Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

Boomer Esiason This Morning

Emil : 11/13/2017 7:21 am
Hard to argue with anything he is saying, and it echoes a lot of what BBI has been saying for the past 12 hours.

- He thinks Eli Apple is the unnamed source and is using his mother's connections with ESPN to funnel information. If true, the young man cannot be on the team next year. He should be benched for his lackluster play anyway.

- The last two games are not on the offense, they have played hard. Last two games are on the defense and unwillingness to play hard.

- He thinks there are players the Giants need to just flat out cut between now and next season. Team can't win with players who are willing to quit on themselves and each other.
Addition by subtraction cutting a lot of these guys  
Sean : 11/13/2017 7:24 am : link
.
Don't disagree  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 11/13/2017 7:25 am : link
with any of that.
Unfortunately ....  
Beer Man : 11/13/2017 7:27 am : link
In todayís salary cap era you canít just cut players without tying up dead money. Either way the team loses.
.  
Danny Kanell : 11/13/2017 7:29 am : link
Heís not wrong.
I agree completely.......  
GiantBlue : 11/13/2017 7:29 am : link
If it is true about Apple or any other player who lacks the heart to go to battle for your teammates if nothing else....

I would cut him today!

In fact, I would love to see what the Giants would look like this week if Parcells was still the coach. The cancers would be gone before their pampered butts hit the runway back in NJ!

But anymore the inmates run the asylum.

The days of tough coaching are over. They are considered dinosaurs and the PC coaches are now roaming the sidelines.
Apple looks more confused to me about responsibilities  
Peter from NH (formerly CT) : 11/13/2017 7:32 am : link
at times than unwilling. Not that it doesn't lead to the same place.
offense playing hard  
fkap : 11/13/2017 7:33 am : link
is not the same as playing effectively. The O is pretty banged up, so a little leeway can be granted, but even if the D showed up, it's still rather iffy that we can score enough points to win.

I think there's a lot of D plays hard for a little bit, sees the O is going to be anemic once again, and just goes through the motions the rest of the game.
Defense giving up to force replacement  
Jimmy Googs : 11/13/2017 7:35 am : link
of both Mac and Eli
is it possible  
sundayatone : 11/13/2017 7:41 am : link
josinas source is odell?
I really, really hate speculating about  
Beezer : 11/13/2017 7:49 am : link
which player/players it may be, funneling things to the media.

But Apple makes more sense to me than anyone else I can think of right now. Seems like a very immature dude.
It was Colonel Mustard in the ballroom  
Jimmy Googs : 11/13/2017 7:51 am : link
with the lead pipe.

Who cares...in about 2 weeks everybody on the team will be doing it publicly.
Which players?  
jeff57 : 11/13/2017 7:58 am : link
.
I thought it was a coughlin  
CMicks3110 : 11/13/2017 8:03 am : link
Guy who was the source
.....  
Route 9 : 11/13/2017 8:05 am : link
If Boomer is right about the Apple theory, and if, I knew it back then that "outspoken mom" thing would be a problem. Just a very weird thing that people were defending (even on here), just seemed as if there would be a circus like atmosphere approaching.

Even after she said (or tweeted) the first two things, NFL Network had her on there doing an interview and I even remember her having a couple articles on what she was saying. Who cares? She got very annoying quickly.
You don't cut Janoris Jenkins.  
Powerclean765 : 11/13/2017 8:08 am : link
He was getting props as the best CB in football last year.

CB's are mercurial just like WRs.

If the team has a competent HC none of this happens. These guys aren't robots - McAdoo is as bad a coach as you will ever see at this level and this is what happens in the pros. They are doing what's necessary to get him out and Jenkins is one of the few players in a position to do so without hurting his bottom line.
Jerry Reese  
dank41 : 11/13/2017 8:12 am : link
drafted a bunch of little bitches.
RE: is it possible  
riceneggs : 11/13/2017 8:16 am : link
In comment 13689179 sundayatone said:
Quote:
josinas source is odell?


could be. i know she's mentioned a couple times that they text each other

but i wish she'd stop snitching tho
RE: You don't cut Janoris Jenkins.  
riceneggs : 11/13/2017 8:19 am : link
In comment 13689242 Powerclean765 said:
Quote:
He was getting props as the best CB in football last year.

CB's are mercurial just like WRs.

If the team has a competent HC none of this happens. These guys aren't robots - McAdoo is as bad a coach as you will ever see at this level and this is what happens in the pros. They are doing what's necessary to get him out and Jenkins is one of the few players in a position to do so without hurting his bottom line.


true words.
i don't care who you are, its hard to give 100% at something when you're not playing for anything. people are just trying to stay healthy at this point. the season was over after week 3.

Jenkins is one of the top CB in the league, when motivated.
He is 100% correct  
SomeFan : 11/13/2017 8:24 am : link
Players, coaches, management need to be purged. If only we can do the same with the decision making of the Maras.
If Eli Apple is the unnamed source  
GiantSteps : 11/13/2017 8:44 am : link
one could make the argument that he's a bad Apple
Thats the irony  
Stu11 : 11/13/2017 9:03 am : link
these defensive players that have quit on McAdoo think they are getting it over on him, when in fact they are making horse's asses out of themselves. The Thankfully I was reffing basketball and spared for once the waste of time watching that debacle yesterday, but that display of effort and tackling on the 49'er TD's was beyond embarrassing. To call it high school level would be an insult to high schoolers every where.
RE: RE: is it possible  
BigBlueinChicago : 11/13/2017 9:09 am : link
In comment 13689260 riceneggs said:
Quote:
In comment 13689179 sundayatone said:


Quote:


josinas source is odell?



could be. i know she's mentioned a couple times that they text each other

but i wish she'd stop snitching tho


You're asking her to not do her job?
I've been saying since Week 1 that the defense was getting a free pass  
Victor in CT : 11/13/2017 9:09 am : link
They need a real HC, someone who has been one at some level. Not some third rate hack who was a position coach to bring his shitty offense here.
Offense playing hard and still can't score.  
Tom from LI : 11/13/2017 9:10 am : link
so who do you cut and who takes their place?

Its easy to say, cut this person and fire this coach. There are ramifications to that.

With the right coach in place could the defense rebound? Maybe.

There is something going on in the locker room that we don't know about here.

Here is what we know as fans and you have to take every report with a grain of salt.

1. The offense although a tad bit better than earlier in the season still can't score more than 17 ... (late touchdown yesterday was a mop up time score.) This is scheme and not tailoring your system to your players strengths is the root of of one of the main issues.


2. Why does it always take 5 to 7 games year after year for this team to gel. We always seem to gel when its too late.

3. The Defense has flat out quit.

4. It would be nice for the offense to step up and carry the team despite what the defense is doing. We don't see that happening.

5. Ben and Jerry seemed pretty pleased with themselves after last year when the only 2 differences were the team was historically healthy and they were getting the lucky bounce and winning games they were losing the year prior. Nothing was fixed.

6. in a league made for offensive production and scoring, we do neither.

7. Mac got this position because of Odell's productivity. If we did not draft Odell, chances are we don't have Mac as a coach.

8. we have only won one game without Odell. Yet when he was in it seemed Mac's game plan was for the defense to keep it close and hope for a big Odell play to win the game.

So we can say get rid of this player, fire this coach. That is a major knee jerk reaction to which I wouldn't trust this regime to get right. If I was Mara, I would tell them they cannot cut anybody. I would reassign Reese (I doubt he gets fired) and start looking for a replacement.

Let Mac finish this out. We end up 1 & 15 so be it. At least we will draft 2nd. We just can't screw this draft up with reaches. Jerry has to be removed from that position.



Isn't Boomer contradicting himself?  
BillKo : 11/13/2017 9:13 am : link
He was hard on Manning last Monday, said he missed throws, fumbled, etc..............
Well...  
ryanmkeane : 11/13/2017 9:18 am : link
regardless of how shitty the situation is, that's pretty messed up for Boomer to suggest Apple/his mom are the culprit without any evidence. He just threw that out there?
RE: RE: RE: is it possible  
riceneggs : 11/13/2017 9:25 am : link
In comment 13689409 BigBlueinChicago said:
Quote:
In comment 13689260 riceneggs said:


Quote:


In comment 13689179 sundayatone said:


Quote:


josinas source is odell?



could be. i know she's mentioned a couple times that they text each other

but i wish she'd stop snitching tho



You're asking her to not do her job?


i guess I'm saying that I wish snitching wasn't a job
Boomer  
afann : 11/13/2017 9:35 am : link
Is a jackass. What if itís not Apple? Nothing like calling out the wrong person. He is just guessing
RE: RE: RE: RE: is it possible  
BigBlueinChicago : 11/13/2017 9:38 am : link
In comment 13689479 riceneggs said:
Quote:
In comment 13689409 BigBlueinChicago said:


Quote:


In comment 13689260 riceneggs said:


Quote:


In comment 13689179 sundayatone said:


Quote:


josinas source is odell?



could be. i know she's mentioned a couple times that they text each other

but i wish she'd stop snitching tho



You're asking her to not do her job?



i guess I'm saying that I wish snitching wasn't a job


I'm not sure what your point is. Someone close to the team is feeding her information that sure as hell looks to be true when you watch the games. The players and coaches saying the information is "fake" sure doesn't hold water now does it?

In fact, the defense and coaches seemed to be far more passionate about finding out the "leakers" than tackling yesterday.
Boomer has be imey  
joeinpa : 11/13/2017 9:49 am : link
One of my favorite listens. He s so much better without Carton

Plus he is great with Simms on Inside the NFL.
Absolutely Ridiculous To Speculate That Apple...  
Jim in Tampa : 11/13/2017 10:36 am : link
is the one talking to ESPN, just because of his mom's connections, as if no other player could find a way to get a message to an ESPN reporter.

Could it be Apple? Of course it could, but why speculate without even a shred of evidence?
Apple's mother is undergoing brain surgery  
njm : 11/13/2017 10:41 am : link
Possibly this week. I find it hard to believe that in the midst of that she's funneling information to ESPN
Here's video of Boomer and his Apple speculation  
FranknWeezer : 11/13/2017 12:57 pm : link
FWIW...
Boomer on Apple - ( New Window )
RE: .....  
montanagiant : 11/13/2017 1:04 pm : link
In comment 13689235 Route 9 said:
Quote:
If Boomer is right about the Apple theory, and if, I knew it back then that "outspoken mom" thing would be a problem. Just a very weird thing that people were defending (even on here), just seemed as if there would be a circus like atmosphere approaching.

Even after she said (or tweeted) the first two things, NFL Network had her on there doing an interview and I even remember her having a couple articles on what she was saying. Who cares? She got very annoying quickly.

There were a few of us that pointed out she was going to be a problem back when she pulled that first BS move. We proceeded to get killed on here for pointing out the possibility of her being a problem
RE: Apple's mother is undergoing brain surgery  
montanagiant : 11/13/2017 1:06 pm : link
In comment 13689754 njm said:
Quote:
Possibly this week. I find it hard to believe that in the midst of that she's funneling information to ESPN

He didn't imply that it is being funneled through her, he pointed out that because of her ties to ESPN Eli Apple would have some of them also
RE: RE: Apple's mother is undergoing brain surgery  
njm : 11/13/2017 1:44 pm : link
In comment 13690163 montanagiant said:
Quote:
In comment 13689754 njm said:


Quote:


Possibly this week. I find it hard to believe that in the midst of that she's funneling information to ESPN


He didn't imply that it is being funneled through her, he pointed out that because of her ties to ESPN Eli Apple would have some of them also


I didn't hear Boomer, so he may well not have implied it. But some folks on this thread sure as hell are.
wasnt the original complaint about how coughlin was better?  
PerpetualNervousness : 11/13/2017 1:50 pm : link
which apple couldn't know, since he wasn't on the team when coughlin was here.
Boomer has no connections with the Giants  
eclipz928 : 11/13/2017 1:58 pm : link
and likes to make wild speculations without any real sources. People need to stop thinking he has any credibility on these things.
Fuck Apple  
Bluesbreaker : 11/13/2017 2:12 pm : link
should have took Hargreaves who will have a better career !
The BS we had to put up with his loud mouth mother was bad enough .
The offense didn't score any points in the 2nd half until the game was  
shockeyisthebest8056 : 11/13/2017 2:53 pm : link
over (I know they missed the easy FG). Their effort isn't questionable, but their execution and performance is still rather shitty the past few weeks.
Annie Apple chimes in and says it wasn't her and Eli talking to Josina  
FranknWeezer : 11/13/2017 4:55 pm : link
Quote:
Annie Apple‏Verified account
@SurvivinAmerica
Follow Follow @SurvivinAmerica
More Annie Apple Retweeted 🔌
This is first and last time I will address this blatantly false narrative. Eli Apple doesnít do side media convos. Weíve more important focus than gossip. Iíve never said 1 word to @JosinaAnderson EVER! Plz tell these fools I donít know u & my son doesnít mess with you like that

Annie Apple response on twitter - ( New Window )
RE: The offense didn't score any points in the 2nd half until the game was  
SethFromAstoria : 11/13/2017 5:10 pm : link
In comment 13690437 shockeyisthebest8056 said:
Quote:
over (I know they missed the easy FG). Their effort isn't questionable, but their execution and performance is still rather shitty the past few weeks.


Did you actually watch the game?

2 10 play drives, only 1 punt people are insane.
RE: RE: The offense didn't score any points in the 2nd half until the game was  
shockeyisthebest8056 : 11/13/2017 7:00 pm : link
In comment 13690771 SethFromAstoria said:
Quote:

Did you actually watch the game?

2 10 play drives, only 1 punt people are insane.



Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm... did YOU watch the game? They punted 3 times just in the second half and didn't score any points until the game had been decided already (granted, that was Rosas' fault).
RE: RE: .....  
Ten Ton Hammer : 11/13/2017 7:10 pm : link
In comment 13690159 montanagiant said:
Quote:
In comment 13689235 Route 9 said:


Quote:


If Boomer is right about the Apple theory, and if, I knew it back then that "outspoken mom" thing would be a problem. Just a very weird thing that people were defending (even on here), just seemed as if there would be a circus like atmosphere approaching.

Even after she said (or tweeted) the first two things, NFL Network had her on there doing an interview and I even remember her having a couple articles on what she was saying. Who cares? She got very annoying quickly.


There were a few of us that pointed out she was going to be a problem back when she pulled that first BS move. We proceeded to get killed on here for pointing out the possibility of her being a problem


And has she been a problem? What is it that you're fishing for credit for?
Back to the Corner