Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

SB Nation First Round Mock Draft (Jan. 8th)...

M.S. : 1/9/2018 10:19 am
...Darnold & Rosen go #1 and #2 to the Browns and Giants.

Baker Mayfield #5 to Denver and Lamar Jackson #6 to the Jets.

Also, Josh Allen #13 to Washington and Mason Rudolph #28 to the Saints.

Six QBs in Round One.

The author, Dan Kadar, believes the Giants are in advantageous position at #2.
Giants Go QB - ( New Window )
Reasonable picks  
jeff57 : 1/9/2018 10:23 am : link
6 QBs going is certainly possible.
I really hope that Browns pass on Darnold  
yankeeslover : 1/9/2018 10:23 am : link
I just think he would look good in Blue... something about that "it" factor.
I would be kind of jealous  
Glover : 1/9/2018 10:34 am : link
to see Lamar Jackson go to the Jets. He's going to be all that.
That would be great if 6 QBs go in round 1  
ZogZerg : 1/9/2018 10:36 am : link
That means if we go QB, that's 5 less position players taken before our 2nd round pick.
But Slade  
Beer Man : 1/9/2018 10:36 am : link
Already told us, the Giants absolutely will not be picking Rosen. Or something to that effect.
That's some brilliant analysis  
lugnut : 1/9/2018 10:39 am : link
by Kadar, that #2 is a good drafting position.

I, too, prefer Darnold. Rosen too fragile.
His comment is so fucked up  
Carl in CT : 1/9/2018 10:41 am : link
Cause the Giants donít even know who they are picking with the second pick yet. They are working on the preliminary board currently. Also, itís not a big blackboard as some think. They keep it under lock and key (in a computer) and move things to a board closer to the draft.
I hope the Giants take a QB at #2  
Dnew15 : 1/9/2018 10:41 am : link
And then 5 more teams take QBs in rd 1 ... that is a Giants win
Hmm  
Motley Two : 1/9/2018 10:44 am : link
Everybody  
AcidTest : 1/9/2018 10:46 am : link
is going to have the Giants picking Rosen. My guess is they don't. Rosen's injury history is too extensive. That leaves Allen, assuming the Browns take Darnold. And I doubt the Giants will take Allen at #2. Since Chubb and Nelson aren't worth the #2 pick, my tentative guess is that the Giants trade down.
Rosen's  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 1/9/2018 10:57 am : link
injury history scares the hell out of me.
Not even having a direction for Browns with #1  
Bob in Newburgh : 1/9/2018 11:11 am : link
Makes this the ultimate stupid waste of time.
Want no part of Rosen  
Giant John : 1/9/2018 11:15 am : link
BUST!
I highly doubt  
WillVAB : 1/9/2018 11:31 am : link
Buffalo would pass on Rudolph.
Wait! Darnold is staying in school  
Stan in LA : 1/9/2018 11:39 am : link
I read it here.
RE: Want no part of Rosen  
njm : 1/9/2018 11:42 am : link
In comment 13779981 Giant John said:
Quote:
BUST!


Bust? Doubtful. Early retirement due to recurring injury? Distinctly possible.
RE: I would be kind of jealous  
mrvax : 1/9/2018 11:52 am : link
In comment 13779909 Glover said:
Quote:
to see Lamar Jackson go to the Jets. He's going to be all that.


I'd tune in occasionally to see Jackson.
I don't want any part of Rosen either.  
Red Dog : 1/9/2018 12:00 pm : link
.
I will be pissed if Allen goes to the Skins.  
Boy Cord : 1/9/2018 12:04 pm : link
I could see him in blue.
M.S.....  
STLGiant : 1/9/2018 12:10 pm : link
Do you know anything about DraftTec Mock Drafts? Some computer model. While I selfishly loved the first 3 picks (PSU's Barkely, OK's Brown-T and UTEP's Hernandez-G, I had to laugh with their showing the Giants picking WR D.J. Moore (Maryland) in Round 4 and WR Jalen Smith, (Louisville) in Round 5--especially when they had OTs Miller (UCLA), Hyatt (Clemson); OC/Gs Clapp (LSU) & Ross Pierschbacher, (Alabama) or Brady Bozeman (Alabama) still available.

One would think WR would be one area where the Giants wouldn't select anyone in the 2018 Draft.


RE: M.S.....  
STLGiant : 1/9/2018 12:22 pm : link
In comment 13780069 STLGiant said:
Quote:
Do you know anything about DraftTec Mock Drafts? Some computer model. While I selfishly loved the first 3 picks (PSU's Barkely, OK's Brown-T and UTEP's Hernandez-G, I had to laugh with their showing the Giants picking WR D.J. Moore (Maryland) in Round 4 and WR Jalen Smith, (Louisville) in Round 5--especially when they had OTs Miller (UCLA), Hyatt (Clemson); OC/Gs Clapp (LSU) & Ross Pierschbacher, (Alabama) or Brady Bozeman (Alabama) still available.

One would think WR would be one area where the Giants wouldn't select anyone in the 2018 Draft.


Drafttek... - ( New Window )
Why would the Browns select a qb with their first pick, didn't they  
SterlingArcher : 1/9/2018 12:26 pm : link
select a qb with their 1st pick last year? Is he already considered a bust?
I guess I shouldn't be, but I'm surprised how quickly people  
shockeyisthebest8056 : 1/9/2018 12:29 pm : link
change their minds about players and how often it's based on the 1 or 2 games they saw them play, plus a cursory look at their stat sheet. People on BBI loved Rosen after the USC/UCLA game, but now he's a bust waiting to happen.
based on draft order, He also has the Vikings beating the Patriots  
johnnyb : 1/9/2018 12:37 pm : link
in the Super Bowl.
Listen to Jim Mora talk about Rosen....  
Simms11 : 1/9/2018 3:00 pm : link
Of course he speaks glowingly about him, as he was his QB, but heís also close to him. Josh apparently is also very close to Jim Moraís daughter and has stayed over at their house on more then one occasion. All that aside, heís an extremely gifted QB and not as immobile as some would make him out to be. In fact some of his highlights has him running in for TDs. As long as he clears the medicals and interviews, Iíd be good taking him.
Link - ( New Window )
RE: Why would the Browns select a qb with their first pick, didn't they  
adamg : 1/9/2018 3:04 pm : link
In comment 13780088 SterlingArcher said:
Quote:
select a qb with their 1st pick last year? Is he already considered a bust?


They selected Myle Garrett, stud DE with the first last year. They used a second rounder on DeShone Kizer who sucked.
RE: That would be great if 6 QBs go in round 1  
old man : 1/9/2018 4:14 pm : link
In comment 13779914 ZogZerg said:
Quote:
That means if we go QB, that's 5 less position players taken before our 2nd round pick.

I like that thinking!
Maybe an OL is there that graded late 1st, or is close for an inexpensive trade up.
RE: RE: M.S.....  
M.S. : 1/9/2018 4:31 pm : link
In comment 13780082 STLGiant said:
Quote:
In comment 13780069 STLGiant said:


Quote:


Do you know anything about DraftTec Mock Drafts? Some computer model. While I selfishly loved the first 3 picks (PSU's Barkely, OK's Brown-T and UTEP's Hernandez-G, I had to laugh with their showing the Giants picking WR D.J. Moore (Maryland) in Round 4 and WR Jalen Smith, (Louisville) in Round 5--especially when they had OTs Miller (UCLA), Hyatt (Clemson); OC/Gs Clapp (LSU) & Ross Pierschbacher, (Alabama) or Brady Bozeman (Alabama) still available.

One would think WR would be one area where the Giants wouldn't select anyone in the 2018 Draft.



Drafttek... - ( New Window )

Ahhh... not familiar with them!
Back to the Corner