According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, the Orioles have some interest in acquiring Jacoby Ellsbury from the Yankees.
Sherman notes that while the O's have expressed interest, Ellsbury possesses a full no-trade clause and may only waive it to be closer to his home in Scottsdale, Arizona. If that's the case, the Giants or Diamondbacks could emerge as potential options. Link
- ( New Window
O's have become a weird organization. Becoming the 'Cleveland' team in 'Major League'?
But why would Ellsbury want to go there?
1) Ellsbury has a complete no trade
2) He would have to want to go to Baltimore
3) The Yanks would have to eat a massive amount of money
4) This would help the Yankees
5) Peter Angelos would rather chew off his own foot than help the Yankees in any way.
6) The Orioles would negotiate it and just as it was about to happen, they would demand extra money and prospects.
Ellsbury for Machado straight up.
OK for one the Yankees would be paying a lot entire of the remaining contract two it would take more than just Ellsbury. Ellsbury would go because he isn't going to see playing time with the Yankees. https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/new-york-yankees
would sound more like it.
Taking a nugget from what mdthedream posted, an idea about additional reasons the Yankees seem hell bent on a starting pitcher this offseason:
Every year at the trading deadline a key pitcher comes available.
Nothing is more attractive in a trade to a near contender not yet having their year ( maybe due to injuries to key players) than a starting pitcher in return.
sign Machado as a free agent. Why trade for him?
This guy has made enough money sitting on the bench to buy a home in all 50 States. Give me a break with that nonsense