Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

NFT: Bitcoin - what is happening?

ij_reilly : 12/7/2017 11:27 am
Over $18,000 now.

This is insane.

I'm holding 1.5 Bitcoin, I guess I keep holding.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 <<Prev | Show All |
RE: How long is it taking you guys to see your funds in Coinbase?  
Giants in 07 : 12/12/2017 9:58 pm : link
In comment 13738310 BigBlue4You09 said:
Quote:
Is it always about a week? I bought last Thursday and hey are saying this Thursday. Can I sell/transfer right away?


Yeah, about a week. And yeah, you can sell or send right away. FYI, if you set up 2 Factor Authentication and confirm email they will raise your CC and bank account deposit limits.
RE: RE: How long is it taking you guys to see your funds in Coinbase?  
BigBlue4You09 : 12/12/2017 10:14 pm : link
In comment 13738390 Giants in 07 said:
Quote:
In comment 13738310 BigBlue4You09 said:


Quote:


Is it always about a week? I bought last Thursday and hey are saying this Thursday. Can I sell/transfer right away?



Yeah, about a week. And yeah, you can sell or send right away. FYI, if you set up 2 Factor Authentication and confirm email they will raise your CC and bank account deposit limits.


Ok thanks. Iím definitely moving some and getting in on IOTA. If i ever get verified by one of these sites of course, such a process
IOTA  
widmerseyebrow : 12/12/2017 11:05 pm : link
Adding to my earlier comment, there is now this. Their leadership is certainly questionable.
IOTA clarifies it has no formal partnership with Microsoft - ( New Window )
Ltc trending backup!!! Asia is doing business  
DennyInDenville : 12/13/2017 12:18 am : link
They fuck with this shit heavy in China, Japan, Korea and more


It's day time over there

Goodnight Litecoin fam!!


#ToTheMoonWeGo
#500 #1000 #10000 #20000 #100000 #1000000
Ripple XRP exploding  
widmerseyebrow : 12/13/2017 8:37 am : link
They have by far the most impressive list of finance/banking partnerships and its starting to pay off. Tech is interesting because unlike most other coins it can scale and it can scale right now. Transaction settlement in seconds.
RE: Ripple XRP exploding  
BigBlue4You09 : 12/13/2017 10:06 am : link
In comment 13738656 widmerseyebrow said:
Quote:
They have by far the most impressive list of finance/banking partnerships and its starting to pay off. Tech is interesting because unlike most other coins it can scale and it can scale right now. Transaction settlement in seconds.


I cant get verified on ANY exchange to purchase Ripple, been trying for days. SO frustrating. Kraken, Poloniex, Bitstamp, Changelly, Binance. NOTHING
RE: RE: Ripple XRP exploding  
DennyInDenville : 12/13/2017 10:16 am : link
In comment 13738796 BigBlue4You09 said:
Quote:
In comment 13738656 widmerseyebrow said:


Quote:


They have by far the most impressive list of finance/banking partnerships and its starting to pay off. Tech is interesting because unlike most other coins it can scale and it can scale right now. Transaction settlement in seconds.



I cant get verified on ANY exchange to purchase Ripple, been trying for days. SO frustrating. Kraken, Poloniex, Bitstamp, Changelly, Binance. NOTHING

Ugh, same here bro :-(

I wanted to buy $200 ripple XRP for a week now, which would have been a shit ton of XRP

It's too bad Coinbase never added it
LTC slowing down on the charts, but..  
Giants in 07 : 12/13/2017 11:29 am : link
Building support at higher and higher lows. Very glad to see!

Coinbase is the #1 trending app on the App Store.

CNBC had a 'litecoin ticker' last night giving live price updates.

It looks like Ethereum's day, though.

RE: LTC slowing down on the charts, but..  
BigBlue4You09 : 12/13/2017 11:36 am : link
In comment 13738976 Giants in 07 said:
Quote:
Building support at higher and higher lows. Very glad to see!

Coinbase is the #1 trending app on the App Store.

CNBC had a 'litecoin ticker' last night giving live price updates.

It looks like Ethereum's day, though.


Very positive news. For those interested I FINALLY got on Kraken. Now just waiting on verification...
congrats  
giantfan2000 : 12/13/2017 2:11 pm : link
now officially the biggest bubble in history
Why bitcoin is now the biggest bubble in history, in one chart - ( New Window )
Lol, what a shitty article  
Giants in 07 : 12/13/2017 2:25 pm : link
Only talks about the price, nothing about the actual tech or usability or the rate of adoption that we are seeing.

Seems to be a common denominator in those that chime in without knowing anything about in which they speak.

Comparing it to tulips? Give me a break. It's all FUD.
my $2500 investment in March  
AnyoneButPhilly : 12/13/2017 2:28 pm : link
just eclipsed 50 grand. Ive thoughtabout selling but honestly I dont know what to do with the money. Might as well keep holding
RE: my $2500 investment in March  
BigBlue4You09 : 12/13/2017 2:32 pm : link
In comment 13739251 AnyoneButPhilly said:
Quote:
just eclipsed 50 grand. Ive thoughtabout selling but honestly I dont know what to do with the money. Might as well keep holding


What a nice problem to have, I'd blow through that real quick lol.
RE: my $2500 investment in March  
Giants in 07 : 12/13/2017 3:28 pm : link
In comment 13739251 AnyoneButPhilly said:
Quote:
just eclipsed 50 grand. Ive thoughtabout selling but honestly I dont know what to do with the money. Might as well keep holding


Get yourself a hardware wallet ASAP if you don't already have one. Trezor or Ledger are favorites of many.
Sell  
spike : 12/13/2017 3:34 pm : link
And buy something less bubbly
Finally in on Ripple  
BigBlue4You09 : 12/14/2017 8:48 am : link
Got verified through Bittrex. Did a test transfer of Bitcoin and the fees were ridiculous but it worked!
https://bittrex.com/ - ( New Window )
RE: my $2500 investment in March  
UConn4523 : 12/14/2017 9:04 am : link
In comment 13739251 AnyoneButPhilly said:
Quote:
just eclipsed 50 grand. Ive thoughtabout selling but honestly I dont know what to do with the money. Might as well keep holding


Man, sucks for you.

If real, pull out 3/4 of it and invest that into a blue chip stock with a high dividend yield that you can reinvest and don't touch it. The other 1/4 keep in Bitcoin and ride or die with it (a crash will come sooner or later).
I suggest most of you bitcoin, litecoin  
pjcas18 : 12/14/2017 9:48 am : link
ripple and any cryptocurrency investors read this. There are some critical points in here about what the value of the cryptocurrency is vs or in addition to the blockchain.



Link - ( New Window )
anyone here use Binance  
DCPollaro : 12/14/2017 9:53 am : link
for an exchange?
RE: anyone here use Binance  
BigBlue4You09 : 12/14/2017 9:54 am : link
In comment 13739962 DCPollaro said:
Quote:
for an exchange?


Yes, but I'm still waiting to be verified so I can buy IOTA. Until then I'm using Bittrex. Just bought some NEO and ADA too.
RE: RE: my $2500 investment in March  
DennyInDenville : 12/14/2017 10:00 am : link
In comment 13739897 UConn4523 said:
Quote:
In comment 13739251 AnyoneButPhilly said:


Quote:


just eclipsed 50 grand. Ive thoughtabout selling but honestly I dont know what to do with the money. Might as well keep holding



Man, sucks for you.

If real, pull out 3/4 of it and invest that into a blue chip stock with a high dividend yield that you can reinvest and don't touch it. The other 1/4 keep in Bitcoin and ride or die with it (a crash will come sooner or later).

Why does getting rich suck for him?

Why would he/she invest in a lame stock instead of cryptos?

It's 2017 not 1995
Hey, Uconn,sorry if that sounded condicending  
DennyInDenville : 12/14/2017 10:02 am : link
.
Lol, your probly right tho  
DennyInDenville : 12/14/2017 10:03 am : link
I'd pull out too if I was at 50 Gs

A win, is a win.
RE: RE: RE: my $2500 investment in March  
BigBlue4You09 : 12/14/2017 10:04 am : link
In comment 13739975 DennyInDenville said:
Quote:
In comment 13739897 UConn4523 said:


Quote:


In comment 13739251 AnyoneButPhilly said:


Quote:


just eclipsed 50 grand. Ive thoughtabout selling but honestly I dont know what to do with the money. Might as well keep holding



Man, sucks for you.

If real, pull out 3/4 of it and invest that into a blue chip stock with a high dividend yield that you can reinvest and don't touch it. The other 1/4 keep in Bitcoin and ride or die with it (a crash will come sooner or later).


Why does getting rich suck for him?

Why would he/she invest in a lame stock instead of cryptos?

It's 2017 not 1995
.

99% sure he was being sarcastic
RE: RE: my $2500 investment in March  
AnyoneButPhilly : 12/14/2017 10:04 am : link
In comment 13739341 Giants in 07 said:
Quote:
In comment 13739251 AnyoneButPhilly said:


Quote:


just eclipsed 50 grand. Ive thoughtabout selling but honestly I dont know what to do with the money. Might as well keep holding



Get yourself a hardware wallet ASAP if you don't already have one. Trezor or Ledger are favorites of many.


Both of the wallet apps have god awful reviews
RE: Hey, Uconn,sorry if that sounded condicending  
UConn4523 : 12/14/2017 10:08 am : link
In comment 13739979 DennyInDenville said:
Quote:
.


A - it was a joke
B - invest in cryptos all you want but the bubble will burst on most of them or all of them at some point.
C - investing a large chunk of money in blue chip stocks with high dividend yields is an excellent strategy for long term growth with very limited risk. If this guy truly has no use right now for the money, then keep it safe and growing instead of unsafe with high amounts of risk.
D - do whatever you want, I really don't care
RE: RE: Hey, Uconn,sorry if that sounded condicending  
DennyInDenville : 12/14/2017 10:12 am : link
In comment 13739991 UConn4523 said:
Quote:
In comment 13739979 DennyInDenville said:


Quote:


.



A - it was a joke
B - invest in cryptos all you want but the bubble will burst on most of them or all of them at some point.
C - investing a large chunk of money in blue chip stocks with high dividend yields is an excellent strategy for long term growth with very limited risk. If this guy truly has no use right now for the money, then keep it safe and growing instead of unsafe with high amounts of risk.
D - do whatever you want, I really don't care

Fair enough man. All the love Uconn.

Imo , if it does "pop" or "burst" there is a high chance it just rebounds 3 times as high and 5 times faster. Cryptos are so unpredictability weird. Which does indeed validate you're point about BlueChips.
RE: RE: Hey, Uconn,sorry if that sounded condicending  
njm : 12/14/2017 10:32 am : link
In comment 13739991 UConn4523 said:
Quote:
In comment 13739979 DennyInDenville said:


Quote:


.



A - it was a joke
B - invest in cryptos all you want but the bubble will burst on most of them or all of them at some point.
C - investing a large chunk of money in blue chip stocks with high dividend yields is an excellent strategy for long term growth with very limited risk. If this guy truly has no use right now for the money, then keep it safe and growing instead of unsafe with high amounts of risk.
D - do whatever you want, I really don't care


There's also something to be said for diversification. And then there's the old adage "There's bulls and bears and pigs, and pigs get slaughtered".
RE: RE: RE: my $2500 investment in March  
Giants in 07 : 12/14/2017 10:46 am : link
In comment 13739985 AnyoneButPhilly said:
Quote:
In comment 13739341 Giants in 07 said:


Quote:


In comment 13739251 AnyoneButPhilly said:


Quote:


just eclipsed 50 grand. Ive thoughtabout selling but honestly I dont know what to do with the money. Might as well keep holding



Get yourself a hardware wallet ASAP if you don't already have one. Trezor or Ledger are favorites of many.



Both of the wallet apps have god awful reviews


The wallet apps are different than the actual wallet. You can connect different apps to it. For instance, NEO (an Ethereum rival in China) released its own wallet called NEON. You are able to connect the NEON wallet with the Ledger hardware wallet.
RE: RE: RE: Hey, Uconn,sorry if that sounded condicending  
Giants in 07 : 12/14/2017 10:52 am : link
In comment 13739996 DennyInDenville said:
Quote:
In comment 13739991 UConn4523 said:


Quote:


In comment 13739979 DennyInDenville said:


Quote:


.



A - it was a joke
B - invest in cryptos all you want but the bubble will burst on most of them or all of them at some point.
C - investing a large chunk of money in blue chip stocks with high dividend yields is an excellent strategy for long term growth with very limited risk. If this guy truly has no use right now for the money, then keep it safe and growing instead of unsafe with high amounts of risk.
D - do whatever you want, I really don't care


Fair enough man. All the love Uconn.

Imo , if it does "pop" or "burst" there is a high chance it just rebounds 3 times as high and 5 times faster. Cryptos are so unpredictability weird. Which does indeed validate you're point about BlueChips.


Yeah, this is why I can't take listening to the 'bubble' argument. So, the Bitcoin bubble pops and it falls to 14K then 12K, then 10K..okay, I could see people liquidate their holdings in fear at this point. Institutions? Nah. People holding from 2013? Nah.

But 8K, ...6K ...4K? It would never ever reach this price. There would be a mad dash for 8K Bitcoin.

Bubble Popping = Buying Opportunity
the problem with crypto  
UConn4523 : 12/14/2017 10:53 am : link
is that there's a chance that you flat out lose everything, not just that the value tanks. Whether its hacked or banned, its an issue from an investment standpoint.

I hope you all make a lot of money, and maybe one day I'll invest, but right now its like MJ stocks (which I own a bit of) and the rollercoaster doesn't seem worth it unless you are OK losing your money.
Giants in 07  
UConn4523 : 12/14/2017 10:55 am : link
that really isn't true. See my previous post. There is chance (how big or small I don't know) that bitcoin will have ZERO value one day.
Dumb question about wallets  
BigBlue4You09 : 12/14/2017 11:02 am : link
You're talking about a physical hardware wallet right? Like if you wanted to cash out and store your money and not make any further transactions right? If I want to keep buying/selling I have to keep it on the exchange like Coinbase/Bittrex and risk it being compromised?
RE: Dumb question about wallets  
Giants in 07 : 12/14/2017 11:34 am : link
In comment 13740099 BigBlue4You09 said:
Quote:
You're talking about a physical hardware wallet right? Like if you wanted to cash out and store your money and not make any further transactions right? If I want to keep buying/selling I have to keep it on the exchange like Coinbase/Bittrex and risk it being compromised?


Correct. There are different types of wallets like hardware, paper, or digital to name some.

So a paper wallet would be a QR Code that you could scan with your phone to send or receive coins.

A digital wallet is like Loafwallet, which is a Litecoin wallet created by the Litecoin Foundation. It connects directly to the Litecoin network adding some extra security features. (Loafwallet is one of the best digital wallets in the cryptosphere and where I stored my LTC before getting a Ledger)

A hardware wallet is a physical wallet. Think of it as a safe. Usually it looks like a USB. This is the best measure of security. It's pretty much cold storage. Still, you can transfer to another wallet or exchange pretty quickly. You wouldn't "cash out" though, you would just move your coins from exchange to wallet.

If you want to keep buying/selling or trading, I would suggest that you trade your BTC/LTC/ETH on GDAX. You use your coinbase sign in to log in, and limit buys and sells are free. Limit buys are when you set the price for a buy or sell before it reaches that price. Once your limit is hit, your order goes through. So if I set a limit sell of 10 LTC @ 400, your 10 LTC will stay on the exchnage until it reaches 400, then your order will fill, you'll complete the sell and you'll have your cash with NO fees!
RE: Giants in 07  
Giants in 07 : 12/14/2017 11:39 am : link
In comment 13740084 UConn4523 said:
Quote:
that really isn't true. See my previous post. There is chance (how big or small I don't know) that bitcoin will have ZERO value one day.


UCONN, of course it could..but it's a very small chance in my totally biased opinion! Too mainstream now. Too many people talking about it. And yet still not mainstream at all. Go ask 50 people on the street to explain what a Bitcoin is to you. I'd say maybe 2 could and they'd be very general definitions.

Ask those same 50 people the price of bitcoin though and I'd guess more than 50% would know that.

It's all in the tech. That's what is most important and that's what will drive integration.
RE: RE: Dumb question about wallets  
BigBlue4You09 : 12/14/2017 11:42 am : link
In comment 13740194 Giants in 07 said:
Quote:
In comment 13740099 BigBlue4You09 said:


Quote:


You're talking about a physical hardware wallet right? Like if you wanted to cash out and store your money and not make any further transactions right? If I want to keep buying/selling I have to keep it on the exchange like Coinbase/Bittrex and risk it being compromised?



Correct. There are different types of wallets like hardware, paper, or digital to name some.

So a paper wallet would be a QR Code that you could scan with your phone to send or receive coins.

A digital wallet is like Loafwallet, which is a Litecoin wallet created by the Litecoin Foundation. It connects directly to the Litecoin network adding some extra security features. (Loafwallet is one of the best digital wallets in the cryptosphere and where I stored my LTC before getting a Ledger)

A hardware wallet is a physical wallet. Think of it as a safe. Usually it looks like a USB. This is the best measure of security. It's pretty much cold storage. Still, you can transfer to another wallet or exchange pretty quickly. You wouldn't "cash out" though, you would just move your coins from exchange to wallet.

If you want to keep buying/selling or trading, I would suggest that you trade your BTC/LTC/ETH on GDAX. You use your coinbase sign in to log in, and limit buys and sells are free. Limit buys are when you set the price for a buy or sell before it reaches that price. Once your limit is hit, your order goes through. So if I set a limit sell of 10 LTC @ 400, your 10 LTC will stay on the exchnage until it reaches 400, then your order will fill, you'll complete the sell and you'll have your cash with NO fees!


Wow great info, thanks! Setting up a GDAX account now. Does anyone know if it's true the fees are higher if you sell within your first year?
RE: RE: RE: Dumb question about wallets  
Giants in 07 : 12/14/2017 11:50 am : link
In comment 13740217 BigBlue4You09 said:
Quote:
In comment 13740194 Giants in 07 said:


Quote:


In comment 13740099 BigBlue4You09 said:


Quote:


You're talking about a physical hardware wallet right? Like if you wanted to cash out and store your money and not make any further transactions right? If I want to keep buying/selling I have to keep it on the exchange like Coinbase/Bittrex and risk it being compromised?



Correct. There are different types of wallets like hardware, paper, or digital to name some.

So a paper wallet would be a QR Code that you could scan with your phone to send or receive coins.

A digital wallet is like Loafwallet, which is a Litecoin wallet created by the Litecoin Foundation. It connects directly to the Litecoin network adding some extra security features. (Loafwallet is one of the best digital wallets in the cryptosphere and where I stored my LTC before getting a Ledger)

A hardware wallet is a physical wallet. Think of it as a safe. Usually it looks like a USB. This is the best measure of security. It's pretty much cold storage. Still, you can transfer to another wallet or exchange pretty quickly. You wouldn't "cash out" though, you would just move your coins from exchange to wallet.

If you want to keep buying/selling or trading, I would suggest that you trade your BTC/LTC/ETH on GDAX. You use your coinbase sign in to log in, and limit buys and sells are free. Limit buys are when you set the price for a buy or sell before it reaches that price. Once your limit is hit, your order goes through. So if I set a limit sell of 10 LTC @ 400, your 10 LTC will stay on the exchnage until it reaches 400, then your order will fill, you'll complete the sell and you'll have your cash with NO fees!



Wow great info, thanks! Setting up a GDAX account now. Does anyone know if it's true the fees are higher if you sell within your first year?


Anytime! Love talking about this stuff. So interesting!

Short Term Capital Gains are about 10% higher on average than Long Term Capital Gains, based on your income of course.

Uconn, apologies if my response came off as snoody. I just really believe in the technology.
Ripple up 105% today  
BigBlue4You09 : 12/14/2017 1:43 pm : link
Got in at the right time!
I still dont know how to buy ripple!  
knicks3031 : 12/14/2017 2:09 pm : link
This is so damn frustrating. Already would have been up like 3x if it was remotely possible to invest in it!
RE: I still dont know how to buy ripple!  
BigBlue4You09 : 12/14/2017 2:29 pm : link
In comment 13740560 knicks3031 said:
Quote:
This is so damn frustrating. Already would have been up like 3x if it was remotely possible to invest in it!


Took me a while to understand too. Create an account on Binance or Bittrex and get verified (hardest part). Then you transfer Bitcoin from Coinbase to them and purchase Ripple, IOTA, etc. Check the coins you want on the exchanges first because each is different.

Rumor is Ripple, Dash and Monero are coming to Coinbase next month. That would be ideal.
To buy Ripple XRP  
widmerseyebrow : 12/14/2017 3:48 pm : link
Start the process of getting verified with a real exchange. To get some right now buy Ether, Bitcoin, or Litecoin on Coinbase and use Changelly or Shapeshift to exchange and send to your personal wallet all in one step.
i'm not interesting in investing at this time  
UConn4523 : 12/14/2017 3:59 pm : link
but would it make sense to go through the approval process now for when the time does come? Seems like that's the biggest pain in the ass. Is there a cost to open an account?
RE: i'm not interesting in investing at this time  
BigBlue4You09 : 12/14/2017 4:20 pm : link
In comment 13740805 UConn4523 said:
Quote:
but would it make sense to go through the approval process now for when the time does come? Seems like that's the biggest pain in the ass. Is there a cost to open an account?


No it's free. Each is a little different with their process but the most secure ones require a passport/license picture, and a selfie holding your ID and handwritten note. It's pretty easy and some verify much quicker than others. Can't hurt to start now and at least learn more in the process.
Crazy day for Ripple  
BigBlue4You09 : 12/14/2017 7:07 pm : link
Passed Bitcoin Cash for the 3rd largest market cap of digital currencies
Oh boy!  
Giants in 07 : 12/15/2017 10:58 am : link
Could be another good weekend. Charts look good!

People finally getting verified on Coinbase after a week long wait + price rising = FOMO
RE: Oh boy!  
BigBlue4You09 : 12/15/2017 11:04 am : link
In comment 13741627 Giants in 07 said:
Quote:
Could be another good weekend. Charts look good!

People finally getting verified on Coinbase after a week long wait + price rising = FOMO


Canít decide if I should buy more LTC, hmm
Bitcoin on its way to $19K  
BigBlue4You09 : 12/16/2017 10:56 am : link
...
RE: Bitcoin on its way to $19K  
DennyInDenville : 12:36 am : link
In comment 13742655 BigBlue4You09 said:
Quote:
...

Li
RE: Bitcoin on its way to $19K  
DennyInDenville : 12:37 am : link
In comment 13742655 BigBlue4You09 said:
Quote:
...

Litecoin starting to surge back up

Bitcoin looking strong as well closing in on 20k
Ripple is in a good spot  
widmerseyebrow : 12:42 am : link
Leveled out around $0.75 and they are going to announce partnerships with two major "household" brands that are NOT banks. Could be expanding into e-commerce.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner