Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

Asshats...

Chris684 : 12/6/2017 11:01 am
Looking forward to another season of asshattery, the more the merrier.

Has anyone with contacts heard anything early on?
Yeah this is gonna be a wild couple of months.  
bceagle05 : 12/6/2017 11:03 am : link
Giants were wise to do the firings in-season - now nobody will care about this last quarter of the season, and will instead speculate on coach/GM candidates.
There were a couple of posters  
Jay on the Island : 12/6/2017 11:03 am : link
who said that Gruden has reached out to the Giants to express his interest in the HC job.
This should be a more exciting offseason  
Jay on the Island : 12/6/2017 11:04 am : link
than the 2004 or 2005 offseasons. Rumors of who will be the next HC, GM, OC, DC, 1st round QB target(s), etc.
This should be more fun than 2016  
Chris684 : 12/6/2017 11:10 am : link
when, even with some of the asshattery going on, it seemed pretty obvious Mac was going to get the nod.
Not asshat  
BigBlueHens : 12/6/2017 11:10 am : link
but I heard Reese is looking towards retirement. He has been apparently planning, or looking, to retire at the end of his contract. But since he is now unemployed and the Giants will still pay out his contract, it is an very well liked option.

I am very excited to see the changes this offseason, and looking on BBI to see some rumors and news before it breaks. Complete change is needed and while they are dark times, they are exciting times.
I don't ever read Slade's stuff  
Bold Ruler : Mod : 12/6/2017 11:11 am : link
Not worth my time.
RE: Not asshat  
Jay on the Island : 12/6/2017 11:15 am : link
In comment 13727446 BigBlueHens said:
Quote:
but I heard Reese is looking towards retirement. He has been apparently planning, or looking, to retire at the end of his contract. But since he is now unemployed and the Giants will still pay out his contract, it is an very well liked option.

I am very excited to see the changes this offseason, and looking on BBI to see some rumors and news before it breaks. Complete change is needed and while they are dark times, they are exciting times.

After his first or second year as GM Reese reportedly wanted to work in the league office after his tenure here was over.
RE: I don't ever read Slade's stuff  
Jay on the Island : 12/6/2017 11:16 am : link
In comment 13727448 Bold Ruler said:
Quote:
Not worth my time.

I really hope nobody actually believes that Slade has inside information.
Bold Ruler or other Mods  
BigBlueHens : 12/6/2017 11:16 am : link
What are some asshat's handles that have proved reliable in the past?
Slade is largely here for amusement factor  
Bold Ruler : Mod : 12/6/2017 11:20 am : link
.
Slade mentioned  
Pete in MD : 12/6/2017 11:22 am : link
that EA has already reached out to Kyle O'Brien about the GM job. It isn't a big stretch since EA recommended O'Brien for jobs in the past. Take it FWIW.
RE: Bold Ruler or other Mods  
bceagle05 : 12/6/2017 11:22 am : link
In comment 13727454 BigBlueHens said:
Quote:
What are some asshat's handles that have proved reliable in the past?


If hitdog42 tells you something, take it as gospel.
I'm pretty  
Pete in MD : 12/6/2017 11:24 am : link
sure the former SOTI still posts under a different name but I don't want to make assumptions.
Slade is wrong about almost everything  
Heisenberg : 12/6/2017 11:25 am : link
..
.  
arcarsenal : 12/6/2017 11:26 am : link
hitdog's info is always legit.

Slade is a complete joke.
don't call me an asshat  
Rocky369 : 12/6/2017 11:28 am : link
but somebody leaked a picture of Slade at work.
RE: Slade is largely here for amusement factor  
Gatorade Dunk : 12/6/2017 11:30 am : link
In comment 13727458 Bold Ruler said:
Quote:
.

And because he's probably Paul Dottino.
hitdog is legit  
Jay on the Island : 12/6/2017 11:33 am : link
thatlimerickguy had some good info in the past.

RE: Slade is wrong about almost everything  
Jay on the Island : 12/6/2017 11:34 am : link
In comment 13727473 Heisenberg said:
Quote:
..

Slade is the Incarcerated Bob of BBI.
hitdog has been lurking since  
DCPollaro : 12/6/2017 11:36 am : link
the firings

is he on team reese or maybe gag order from the giants for now? we know he wasnt a mcadoo guy
Kyle O'Brien  
blueblood : 12/6/2017 11:36 am : link
has also been mentioned by Francesca as someone as a strong up and coming candidate among the GM circle.
RE: Kyle O'Brien  
jvm52106 : 12/6/2017 11:39 am : link
In comment 13727504 blueblood said:
Quote:
has also been mentioned by Francesca as someone as a strong up and coming candidate among the GM circle.


In fact it was mentioned by Francesca first then posted here by Slade. I have given up on Slade as being anything but an attention seeker.
Between now and the draft we will be seeing thousands of post  
SterlingArcher : 12/6/2017 11:48 am : link
saying hire this, not that guy, draft this guy, not that guy, buckle up, it is going to be a bumpy ride!
RE: This should be a more exciting offseason  
old man : 12/6/2017 12:02 pm : link
In comment 13727430 Jay on the Island said:
Quote:
than the 2004 or 2005 offseasons. Rumors of who will be the next HC, GM, OC, DC, 1st round QB target(s), etc.


Probably Asshatery to the 25th power:
What and who were EA's recommendations?
Who's the GM?
Will he get his HC pick or live w/Mara pick?

What  
mattyblue : 12/6/2017 12:45 pm : link
I donít understand is, and I am not as informed as a lot of people, but how can you formulate strong opinions about who will be a good GM? I get that coaches with experience you can have an opinion on. However, I donít know what people outside an interview room would know about GM candidates who havenít done it before. Maybe someone could enlighten me on what they look for?
I  
mattyblue : 12/6/2017 12:48 pm : link
also mean that sincerely and not rudely. I donít like the idea of Gettleman because I would like a fresh pair of eyes here, but that isnít a valid reason for me to even have much of an opinion on what would be a good selection vs a bad selection.
RE: hitdog is legit  
Keith : 12/6/2017 12:49 pm : link
In comment 13727493 Jay on the Island said:
Quote:
thatlimerickguy had some good info in the past.


You just made his day! He's dying for someone to say that.
RE: I don't ever read Slade's stuff  
Carson53 : 12/6/2017 12:51 pm : link
In comment 13727448 Bold Ruler said:
Quote:
Not worth my time.
.

I read it for comic relief purposes myself.
RE: Slade is wrong about almost everything  
Beer Man : 12/6/2017 12:52 pm : link
In comment 13727473 Heisenberg said:
Quote:
..
Every now and then he hits it. I believe he announced on Tuesday of Wednesday of last week that Mac would be shown the door on Monday.
RE: RE: Slade is wrong about almost everything  
HomerJones45 : 12/6/2017 12:56 pm : link
In comment 13727674 Beer Man said:
Quote:
In comment 13727473 Heisenberg said:


Quote:


..

Every now and then he hits it. I believe he announced on Tuesday of Wednesday of last week that Mac would be shown the door on Monday.
Yes, but the critics pull the same old crap. They piss and moan about anything they get that is not 100% guaranteed and then post plaintive pleas for "asshat" info when none is forthcoming. I wouldn't blame anyone for not saying a damn thing to this crowd.
RE: RE: RE: Slade is wrong about almost everything  
Section331 : 12/6/2017 1:18 pm : link
In comment 13727682 HomerJones45 said:
Quote:

Yes, but the critics pull the same old crap. They piss and moan about anything they get that is not 100% guaranteed and then post plaintive pleas for "asshat" info when none is forthcoming. I wouldn't blame anyone for not saying a damn thing to this crowd.


I agree, and I don't understand why people get bent out of shape about a self-declared asshat being wrong. Think Slade is a phoney, self-promoting d-bag? Fine, don't click on his threads, or if you do, feel free to criticize him, but the constant calls for bannings are ridiculous. If you are so incensed by Slade's, or anyone else's posts, ignore them.

That said, when a d-bag like Dragon openly hopes for our QB to break his neck against Dallas, that might be grounds for a ban.
Great now is a thread about Slade  
blueblood : 12/6/2017 1:21 pm : link
yeeesh
RE: RE: RE: Slade is wrong about almost everything  
Jay on the Island : 12/6/2017 1:23 pm : link
In comment 13727682 HomerJones45 said:
Quote:
In comment 13727674 Beer Man said:


Quote:


In comment 13727473 Heisenberg said:


Quote:


..

Every now and then he hits it. I believe he announced on Tuesday of Wednesday of last week that Mac would be shown the door on Monday.

Yes, but the critics pull the same old crap. They piss and moan about anything they get that is not 100% guaranteed and then post plaintive pleas for "asshat" info when none is forthcoming. I wouldn't blame anyone for not saying a damn thing to this crowd.

We criticize Slade because he is a fake. He said that his sources said that McAdoo would be fired if they lost to the 49ers. He takes things he reads on twitter and then posts it as his own information. Most of BBI supports hitdog and the real posters who have genuine inside info but Slade is not one of those people.
.  
Slade : 12/6/2017 3:41 pm : link
RE: .  
Beer Man : 12/6/2017 4:11 pm : link
In comment 13728075 Slade said:
Quote:
LOL
LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
blueblood : 12/6/2017 4:13 pm : link
Slade with the post of the day..
Slade  
BlueHurricane : 12/6/2017 9:58 pm : link
I LOL'd. Literally
RE: Slade is wrong about almost everything  
Bleedin Blue : 12/7/2017 12:33 am : link
In comment 13727473 Heisenberg said:
Quote:
..


That is like saying a Blind squirrel Is Blind.
RE: .  
arcarsenal : 12/7/2017 12:44 am : link
In comment 13728075 Slade said:
Quote:


I did laugh at this.

I'll always appreciate a good sense of humor and people who don't take themselves too seriously.

You've earned 1 arc point. Use it wisely.
"Haters gonna hate"  
Modus Operandi : 12/7/2017 9:08 am : link
The last refuge for insufferable cunts.
RE: RE: .  
Keith : 12/7/2017 9:14 am : link
In comment 13728514 arcarsenal said:
Quote:
In comment 13728075 Slade said:


Quote:






I did laugh at this.

I'll always appreciate a good sense of humor and people who don't take themselves too seriously.

You've earned 1 arc point. Use it wisely.


You are talking about a fake person making a joke about a fake identity. It's actually sad, not funny.
Kyle O'Brien  
arniefez : 12/7/2017 9:28 am : link
Seems like he would be a good choice and he checks the most important Mara box.

Speaking of Hitdog  
PatersonPlank : 12/7/2017 10:07 am : link
when is he going to chime in about the goings on? I'd love to hear what is happening behind the scenes.
RE: RE: RE: .  
arcarsenal : 12/7/2017 10:13 am : link
In comment 13728656 Keith said:
Quote:
In comment 13728514 arcarsenal said:


Quote:


In comment 13728075 Slade said:


Quote:






I did laugh at this.

I'll always appreciate a good sense of humor and people who don't take themselves too seriously.

You've earned 1 arc point. Use it wisely.



You are talking about a fake person making a joke about a fake identity. It's actually sad, not funny.


I have to be nice to the faux-insiders, K - I already got yelled at for "quasi stalking" the other one.
Arc  
Modus Operandi : 12/7/2017 10:25 am : link
You hurt his feelings. No doubt he ran to Eric about it.

There was a time where folks around here could dish it and take it. Site's full of a bunch of whiners now.
.  
arcarsenal : 12/7/2017 10:43 am : link
You're telling me.

I was a newbie here when the Arrington hype was at its peak and BBI was in "Lamar" mode. I think I said I thought the joke was stupid and I got piled on for that but I took it in stride and here I am now, over a decade later on the Mt. Rushmore of BBI.
Dare I say  
Modus Operandi : 12/7/2017 11:01 am : link
Pussifocation of BBI?
Mt Dumbmore maybe.  
Keith : 12/7/2017 1:43 pm : link
Don't let "the man" tell you what to do.
The Mt. Rushmore of BBI?  
Slade : 12/7/2017 2:02 pm : link
Some of you are really lonely...

JonC has good info  
section125 : 12/7/2017 2:08 pm : link
and has connections. He and hitdog42 are pretty reliable sources..
RE: The Mt. Rushmore of BBI?  
arcarsenal : 12/7/2017 2:16 pm : link
In comment 13729195 Slade said:
Quote:
Some of you are really lonely...


The guy who is actually posing as an insider on a message board and starting threads for nothing but attention is calling other people lonely... wow!

If that's not rich... what is?

I take my point back. You suck.
RE: The Mt. Rushmore of BBI?  
LawrenceTaylor56 : 12/7/2017 2:24 pm : link
In comment 13729195 Slade said:
Quote:
Some of you are really lonely...


This coming from the guy who makes up fake news and hope his shit sticks. Yeahhhhhh
there is not much to say right now  
hitdog42 : 12/7/2017 2:42 pm : link
the media is likely on the right people at this stage (which is btw day 3 and you always are going to hear those prior connected to the giants first). Gettleman an obvious name to follow.
Fox, Payton (not as likely to leave saints as prior), Smith, and Schwartz types ... but again its quite early.
Not a peep so far  
JonC : 12/7/2017 2:52 pm : link
presumably, EA's doing most of the early leg work at this stage.
Back to the Corner