Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

Obj's latest tweet

ron mexico : 12/6/2017 1:04 pm
This should go over well



Link - ( New Window )
Pages: 1 2 3 | Show All |  Next>>
Can't see  
Joeguido : 12/6/2017 1:07 pm : link
it what does it say?
Sorry - insta  
ron mexico : 12/6/2017 1:07 pm : link
Not twitter
.  
arcarsenal : 12/6/2017 1:07 pm : link
He obviously looks up to Brady a good deal. I could think of about 500 worse players to idolize.

But I already know where this thread will predictably go...

He's not Brady, doesn't have the hardware, thus he shouldn't compare himself. Etc, etc. etc.
What wont go well?  
jlukes : 12/6/2017 1:08 pm : link
he posted a video of clips of Brady and him being very vocal and emotional on the field.

His tweets from earlier this week were spot on - it is a double standard.
RE: Can't see  
ron mexico : 12/6/2017 1:09 pm : link
In comment 13727697 Joeguido said:
Quote:
it what does it say?


It's clips of Brady's sideline behavior spliced in with clips of his own
Tom Brady  
Nick in LA : 12/6/2017 1:09 pm : link
is widely thought of as the "GOAT" I dont really see an issue with this instagram post.
RE: .  
Gatorade Dunk : 12/6/2017 1:09 pm : link
In comment 13727703 arcarsenal said:
Quote:
He obviously looks up to Brady a good deal. I could think of about 500 worse players to idolize.

But I already know where this thread will predictably go...

He's not Brady, doesn't have the hardware, thus he shouldn't compare himself. Etc, etc. etc.

Hence "chasin" I suppose. That he aspires to be on Brady's level.

I wouldn't see this as anything negative, despite the fact that the troglodyte comment crowd on Instagram immediately read that as a desire to join the Patriots.
It's video of him and Tom Brady interspersed,  
Section331 : 12/6/2017 1:09 pm : link
with each of them being demonstrative. Get over it Odell, people aren't criticizing your emotion on the field unless you're spearing a defender who isn't looking, or pretending to pee on the endline.
RE: RE: Can't see  
Joeguido : 12/6/2017 1:10 pm : link
In comment 13727705 ron mexico said:
Quote:
In comment 13727697 Joeguido said:


Quote:


it what does it say?



It's clips of Brady's sideline behavior spliced in with clips of his own


Thanks.....
RE: It's video of him and Tom Brady interspersed,  
Gatorade Dunk : 12/6/2017 1:12 pm : link
In comment 13727708 Section331 said:
Quote:
with each of them being demonstrative. Get over it Odell, people aren't criticizing your emotion on the field unless you're spearing a defender who isn't looking, or pretending to pee on the endline.

That's not exactly accurate. Some people find ANY reason to criticize him and his emotion on the field/sideline.
Does he have  
HoodieGelo : 12/6/2017 1:13 pm : link
an argument? Yes. However, I feel he really just needs to let it go. No matter what he's going to have critics and constantly posting/mentioning about the "double standard" is kind of defeating the purpose.
RE: Does he have  
Mad Mike : 12/6/2017 1:14 pm : link
In comment 13727716 HoodieGelo said:
Quote:
an argument? Yes. However, I feel he really just needs to let it go. No matter what he's going to have critics and constantly posting/mentioning about the "double standard" is kind of defeating the purpose.

A self-proving post, nice.
Yeah,he gets it  
ghost718 : 12/6/2017 1:14 pm : link
.
RE: RE: It's video of him and Tom Brady interspersed,  
ajr2456 : 12/6/2017 1:14 pm : link
In comment 13727714 Gatorade Dunk said:
Quote:
In comment 13727708 Section331 said:


Quote:


with each of them being demonstrative. Get over it Odell, people aren't criticizing your emotion on the field unless you're spearing a defender who isn't looking, or pretending to pee on the endline.


That's not exactly accurate. Some people find ANY reason to criticize him and his emotion on the field/sideline.


Exactly. I'm pretty sure this board still brings up the kicking net
RE: RE: RE: It's video of him and Tom Brady interspersed,  
arcarsenal : 12/6/2017 1:15 pm : link
In comment 13727719 ajr2456 said:
Quote:
In comment 13727714 Gatorade Dunk said:


Quote:


In comment 13727708 Section331 said:


Quote:


with each of them being demonstrative. Get over it Odell, people aren't criticizing your emotion on the field unless you're spearing a defender who isn't looking, or pretending to pee on the endline.


That's not exactly accurate. Some people find ANY reason to criticize him and his emotion on the field/sideline.



Exactly. I'm pretty sure this board still brings up the kicking net


We still have guys blaming the boat!
This is an Instagram post, not a tweet.  
BrettNYG10 : 12/6/2017 1:16 pm : link
Please delete and correct.
What's the double standard?  
pjcas18 : 12/6/2017 1:16 pm : link
the player who is emotional on the field/sidelines and has never taken a personal foul or been suspended and has 5 SB rings and multiple MVPs is viewed one way

and the supremely talented, and also emotional player, who has had his emotions hurt his team, and hasn't exactly performed his best on the biggest stage isn't viewed that same way?

I agree, double standard and there should be.
Love Odell. Look forward to watching him dominate  
Keith : 12/6/2017 1:18 pm : link
for the Giants for the next 10 years. He has dominated from the first time he stepped on the field. However, I don't see this as a double standard. Tom Brady doesn't get vilified for this stuff, but not because he's white or because he's a QB or because people love him, but because he has earned that right over the past 10 years. He's proven to be a great leader and a winner. What about the extra stuff that goes beyond fire and passion? Again, love me so OBJ, but posts like this tell me that he hasn't really learned much.
RE: RE: It's video of him and Tom Brady interspersed,  
Section331 : 12/6/2017 1:20 pm : link
In comment 13727714 Gatorade Dunk said:
Quote:

That's not exactly accurate. Some people find ANY reason to criticize him and his emotion on the field/sideline.


That is true, I thought the whole kicking the net thing was blown completely out of proportion, but comparing himself to Brady is never going to end well.
RE: Love Odell. Look forward to watching him dominate  
ajr2456 : 12/6/2017 1:21 pm : link
In comment 13727730 Keith said:
Quote:
for the Giants for the next 10 years. He has dominated from the first time he stepped on the field. However, I don't see this as a double standard. Tom Brady doesn't get vilified for this stuff, but not because he's white or because he's a QB or because people love him, but because he has earned that right over the past 10 years. He's proven to be a great leader and a winner. What about the extra stuff that goes beyond fire and passion? Again, love me so OBJ, but posts like this tell me that he hasn't really learned much.



I'm fairly certain Odell could have 500 yards receiving in a Super Bowl win and people would want to run him out of town the next time he did something they didn't like
.  
arcarsenal : 12/6/2017 1:22 pm : link
For me, it's easy...

What I want Odell to continue to do:

Keep that competitive fire. Be passionate. Be demonstrative. Be himself.

What I don't want Odell to continue to do:

Take penalties that hurt the team. Get into altercations on the field.
RE: .  
Bill L : 12/6/2017 1:24 pm : link
In comment 13727735 arcarsenal said:
Quote:
For me, it's easy...

What I want Odell to continue to do:

Keep that competitive fire. Be passionate. Be demonstrative. Be himself.

What I don't want Odell to continue to do:

Take penalties that hurt the team. Get into altercations on the field.
I think most people feel that way. The post above you believes it's binary but I don't think so. People are capable of nuance.
RE: This is an Instagram post, not a tweet.  
ron mexico : 12/6/2017 1:24 pm : link
In comment 13727724 BrettNYG10 said:
Quote:
Please delete and correct.


See the third post

Dont see any problem with this  
gmen9892 : 12/6/2017 1:25 pm : link
To me, it looks like he is looking to also become the GOAT. No issue with him acknowledging that Brady is one of the GOAT. Showing that both are fiery competitors I guess?
He's an emotional player just like Brady  
BigBlue4You09 : 12/6/2017 1:25 pm : link
what's the problem here?
He is just pointing out the bias  
Rjanyg : 12/6/2017 1:26 pm : link
TB can roll in dog shit and the refs will ask him " what kind of cologne is that ".

Although I haven't seen Brady act like a dog pissing after a TD....yet : )
What pj and Keith said.  
Dave in Hoboken : 12/6/2017 1:26 pm : link
.
what is it?  
GMAN4LIFE : 12/6/2017 1:27 pm : link
.
the bat signal  
UConn4523 : 12/6/2017 1:27 pm : link
has been cast!
Beckham's demonstrations on the sidelines may resemble  
GeofromNJ : 12/6/2017 1:28 pm : link
those of Brady, but sideline demonstrations are not the issue with Beckham. It's his behavior on the field that has cost the Giants yardage and, at times, games. Brady has never cost his team yardage or games.
.  
Danny Kanell : 12/6/2017 1:28 pm : link
I know this has nothing to do with his on field performance etc but posts like this just make me like the guy less. I just think hes a complete douchebag. I also like watching him be awesome on the Giants. Is that an ok stance for some of you guys?
RE: Beckham's demonstrations on the sidelines may resemble  
ajr2456 : 12/6/2017 1:29 pm : link
In comment 13727757 GeofromNJ said:
Quote:
those of Brady, but sideline demonstrations are not the issue with Beckham. It's his behavior on the field that has cost the Giants yardage and, at times, games. Brady has never cost his team yardage or games.


What game has Odell cost the Giants?
yea, what pj said  
Rocky369 : 12/6/2017 1:30 pm : link
except Brady's spent more time suspended than Odell
RE: What's the double standard?  
Gatorade Dunk : 12/6/2017 1:30 pm : link
In comment 13727725 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
the player who is emotional on the field/sidelines and has never taken a personal foul or been suspended and has 5 SB rings and multiple MVPs is viewed one way

and the supremely talented, and also emotional player, who has had his emotions hurt his team, and hasn't exactly performed his best on the biggest stage isn't viewed that same way?

I agree, double standard and there should be.

So you start by asking "what double standard?" and then admit that there is a double standard.

And the double standard goes way beyond the 5 SB rings. You'd have to be blind to not see that. But maybe this can be another J.D. Drew debate!
RE: RE: .  
Gatorade Dunk : 12/6/2017 1:32 pm : link
In comment 13727742 Bill L said:
Quote:
In comment 13727735 arcarsenal said:


Quote:


For me, it's easy...

What I want Odell to continue to do:

Keep that competitive fire. Be passionate. Be demonstrative. Be himself.

What I don't want Odell to continue to do:

Take penalties that hurt the team. Get into altercations on the field.

I think most people feel that way. The post above you believes it's binary but I don't think so. People are capable of nuance.

But it's not, really. Beckham has been one of the most productive players in NFL history through the stage in his career where he is, and there are fans who openly want him off the team, at any cost. That's not nuance. That's completely binary.
RE: yea, what pj said  
Gatorade Dunk : 12/6/2017 1:34 pm : link
In comment 13727762 Rocky369 said:
Quote:
except Brady's spent more time suspended than Odell

+1
RE: What's the double standard?  
rocco8112 : 12/6/2017 1:35 pm : link
In comment 13727725 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
the player who is emotional on the field/sidelines and has never taken a personal foul or been suspended and has 5 SB rings and multiple MVPs is viewed one way

and the supremely talented, and also emotional player, who has had his emotions hurt his team, and hasn't exactly performed his best on the biggest stage isn't viewed that same way?

I agree, double standard and there should be.


Well this post pretty much sums it up.
RE: .  
Victor in CT : 12/6/2017 1:36 pm : link
In comment 13727735 arcarsenal said:
Quote:
For me, it's easy...

What I want Odell to continue to do:

Keep that competitive fire. Be passionate. Be demonstrative. Be himself.

What I don't want Odell to continue to do:

Take penalties that hurt the team. Get into altercations on the field.


Perfectly said arc
.  
arcarsenal : 12/6/2017 1:36 pm : link
Forget all of the other stuff - just isolate the sideline stuff.

Beckham's outbursts are characterized as "tantrums" or him losing control while Brady's are characterized as "fiery" and "passionate"

That's what I think is unfair.

Beckham should be criticized when he takes a penalty that hurts his team.

Travis Kelce has taken about 5x as many of those types of penalties but he's the most productive TE in the league right now. I don't see anyone characterizing him as some sort of malcontent that KC should rid themselves of.
RE: RE: What's the double standard?  
Gatorade Dunk : 12/6/2017 1:37 pm : link
In comment 13727772 rocco8112 said:
Quote:
In comment 13727725 pjcas18 said:


Quote:


the player who is emotional on the field/sidelines and has never taken a personal foul or been suspended and has 5 SB rings and multiple MVPs is viewed one way

and the supremely talented, and also emotional player, who has had his emotions hurt his team, and hasn't exactly performed his best on the biggest stage isn't viewed that same way?

I agree, double standard and there should be.



Well this post pretty much sums it up.

Well, not exactly.
RE: RE: What's the double standard?  
pjcas18 : 12/6/2017 1:38 pm : link
In comment 13727763 Gatorade Dunk said:
Quote:
In comment 13727725 pjcas18 said:


Quote:


the player who is emotional on the field/sidelines and has never taken a personal foul or been suspended and has 5 SB rings and multiple MVPs is viewed one way

and the supremely talented, and also emotional player, who has had his emotions hurt his team, and hasn't exactly performed his best on the biggest stage isn't viewed that same way?

I agree, double standard and there should be.


So you start by asking "what double standard?" and then admit that there is a double standard.

And the double standard goes way beyond the 5 SB rings. You'd have to be blind to not see that. But maybe this can be another J.D. Drew debate!



I didn't say "what double standard?" I asked specifically what IS the double standard. Very different question, I wasn't implying there wasn't one, I was clarifying it and justifying it.

I think you earn some level of a pass with fans and the media when you're a 5 time SB winner and 4 time SB MVP and 12 time pro-bowler, multiple time NFL MVP, and probably the GOAT at his position whose on-field emotional outbursts (while they have received scorn) have not hurt his team.

and let's not kid ourselves, if Beckham simply was emotional on the field like Brady IMO no, he wouldn't be so scrutinized, the whole peeing in the end zone, the cheap shot on Norman, the kicking net embarrassment, is well beyond being emotional.

Anyone who suggests that we need to rid  
Keith : 12/6/2017 1:38 pm : link
ourselves of OBJ is a complete fool. Its really that simple.
RE: RE: RE: What's the double standard?  
pjcas18 : 12/6/2017 1:39 pm : link
In comment 13727779 Gatorade Dunk said:
Quote:
In comment 13727772 rocco8112 said:


Quote:


In comment 13727725 pjcas18 said:


Quote:


the player who is emotional on the field/sidelines and has never taken a personal foul or been suspended and has 5 SB rings and multiple MVPs is viewed one way

and the supremely talented, and also emotional player, who has had his emotions hurt his team, and hasn't exactly performed his best on the biggest stage isn't viewed that same way?

I agree, double standard and there should be.



Well this post pretty much sums it up.


Well, not exactly.


Sorry, I'll clarify, not suspended for emotional on-field incidents - which is obvious to the non-pedantic among us that is what's being compared here.
RE: Anyone who suggests that we need to rid  
Jay on the Island : 12/6/2017 1:40 pm : link
In comment 13727781 Keith said:
Quote:
ourselves of OBJ is a complete fool. Its really that simple.

Agreed. You do not trade away a young talent like Odell
Francessa has been vocal about the Giants' handling of OBJ.  
81_Great_Dane : 12/6/2017 1:41 pm : link
I can never tell whether he has inside information, or is just bloviating. He's super-connected but I don't think he always uses those connections before he goes off.

If it's true that the Giants' handling of Beckham has caused dissension in the locker room, the next coach is going to have to fix the dissension. That doesn't mean everybody necessarily gets the same treatment, it means that everybody's on board with the same program.

There are rare talents that come along once in a decade, or in a generation, or even in a century. We've watched other teams get guys like Randy Moss and Aaron Rodgers and Reggie White and on and on. We got LT, but since he retired, how many times have we wished we had one of those guys on the Giants? We got one. Enjoy him while you can, because football careers are short and uncertain.

You could trade him for an entire first round of draft picks and still not be sure of getting a guy that good.
RE: RE: Anyone who suggests that we need to rid  
pjcas18 : 12/6/2017 1:42 pm : link
In comment 13727787 Jay on the Island said:
Quote:
In comment 13727781 Keith said:


Quote:


ourselves of OBJ is a complete fool. Its really that simple.


Agreed. You do not trade away a young talent like Odell


Absolutely, Beckham is a unique talent that you build around

for the pedantic  
Rocky369 : 12/6/2017 1:45 pm : link
suspended for emotions - not okay
suspended for cheating - okay

leave your team without it's best player for a game - not okay
leave your team without it's best player for multiple games - okay

I fail to see the double standard as well
Understand that everything Francessa says is self serving.  
Keith : 12/6/2017 1:46 pm : link
If a player doesn't do his interview or upsets big bad Mikey, that player will be on Francessa's sh*t list for the rest of his career.
RE: for the pedantic  
pjcas18 : 12/6/2017 1:50 pm : link
In comment 13727796 Rocky369 said:
Quote:
suspended for emotions - not okay
suspended for cheating - okay

leave your team without it's best player for a game - not okay
leave your team without it's best player for multiple games - okay

I fail to see the double standard as well


Did you view the instagram post? Clearly you didn't.

Beckham seemed to be implying (or at least posters on here have) that he and Brady on-field emotions were the same, yet Beckham was unfairly viewed negatively for it while Brady was not.

while Brady's suspension for deflategate was certainly a black mark on his legacy it was pretty much bullshit and wholly unrelated to the point beckham was making.

Nowhere did anyone, me specifically, say Brady's actions for deflategate were ok? Nowhere, yet for some reason you want to conflate that into this point for some reason (agenda?)
RE: .  
UConn4523 : 12/6/2017 1:55 pm : link
In comment 13727759 Danny Kanell said:
Quote:
I know this has nothing to do with his on field performance etc but posts like this just make me like the guy less. I just think hes a complete douchebag. I also like watching him be awesome on the Giants. Is that an ok stance for some of you guys?


Of course it is (even though I don't agree). I really don't know why people care what he (or anyone else) has to say. I can also picture Odell taking 14 seconds to post that yet after reading the reactions people thinks he spends his entire day concocting this plan.
Pages: 1 2 3 | Show All |  Next>>
Back to the Corner