Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

Gary Myers: Matt Patricia still in the Giants coaching mix

GFAN52 : 1/8/2018 6:35 pm
Not sure how wired in Gary Myers is:

Gary Myers& #8207;Verified account
@garymyersNYDN
Follow Follow @garymyersNYDN
More
Matt Patricia is still very much in play with the Giants despite rumors he's going to Detroit. He's right in the mix with Josh McDaniels and Pat Shurmur. Steve Wilks will be interviewed this week, but only 1 yr as coordinator has him fourth.
I've heard several sources say ...  
DonQuixote : 1/8/2018 6:42 pm : link
... that the Detroit job is a favorable one, the Bears unfavorable. The Colts are a good landing spot for McDaniels, Detroit for Patricia, etc.

Does anyone know where this comes from and where the Giants fit in? I am trying not to be a homer and assume the Giants are a good gig for any coach (or player), but it strikes me that NYC provides so many more opportunities than Detroit, coverage, endorsements, etc...

Just curious.
Nothing against Patricia  
Emil : 1/8/2018 6:43 pm : link
But I really just don't see ownership going in that direction. He's an accomplished defensive coordinator, but on a team run by Belichick. Plus the Pats D isn't exactly a dominant unit. He's been with one organization his entire career I believe. And maybe it's just me, but I'd like a guy whose dealt with a little adversity in his profession. When was the last time the Pats lost 6 games? To me, he is more similar to McAdoo than any of the other candidates, except he's got multiple rings because he's a Patriot staffer.

As far as the optics of it all. I don't see Mara going for the bearded guy who wore the Goodell clown shirt.
It sounds like we have a good field to choose from  
Ira : 1/8/2018 6:43 pm : link
.
...  
Mdgiantsfan : 1/8/2018 6:45 pm : link
where are the asshats 😂
RE: Nothing against Patricia  
DonQuixote : 1/8/2018 6:46 pm : link
In comment 13778823 Emil said:
Quote:


As far as the optics of it all. I don't see Mara going for the bearded guy who wore the Goodell clown shirt.


As far as optics go, Patricia works well...at least for me.
Can we stop quoting Gary Myers (fish lips)  
EricJ : 1/8/2018 6:46 pm : link
??

The guy is just an asshole even if he is right this time
RE: RE: Nothing against Patricia  
Emil : 1/8/2018 6:47 pm : link
In comment 13778828 DonQuixote said:
Quote:
In comment 13778823 Emil said:


Quote:




As far as the optics of it all. I don't see Mara going for the bearded guy who wore the Goodell clown shirt.



As far as optics go, Patricia works well...at least for me.


I certainly don't care. Beards appear to be in and Goodell deserves the criticism. I don't see Mara liking either of things much. Assumption on my part, but I just don't see it.
Gary Myers  
Peppers : 1/8/2018 6:54 pm : link
Doing whatever he can. These Journalist are a lot like some of these posters around here with their "inside sources". They just throw shit against the fan hoping something sticks to the wall then they can say, "see I'm an insider".
This is, what, the fourth head coach  
Mr. Bungle : 1/8/2018 6:56 pm : link
Gary Myers put on the Giants' sideline in 2018?

My God, is he useless.
That means heís out of the mix  
jeff57 : 1/8/2018 7:00 pm : link
.
Regardless of Myers "information"  
GFAN52 : 1/8/2018 7:06 pm : link
Still think Detroit is the logical team for Patricia with his NE connection to the Detroit GM.
Still hoping it true.  
larryflower37 : 1/8/2018 7:09 pm : link
Want him over everyone else.
In 1990 they would have said  
The Turk : 1/8/2018 7:21 pm : link
Belicheck was a good d coordinator but on a team coached by Parcells. So if Patricia is good being BB's guy shouldn't disqualify him or minimize his qualifications.
I would  
Peter from NH (formerly CT) : 1/8/2018 7:28 pm : link
be happy with him.
RE: Can we stop quoting Gary Myers (fish lips)  
micky : 1/8/2018 7:47 pm : link
In comment 13778829 EricJ said:
Quote:
??

The guy is just an asshole even if he is right this time


this..he throws things out there in hopes stick. not a good source
RE: It sounds like we have a good field to choose from  
TyreeHelmet : 1/8/2018 7:53 pm : link
In comment 13778824 Ira said:
Quote:
.


Does it though? The candidates seem very underwhelming to me.
Myers  
ryanmkeane : 1/8/2018 7:54 pm : link
doubling down. Wilks is the 4th option?? Thats the opposite of what we are hearing.
This whole process  
GMEN46 : 1/8/2018 7:54 pm : link
Is deayed until after the championship game tonight. Something tells me Saban may be the guy
Patricia to me seems like too nice of a guy to be head coach  
rasbutant : 1/8/2018 8:27 pm : link
Great trait as position coach. But you need a stronger personality to be head coach.
RE: Nothing against Patricia  
paesan98 : 1/9/2018 12:33 am : link
In comment 13778823 Emil said:
Quote:
But I really just don't see ownership going in that direction. He's an accomplished defensive coordinator, but on a team run by Belichick. Plus the Pats D isn't exactly a dominant unit. He's been with one organization his entire career I believe. And maybe it's just me, but I'd like a guy whose dealt with a little adversity in his profession. When was the last time the Pats lost 6 games? To me, he is more similar to McAdoo than any of the other candidates, except he's got multiple rings because he's a Patriot staffer.

As far as the optics of it all. I don't see Mara going for the bearded guy who wore the Goodell clown shirt.


Wait. You don't want him because he hasn't lost enough? I think some of you people post shit just to post it. He's been in his position for years. His defense didn't look so good at the beginning of the year, but his adjustments turned it around. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?
RE: In 1990 they would have said  
Victor in CT : 1/9/2018 8:52 am : link
In comment 13778880 The Turk said:
Quote:
Belicheck was a good d coordinator but on a team coached by Parcells. So if Patricia is good being BB's guy shouldn't disqualify him or minimize his qualifications.


Except that Parcells coaching tree is flush with successful HCs (Belichick, Coughlin, Peyton. Mike Zimmer and others. Even Al Groh had a winning record with the Jests). Belichick's guys all fail
RE: RE: In 1990 they would have said  
BigBlueDownTheShore : 1/9/2018 8:58 am : link
In comment 13779717 Victor in CT said:
Quote:
In comment 13778880 The Turk said:


Quote:


Belicheck was a good d coordinator but on a team coached by Parcells. So if Patricia is good being BB's guy shouldn't disqualify him or minimize his qualifications.



Except that Parcells coaching tree is flush with successful HCs (Belichick, Coughlin, Peyton. Mike Zimmer and others. Even Al Groh had a winning record with the Jests). Belichick's guys all fail


At one time people didn't think of it as successful.
I thought by now I'd have a feeling for how this was gonna go  
Heisenberg : 1/9/2018 9:05 am : link
My gut says Wilks seems to be the number one guy but Myers has him 4th. Who the hell knows?
Back to the Corner