Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

Derrick Henry

ajr2456 : 1/8/2018 11:36 pm
At the national title game with a playoff game this weekend. Thank God he's not on a boat, huh?
great thread  
Sonic Youth : 1/9/2018 12:19 am : link
.
What?  
B in ALB : 1/9/2018 12:21 am : link
Please never post again.
Well  
Breeze_94 : 1/9/2018 12:40 am : link
as long as he is back at practice when he needs to be, I see no issue.

Also, there is a bit of a difference between partying on a boat in Miami and being on the sideline to support/watch your alma matter in a championship game for 3 hours. Nashville isn't to far from Atlanta either.
RE: Well  
Breeze_94 : 1/9/2018 12:40 am : link
In comment 13779602 Breeze_94 said:
Quote:
as long as he is back at practice when he needs to be, I see no issue.

Also, there is a bit of a difference between partying on a boat in Miami and being on the sideline to support/watch your alma matter in a championship game for 3 hours. Nashville isn't to far from Atlanta either.


*too far
.  
rocco8112 : 1/9/2018 5:11 am : link


Q: What was your view of the infamous “boat trip” the week before the playoff game in Green Bay last January?
A: It’s not a good look. Who’s kidding who? Just like when [Tony] Romo and [Jason] Witten took off somewhere in [Cabo] that year. It’s not a good look.


Q: So you would be opposed to something like that?
A: Yes. Guys forget: There’s no guarantee you get in the playoffs every year. Ain’t no guarantee now! There’s no guarantee in this game.


yes!!  
micky : 1/9/2018 6:15 am : link
how dare he live!!
OBJ could have put all this controversy to bed  
Scuzzlebutt : 1/9/2018 8:15 am : link
just by showing up for the game against GB... But he played like shit. He left himself open to criticism and he got what he deserved. He can do no wrong in the eyes of some people.
RE: .  
section125 : 1/9/2018 8:19 am : link
In comment 13779634 rocco8112 said:
Quote:


Q: What was your view of the infamous “boat trip” the week before the playoff game in Green Bay last January?
A: It’s not a good look. Who’s kidding who? Just like when [Tony] Romo and [Jason] Witten took off somewhere in [Cabo] that year. It’s not a good look.


Q: So you would be opposed to something like that?
A: Yes. Guys forget: There’s no guarantee you get in the playoffs every year. Ain’t no guarantee now! There’s no guarantee in this game.



Looks bad, had nothing to do with the game. Don't care who says it....
today's life is about optics  
mdc1 : 1/9/2018 9:54 am : link
we are so connected, someone could see you drop a piece of trash and its all over the net with positive, neutral or negative comments. Welcome to this world. If you really like your job, the optics come with it. You don't care, then the optics will have a factor. Consider that when some are bagging groceries or doing regular job when out of the league.

It would be very responsible for the NFL and the college teams to create policies that help these guys complete school and get an education along with life skills training. Some of these guys have no business to be in the workforce with adults in which folks are keeping score beyond what is on the scoreboard.
RE: RE: .  
rocco8112 : 1/9/2018 10:38 am : link
In comment 13779686 section125 said:
Quote:
In comment 13779634 rocco8112 said:


Quote:




Q: What was your view of the infamous “boat trip” the week before the playoff game in Green Bay last January?
A: It’s not a good look. Who’s kidding who? Just like when [Tony] Romo and [Jason] Witten took off somewhere in [Cabo] that year. It’s not a good look.


Q: So you would be opposed to something like that?
A: Yes. Guys forget: There’s no guarantee you get in the playoffs every year. Ain’t no guarantee now! There’s no guarantee in this game.





Looks bad, had nothing to do with the game. Don't care who says it....



Maybe, but that particular position group shit the bed too. Also ran around like fools before the game as well.

I think he put it perfectly, also that could have been Eli's last playoff game. He came to play that day and would have been nice if there were less drops.

I agree with his comments 100 percent.
RE: RE: RE: .  
mdc1 : 1/9/2018 10:46 am : link
In comment 13779920 rocco8112 said:
Quote:
In comment 13779686 section125 said:


Quote:


In comment 13779634 rocco8112 said:


Quote:




Q: What was your view of the infamous “boat trip” the week before the playoff game in Green Bay last January?
A: It’s not a good look. Who’s kidding who? Just like when [Tony] Romo and [Jason] Witten took off somewhere in [Cabo] that year. It’s not a good look.


Q: So you would be opposed to something like that?
A: Yes. Guys forget: There’s no guarantee you get in the playoffs every year. Ain’t no guarantee now! There’s no guarantee in this game.





Looks bad, had nothing to do with the game. Don't care who says it....




Maybe, but that particular position group shit the bed too. Also ran around like fools before the game as well.

I think he put it perfectly, also that could have been Eli's last playoff game. He came to play that day and would have been nice if there were less drops.

I agree with his comments 100 percent.


The thing that bothers me the most about that episode was that the boat trip was just detail around something more telling in that the fool was not focused on his job in a critical moment and prioritized a bunch of personal foolishness along with others. History is littered with nobodies that did not take things seriously when required. The moment I saw him pointing at cheese blocks on his shoes I realized he was not focused and likely would be a zero that day and it unfolded right in front of our eyes like other idiotic episodes. Imagine his kid one day questioning a mentoring lesson by him and his kid rewinding to those clips. WTF.
some more facts on Henry from that won game against Chiefs  
mdc1 : 1/9/2018 10:49 am : link
Rushing Car Yds Avg TDs
D. Henry 23 156 6.8 1
Back to the Corner