...  
B in ALB : 11/12/2017 8:59 pm : link
In comment 13688700 riceneggs said:
Quote:
lemme get off my phone and to my cpu so I can post a pic


Don't bother.
RE: Again  
riceneggs : 11/12/2017 9:00 pm : link
In comment 13688693 B in ALB said:
Quote:
You fail to post a link properly.

I can't with you anymore.


obviously I dont spend alot of time on message boards!! sue me
It's all good man  
B in ALB : 11/12/2017 9:02 pm : link
But don't bother trying to excuse Apple's play.

This wasn't the only instance today when he avoided contact. It's an epidemic with him.

He is here for the money only. That's it.

It's not completely uncommon.
RE: It's all good man  
riceneggs : 11/12/2017 9:08 pm : link
In comment 13688716 B in ALB said:
Quote:
But don't bother trying to excuse Apple's play.

This wasn't the only instance today when he avoided contact. It's an epidemic with him.

He is here for the money only. That's it.

It's not completely uncommon.


i already said that he doesnt care...and no1 on the defense does. he sucks to me

but calling him out on this play is just following the narrative, imo

he made no effort, true
but he wasn't going to bust thru 5 other Giants players and make that play

the whole play was doomed from the beginning, with JPP covering the RB outta the backfield
Good thing we draft that Leonard Floyd character  
Modus Operandi : 11/12/2017 9:16 pm : link
With his spindly legs and floppy head.
Was never a player  
Kyle in NY : 11/12/2017 9:16 pm : link
that avoided contact in college. Honestly thought he was good in run support too.

So I don't know where this is coming from. His effort has been pitiful this season and he needs to grow up and be a professional. Disappointing.
Apple is a bust  
Mendenhall : 11/12/2017 9:22 pm : link
and we knew it when he was drafted. Reese got caught with his pants down.
Cursing in the thread title?  
Route 9 : 11/12/2017 9:23 pm : link
You know it's fucking bad
I said it weeks ago  
Sy'56 : 11/12/2017 9:24 pm : link
You don't want guys like Apple on your team
RE: Was never a player  
B in ALB : 11/12/2017 9:27 pm : link
In comment 13688753 Kyle in NY said:
Quote:
that avoided contact in college. Honestly thought he was good in run support too.

So I don't know where this is coming from. His effort has been pitiful this season and he needs to grow up and be a professional. Disappointing.


He's got 15M reasons.

Kid is a joke.
Someone on this site  
Giants_ROK : 11/12/2017 9:34 pm : link
keeps mentioning Apple's upside.

Haven't seen it, yet.
RE: RE: Was never a player  
Kyle in NY : 11/12/2017 9:35 pm : link
In comment 13688782 B in ALB said:
Quote:
In comment 13688753 Kyle in NY said:


Quote:


that avoided contact in college. Honestly thought he was good in run support too.

So I don't know where this is coming from. His effort has been pitiful this season and he needs to grow up and be a professional. Disappointing.



He's got 15M reasons.

Kid is a joke.


He's not the only one
But I disagree with the notion  
Kyle in NY : 11/12/2017 9:37 pm : link
That this is because he's got his money so he's set. He's just an odd dude, always has been. Was a bit coddled. Don't know if he really loves the game
RE: But I disagree with the notion  
B in ALB : 11/12/2017 9:40 pm : link
In comment 13688818 Kyle in NY said:
Quote:
That this is because he's got his money so he's set. He's just an odd dude, always has been. Was a bit coddled. Don't know if he really loves the game


Ok. But you've always been quick to defend the guy. And I get the college bias, of course.

He's not a ball player. He's an afterthought. He's a guy that you watch in the film room and say, we can game this kid. He's not a threat and we can match him up.

It's ridiculous how obvious he's made it. Yet McAdoo doesn't plant his ass.
RE: I said it weeks ago  
Sammo85 : 11/12/2017 9:42 pm : link
In comment 13688775 Sy'56 said:
Quote:
You don't want guys like Apple on your team


Heís the poisoned Apple!!!! What a fairy tale season this has been!
Yet  
Sammo85 : 11/12/2017 9:44 pm : link
Another great ďcharacterĒ find from our crack scouting staff.
RE: RE: But I disagree with the notion  
Kyle in NY : 11/12/2017 9:50 pm : link
In comment 13688827 B in ALB said:
Quote:
In comment 13688818 Kyle in NY said:


Quote:


That this is because he's got his money so he's set. He's just an odd dude, always has been. Was a bit coddled. Don't know if he really loves the game



Ok. But you've always been quick to defend the guy. And I get the college bias, of course.

He's not a ball player. He's an afterthought. He's a guy that you watch in the film room and say, we can game this kid. He's not a threat and we can match him up.

It's ridiculous how obvious he's made it. Yet McAdoo doesn't plant his ass.


Ok, but I'm also the only one in this thread that actually knows the kid a bit and has interacted with him at all. So if I'm not quick to join the witch hunt, I apologize. I agree that his effort has been an absolute joke. I'm just trying to figure out why that is and offer an explanation beyond "oh he's got his money so he doesn't care."

I still believe in the talent. He's pretty young. At the same time he's been an embarrassment professionally this season. So why has that been after at least a somewhat promising rookie season? Just trying to figure that out
Fair enough Kyle  
B in ALB : 11/12/2017 10:32 pm : link
But there's obviously been a dramatic shift since he's turned pro. I'm not doubting that he was a good kid in college I as you say.

But when I see plays like this - and a handful of others dating back to last year - as a coach and former college player, the excuses are extremely limited. And exactly none are justified.
There is no excuse for the effort he's put in  
Kyle in NY : 11/12/2017 10:47 pm : link
this season. None. But I think he's also taking his cues from a number of veterans on that defense who have failed to put in a professional effort since this season fell apart, especially in the secondary

Like I was saying, Eli is a bit of an odd guy. Not a bad kid, just...different. I don't know where his head has been at this season
I expect more out of a first round pick  
B in ALB : 11/12/2017 11:17 pm : link
Influenced by vets to the point of playing and acting like an asshole? Not buying that cop out.

As an aside, I spent some time with Patrick Peterson's dad recently. His team is a shit show too but he's playing his ass off. And he's doing everything else with class (despite blowing up recently because he actually gives a shit).

Not buying the "They made me do it" nonsense.
Eli Apple lives in my building complex. I'll ask him what the heck  
Jim in Hoboken : 11/12/2017 11:21 pm : link
he's doing next time he's taking out the trash.

Another reach pick out of panic by Reese....
Tynes  
montanagiant : 11/12/2017 11:28 pm : link
Quote:
Lawrence Tynes ✔@lt4kicks
Never in my life and I mean never have I ever seen a professional athlete QUIT! Today I saw quit! You only get 1 name in this life, donít ruin it.
7:43 PM - Nov 12, 2017
RE: Tynes  
PatersonPlank : 11/12/2017 11:29 pm : link
In comment 13688998 montanagiant said:
Quote:


Quote:


Lawrence Tynes ✔@lt4kicks
Never in my life and I mean never have I ever seen a professional athlete QUIT! Today I saw quit! You only get 1 name in this life, donít ruin it.
7:43 PM - Nov 12, 2017



Which player is he talking about? It could be many.
If there is anyone on this team that currently gives a shit,  
Dave in Hoboken : 11/12/2017 11:37 pm : link
that just means they're pretty bad at playing football..
RE: RE: Tynes  
montanagiant : 11/13/2017 12:48 am : link
In comment 13689004 PatersonPlank said:
Quote:
In comment 13688998 montanagiant said:


Quote:




Quote:


Lawrence Tynes ✔@lt4kicks
Never in my life and I mean never have I ever seen a professional athlete QUIT! Today I saw quit! You only get 1 name in this life, donít ruin it.
7:43 PM - Nov 12, 2017





Which player is he talking about? It could be many.

That's the point
Apple has been a huge  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 11/13/2017 6:48 am : link
disappointment this season.
That was pathetic  
KWALL2 : 11/13/2017 11:09 am : link
Most guys see a QB running would get excited about a hit to light him up. Apple didn't even bother. Then after he scores he takes a swipe at the ball when the guy is 4 yards into the end zone.

He's a clown.
I have no idea how anyone can sit here  
montanagiant : 11/13/2017 12:20 pm : link
And actually defend this kid and the effort he is putting forth. This is the second game in a row where he purposely shied away from contact and allowed the opposing team to score. There is zero defense for that
I'm not seeing anybody  
Kyle in NY : 11/13/2017 12:22 pm : link
defending the effort he's put forth lately
If we're going to be pissed at Apple  
Now Mike in MD : 11/13/2017 1:07 pm : link
we should be livid at Jenkins. His tackling effort on at least 3 separate plays was awful
How this guy saw the field is mind boggling.  
Keith : 11/13/2017 1:16 pm : link
Just like how Jenkins will get the PT next week. Both of these guys need to be benched immediately. When they watch the film last week and see Apple making a business decision, they don't think that allowing that will hurt the team? He should have been benched right then and there. What kind of message are you sending when you allow that?

Same with JJ this week. He should be benched next week for his effort, or lack thereof.
Wasn't Prince described as kind of an "odd" bird?  
Mr. Bungle : 11/13/2017 1:29 pm : link
Any particular reason why Reese seems to like using 1st-round picks on cornerbacks who have odd, immature, not-sure-if-they-love-the-game personalities?
RE: If we're going to be pissed at Apple  
shockeyisthebest8056 : 11/13/2017 4:07 pm : link
In comment 13690167 Now Mike in MD said:
Quote:
we should be livid at Jenkins. His tackling effort on at least 3 separate plays was awful


The difference is Jenkins actually was trying earlier this season and was playing well. Apple started the season playing badly, then displayed a bad attitude, and now is giving bad effort. That's 3 strikes. He should be out of the starting lineup and deactivated.
RE: RE: RE: And he wasn't even being blocked!  
santacruzom : 11/13/2017 6:11 pm : link
In comment 13688610 B in ALB said:
Quote:

What the fuck is Florios take? I posted a screen shot from my TV.


Florio's take is the same as yours, but was actually posted on PFT one minute after your post. If anything, he's just following YOUR take.
RE: RE: RE: RE: And he wasn't even being blocked!  
B in ALB : 11/13/2017 6:13 pm : link
In comment 13690866 santacruzom said:
Quote:
In comment 13688610 B in ALB said:


Quote:



What the fuck is Florios take? I posted a screen shot from my TV.



Florio's take is the same as yours, but was actually posted on PFT one minute after your post. If anything, he's just following YOUR take.


That's what I thought.

Fuckin Florio.
was this characteristic of Apple  
santacruzom : 11/13/2017 6:15 pm : link
noted at all prior to the draft? I don't recall any discussion of it.
oh shit  
santacruzom : 11/13/2017 6:16 pm : link
it WAS!

Quote:
But Apple was diagnosed with an iron deficiency that prevented him from giving full effort on the field, in the weight room, and in the classroom.

watch me post a link properly - ( New Window )
That is completely different  
Kyle in NY : 11/13/2017 6:48 pm : link
He had a legitimate health issue his freshman year that the OSU docs failed to diagnose for a while. And he was struggling in the weight room and on the practice field as a result

Once it was figured out he had a great spring and took the starting spot heading into his redshirt freshman year. At Ohio State I never noticed any effort issues like what he's put on tape this season
There is no excuse for Apple's play  
LakeGeorgeGiant : 11/13/2017 6:53 pm : link
but let's stop with the nonsense about him being a "panic" selection. That's fucking idiotic. They have a draft board sand he was on top of it.
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner