Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

NFT: NBA: Cavaliers (6-7) vs Knicks (7-5) 730p

LawrenceTaylor56 : 11/13/2017 7:15 pm
Noah not active tonight. We should dominate on the boards. Hoping KP goes for 50 tonight on LeGM

Projected starting lineups

Shumpert-JR Smith-James-Crowder-Love

vs

Sweaty Morpheus-Lee-THJ-KP-Kanter
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 <<Prev | Show All |
I never understand how he slides around and gets open  
Ten Ton Hammer : 11/13/2017 10:03 pm : link
and he's done it forever. It's like they forget that he's on the court.

26 from THJ
20 from kanter
A really horrible and inefficient 20 from KP.

Somebody else had to step up and they didn't. Jack and Frank combined for 9 points. Not killing them, but that's the game, basically.
kp really had a shit game  
nygiants16 : 11/13/2017 10:03 pm : link
2 rebounds right over his head down the stretch
Korver's three that rimmed in on that crazy bounce  
bceagle05 : 11/13/2017 10:04 pm : link
was the killer. Lee had just hit one to put them up seven, and needed a stop there. Oh well.
I can't  
Jon in NYC : 11/13/2017 10:04 pm : link
stand that pussy ass bitch lebron.
That one  
Carl in CT : 11/13/2017 10:04 pm : link
Hurt bad.
Hardaway didn't box out the shooter  
GentleGiant : 11/13/2017 10:05 pm : link
something they teach in 4th grade
RE: they could have put Frank in to start the 4th qtr  
Ten Ton Hammer : 11/13/2017 10:05 pm : link
In comment 13691378 GentleGiant said:
Quote:
and he could have played Korver instead of Lee. Jack could have gotten his minute in garbage time. Hornacek lost this game


Frank played 24 minutes and had 2 assists, 3 turnovers and 7 points. That's not good enough. Love the steals and the defense, but he wasn't saving them.
KOQ  
Beezer : 11/13/2017 10:05 pm : link
How many minutes there? Didnít seem like many.
Love Frank on D  
Carl in CT : 11/13/2017 10:05 pm : link
But he has to shoot it when he is that open. Has too.
no excuse putting Kanter on the bench  
GentleGiant : 11/13/2017 10:07 pm : link
for Thomas. Frank had an open 3 that he punked out on and drove the lane for a turnover. He makes that the Knicks win. Gotta take the shot that's given, not the shot you want.
Ntilikina passed up several chances to either  
mfsd : 11/13/2017 10:07 pm : link
drive or shoot on offense down the stretch. Heís 19...but will need to learn how to take over the offense on the nights KP canít get it done
Not going to belabor this loss.  
Beezer : 11/13/2017 10:08 pm : link

We need a different sAying than ďtrust the process,Ē but this team is still fighting. I agree with the comment that Jeff needs to own this one. Frank on Korver early fourth and you never know.
RE: Love Frank on D  
widmerseyebrow : 11/13/2017 10:08 pm : link
In comment 13691391 Carl in CT said:
Quote:
But he has to shoot it when he is that open. Has too.


Yup. He was way too tentative with some good looks.
RE: KOQ  
Ten Ton Hammer : 11/13/2017 10:08 pm : link
In comment 13691390 Beezer said:
Quote:
How many minutes there? Didnít seem like many.


3 fouls in 58 seconds killed his night.
RE: RE: they could have put Frank in to start the 4th qtr  
GentleGiant : 11/13/2017 10:09 pm : link
In comment 13691389 Ten Ton Hammer said:
Quote:
In comment 13691378 GentleGiant said:


Quote:


and he could have played Korver instead of Lee. Jack could have gotten his minute in garbage time. Hornacek lost this game



Frank played 24 minutes and had 2 assists, 3 turnovers and 7 points. That's not good enough. Love the steals and the defense, but he wasn't saving them.


Jack was awful tonight. He couldn't handle the pressure in the 1st qtr. Off night.
The only word that I can think of to describe LeBron is Cunt...  
Bchurch : 11/13/2017 10:11 pm : link
That loss hurts.. we fucking shit the bed and KP was off all night. I really really hope we bounce back and play better. Last year we started off playing decent and the we all know what happened.
RE: KOQ  
Canton : 11/13/2017 10:11 pm : link
In comment 13691390 Beezer said:
Quote:
How many minutes there? Didnít seem like many.


Usually bringing the energy but had a stinker tonight
Can't believe the defense JR Smith finally decided to play.  
bceagle05 : 11/13/2017 10:12 pm : link
What a waste of talent.
Iím going to take every opportunity  
Beezer : 11/13/2017 10:12 pm : link
to enjoy the inevitable decline of Lebron Jamesí skills.

Never have liked him. Such a bitch.
RE: RE: RE: they could have put Frank in to start the 4th qtr  
Ten Ton Hammer : 11/13/2017 10:18 pm : link
In comment 13691398 GentleGiant said:
Quote:
In comment 13691389 Ten Ton Hammer said:


Quote:


In comment 13691378 GentleGiant said:


Quote:


and he could have played Korver instead of Lee. Jack could have gotten his minute in garbage time. Hornacek lost this game



Frank played 24 minutes and had 2 assists, 3 turnovers and 7 points. That's not good enough. Love the steals and the defense, but he wasn't saving them.



Jack was awful tonight. He couldn't handle the pressure in the 1st qtr. Off night.


Frustrating because even an average game by either one makes this a win.
on Lebron's last free throw  
GentleGiant : 11/13/2017 10:20 pm : link
why is Kanter not out there? Best rebounder on the team and you don't put him out there to give the Knicks one last chance? I don't even understand why 2 guards are halfway down court
RE: on Lebron's last free throw  
mfsd : 11/13/2017 10:25 pm : link
In comment 13691411 GentleGiant said:
Quote:
why is Kanter not out there? Best rebounder on the team and you don't put him out there to give the Knicks one last chance? I don't even understand why 2 guards are halfway down court


Great question
Lebron trying to punk a 19 year old rookie PG  
widmerseyebrow : 11/13/2017 10:28 pm : link
Did that just seem sad to anyone else?
That sucked  
djm : 11/13/2017 10:29 pm : link
Oh well bounce back please.
one thing as a positive  
nygiants16 : 11/13/2017 10:30 pm : link
knicks should of won this game and kp played bad, this team has heart, i dont think they will turn on each othrr like last year
From Bondy  
ajr2456 : 11/13/2017 10:33 pm : link
Enes Kanter reiterates he wonít take LeBron talking about his rookie: ďI️ donít care what you call yourself ó King, Queen, Princess.Ē
RE: From Bondy  
mfsd : 11/13/2017 10:35 pm : link
In comment 13691424 ajr2456 said:
Quote:
Enes Kanter reiterates he wonít take LeBron talking about his rookie: ďI️ donít care what you call yourself ó King, Queen, Princess.Ē


Iím sure Kanter is pissed about the loss, but he should really let it go now. He did his job by playing the enforcer, but ongoing shots at LeBron serve no purpose
Kanter is a talker.  
Ten Ton Hammer : 11/13/2017 10:38 pm : link
That's part of who he is. It will get old soon enough.
RE: RE: From Bondy  
ajr2456 : 11/13/2017 10:40 pm : link
In comment 13691427 mfsd said:
Quote:
In comment 13691424 ajr2456 said:


Quote:


Enes Kanter reiterates he wonít take LeBron talking about his rookie: ďI️ donít care what you call yourself ó King, Queen, Princess.Ē



Iím sure Kanter is pissed about the loss, but he should really let it go now. He did his job by playing the enforcer, but ongoing shots at LeBron serve no purpose


Im fine with it, it seems like something that will bring them together
next up is Utah on Wednesday at the Garden -  
Del Shofner : 11/13/2017 10:42 pm : link
Utah is at home against Minnesota tonight.
RE: Lebron trying to punk a 19 year old rookie PG  
bceagle05 : 11/13/2017 10:43 pm : link
In comment 13691418 widmerseyebrow said:
Quote:
Did that just seem sad to anyone else?


Yeah, you'd hope a legend and a champion would behave like one. Wasn't like Frank mouthed off and created some controversy - Lebron stirred this whole thing up.
Let it go?  
Carl in CT : 11/13/2017 10:44 pm : link
I love what he said! Bringing back some old school there. Balls!
RE: next up is Utah on Wednesday at the Garden -  
nygiants16 : 11/13/2017 10:46 pm : link
In comment 13691440 Del Shofner said:
Quote:
Utah is at home against Minnesota tonight.


no gobert is a big loss..

will be interesting to see how knicks come out
RE: RE: Lebron trying to punk a 19 year old rookie PG  
nygiants16 : 11/13/2017 10:46 pm : link
In comment 13691444 bceagle05 said:
Quote:
In comment 13691418 widmerseyebrow said:


Quote:


Did that just seem sad to anyone else?



Yeah, you'd hope a legend and a champion would behave like one. Wasn't like Frank mouthed off and created some controversy - Lebron stirred this whole thing up.


remember jordan and pippen basically making kukoc life hell in that olympic game because they didnt want the bulls to sign him...
KP had a bad game.  
LawrenceTaylor56 : 11/13/2017 10:49 pm : link
The two missed free throws at the end were the exclamation point.
RE: Let it go?  
mfsd : 11/13/2017 10:51 pm : link
In comment 13691445 Carl in CT said:
Quote:
I love what he said! Bringing back some old school there. Balls!


OK Iím with you guys on this. And Lebron is the one who made it personal with Kanter, Kanters original reply was pretty tame
Dang, I wanted that one.  
PhiPsi125 : 11/13/2017 10:53 pm : link
Lebron is tough enough but, damn, he plays by a whole different set of rules. Letís see how they bounce back.
in a call back to last year....  
Enzo : 11/13/2017 11:01 pm : link
one lousy rebound for Lance.
Nice read here to help shake off the loss  
mfsd : 11/13/2017 11:01 pm : link
written before tonightís game, obviously, but bodes well for the rest of the season

ďDo the math. From the OKC deal alone, the Knicks decreased three shot attempts per game while increasing floor percentage by a hall of fame number (+.167). The duo is also currently combining for over 22 points a night, a number that basically equals Meloís ouput from a season ago.Ē


Link - ( New Window )
The Knicks were garbage in the 4th quarter  
PaulBlakeTSU : 11/14/2017 12:40 am : link
but I have to say, the first three quarters were as exciting the Knicks have been in a very, VERY long time.

As far as how Korver gets open: he may not be fast and explosive compared with other NBA players, but he has ridiculous endurance and keeps running and cutting all game. If he has steps on a guy, he can weave through the players and get his defender screened for a quick look. He's really fun to watch off-ball.
Lebron is a complete weirdo  
moespree : 11/14/2017 12:59 am : link
The most sensitive star I've ever seen in any sport I think. Picking on a 19 year old rookie and then trying to bully him around the court is bizarre. Even Wade was looking at Lebron like WTF are you doing when the altercation happened. He goes off on these weird and random tangents all the time that just make him like a very strange man.
RE: Lebron is a complete weirdo  
Ten Ton Hammer : 11/14/2017 1:06 am : link
In comment 13691516 moespree said:
Quote:
The most sensitive star I've ever seen in any sport I think. Picking on a 19 year old rookie and then trying to bully him around the court is bizarre. Even Wade was looking at Lebron like WTF are you doing when the altercation happened. He goes off on these weird and random tangents all the time that just make him like a very strange man.


Sczerbiak was guessing that LeBron might have done it just to fire up his team. Thought even the comments about Dennis Smith were calculated to stir up trouble.
It could have been  
moespree : 11/14/2017 1:09 am : link
I think it likely it was also a way to take a shot at Phil Jackson and he didn't care that a 19 year old rookie was in the way to do it.
Jack is already wearing down...  
manh george : 11/14/2017 2:38 am : link
and Sessions is beyond worn. I think a Knicks trade of a big for a better experienced pg is likely if the brass believes that the rest of the team is playoff ready.
I'd like a younger guard too, just not sure what's out there that's  
Ten Ton Hammer : 11/14/2017 3:10 am : link
Up for sale. Pass-first PGs are hard to find and expensive when you find them.
Lebron is pretty transparent, imo.  
Beezer : 11/14/2017 7:35 am : link
Hell, he even followed up the Dennis Smith comments with something about his comments causing controversy. He's a dick. Like A-Rod. They can't help it.
LeBron's not aging well  
WideRight : 11/14/2017 7:50 am : link
Getting mouthy as your career winds down is a sure way to ruin your reputation. Its the difference between Tiki and Jeter. And starting shit with rookies makes it worse
What's ARod got to do  
B in ALB : 11/14/2017 7:50 am : link
With that fucking gash LeBron?

What a weird comparison.
people are blowing it way out of proportion  
PaulBlakeTSU : 11/14/2017 9:57 am : link
because it's sports and it's fun to have heroes and villains.

LeBron the most sensitive star of all time? I doubt that. Star under the biggest microscope of all-time? Now that is likely true.
reason they lost.  
jmalls23 : 11/14/2017 11:39 am : link
didnt box out multiple times allowing Korver especially second chances
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner