Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

Parcells Knows

burtmanjack : 11/12/2017 8:31 pm
That quote to Myers says it all.

Mara has already decided that the current front office and coaching regime are gone at the end of the year.
Oh.  
Sarcastic Sam : 11/12/2017 8:32 pm : link
I thought this thread was about the specials at Olive Garden.
What  
Reb8thVA : 11/12/2017 8:32 pm : link
Quote?
Ok..  
EddieNYG : 11/12/2017 8:32 pm : link
What was the quote?

...  
yankees78 : 11/12/2017 8:33 pm : link
wat?
what quote?  
mattlawson : 11/12/2017 8:33 pm : link
.
Even Slade  
mrvax : 11/12/2017 8:33 pm : link
could have told you that.
RE: What  
burtmanjack : 11/12/2017 8:34 pm : link
In comment 13688581 Reb8thVA said:
Quote:
Quote?


During the FOX broadcast Chris Myers reported that he had had Parcells on his radio show this past week, where Tuna stated the following (quoting from memory):

"I have complete faith that the Maras will do what is necessary for the organization and the fans."
Actually  
burtmanjack : 11/12/2017 8:36 pm : link
I believe he used "confidence", not "faith".
Actually, the quote doesnít indicate anything.  
RDJR : 11/12/2017 8:41 pm : link
BP is supportive of ownership, thatís all it means.
RE: Actually, the quote doesnít indicate anything.  
burtmanjack : 11/12/2017 8:44 pm : link
In comment 13688626 RDJR said:
Quote:
BP is supportive of ownership, thatís all it means.


Respectfully disagree. I have no doubt that Mara has already conferred informal with Parcells.

And the express reference to the fans clinches it to me. Totally unnecessary, but very telling.

RE: RE: Actually, the quote doesnít indicate anything.  
RDJR : 11/12/2017 8:48 pm : link
In comment 13688640 burtmanjack said:
Quote:
In comment 13688626 RDJR said:


Quote:


BP is supportive of ownership, thatís all it means.



Respectfully disagree. I have no doubt that Mara has already conferred informal with Parcells.

And the express reference to the fans clinches it to me. Totally unnecessary, but very telling.


You think John Mara consults with BP about the football operation? I have no idea one way or the other, but that would surprise me.
I must say this about Chris Meyers  
Larry in Pencilvania : 11/12/2017 8:50 pm : link
He has an awesome toupee

RE: RE: RE: Actually, the quote doesnít indicate anything.  
burtmanjack : 11/12/2017 8:58 pm : link
In comment 13688660 RDJR said:
Quote:
In comment 13688640 burtmanjack said:


Quote:


In comment 13688626 RDJR said:


Quote:


BP is supportive of ownership, thatís all it means.



Respectfully disagree. I have no doubt that Mara has already conferred informal with Parcells.

And the express reference to the fans clinches it to me. Totally unnecessary, but very telling.




You think John Mara consults with BP about the football operation? I have no idea one way or the other, but that would surprise me.


If he is smart, he is conferring with Parcells and others about possible GM and coaching hires. Not unique to NYG.
MARA DOESN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO  
Arkbach : 11/12/2017 9:08 pm : link
This is the first time John has to make decisions that fundamentally change the franchise. Up to now, it's been his daddy's team. Reese was promoted by Accorsi who was Well's GM after GY. Now John has to make his own mark. He's scared.
Thanks bro!  
chopperhatch : 11/12/2017 9:41 pm : link
The quote doesn't mean a fucking thing  
djm : 11/12/2017 9:47 pm : link
..
RE: MARA DOESN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO  
djstat : 11/12/2017 10:51 pm : link
In comment 13688731 Arkbach said:
Quote:
This is the first time John has to make decisions that fundamentally change the franchise. Up to now, it's been his daddy's team. Reese was promoted by Accorsi who was Well's GM after GY. Now John has to make his own mark. He's scared.
. Ernie Accorsi promoted Reese? Ummmm ok.
djstat: Strictly speaking, that's true.  
Big Blue Blogger : 11/12/2017 10:59 pm : link
Accorsi did promote Reese - to Director of Player Personnel, in 2003. EA's input probably also influenced the choice of his successor in 2007, although that obviously wasn't his call.
If only Bill P  
Beer Man : 11/13/2017 3:34 am : link
wasn't so f-ing old. This team could sure use a big serving of the Tuna
Back to the Corner