Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

Why does Josh Allen have such a low completion %?

BestFeature : 1/5/2018 7:30 pm
So like many I'm intrigued by the guy. But I can't get past his low completion %. Can someone who watches more college football than me explain the issue? Is it his mechanics or more of a problem of having a bad team around him? Something else?
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
RE: Some execs liken him to Jake Locker  
widmerseyebrow : 1/5/2018 11:34 pm : link
In comment 13774526 David B. said:
Quote:
More than Rothlesberger. Ask 5: What's the best NFL comp for Wyoming's Josh Allen? - ( New Window )


Rapistberger? What a joke. Anybody who saw Ben at Miami of Ohio and Allen at Wyoming and says they are similar should have their driver's license revoked for poor vision.
Because he's not accurate.  
AcesUp : 1/5/2018 11:38 pm : link
I think this is a blindspot among NFL talent evaluators, they assume they can fix guys. There's a pretty convincing correlation between college accuracy numbers and NFL success, he's well below the threshold. I'm very pro-QB, but he scares me. If we're going outliers, I think we're more likely to see Baker Mayfield find throwing lanes despite his stature than see Josh Allen learn how to be accurate in the NFL.
Good year to have to pick a qb  
HomerJones45 : 1/5/2018 11:43 pm : link
lots to choose from. This may be one of those rare years like 2004 where there are no bad choices among the top guys.

Allen is intriguing because he has such a set of physical tools including that cannon of an arm and he spent most of his time under center and not in the spread-shotgun. I wouldn't get too worked up over the completion percentage. 10 more completions and he's at 60%. Impressive that he is mentioned in the top 5 of the draft after 26 starts. Worth keeping an eye on him in the all-star bowl games.
RE: RE: Some execs liken him to Jake Locker  
AcesUp : 1/5/2018 11:46 pm : link
In comment 13774530 widmerseyebrow said:
Quote:
In comment 13774526 David B. said:


Quote:


More than Rothlesberger. Ask 5: What's the best NFL comp for Wyoming's Josh Allen? - ( New Window )



Rapistberger? What a joke. Anybody who saw Ben at Miami of Ohio and Allen at Wyoming and says they are similar should have their driver's license revoked for poor vision.


Don't have an opinion or care what your point is here, but you've seen a ton of Big Ben at Miami OH 15 years ago and Josh Allen at Wyoming???
As others have said, he has horrible talent around him, including  
yatqb : 1/5/2018 11:52 pm : link
no OL and poor receivers who don't get open. He also seems to run even before he needs to (although that may be because he has so little faith in his receivers to get open, so that when he's rushed he immediately bails out of the pocket). And he throws everything 100 MPH.

Josh Allen competetion  
AcesUp : 1/5/2018 11:59 pm : link
He's in the Mountain West...his talent might suck, but his competition isn't exactly the SEC. I'm not buying that argument with him.
RE: Because he's not accurate.  
HomerJones45 : 1/6/2018 12:00 am : link
In comment 13774532 AcesUp said:
Quote:
I think this is a blindspot among NFL talent evaluators, they assume they can fix guys. There's a pretty convincing correlation between college accuracy numbers and NFL success, he's well below the threshold. I'm very pro-QB, but he scares me. If we're going outliers, I think we're more likely to see Baker Mayfield find throwing lanes despite his stature than see Josh Allen learn how to be accurate in the NFL.
Eh, we'll see when he is throwing to better receivers in the all star games. Russell Wilson never completed 60% of his passes until he transferred to WI. Carson Wentz completed the exact same pct this season with the Eagles as he did at NDS. Eli's completion percentage is the pros is the same as it was in college. Hard to say there is some correlation when college players play different schedules in different systems with less skilled receivers than the pros.
*His surrounding talent  
AcesUp : 1/6/2018 12:00 am : link
.
He scares me also  
allstarjim : 1/6/2018 12:03 am : link
His range is Aaron Rodgers to Jake Locker. I think too big a risk. But I think Rosen's risk is as high. Allen did not have any talent to speak of around him. I can see Mayfield and Darnold as successes in the NFL before I can Allen.

The risk/reward is extremely high on both sides. The floor for other options are much higher.
RE: RE: Because he's not accurate.  
AcesUp : 1/6/2018 12:07 am : link
In comment 13774547 HomerJones45 said:
Quote:
In comment 13774532 AcesUp said:


Quote:


I think this is a blindspot among NFL talent evaluators, they assume they can fix guys. There's a pretty convincing correlation between college accuracy numbers and NFL success, he's well below the threshold. I'm very pro-QB, but he scares me. If we're going outliers, I think we're more likely to see Baker Mayfield find throwing lanes despite his stature than see Josh Allen learn how to be accurate in the NFL.

Eh, we'll see when he is throwing to better receivers in the all star games. Russell Wilson never completed 60% of his passes until he transferred to WI. Carson Wentz completed the exact same pct this season with the Eagles as he did at NDS. Eli's completion percentage is the pros is the same as it was in college. Hard to say there is some correlation when college players play different schedules in different systems with less skilled receivers than the pros.


That's the thing. You saw Eli with limited surrounding talent in the SEC. You saw Russell Wilson playing against a stacked deck at NCST in the ACC. I don't see a significant talent deficiency at Wyoming vs. the comp to justify his lower number at Wyoming. And he's looked pretty damn bad vs. legitimate OOC competition, which is only Iowa and Oregon. To top it off, his accuracy numbers are still lower than Eli and Wilson's...56% is pretty damn bad.
His college career completion %  
DonQuixote : 1/6/2018 12:20 am : link
was around 1 point lower than Dan Marino's...just saying.
RE: RE: RE: Because he's not accurate.  
HomerJones45 : 1/6/2018 12:20 am : link
In comment 13774553 AcesUp said:
Quote:
In comment 13774547 HomerJones45 said:


Quote:


In comment 13774532 AcesUp said:


Quote:


I think this is a blindspot among NFL talent evaluators, they assume they can fix guys. There's a pretty convincing correlation between college accuracy numbers and NFL success, he's well below the threshold. I'm very pro-QB, but he scares me. If we're going outliers, I think we're more likely to see Baker Mayfield find throwing lanes despite his stature than see Josh Allen learn how to be accurate in the NFL.

Eh, we'll see when he is throwing to better receivers in the all star games. Russell Wilson never completed 60% of his passes until he transferred to WI. Carson Wentz completed the exact same pct this season with the Eagles as he did at NDS. Eli's completion percentage is the pros is the same as it was in college. Hard to say there is some correlation when college players play different schedules in different systems with less skilled receivers than the pros.



That's the thing. You saw Eli with limited surrounding talent in the SEC. You saw Russell Wilson playing against a stacked deck at NCST in the ACC. I don't see a significant talent deficiency at Wyoming vs. the comp to justify his lower number at Wyoming. And he's looked pretty damn bad vs. legitimate OOC competition, which is only Iowa and Oregon. To top it off, his accuracy numbers are still lower than Eli and Wilson's...56% is pretty damn bad.
Well that's a good point. I have no idea how Wyoming stacks up talent wise with the rest of the teams in its conference. FWIW, they were 5-3 in the conference which placed them 4th behind Boise, Fresno and San Diego.
In very large part  
You'reMyBoyBlue!! : 1/6/2018 12:22 am : link
due to surrounding talent and scheme.

He also definitely has some footwork and accuracy issues (tho I personally think it's overblown). But a legit concern for sure.
The most overhyped prospect on BBI.  
Section331 : 1/6/2018 12:24 am : link
He has a low completion % because he is really inaccurate. Great arm, very good athlete, but he is a project. I hate to break it to all those who poo poo him, but Davis Webb was better coming out of Cal.
He was 9-19 for 90 yards  
Section331 : 1/6/2018 12:26 am : link
against mighty Hawaii. Was that comp too high for him? Give me a break.
RE: RE: RE: RE: Because he's not accurate.  
You'reMyBoyBlue!! : 1/6/2018 12:28 am : link
In comment 13774560 HomerJones45 said:
Quote:
In comment 13774553 AcesUp said:


Quote:


In comment 13774547 HomerJones45 said:


Quote:


In comment 13774532 AcesUp said:


Quote:


FWIW, they were 5-3 in the conference which placed them 4th behind Boise, Fresno and San Diego.


5-1 with him. 0-2 without
You can do that with every QB  
AcesUp : 1/6/2018 12:33 am : link
Where is Oklahoma without Baker?
I suspect he's not the brightest bulb in the shed  
Milton : 1/6/2018 12:40 am : link
A great arm without a brain attached to it is just a tease.
RE: You can do that with every QB  
You'reMyBoyBlue!! : 1/6/2018 12:43 am : link
In comment 13774572 AcesUp said:
Quote:
Where is Oklahoma without Baker?


Obviously much worse (tho probably not terrible).

Just adding some additional info. Without Allen that offense was atrocious
RE: He was 9-19 for 90 yards  
BurberryManning : 1/6/2018 1:26 am : link
In comment 13774565 Section331 said:
Quote:
against mighty Hawaii. Was that comp too high for him? Give me a break.
And how did Josh Allen fare against Central Michigan, which entered their bowl game with one of the top passing defenses in all of college football?
RE: RE: RE: Some execs liken him to Jake Locker  
widmerseyebrow : 1/6/2018 1:38 am : link
In comment 13774534 AcesUp said:
Quote:
In comment 13774530 widmerseyebrow said:


Quote:


In comment 13774526 David B. said:


Quote:


More than Rothlesberger. Ask 5: What's the best NFL comp for Wyoming's Josh Allen? - ( New Window )



Rapistberger? What a joke. Anybody who saw Ben at Miami of Ohio and Allen at Wyoming and says they are similar should have their driver's license revoked for poor vision.



Don't have an opinion or care what your point is here, but you've seen a ton of Big Ben at Miami OH 15 years ago and Josh Allen at Wyoming???


Yea, crazy that I was lucky enough to be alive way back when Ben Roethlisberger was in college.

What?
..  
AcesUp : 1/6/2018 2:00 am : link
And playing in the MAC before internet video was really a thing. Keep grinding that film bro...
He looks like Bret Favre on Film  
Rafflee : 1/6/2018 8:09 am : link
But Highlights are Highlights.

Eli started his career with Completion % in the Middling 50's--- changes in offense and his performance lifted him to the 60% range. Completion % is a moveablke stats. If you're comparing Accuracy, you need to get to very specific throws and make a judgement---it doesn't come screaming off a stat sheet.

As for Physical Talent...he's among at least 3 qb's who have the Physical Dewars Profile, and can Make All The Throws--ask Jamarcus RusselL how easily that translates to being an NFL QB

The Balance of eval on these guys is getting them on the Board and assessing their Football Intelligence and Work Ethic--- what will they do in the 144 hours that are Not Game Day?
RE: His college career completion %  
Gatorade Dunk : 1/6/2018 8:37 am : link
In comment 13774559 DonQuixote said:
Quote:
was around 1 point lower than Dan Marino's...just saying.

You really can't compare across eras like that. Passing was far less efficient 35 years ago.
I think its because  
Powerclean765 : 1/6/2018 9:04 am : link
he ad libs so much trying to make a play. He isnt catching the snap, planting his foot & throwing to the correct read : usually it looks like a chinese fire drill aroond him w/ the OL breaking down.

But his go to move seems to be pulling the ball down, rolling out, pump faking and trying to squeeze throws in at the sideline.

When he just drops back and throws, he looks like Elway.

The question is why does he do that? Sometimes he has to, sometimes he doesnt. I can definitely see the Locker comparison.
I should add:  
Powerclean765 : 1/6/2018 9:07 am : link
What really props the guy up besides his size & arm is the leadership and likability factor. He is friends and shows interest in everyone on the team from the defense to the coaches & equipment managers. Everybody loves the guy.
RE: And why does he have such a low QB rating?  
DonnieD89 : 1/6/2018 9:22 am : link
In comment 13774336 TC said:
Quote:
This is why I love all the "gotta take a QB in round one" stuff. And "it's gotta be XXXXX, he's a FRANCHISE QB!" Hell, even the guys who do it for a living are wrong as often as they're right; but YOU know!?!?


Agreed! Got a love the Cro-Magnon thinking on this board not knowing to what degree the actual talent is. Letís choose a quarterback at pick #2, regardless if heís below the talent level of other players in this draft. The question is where do they fit compared to other drafts and at what talent level are they compared to the current non-quarterback players. All I hear about these quarterbacks are great arm and talent but has a poor completion percentage, He is a great decision maker on the field but has two concussions already. He has a great pocket presents but has mental lapses. I want a player that can impact his team right away from day one. I do not care if itís a QB, RB, DE, OT, or CB. Letís not come to absolute conclusions about #2.
If I try to put aside my bias (as a big JA fan)....  
BurberryManning : 1/6/2018 10:23 am : link
The truth regarding Allenís accuracy is probably somewhere in the middle of the extremes- itís silly to ignore externalities inhibiting his completion % but he clearly needs to work on footwork and consistency.

The competition issues with Allen are real, evident, and obvious upon watching any Wyoming games. Yes, Wyoming plays in a poor league but they have talent inferior to that even if their mediocre opponents (check recruiting). In fact, this is the first time in quite a while that Wyoming has made consecutive bowl games because theyíre traditionally an inferior program.

The sample size issues can be looked at with different perspectives; with 270 pass attempts across 11 games an additional two completions each game suddenly puts Allenís completion rate at a very respectible64%. On the other hand, two seasons at Wyoming and a season of JC gives this issue less credence. I think what this demonstrates is that context is key. As weíve seen with Eli, a QB can play at a much higher level with lower percentage figures due to the offensive scheme while playing at a less effective level with a higher completion percentage. Hell, if you watched Wyomingís bowl game against Central Michigan (which entered the game with a top 5 pass defense) you would know that Allenís performance put the game out of reach within the first quarter but the box score makes it appear to be a so-so performance.

What you know youíre getting with Allen is otherworldly arm strength, strong mobility, a big frame, an outgoing personality, and a competitive spirit. You still need to develop his consistently, accuracy, and field vision.
QB is so much more important than any other position  
Vanzetti : 1/6/2018 10:31 am : link
Thatís why mediocre QBs like Carr and Cousins command 20+ million salaries

Also, why a mediocre QB can just sidetrack a franchise. Anyone here worried about the Cowboys as long as they have Dak at QB? Not me. But the Eagles with Wentz? How do you feel about facing Carson Wentz for the next decade?
What I like about Allen  
Jay on the Island : 1/6/2018 10:36 am : link
- He has rare arm talent(compared to Elway)
- He is a big QB that is tough to bring down like Roethlisberger
- He is athletic and he can escape the pocket if he needs to
- He often goes through his progressions if the primary received is covered
- Reportedly well respected in the locker room and a hard worker

What I donít like:
- Completion percentage is lower than expected
- He often tries to do too much and forces throws he shouldnít make. This could be tied to him trying to overcome a lack of talent around him.
- He is very raw and needs to sit for a year to work on his mechanics (the Giants are a great destination though if Eli remains)

I am in the minority here but I am willing to take a chance on Allen if he does well in workouts and interviews. His talent doesnít come along very often. If it wasnít for Rosenís concussions I would want to take a chance on him at 2 but I just think he is too risky especially with the current state of the offensive line.
RE: QB is so much more important than any other position  
Jay on the Island : 1/6/2018 10:39 am : link
In comment 13774760 Vanzetti said:
Quote:
Thatís why mediocre QBs like Carr and Cousins command 20+ million salaries

Also, why a mediocre QB can just sidetrack a franchise. Anyone here worried about the Cowboys as long as they have Dak at QB? Not me. But the Eagles with Wentz? How do you feel about facing Carson Wentz for the next decade?

Agreed which is why I think the Giants have to find their next QB at 2. There is so much pressure on making the right pick. If they pass on a Qb or select the wrong one then it could set this team back 5+ years. Wentz is the real deal so the Giants need to find their guy to lead us for the next 10+ years or else the Eagles will rule the east for the next decade.
Strong write-up, Jay  
BurberryManning : 1/6/2018 10:51 am : link
.
RE: His college career completion %  
montanagiant : 1/6/2018 11:23 am : link
In comment 13774559 DonQuixote said:
Quote:
was around 1 point lower than Dan Marino's...just saying.

It's also only 4% underneath Josh Rosen's avg who is considered the mpost accurate QB available
Craig Bohl coached Carson Wentz and Josh Allen  
jbeintherockies : 1/6/2018 11:48 am : link
Josh Allen is a big name here in Colorado. We have a lot of Wyoming Cowboys graduates and fans here. Craig Bohl is the Wyoming head coach; formerly the North Dakota State head coach. NDSU is the school Carson Wentz attended and was coached by Bohl and the current Wyoming OC, Vigen. John Elway was in attendance at the Wyoming vs Central Michigan Potato Bowl on 12/22/2017. Wyoming won big, 37-14.

Denver Post article:
https://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/22/josh-allen-wyoming-qb/

The linked SI article has a quote from the Wyoming head coach about how Allen and Wentz compare. Search for "If I had a quarter" to find it.
Link - ( New Window )
Completion %  
KWALL2 : 1/6/2018 12:49 pm : link
Is a concern but the positives are stacked for this prospect. I've seen a few games only but he looks the part. He can rip the throws and he can move. I like the Ben comp but he's even more athletic than Ben. In college Ben made a lot of highlight reel plays with his arm. He has much better college production.

Allen's INT % is very high. Not a lot of game experience.

He played about the same amount of college ball as Flacco (who played even weaker comp). Flacco was a very good athlete too but Allen is better.

He comes with a few question marks that need to be answered before the draft. I'd bet on him because the rare physical talent is obvious.
So nobody else is concerned that it may be...  
Milton : 1/6/2018 1:12 pm : link
...the guy just isn't that bright? What would you put as the over-under on his Wonderlic score?
Roethlisberger, Cam, and Favre comparisons all carry some merit...  
BurberryManning : 1/6/2018 1:28 pm : link
Allen has the body type of a younger Roethlisberger- who used to put up a few hundred yards of rushing each season- the improvisational instincts of Favre- along with a similar howitzer attached to his right shoulder- and the running style of Newton- who is clearly more athletic. Obviously the question remains, does Allen also compare to Hackenburg with regards to accuracy.
RE: So nobody else is concerned that it may be...  
BurberryManning : 1/6/2018 1:37 pm : link
In comment 13774955 Milton said:
Quote:
...the guy just isn't that bright? What would you put as the over-under on his Wonderlic score?
Iím curious to know what leads you to believe that heís not very intelligent...and not in a snarky way. Iíve wondered myself, as he comes off very ďfolksyĒ in interviews but then again heís a farm boy from the middle of Nowhere, CA.

As for the wonderlic, Iíll be interested. Some scores to note: Eli (39), Roethlisberger (25), Webb (25), Cam (21), Deshaun Watson (20).
Burberry  
Milton : 1/6/2018 1:52 pm : link
It's based on a few little things, but nothing concrete, so it's mostly just a hunch of mine. But here goes...
1. It's the easiest way to explain why such a physically gifted player would have such little success in a weak conference.
2. It also may be a reason he received no interest from higher level football schools.
3. If you can judge a man's intelligence by his facial expressions (and I'm not saying you can), he has that dull-eyed look of a person who doesn't have too much going on behind his eyes.
4. Scouting reports have criticized his decision-making. Here's a blurb from Boylhart...
Quote:
My biggest concern in profiling Josh is he plays dumb at inopportune times of games. He doesnít throw the ball away, tries to do too much and loses site of down and distance situations. His production was down this year and the ability for him to impact against tough competition is questionable. Most of this was because he just wasnít playing smart football. His accuracy stats are not where most teams would like to see them but that can attributed to two issues, lack of talent to throw to and the fact he throws a hard ball in some very cold weather situations. Iím not saying that he is not the smartest tool in the shed, but I am saying that under pressure and with a less that stellar support system that Josh does not play smart. His talent is franchise like but his play on the field at times can be moreÖ backup quarterback like.

Am I being unfair? Of course. I never met the guy, never had a conversation with him. But it's my "suspicion" and this is just an internet bulletin board, so no harm, no foul.
RE: RE: He was 9-19 for 90 yards  
Section331 : 1/6/2018 1:54 pm : link
In comment 13774586 BurberryManning said:
Quote:
And how did Josh Allen fare against Central Michigan, which entered their bowl game with one of the top passing defenses in all of college football?


11 of 19 for 154 yards? Excuse me if I donít crack the champagne. He played pretty well, but that is part of the problem, heís terribly inconsistent. Hawaii had the 113th ranked defense, and he stunk up the joint. That means something.

Heís got undeniable talent, donít get me wrong, but he is a project. I donít want a project at #2, or anywhere in the top 10.
Check out this  
mrvax : 1/6/2018 1:57 pm : link
Jackson vs. Allen video posted by Go Terps.
Completions? - ( New Window )
RE: RE: RE: He was 9-19 for 90 yards  
BurberryManning : 1/6/2018 2:18 pm : link
In comment 13774998 Section331 said:
Quote:
In comment 13774586 BurberryManning said:


Quote:


And how did Josh Allen fare against Central Michigan, which entered their bowl game with one of the top passing defenses in all of college football?



11 of 19 for 154 yards? Excuse me if I donít crack the champagne. He played pretty well, but that is part of the problem, heís terribly inconsistent. Hawaii had the 113th ranked defense, and he stunk up the joint. That means something.

Heís got undeniable talent, donít get me wrong, but he is a project. I donít want a project at #2, or anywhere in the top 10.
And therein lays the issue- boxscores do not do justice in many instances. If you watched Allen play in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl and did not come out impressed, then I'm not sure what to say. Allen dominated the first quarter, led the Cowboys to an insurmountable lead, and then Craig Bohl rightly turtled the offense to sit on the lead. IIRC, there were also a couple of drops and a couple of throw aways, of which +5% of his completion rate is sheared off in each instance. Allen's boxscore was pedestrian but his play was outstanding.

That was not a unique to just the bowl game; while Allen wasn't dime dropping three TD's every game he was routinely being victimized by drops (most drops in ncaa if I recall) and throwing the ball away due to a porous line....not to mention a lack of receiver separation and zero running game (top RB was a freshman LB to begin the year). Hell, if Josh wanted to pump up his stats he could surely become a Captain Checkdown or take sacks in the wake of each pressure.

Eli's completlion percentage this past season exceeded that of his 2011 season. I don't think anyone would claim that his level of performance reflected that.

As it relates to the Hawaii, it was a poor game. That being said he got the W and its hard not to salivate when he flashes
Prodigy Allen FTW - ( New Window )
Jackson  
XBRONX : 1/6/2018 2:22 pm : link
is the man.
.  
arcarsenal : 1/6/2018 2:25 pm : link
Allen seems way too risky for my liking @ 2nd overall.

Everyone knows I am firmly on the Lamar Jackson bandwagon, but I wouldn't take him 2nd overall, either - simply because I think we'd be able to move back into the tail end of the first to get him after taking a better bet @ 2.
RE: ..  
widmerseyebrow : 1/6/2018 2:33 pm : link
In comment 13774590 AcesUp said:
Quote:
And playing in the MAC before internet video was really a thing. Keep grinding that film bro...


You're right. Before internet video you had to physically be in attendance to watch a nationally ranked team play.

I have to admit I'm wondering if you're finally going to wave the white flag on this or double down on the impossibility of witnessing a nationally ranked team wayyyyy back in 2003.
TC  
joeinpa : 1/6/2018 2:54 pm : link
I m one of the quarterback guys, but never claimed to KNOW anyone is the guy.

What I do know is that picking second in the draft gives them a better chance of getting "the guy" then they ve had in a long time, and probably for a long time to come.
RE: He looks like Bret Favre on Film  
cosmicj : 1/6/2018 2:59 pm : link
In comment 13774654 Rafflee said:
Quote:
Completion % is a moveablke stats. If you're comparing Accuracy, you need to get to very specific throws and make a judgement---it doesn't come screaming off a stat sheet


Thank you. And Allen was running for his life with an OL that was completely outclassed by its competition.
Saw this on Twitter, thought it was interesting.  
BrettNYG10 : 1/6/2018 3:10 pm : link
Whole thread linked below.

Quote:
Season-long, top draft QBs, % of aimed passes deemed catchable (min 200 atts)

1. Baker Mayfield 84.1% (best in NCAA)
2. Josh Rosen 77.9%
3. Lamar Jackson 77.6%
4. Sam Darnold 74.1%
5. Josh Allen 70.8% (92nd out of 100)

NCAA AVG: 76.0%
@PFF_JohnKosko

Twitter - ( New Window )
Josh Allen will be the first pick in the draft book it.  
JerrysKids : 1/6/2018 3:31 pm : link
He is head and shoulders the best total package, best arm, biggest and most complete athlete out of all the QB's in the draft. Once they see him run a 40, and see his arm in person, not even close he will go #1. He is a man among boys. The completion percentage is totally overrated. In a NFL system with NFL talent this kid will be amazing.
RE: Saw this on Twitter, thought it was interesting.  
Gatorade Dunk : 1/6/2018 3:36 pm : link
In comment 13775100 BrettNYG10 said:
Quote:
Whole thread linked below.



Quote:


Season-long, top draft QBs, % of aimed passes deemed catchable (min 200 atts)

1. Baker Mayfield 84.1% (best in NCAA)
2. Josh Rosen 77.9%
3. Lamar Jackson 77.6%
4. Sam Darnold 74.1%
5. Josh Allen 70.8% (92nd out of 100)

NCAA AVG: 76.0%
@PFF_JohnKosko

Twitter - ( New Window )

Definitely an interesting stat. IMO, if Mayfield was 6'3", he'd be the no doubt #1 pick in the draft, even with the character questions.
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner