The Draft QB Musical chairs. How does it fall out?
1. Cleveland: Barkley. They just can pass up the best player in the draft.
2. Cleveland: Allen. They have shown the willingness to move picks and the Giants just have too many holes!
3. Jets: Rosen. They are just desperate to get the most NFL ready QB in the draft.
4. Giants: Darold. They were ready to pull a massive trade with Buffalo but when their top choice was still available and now holding 3 of the top 4 2nd picks, they were ready to get their QB of the future.
5. Denver: Mayfield. Very happy to get the sponky QB, Elway's favorite.
6. Colts: Chubb. Very pleased to still get their top pick and all of the Jets picks.
I have been very harsh on Reese due to never fixing the OL, but he deserve credit for the 2 Super Bowls under his watch. I get the vitral, but it was not all bad with Reese. I blames Reese for the OL, which has cost the Giants any chance of returning to the Super Bowl the last few years and hiring Ross who I never liked, nor trusted.
I like the Ogletree pick up just for the outside of the box thinking. I get he is not a perfect player and a little pricey but he is automatically, our best LB. No brainer to me.
So how will DG fix the OL and who plays? Hopefully, the rumors are true and we get Norwell, which will limit any other big moves. No way, we get Solder. Looks like we are keeping Jones at Center. Did Wheeler show enough to man the LT? Does Flower deserve any spots? I do not want Jerry starting. Maybe Ja'Wuan James can come on the cheaper side (as he has been hurt)....to man the RT spot. I am sure we will be drafting OLmen....but can DG fix the OL in one season, something Reese could not do for 7!
so who gets cut? Vereen, Harris, Casillas,Marshall?
If we can "fix" the OL.....I truly believe we can compete against anyone. The NFL do not have any Super teams. Hell, we sucked last year and still gave the Eagles fits.