Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

Schwartz: Wilks out of contention; Patricia, McDanials or

shyster : 1/11/2018 6:17 pm
Shurmer will get the nod.

I take it this presumes NYG will have a choice of at least one of these three ahead of the other teams in contention (Lions, Indy, Cards).
then there were 3 - ( New Window )
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
RE: Breeze  
giantsfaninphilly : 1/11/2018 6:53 pm : link
In comment 13783764 joeinpa said:
Quote:
Giants way?

I have no idea what that means


I think it meant someone who was in or who had been within the organization at some point.
Don't know much about Shurmer  
David B. : 1/11/2018 6:56 pm : link
But Patricia seems like he'd be a solid choice.
I'll take Patricia. Shurmur,  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 1/11/2018 6:58 pm : link
& McDaniels in that order.
RE: RE: Absolutely don't want McDaniels...  
CGiants07 : 1/11/2018 6:59 pm : link
In comment 13783760 jeff57 said:
Quote:
In comment 13783753 GiantFanInTX said:


Quote:


I'll gladly take Patricia. I wonder what the deal breaker was with Wilks...



Lack of head coaching or long-term coordinating experience.


to much like macadoo
i like either pats  
CGiants07 : 1/11/2018 7:01 pm : link
coordinator before shurmur especially as if shurmur is the guy i wouldnt be shocked if spags would be d coordinator
What does  
old man : 1/11/2018 7:05 pm : link
Jim Schwartz know about what the Giants are doing? He didn't even get an interview! :-).
Feel like Schwartz is getting played by someone  
OdellBeckhamJr : 1/11/2018 7:06 pm : link
Wilks will be named HC within the hour
RE: Breeze  
Breeze_94 : 1/11/2018 7:06 pm : link
In comment 13783764 joeinpa said:
Quote:
Giants way?

I have no idea what that means


Conservative approach- going with a familiar face instead of shaking things up and making "wholesale changes" as Mara said they would.

Hiring old friend Gettleman= the Giants way
Bringing back former DC Spags for a 2nd tour, promoting McAdoo to Head Coach etc etc.
Still Wilks then Shurmur  
Peppers : 1/11/2018 7:12 pm : link
I was told don't believe what you read. These beats are in the 11th hour. Its time they make a guess.

Wilks is still the guy everyone is waiting on. That domino falls then we'll know the rest. We should know sometime tomorrow.

Patricia to Detroit is the consensus

AND

Nobody wants McDaniels.. Except maybe the Titans. No one knows what they are doing, there's still belief Mularkey will be fired.
If  
Tittle 9 20 64 : 1/11/2018 7:18 pm : link
Shurmur goes to the Cardinals, Patricia to the Lions, and McDaniels to the Colts. Whatís plan B?
..  
BeckShepEli : 1/11/2018 7:20 pm : link
Schwartz is not going to report this on a limb. Paul Schwartz is a respectable beat writer. I know its crazy to believe but he has more info than people on this board.
Plan B. Smith.  
Ivan15 : 1/11/2018 7:23 pm : link
.
RE: Still Wilks then Shurmur  
GFAN52 : 1/11/2018 7:24 pm : link
In comment 13783811 Peppers said:
Quote:
I was told don't believe what you read. These beats are in the 11th hour. Its time they make a guess.

Wilks is still the guy everyone is waiting on. That domino falls then we'll know the rest. We should know sometime tomorrow.

Patricia to Detroit is the consensus

AND

Nobody wants McDaniels.. Except maybe the Titans. No one knows what they are doing, there's still belief Mularkey will be fired.


These sports writers are all trying to stake a claim with their "inside" information. Everyone here probably has as good as guess as a they do.

I'd say it's safe bet to eliminate Spags and Studeville. Beyond those two, NOBODY knows for certain. Wilks is the only viable candidate that can sign now until MInn and NE are eliminated.
I'd be fine with any of these three.  
Dave in Hoboken : 1/11/2018 7:28 pm : link
I love some of the dopes in here trying to make believe their guy is still in it, though.
RE: I heard that Wilks wanted to fire Tom Quinn...  
Snacks : 1/11/2018 7:29 pm : link
In comment 13783731 kinard said:
Quote:
.. and that was the deal-breaker for him (I kid).


LMAO
if anything taken from getts hire presser  
micky : 1/11/2018 7:35 pm : link
and taken as word, he sound more on defensive minded guy..which would lead to thinking Patricia.

boston/NE area guys getts and Patricia
RE: If  
Blue21 : 1/11/2018 7:36 pm : link
In comment 13783827 Tittle 9 20 64 said:
Quote:
Shurmur goes to the Cardinals, Patricia to the Lions, and McDaniels to the Colts. Whatís plan B?



Exactly which us why this article makes no sense.
RE: RE: If  
micky : 1/11/2018 7:38 pm : link
In comment 13783877 Blue21 said:
Quote:
In comment 13783827 Tittle 9 20 64 said:


Quote:


Shurmur goes to the Cardinals, Patricia to the Lions, and McDaniels to the Colts. Whatís plan B?




Exactly which us why this article makes no sense.


umm Wilkes?
Did I read correctly that Shurmer won 9 games during his two-year  
Jimmy Googs : 1/11/2018 7:40 pm : link
stint as the Cleveland Head Coach?

We should absolutely hire him as that is like going 27-5 on any other team in the NFL...
RE: if anything taken from getts hire presser  
RDJR : 1/11/2018 7:42 pm : link
In comment 13783871 micky said:
Quote:
and taken as word, he sound more on defensive minded guy..which would lead to thinking Patricia.

boston/NE area guys getts and Patricia


Patricia grew up in Central NY, not a Boston/NE guy other than his most recent job location.
Belichek in the mix!!!!!  
Reale01 : 1/11/2018 7:49 pm : link
This is great news! Wilks may have been the choice, but he told the Giants that he had to make a decision this week. McDaniels is going to Indy. Patricia was either the first choice or a very close second. MP is willing to wait it out til end of season because he knows he will get the Pats job if BB comes here and the Giants job if BB stays put.

Look for Wilks and Shurmer to go to Lions and AZ.

The dream lives!
RE: Belichek in the mix!!!!!  
shyster : 1/11/2018 8:01 pm : link
In comment 13783896 Reale01 said:
Quote:

Look for Wilks and Shurmer to go to Lions and AZ.



I've been reading Dave Birkett for Lions' updates and he reports that, while Lions did originally request an interview with Wilks, none has taken place and none is scheduled.

Mike Vrabel might be Detroit's Plan B,
Guys...  
BleedBlue : 1/11/2018 8:01 pm : link
Not saying wilks is still in discussion...but don't you think he is just making this assumption because we haven't signed him and he is available? Like in other words, he believes he is out because the Giants don't love him and are waiting
RE: RE: RE: If  
Blue21 : 1/11/2018 8:02 pm : link
In comment 13783879 micky said:
Quote:
In comment 13783877 Blue21 said:


Quote:


In comment 13783827 Tittle 9 20 64 said:


Quote:


Shurmur goes to the Cardinals, Patricia to the Lions, and McDaniels to the Colts. Whatís plan B?




Exactly which us why this article makes no sense.



umm Wilkes?


The article makes no sense because it rules out Wilks. If the other three go somewhere else what is plan B?
Shumur  
Thinblueline : 1/11/2018 8:02 pm : link
Gets my vote.... with young QB's in our future it would only make sense.. My concern what offensive and defensive coordinators come with him?
RE: Belichek in the mix!!!!!  
GFAN52 : 1/11/2018 8:06 pm : link
In comment 13783896 Reale01 said:
Quote:
This is great news! Wilks may have been the choice, but he told the Giants that he had to make a decision this week. McDaniels is going to Indy. Patricia was either the first choice or a very close second. MP is willing to wait it out til end of season because he knows he will get the Pats job if BB comes here and the Giants job if BB stays put.

Look for Wilks and Shurmer to go to Lions and AZ.

The dream lives!


Doubtful
Should the failures of every Pats coordinator hired since Belichick  
mattnyg05 : 1/11/2018 8:09 pm : link
Worry us at all? Or do we just toss that out?

-Weiss
-Crennel
-Mangini
-McDaniels
-OĒBrien (arguably the best, mediocre record)

Im seriously asking. What makes these guys different? I want to know what you think. I want Shurmur as of now because heíd help the young QB and is doing very well right now with Keenum. I wouldnít mind Patricia but the track record of Pats coaches does scare me.
Shurmur better not think heís bringing  
Chris684 : 1/11/2018 8:09 pm : link
Keenum in here if heís hired.

No way Mara and Gettleman are that dumb.
RE: Guys...  
shyster : 1/11/2018 8:10 pm : link
In comment 13783915 BleedBlue said:
Quote:
Not saying wilks is still in discussion...but don't you think he is just making this assumption because we haven't signed him and he is available? Like in other words, he believes he is out because the Giants don't love him and are waiting


Unless you think Schwartz is not telling the truth, no, he's not just making an assumption:

"Steve Wilks, the Panthersí defensive coordinator, did not make the cut after the first round of interviews, according to someone with knowledge of the Giantsí thinking."

As for the possibility of NYG being left with no one, they'll figure out something. Maybe Jim Schwartz.

As other thread on board mentions, Rapoport now saying Wilks could return to Carolina as DC. He's not interviewing with Colts and, as I mentioned above, his interview with Lions never happened either.
With Shumur  
Thinblueline : 1/11/2018 8:10 pm : link
We would prob keep Spags as DC.
...  
BleedBlue : 1/11/2018 8:15 pm : link
Don't want spags here as DC....give me Patricia if that's the case...


Fuck it...

Sign Patricia call Kraft after they get knocked out tell him yo BB hates you...I'll ship you Patricia and a 2019 first rounder for BB....all parties will most likely agree...Patricia doesn't have to leave NE and gets a HC gig. BB gets to come home. All is well...

Make it happen Mara!
Wonder if Kraft told  
Dankbeerman : 1/11/2018 8:18 pm : link
McDainels to hang on.

There would be crazy amount of tension if the there were 3 teams waiting on the pats fill their openings. wonder if someone hets scared and makes a reaction move.

Would Spags stick as DC with Shurmer?
Shurmur would guarantee an Eli exit...  
Emlen'sGremlins : 1/11/2018 8:20 pm : link
....with Case Keenum as our new starter.
RE: Shurmur would guarantee an Eli exit...  
BleedBlue : 1/11/2018 8:21 pm : link
In comment 13783955 Emlen'sGremlins said:
Quote:
....with Case Keenum as our new starter.


Doubt that. KEENUM isn't good...I don't get why shurmur is ball riding him
Please stop it..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 1/11/2018 8:22 pm : link
with the ridiculous shit that Shurmur is taking Keenum with him wherever he goes.
RE: Please stop it..  
jeff57 : 1/11/2018 8:25 pm : link
In comment 13783963 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
with the ridiculous shit that Shurmur is taking Keenum with him wherever he goes.


Where do people come up with this? Itís like a kidsí game of telephone.
RE: Please stop it..  
BleedBlue : 1/11/2018 8:25 pm : link
In comment 13783963 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
with the ridiculous shit that Shurmur is taking Keenum with him wherever he goes.


I agree
RE: Please stop it..  
GFAN52 : 1/11/2018 8:28 pm : link
In comment 13783963 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
with the ridiculous shit that Shurmur is taking Keenum with him wherever he goes.


That has no chance in hell of happening.
Strange  
LakeGeorgeGiant : 1/11/2018 9:26 pm : link
BBI tells me that McDaniels isn't a real candidate.

Must be the Giants dont read BBI eh?
RE: I'd be fine with any of these three.  
djm : 1/11/2018 9:30 pm : link
In comment 13783855 Dave in Hoboken said:
Quote:
I love some of the dopes in here trying to make believe their guy is still in it, though.


No one is a bigger dope than me. I'm still playing make believe that belichick is still in it. Go big or go home.
Lets go Patricia  
GiantTuff1 : 1/11/2018 11:42 pm : link
Send us a bat signal Gmen!

If not MP, then BB, JM, PS.

RE: Should the failures of every Pats coordinator hired since Belichick  
Ten Ton Hammer : 1/12/2018 12:37 am : link
In comment 13783934 mattnyg05 said:
Quote:
Worry us at all? Or do we just toss that out?

-Weiss
-Crennel
-Mangini
-McDaniels
-OĒBrien (arguably the best, mediocre record)

Im seriously asking. What makes these guys different? I want to know what you think. I want Shurmur as of now because heíd help the young QB and is doing very well right now with Keenum. I wouldnít mind Patricia but the track record of Pats coaches does scare me.


Charlie Weis was a Parcells assistant for nine years. Romeo Crennell was a Parcells assistant from 1981 to 1999. To say they're 'Belichick guys' is pretty inaccurate.


If we're pointing out the assistants that failed, let's also mention the ones that didn't. Nick Saban was Belichick's DC for four years before moving on to become an incredible winner. Kirk Ferentz became a good head coach as well.
They are in college!  
GoDeep13 : 1/12/2018 12:54 am : link
That formula DOES. NOT. WORK. IN. THE. NFL. Saban has said it. Urban Meyer has said it. Gus Malzahn has said it. What Saban and Ferentz do in college doesnít work in the NFL. Belichick does something similar but he can only do that because heís given FULL CONTROL OF THE ROSTER. None of Billís guys are gonna get that anywhere because they donít have the resume Bill does. Even then. Bill doesnít teach his coaches.
Link - ( New Window )
Fully agree there's a big difference in College and pro football.  
Ten Ton Hammer : 1/12/2018 1:07 am : link
The statement was that all of Belichick's assistants have failed. They haven't not, regardless of one's opinion of the prestige of college football.
Sorry  
mattnyg05 : 1/12/2018 6:01 am : link
Didnít think I had to clarify that but yes, I did mean in the NFL since the Giants do play in the NFL.

I donít hate Patricia, he seems like a good hire, but the Patriots coaching tree has been either mediocre or stinky in the NFL. Itís a fact. Belichick is one of the greatest coaches of all time and Brady is arguably the greatest QB. One has to wonder exactly how much the coordinators matter on that team. Itís something to think about.
A friend of mine high in the Pats organization  
CT Charlie : 1/12/2018 10:19 am : link
said BB wants to retire and become CEO of TB12.
RE: RE: Breeze  
Dr. D : 1/12/2018 11:20 am : link
In comment 13783798 Breeze_94 said:
Quote:
In comment 13783764 joeinpa said:


Quote:


Giants way?


Hiring old friend Gettleman= the Giants way
Bringing back former DC Spags for a 2nd tour, promoting McAdoo to Head Coach etc etc.


McAdoo had absolutely no connection to the Giants prior to 2014. Was that a good thing?

And is promoting someone considered to be a hot young coordinator to HC, that unusual?
Wait a second  
PaulN : 1/12/2018 3:00 pm : link
BBI also is reporting that Wilks is a candidate, what does these beat writers know. It is almost unbelievable today. They tell us it is down to three candidates, tell us why, and BBI says they are wrong about Wilks, my guess is that this particular person told us it would be Wilks the next coach and as a BBI fearless forecaster he is not ready to concede just yet, he may even have some company with him on this.
RE: Wait a second  
Peppers : 1/12/2018 3:55 pm : link
In comment 13784958 PaulN said:
Quote:
BBI also is reporting that Wilks is a candidate, what does these beat writers know. It is almost unbelievable today. They tell us it is down to three candidates, tell us why, and BBI says they are wrong about Wilks, my guess is that this particular person told us it would be Wilks the next coach and as a BBI fearless forecaster he is not ready to concede just yet, he may even have some company with him on this.



Lol it seems as if no one knows anything huh? I'm sticking with my contact because of his track record and he's very adamant about Wilks still being in play/Patricia going to Detroit but also..

Common sense. And I say that in no disrespect to anyone. But just ask one simple question, how would these beats know anything in regards to something as high up as this? 4 men are in that discussion with no incentive to leak anything.

As fans we tend to be very impatient which leads us to bite and grab ahold of anything that's said. And when it doesn't happen as soon as we want we become very cynical.

For the Beats there's no reward for not making a guess.

Another thing that should be noted, why hasn't MG (who is still the most plugged in to the Giants) or Schefter (perhaps the best in the biz) reported anything? Thats telling.
RE: RE: Wait a second  
Peppers : 1/14/2018 9:54 am : link
In comment 13785071 Peppers said:
Quote:
In comment 13784958 PaulN said:


Quote:


BBI also is reporting that Wilks is a candidate, what does these beat writers know. It is almost unbelievable today. They tell us it is down to three candidates, tell us why, and BBI says they are wrong about Wilks, my guess is that this particular person told us it would be Wilks the next coach and as a BBI fearless forecaster he is not ready to concede just yet, he may even have some company with him on this.




Lol it seems as if no one knows anything huh? I'm sticking with my contact because of his track record and he's very adamant about Wilks still being in play/Patricia going to Detroit but also..

Common sense. And I say that in no disrespect to anyone. But just ask one simple question, how would these beats know anything in regards to something as high up as this? 4 men are in that discussion with no incentive to leak anything.

As fans we tend to be very impatient which leads us to bite and grab ahold of anything that's said. And when it doesn't happen as soon as we want we become very cynical.

For the Beats there's no reward for not making a guess.

Another thing that should be noted, why hasn't MG (who is still the most plugged in to the Giants) or Schefter (perhaps the best in the biz) reported anything? Thats telling.


And there you have it. Schefter speaks.
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner