Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

84 1/2 pound gorilla in the room

CardinalX : 11/14/2017 5:34 pm
Hi all. missed ya! so, my question is: how in god's name did this team beat Denver IN Denver in such a dominating fashion? and more importantly, where did it (that team) go?
Denver really sucks.  
Default : 11/14/2017 5:36 pm : link
I'm convinced the Browns would beat them right now.
Ummm  
antdog24 : 11/14/2017 5:37 pm : link
I think Denver's recent slide speaks for itself. They aren't a very good football team either.
In other news...  
BamaBlue : 11/14/2017 5:39 pm : link
my left sock has a hole in it.
That's a really small gorilla  
Greg from LI : 11/14/2017 5:42 pm : link
.
84 1/2 pound gorilla in the room  
CardinalX : 11/14/2017 5:48 pm : link
Denver was 3-0 @ home before that loss and has only lost to the Pats at home since. granted, it's their only home game they've played since. but it could also be that we cloned the Greg Brady tiki doll we are apparently holding on to and hid it somewhere in their stadium. I don't know, but i was actually optimistic for a day or 2 after that game. not so much anymore. on a side note: Black Friday sales are approaching BamaBlue. i'll keep an eye out for any awesome sock sales 4 ya
Greg from LI  
TommytheElephant : 11/14/2017 5:54 pm : link
I’m in the “quiet car” on metro north and just burst out laughing ha

Also - no clue why I chose the quiet car
CardinalX:  
mrvax : 11/14/2017 5:56 pm : link
Were you abducted?
if i was  
CardinalX : 11/14/2017 5:58 pm : link
i got ripped off.... no anal probe to speak of
RE: if i was  
mrvax : 11/14/2017 6:19 pm : link
In comment 13692394 CardinalX said:
Quote:
i got ripped off.... no anal probe to speak of


You probably got a Randy-esque memory wipe. Although our world views are polar opposites, it's good to "see" you again.
likewise  
CardinalX : 11/14/2017 6:21 pm : link
ive avoided posting long enough to give everyone a clean slate. and hope mine is just a bit blurry
Oh it will be fuzzy  
mrvax : 11/14/2017 6:24 pm : link
after I drink a few more Hurricane beers.
Here's another good question...  
Dan in the Springs : 11/14/2017 6:25 pm : link
How did the Giants almost beat the Eagles in Philly? It seems obvious that they would lose now, but at the time we were asking the opposite - how did they manage to lose that game they had easily in hand?

Earlier in the season, this team was sloppy. They still had pride. Now, they still start games as though they'd like to win, but if they get behind a bit it's over.
Would be nice  
mrvax : 11/14/2017 6:25 pm : link
to see Sheppardsam again. I think he did a drive by last week.
RE: Here's another good question...  
Keyser : 11/14/2017 7:14 pm : link
In comment 13692434 Dan in the Springs said:
Quote:
How did the Giants almost beat the Eagles in Philly? It seems obvious that they would lose now, but at the time we were asking the opposite - how did they manage to lose that game they had easily in hand?

Earlier in the season, this team was sloppy. They still had pride. Now, they still start games as though they'd like to win, but if they get behind a bit it's over.


As bad as the giants were playing when they played the eagles, they still had a somewhat healthy Beckham, who almost singlehandedly won that game for them. If they had Beckham now, I would be a lot more confident that they would win a couple more games this year.
Egg Salad Baby!!!  
gidiefor : Mod : 11/14/2017 11:23 pm : link
that's what I'm talking about
RE: RE: Here's another good question...  
Victor in CT : 11/15/2017 9:22 am : link
In comment 13692480 Keyser said:
Quote:
In comment 13692434 Dan in the Springs said:


Quote:


How did the Giants almost beat the Eagles in Philly? It seems obvious that they would lose now, but at the time we were asking the opposite - how did they manage to lose that game they had easily in hand?

Earlier in the season, this team was sloppy. They still had pride. Now, they still start games as though they'd like to win, but if they get behind a bit it's over.



As bad as the giants were playing when they played the eagles, they still had a somewhat healthy Beckham, who almost singlehandedly won that game for them. If they had Beckham now, I would be a lot more confident that they would win a couple more games this year.


uh, they were 0-4 and well on the way to 0-5 with him.
RE: 84 1/2 pound gorilla in the room  
Victor in CT : 11/15/2017 9:23 am : link
In comment 13692384 CardinalX said:
Quote:
Denver was 3-0 @ home before that loss and has only lost to the Pats at home since. granted, it's their only home game they've played since. but it could also be that we cloned the Greg Brady tiki doll we are apparently holding on to and hid it somewhere in their stadium. I don't know, but i was actually optimistic for a day or 2 after that game. not so much anymore. on a side note: Black Friday sales are approaching BamaBlue. i'll keep an eye out for any awesome sock sales 4 ya


excuse me, but are you aware that Denver is now 3-6?
Denver  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 11/15/2017 9:25 am : link
sucks.
Denver sucks is right  
AnnapolisMike : 11/15/2017 9:32 am : link
But any team can beat any other team if the better team has a rough game. I highly doubt this Giants team will not win another game. Now that the HC issue is settled until January...I think the team will settle down.
.  
CardinalX : 11/15/2017 1:18 pm : link
"excuse me, but are you aware that Denver is now 3-6?" no, i was completely unaware of that. i have no idea how i could have possibly missed that. i am forever greatful for you pointing that out. you sir, or madam are truly an asset to this conversation.
RE: .  
Victor in CT : 11/15/2017 1:41 pm : link
In comment 13693074 CardinalX said:
Quote:
"excuse me, but are you aware that Denver is now 3-6?" no, i was completely unaware of that. i have no idea how i could have possibly missed that. i am forever greatful for you pointing that out. you sir, or madam are truly an asset to this conversation.


In that case, what's the point of your OP?

2 shit teams, one lost. Next.
Back to the Corner