Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Josh Rosen film room:

Stan in LA : 1/11/2018 6:18 pm
From 4 years ago. Bright kid.
Link - ( New Window )
If he's making 3+ reads 4 years ago  
David B. : 1/11/2018 6:44 pm : link
That's terrific.
The question is health  
Sean : 1/11/2018 6:47 pm : link
.
The only concern I have with Rosen is his health  
Jay on the Island : 1/11/2018 6:49 pm : link
I would put him 4th on my QB wish list because of the concussions.
My choice  
jeff57 : 1/11/2018 6:51 pm : link
And Hiring someone like Shurmer will accelerate his development.
He's already had  
mrvax : 1/11/2018 7:17 pm : link
shoulder surgery back in '16 and 2 concussions in '17. He's obviously ahead of all the other QBs as a passer. Being pretty immobile means he's gunna take some shots.

So, how long will he last?
RE: He's already had  
Stan in LA : 1/11/2018 7:20 pm : link
In comment 13783820 mrvax said:
Quote:
shoulder surgery back in '16 and 2 concussions in '17. He's obviously ahead of all the other QBs as a passer. Being pretty immobile means he's gunna take some shots.

So, how long will he last?


Maybe he gets hurt again, maybe he doesn't. But he has the best combination of tools and smarts since Elway. "pretty immobile" is not accurate. He was a top 10 tennis player in the country as a junior and I understand tennis requires some mobility.
Shoulder not a problem. Concussions are big worry. Once you're at two  
plato : 1/11/2018 7:22 pm : link
you're dangerously close to having more with less and less force. Would have big time neurological review before putting team's future on drafting him.
We don't need a 22 year old  
Allen in CNJ : 1/11/2018 7:43 pm : link
with concussion problems who can read safeties, we already have a 37 year old guy who's seen it all, has 2 rings, and can still freaking play. We need a guy who can pound the ball on the inside, give us a legit running game, and kick ass up front - YEAH - SAQUON BARKLEY
My #2 pick  
Jimmy Googs : 1/11/2018 7:51 pm : link
now go get him...
Rosen  
Peppers : 1/11/2018 7:52 pm : link
His Quick Release, Accuracy, and Smarts are all the best in the draft.

I think he's a star.

I'm not worried about the concussions. They do a lot to protect these QBs in the NFL. Practically can't touch them.
Top Draft picks are all about taking elite-level talent  
Jimmy Googs : 1/11/2018 8:04 pm : link
Always some level of risks to take on but they need to measured to the talent level.

This risks due to the concussions do not outweigh his talents.

Settling for the next-rung down of talent is an epic mistake...
Do we even draft a QB....  
Emlen'sGremlins : 1/11/2018 8:25 pm : link
....if Case Keenum is our starter?
RE: Rosen  
mrvax : 1/11/2018 8:27 pm : link
In comment 13783901 Peppers said:
Quote:
...
I'm not worried about the concussions. They do a lot to protect these QBs in the NFL. Practically can't touch them.


All it takes is for 1 asshole defender to not care about the 15 yards and is more concerned about KO'ing the Giants.
RE: Do we even draft a QB....  
GFAN52 : 1/11/2018 8:34 pm : link
In comment 13783970 Emlen'sGremlins said:
Quote:
....if Case Keenum is our starter?


He's not going to be the Giants starter... lol
RE: RE: Rosen  
Peppers : 1/11/2018 8:42 pm : link
In comment 13783974 mrvax said:
Quote:
In comment 13783901 Peppers said:


Quote:


...
I'm not worried about the concussions. They do a lot to protect these QBs in the NFL. Practically can't touch them.



All it takes is for 1 asshole defender to not care about the 15 yards and is more concerned about KO'ing the Giants.


But honestly that can be said for any QB/player. And there's been plenty of QBs that still had long careers after a few concussions.
If I can be assured  
Sy'56 : 1/11/2018 8:50 pm : link
He isn't an injury risk (more so than others anyway)....He is the guy
Oh goody  
Gatorade Dunk : 1/11/2018 8:52 pm : link
Another UCLA guy for fanboy Stan to slobber over.
Sy'56  
Milton : 1/11/2018 8:54 pm : link
Can you also chime in on Rosen's mobility? He may not be a threat to take off for twenty yards, but he is adept at moving around in the pocket and fully capable of taking advantage of open lanes for the occasional five or ten yard gain.
RE: Sy'56  
Stan in LA : 1/11/2018 9:21 pm : link
In comment 13784002 Milton said:
Quote:
Can you also chime in on Rosen's mobility? He may not be a threat to take off for twenty yards, but he is adept at moving around in the pocket and fully capable of taking advantage of open lanes for the occasional five or ten yard gain.

I can answer that. I watched him for 3 years and he has great feet in the pocket as one would expect with from elite tennis player. In other words, he's no statue.
RE: Sy'56  
Peppers : 1/11/2018 9:23 pm : link
In comment 13784002 Milton said:
Quote:
Can you also chime in on Rosen's mobility? He may not be a threat to take off for twenty yards, but he is adept at moving around in the pocket and fully capable of taking advantage of open lanes for the occasional five or ten yard gain.


He took off for 37 vs Washington st and scored a TD.

This immobile label is crazy. He's a pocket passer 1st. Has the patience to stand in there and make his reads.. but that doesn't mean he's a statue.
RE: Do we even draft a QB....  
arcarsenal : 1/11/2018 9:25 pm : link
In comment 13783970 Emlen'sGremlins said:
Quote:
....if Case Keenum is our starter?


You're spewing this on like 10 different threads.

Repeating it 1000 times isn't going to make it any less false.
When all is said and done...  
Torrag : 1/11/2018 9:58 pm : link
...the QB's will come off the board Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Mayfield
Kid has no chance  
KWALL2 : 1/11/2018 10:17 pm : link
Stan endorsed Rosen as the next big thing?

It's over for this player.
RE: We don't need a 22 year old  
lax counsel : 1/11/2018 10:31 pm : link
In comment 13783890 Allen in CNJ said:
Quote:
with concussion problems who can read safeties, we already have a 37 year old guy who's seen it all, has 2 rings, and can still freaking play. We need a guy who can pound the ball on the inside, give us a legit running game, and kick ass up front - YEAH - SAQUON BARKLEY


So, you worry about a relative low injury risk position like qb. But advocate for drafting a position with the average shelf life of less then 5 years for a rb who hasn't shown to do much between the tackles?
RE: Kid has no chance  
chopperhatch : 1/11/2018 10:43 pm : link
In comment 13784078 KWALL2 said:
Quote:
Stan endorsed Rosen as the next big thing?

It's over for this player.


Ha ha ha! He got Eddie Mush'd

Rosen  
Sy'56 : 1/11/2018 10:50 pm : link
has the best pocket footwear and mobility I have seen in a long time.
Sy  
KWALL2 : 1/11/2018 10:54 pm : link
Great arm. Smart. Good feet? Doesn't matter. When Stan loves a prospect it's over for that kid.
RE: We don't need a 22 year old  
Zepp : 1/12/2018 12:17 am : link
In comment 13783890 Allen in CNJ said:
Quote:
with concussion problems who can read safeties, we already have a 37 year old guy who's seen it all, has 2 rings, and can still freaking play. We need a guy who can pound the ball on the inside, give us a legit running game, and kick ass up front - YEAH - SAQUON BARKLEY



+11111111111111111111111111111111
RE: When all is said and done...  
Milton : 1/12/2018 3:44 am : link
In comment 13784067 Torrag said:
Quote:
...the QB's will come off the board Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Mayfield
I think they come off the board Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen...maybe even the first four picks in the draft if Denver and the Jets both make moves to trade up.

It'll be easier to predict once the destination for guys like Kirk Cousins, Case Keenum, Alex Smith, and Sam Bradford have been decided.
The injuries, especially multiple concussions  
Matt M. : 1/12/2018 5:43 am : link
are the reasons I wouldn't draft him. I agree he very well may be the best all around QB available. But, he is susceptible to more concussions now. And, don't forget the last one was late in the season and serious.
RE: The injuries, especially multiple concussions  
Milton : 1/12/2018 6:47 am : link
In comment 13784188 Matt M. said:
Quote:
are the reasons I wouldn't draft him. I agree he very well may be the best all around QB available. But, he is susceptible to more concussions now. And, don't forget the last one was late in the season and serious.
It wasn't necessarily serious. The reason he was kept out of the bowl game was because he had already had the two concussions and they didn't want to risk a third concussion within a two month span of time. After sitting for a year or two behind Eli, his past concussions will be far enough in his rearview mirror and of no greater concern than it is for any of these guys. A couple of years in the weight room will also help when it comes to avoiding injuries. Phil Simms suffered through injuries his first few years in the league, but after spending more time in the weight room, he managed to go several years injury-free before it finally caught up with him in 1990.

I could see using his history of injuries/concussions as a tie-breaker between him and another QB, but it's not a tie. So it's not a reason for Darnold to leapfrog him.
RE: Kid has no chance  
Stan in LA : 1/12/2018 4:34 pm : link
In comment 13784078 KWALL2 said:
Quote:
Stan endorsed Rosen as the next big thing?

It's over for this player.

Catch Lonzo's game last night? Or were you sleeping?
I'm starting to see Josh Rosen..  
bw in dc : 1/12/2018 4:59 pm : link
as a potential next version of Sam Bradford - terrific throwing talent, but a fragility to him game that hurts his utility and contribution.

I just can't get past that...so I keep landing on either Darnold or Allen.

Back to the Corner