Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

Odell counseling Eli Apple on twitter

Little Giants : 1/8/2018 1:06 am
Eli Apple has been talking trash tonight on twitter with random people coming after him. Finally, Odell chimed in and now they are having a bit of a back and forth.

I like seeing Odell trying to help his teammate out who clearly needs some help from friends.

First

Second
Third  
Little Giants : 1/8/2018 1:07 am : link
.
Third tweet - ( New Window )
Apple sucks  
Modus Operandi : 1/8/2018 1:12 am : link
But Odell is right. These knuckleheads on Twitter aren't worth it. I don't even know why these athletes bother to have Twitter. Nothing good comes of it.
.  
huygens20 : 1/8/2018 1:18 am : link
BBI made fun of the scout that said he had no life skills and couldnít cook
Now  
huygens20 : 1/8/2018 1:20 am : link
Eli Apple is depending on our next most emotionally unstable player for support.

Iím glad Odell is showing this level of maturity and sophistication

Horrified that Apple still does not get it.
Brutal behavior  
SHO'NUFF : 1/8/2018 1:51 am : link
by some of our "fans".
RE: Brutal behavior  
Ned In Atlanta : 1/8/2018 2:00 am : link
In comment 13777562 SHO'NUFF said:
Quote:
by some of our "fans".


Isnít it more concerning that Apple is still behaving like this even after the supposed come to Jesus talk with Gettleman? Itís clear that apology aside, Collins 100% meant what he said. This guy is a cancer. If they keep him next season there is no way this is ending well
App!e  
old man : 1/8/2018 2:13 am : link
Is one hurting kid. That " love was fake" part showed it. I'm guessing he feels betrayed by step dad, after being dumped by dad...in his mind..now everybody leeching.
...  
HitSquad : 1/8/2018 2:37 am : link
With the way he's acting out and the story about his family that became public; I kinda get the feeling Eli Apple might be battling depression.

I hope he gets help.

I know Brandon Marshall would be a good resource for him. He's a proponent for dealing with mental illness.
Eli Apple is a mental midget  
Nitro : 1/8/2018 4:50 am : link
get him off this team.
I dont like Eli Apple.  
Brown Recluse : 1/8/2018 5:19 am : link
And I hate Twitter.
When Odell is the voice of reason  
jeff57 : 1/8/2018 5:23 am : link
. . . .
Heís a grown man responding  
Tuckrule : 1/8/2018 5:33 am : link
To idiot trolls on twitter. He needs severe counseling. Tremendously insecure and needs to mature in order to have a career
Step 1 in Eli Appleís rehabilitation  
Dave in PA : 1/8/2018 6:36 am : link
Deactivate Twitter, Facebook, etc.
Someone needs to take his twatter away  
ZogZerg : 1/8/2018 7:01 am : link
What a fucking clown this guy is.
RE: Heís a grown man responding  
Jim in Forest Hills : 1/8/2018 7:12 am : link
In comment 13777585 Tuckrule said:
Quote:
To idiot trolls on twitter. He needs severe counseling. Tremendously insecure and needs to mature in order to have a career


He's not a grown man. Grown child.
Pick up a phone....  
Britt in VA : 1/8/2018 7:14 am : link
why does this have to happen in public?
RE: Pick up a phone....  
EricJ : 1/8/2018 7:25 am : link
In comment 13777608 Britt in VA said:
Quote:
why does this have to happen in public?


...because even though OBJ seems to come off as the voice of reason in this whole thing, both are guilty for having the discussion out in the open. OBJ should be texting Eli.

Eli Apple with his comment about it always being fake love confirmed by thoughts about him. He and his mother have this victim mentality. Fake love for Eli Apple? His best fans would be the ones who are giving him encouragement on twitter. That is all he has left and he is calling them fake. Soon after he was drafted, why would fans be fake? It just makes no sense. Some of us never liked him from the beginning and we have been consistent.

I just do not see this kid turning it around. My prediction is that he does not start the season on this team. If we can get a 3rd round pick for him now I would do it.
Apple needs thicker skin.  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 1/8/2018 8:04 am : link
...
RE: Brutal behavior  
sharpshooter66 : 1/8/2018 8:05 am : link
In comment 13777562 SHO'NUFF said:
Quote:
by some of our "fans".


Yeah this. I hate twitter
Time to start including a 'No Twitter' clause  
smshmth8690 : 1/8/2018 8:41 am : link
into some rookie contracts. What a ridiculous distraction.
Yeah ...  
Beezer : 1/8/2018 8:49 am : link
... some people deserve privileges. I realize these people have contracts. But they ARE employees.

Legal folks - are there are things an employer can do to stop someone like Apple from using social media? Seems like maybe not, realistically, but it would certainly help focus someone like this guy.
RE: Yeah ...  
Mike from Ohio : 1/8/2018 8:53 am : link
In comment 13777695 Beezer said:
Quote:
... some people deserve privileges. I realize these people have contracts. But they ARE employees.

Legal folks - are there are things an employer can do to stop someone like Apple from using social media? Seems like maybe not, realistically, but it would certainly help focus someone like this guy.


No legal opinion here as I am not a lawyer, but do you really think social media is his problem? Social media is a symptom. Taking that away is not going to "focus" him. He is immature, not a victim of twitter.
RE: RE: Pick up a phone....  
ajr2456 : 1/8/2018 8:54 am : link
In comment 13777612 EricJ said:
Quote:
In comment 13777608 Britt in VA said:


Quote:


why does this have to happen in public?



...because even though OBJ seems to come off as the voice of reason in this whole thing, both are guilty for having the discussion out in the open. OBJ should be texting Eli.

Eli Apple with his comment about it always being fake love confirmed by thoughts about him. He and his mother have this victim mentality. Fake love for Eli Apple? His best fans would be the ones who are giving him encouragement on twitter. That is all he has left and he is calling them fake. Soon after he was drafted, why would fans be fake? It just makes no sense. Some of us never liked him from the beginning and we have been consistent.

I just do not see this kid turning it around. My prediction is that he does not start the season on this team. If we can get a 3rd round pick for him now I would do it.


I knew somehow someone would say Odell was doing something wrong
RE: RE: RE: Pick up a phone....  
EricJ : 1/8/2018 8:57 am : link
In comment 13777703 ajr2456 said:
Quote:
\

I knew somehow someone would say Odell was doing something wrong


It's not horrible but you dont think he should have spoken to him in private instead of on twitter? What is wrong with you?
twitter is for twits.  
Victor in CT : 1/8/2018 9:04 am : link
waste of time.
RE: RE: RE: RE: Pick up a phone....  
UConn4523 : 1/8/2018 9:16 am : link
In comment 13777710 EricJ said:
Quote:
In comment 13777703 ajr2456 said:


Quote:


\

I knew somehow someone would say Odell was doing something wrong



It's not horrible but you dont think he should have spoken to him in private instead of on twitter? What is wrong with you?


We live in a world where we prefer all athletes do things the way we want them. These guys communicate online, people use apps to pick up chicks, it is what it is. And he could also very well be talking to him on the phone but is "standing up for him" in a way to the online community.

Fans also need to get with the times.
Yep...  
FatMan in Charlotte : 1/8/2018 9:19 am : link
Quote:
I knew somehow someone would say Odell was doing something wrong


Like moths to a flame.

We'll probably hear something about a dog peeing celebration before too long.
Ugh  
Rong5611 : 1/8/2018 9:20 am : link
This dude needs to get his head on straight...ugh.
He should just sign up for BBI he'll fit right in  
gtt350 : 1/8/2018 9:32 am : link
.
RE: Pick up a phone....  
Joey in VA : 1/8/2018 9:58 am : link
In comment 13777608 Britt in VA said:
Quote:
why does this have to happen in public?
You know why. It started there, it spread there and Odell wants everybody to SEE him supporting his teammate because in this day and age that carries more weight to these kids. You donít know that he hasnít called or texted him but public support from a high profile teammate will help. Itís weird, I get it but itís the right path.
You know you have hit rock bottem when  
Since1965 : 1/8/2018 12:24 pm : link
you need advice from Odell Beckham on how to behave.
RE: .  
Modus Operandi : 1/8/2018 1:36 pm : link
In comment 13777554 huygens20 said:
Quote:
BBI made fun of the scout that said he had no life skills and couldnít cook


Eli Apple may very well flop in the NFL, but it won't be because of his lack of culinary skills.

That's a ridiculous take for a draft guy to have.
Teammate?  
BrettNYG10 : 1/8/2018 3:11 pm : link
Seems optimistic.
RE: RE: .  
ron mexico : 1/8/2018 3:16 pm : link
In comment 13778348 Modus Operandi said:
Quote:
In comment 13777554 huygens20 said:


Quote:


BBI made fun of the scout that said he had no life skills and couldnít cook



Eli Apple may very well flop in the NFL, but it won't be because of his lack of culinary skills.

That's a ridiculous take for a draft guy to have.


People focused on the cooking comment but the guy was making a broader point that turned out to be true.
The broader point may not be relevant at all  
Ten Ton Hammer : 1/8/2018 3:25 pm : link
College athletes aren't well-rounded and adjusted people. They're highly specialized for one goal, making it to the pro level. I don't think very many of them enter the league with the same life skills you or I take for granted because they've never needed to have them in most cases. The life of a football player is a rigid routine.
The cooking thing was a perfect encaspulation  
Nitro : 1/8/2018 3:41 pm : link
of what a sheltered, hopeless case Apple is. No one is saying he need to be a well-rounded chef, nor was that the intent of the critique. I got the impression it was more commenting on something like he couldn't even make pasta or absolute basic, basic stuff. It was included as an illustration of his helplessness and his inability to cope with the 'rigors' of adult life, which the scout got down perfectly.

Lots of players go through trying things like parental divorce or estrangement. Most don't lash out at teammates, quit on the field, or make scatological jokes to reporters. It's not really in the Giants best interest with a team in flux to waste effort babysitting this headcase.
RE: The broader point may not be relevant at all  
ron mexico : 1/8/2018 4:01 pm : link
In comment 13778523 Ten Ton Hammer said:
Quote:
College athletes aren't well-rounded and adjusted people. They're highly specialized for one goal, making it to the pro level. I don't think very many of them enter the league with the same life skills you or I take for granted because they've never needed to have them in most cases. The life of a football player is a rigid routine.


His broader point wasnt about home ec skillls. It was about emotional maturity. And obviously the scout was comparing him relative to his peers
Back to the Corner