Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

BBI Mock Draft – DISCUSSION Thread

Matt G : 4/1/2018 10:46 pm
We will use this as a discussion thread to keep the SELECTIONS thread uncluttered. These threads will be used for the duration of the entire draft.

Once a team is on the clock, they will have two hours to make a selection. If a team goes on the clock after 4pm, their two hour window will roll over to the next day. For example, if you go on the clock at 4:30pm, you will have until 9:30 am to make a selection. Picks may be made between 6pm and 9am if GMs are online and following the draft thread. The time limit only applies during the 9am to 6pm timeframe. If the two hour time limit expires, I will make a pick using any list that the GM for the team has sent me in advance (send lists to the email address in my profile) or in the absence of a list, I will use the GBN Big Board with a little discretion so as not make an obvious dumb pick (i.e.: Philadelphia Eagles won’t be taking a QB in the 1st round this year). If a GM misses two consecutive picks without providing a prospect list or making some form of contact with me (email or posting on the draft thread) the spot will be reassigned to one of the BBIers who have expressed an interest to fill the vacancy.

Please utilize the BBI Mock Draft Spreadsheet . The spreadsheet contains the draft order (RD1-6) by team and GM with a fairly comprehensive list of both available and taken prospects based on the GBN Big Board (as well as several other prospects that did not make the GBN Big Board). I will try to keep the spreadsheet and thread updated as often as possible.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 15 ... 17 18 19 <<Prev | Show All |  Next>>
I've been sending email reminders as well  
Matt G : 4/14/2018 2:59 pm : link
..
I don't think so..  
Matt G : 4/14/2018 3:01 pm : link
Those were his final picks of this year's draft...
Yeah, not good to stop acknowledging the draft or responding to emails  
MadPlaid : 4/14/2018 3:01 pm : link
.
Matt..why all the autopicks on Saturday?  
Rick in Dallas : 4/14/2018 3:03 pm : link

Did you receive player boards from the fake GM's on all these picks today?

Not a biggie..just asking




New England was the only autopick...  
Matt G : 4/14/2018 3:21 pm : link
The other GMs sent me their picks via email and asked me to post on their behalf...
Awesome....great job Matt as always  
Rick in Dallas : 4/14/2018 3:24 pm : link
we really appreciate your lead on the mock draft.
RE: New England was the only autopick...  
MadPlaid : 4/14/2018 3:32 pm : link
In comment 13914121 Matt G said:
Quote:
The other GMs sent me their picks via email and asked me to post on their behalf...

That’s what I suspected. It’s nice when the GMs check in.
Was out all day with the family. Pick coming shortly  
jlukes : 4/14/2018 6:33 pm : link
.
CAR will likely be picking first thing tomorrow am  
Matt G : 4/14/2018 8:53 pm : link
.
I really like Carter  
jlukes : 4/14/2018 8:57 pm : link
I think he has a chance to have a Tarik Cohen-like impact in the NFL.
.  
jlukes : 4/14/2018 9:26 pm : link
I believe we always postponed picks on the weekend...  
Torrag : 4/14/2018 10:10 pm : link
...until Monday. Since when has this changed?
No change  
Matt G : 4/14/2018 10:33 pm : link
You missed multiple and never checked in... That’s always been the rule...
I didnt miss multiple  
Torrag : 4/14/2018 10:35 pm : link
Every pick for me came from my board until I missed one. One.
I've done this draft for a decade  
Torrag : 4/14/2018 10:36 pm : link
I've missed a pick here or there over the years but we don't pick on the weekends...is that correct or not?
Feel free to post your pick tonight...  
Matt G : 4/14/2018 10:40 pm : link
You hadn't responded to multiple emails and we basically ran the full clock on each of your last two picks...
And yes, we do pick on the weekends... The clock just doesnt run...  
Matt G : 4/14/2018 10:42 pm : link
.
RE: I've done this draft for a decade  
Mike in NY : 4/14/2018 10:42 pm : link
In comment 13914470 Torrag said:
Quote:
I've missed a pick here or there over the years but we don't pick on the weekends...is that correct or not?


The clock is turned off on weekends, but picks can still happen.
I apologize for being out of contact  
Torrag : 4/14/2018 10:46 pm : link
It's been a rough week for me. Thank you for making picks for me. I thought I made it clear that if you didn't hear otherwise to make my picks after 30 minutes to keep things moving. I don't want to slow down the momentum of the Draft. I'll stay in touch. Let the pick stand he was a guy high on my radar right now.
I hear ya, man...  
Matt G : 4/14/2018 10:50 pm : link
I've been scrambling to stay on top of work and keep things moving here (with a lot of help) as well... Glad you are ok with pick... as I said, you're welcome to change as I'm guessing jlukes had his guy targeted already...
RE: I hear ya, man...  
jlukes : 4/15/2018 7:29 am : link
In comment 13914485 Matt G said:
Quote:
I've been scrambling to stay on top of work and keep things moving here (with a lot of help) as well... Glad you are ok with pick... as I said, you're welcome to change as I'm guessing jlukes had his guy targeted already...


Yup my guy was always going to be Carter
RE: RE: I hear ya, man...  
Saos1n : 4/15/2018 12:43 pm : link
In comment 13914566 jlukes said:
Quote:
In comment 13914485 Matt G said:


Quote:


I've been scrambling to stay on top of work and keep things moving here (with a lot of help) as well... Glad you are ok with pick... as I said, you're welcome to change as I'm guessing jlukes had his guy targeted already...



Yup my guy was always going to be Carter


You got my guy jlukes
RE: RE: RE: I hear ya, man...  
jlukes : 4/15/2018 12:50 pm : link
In comment 13914786 Saos1n said:
Quote:
In comment 13914566 jlukes said:


Quote:


In comment 13914485 Matt G said:


Quote:


I've been scrambling to stay on top of work and keep things moving here (with a lot of help) as well... Glad you are ok with pick... as I said, you're welcome to change as I'm guessing jlukes had his guy targeted already...



Yup my guy was always going to be Carter



You got my guy jlukes


I knew somebody else had to have him on their radar
jlukes  
MadPlaid : 4/15/2018 1:05 pm : link
Me too.
Will give Pittsburgh his full time  
Mike in NY : 4/15/2018 1:20 pm : link
But he still has people on his list posted earlier on this thread
He sent in his request for this pick  
Matt G : 4/15/2018 1:32 pm : link
.
We’re making decent progress this weekend  
MadPlaid : 4/15/2018 1:42 pm : link
We should at least finish the 5th round early Monday morning.
I would guess that we finish Thu/Fri  
Matt G : 4/15/2018 1:50 pm : link
Ideally, we wrap the week before the draft, so we are on target...
Thanks for posting my pick  
BigBlueDownTheShore : 4/15/2018 1:54 pm : link
My in laws house has terrible service and I couldn’t load the selection page.
I tried to talk myself out of Senat  
allstarjim : 4/15/2018 8:35 pm : link
But it's a good combination of value and need. Sy doesn't have a very good grade on him, but others do. Value is really there in the back end of the 5th round.
With only one pick...  
Chris in Philly : 4/16/2018 9:10 am : link
in the first 129 slots, we have had to make do with trying to identify immediate special teams contributors and role players. Lazard is a big, strong receiver who can play as a WR/TE hybrid and go up and get balls in the corner of the end zone. A solid red zone target that could use some coaching to play a role at the next level.
RE: With only one pick...  
Mike in NY : 4/16/2018 9:25 am : link
In comment 13915538 Chris in Philly said:
Quote:
in the first 129 slots, we have had to make do with trying to identify immediate special teams contributors and role players. Lazard is a big, strong receiver who can play as a WR/TE hybrid and go up and get balls in the corner of the end zone. A solid red zone target that could use some coaching to play a role at the next level.


I wanted you to miss this pick so we could auto pick a Punter for the Eagles
Cippy  
MadPlaid : 4/16/2018 9:28 am : link
I had my eye on Lazard. For a late 5th rounder, he's a good pickup.

Ha, yeah, that would have been funny to give the Beagles an autopicked punter.
RE: RE: With only one pick...  
Chris in Philly : 4/16/2018 9:31 am : link
In comment 13915574 Mike in NY said:
Quote:
In comment 13915538 Chris in Philly said:


Quote:


in the first 129 slots, we have had to make do with trying to identify immediate special teams contributors and role players. Lazard is a big, strong receiver who can play as a WR/TE hybrid and go up and get balls in the corner of the end zone. A solid red zone target that could use some coaching to play a role at the next level.



I wanted you to miss this pick so we could auto pick a Punter for the Eagles


That's not how we roll, cuz!

Actually I think they need a punter...
Cowboys select Daurice Fountain  
Rick in Dallas : 4/16/2018 9:46 am : link
Offensive MVP of East West Shrine game. Had a private workout with Cowboys.
Another year, another mock drafted TE for the Pack  
MadPlaid : 4/16/2018 10:00 am : link
Every year it appears Green Bay needs help at the TE position. They did sign Jimmy Graham this year, but he has had injury issues over the years. I don't think he is the long term solution at TE. So taking a flyer on a talented guy from a big program makes sense. It is especially nice when I can find one late in the middle rounds. Welcome to Wisconsin, Mr. Smythe.
Cowboys select Tyler Conklin  
Rick in Dallas : 4/16/2018 10:14 am : link
Written not getting any younger. Cowboys take a chance with Conklin at end of 5th round.
Cowboys think highly of Rico Gathers progress
Last pick of the 5th round seems like a good place to take a chance  
MadPlaid : 4/16/2018 10:43 am : link
Will Richardson has had some disciplinary and injury issues at NC State, but when he's been on the field, he has been a player. No sacks or pressures given up in 2017. His position in college was tackle, but according to what I read on-line, he could potentially move inside to guard where it might be a better fit for him going forward. Versatility is always a plus. Also, added depth to the OL is a necessity for the Packers with all the injuries they sustained on the line last year. If Green Bay can help Richardson keep his head on straight, they could have found a real diamond in the rough.
RE: Last pick of the 5th round seems like a good place to take a chance  
Mike in NY : 4/16/2018 10:51 am : link
In comment 13915744 MadPlaid said:
Quote:
Will Richardson has had some disciplinary and injury issues at NC State, but when he's been on the field, he has been a player. No sacks or pressures given up in 2017. His position in college was tackle, but according to what I read on-line, he could potentially move inside to guard where it might be a better fit for him going forward. Versatility is always a plus. Also, added depth to the OL is a necessity for the Packers with all the injuries they sustained on the line last year. If Green Bay can help Richardson keep his head on straight, they could have found a real diamond in the rough.


Nice selection at #174. I was starting to put together my list for pick #190 and Richardson was at or near the top
Thanks, Mike  
MadPlaid : 4/16/2018 11:06 am : link
I had a feeling others would be interested in a talented yet troubled tackle.
Texans are in dire need of a TE  
Boatie Warrant : 4/16/2018 12:09 pm : link
And I really like Christopher Herndon's upside. He needs to work on blocking but seems to have the desire to learn from what I have gathered from some write ups.
Colts' pick is in  
Go Terps : 4/16/2018 12:22 pm : link
Jets are up.
A Punter finally gets drafted!  
Mike in NY : 4/16/2018 1:23 pm : link
And surprise surpise, Jon drafted a player from Wisconsin for the Jets!
Several active users on deck  
Matt G : 4/16/2018 1:50 pm : link
So we should move quickly through the next half dozen or so picks...
Justin Watson!  
Chris in Philly : 4/16/2018 1:57 pm : link
Woo boo! Go Quakers!!
Yes I know a punter  
Jay on the Island : 4/16/2018 2:01 pm : link
the offensive lineman I wanted just went so I went with the best punter prospect in years. Dickson will likely go earlier in the real draft.
RE: Yes I know a punter  
Amtoft : 4/16/2018 2:23 pm : link
In comment 13916095 Jay on the Island said:
Quote:
the offensive lineman I wanted just went so I went with the best punter prospect in years. Dickson will likely go earlier in the real draft.


Damn really wanted Dickson to fall to the Raiders. So close. Nice pick he is a stud.
RE: A Punter finally gets drafted!  
Jon in NYC : 4/16/2018 2:35 pm : link
In comment 13916011 Mike in NY said:
Quote:
And surprise surpise, Jon drafted a player from Wisconsin for the Jets!


Haha! I think Jacobs has a shot to be a good pro. Great measurables and new to OLB. Good upside pick in the 5th. If nothing else he'll be a good special teams guy.
Things fell into place nicely for the 49ers!  
Pete from Woodstock : 4/16/2018 3:01 pm : link
Rd 1- Tremaine Edmunds, OLB, Virginia Tech
Rd 2- Austin Corbett, OG, Nevada
Rd 3- Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia
Rd 3- James Washington WR Oklahoma State
Rd 4- Jalyn Holmes, DE, Ohio State
Rd 5- Tarvarus McFadden, CB, Florida State
Rd 6- Jaleel Scott, WR, New Mexico State

how many drafts will ever have  
Amtoft : 4/16/2018 3:08 pm : link
2 punters selected? Well mark this down as it will happen this year. To me though Dickson and JK Scott are on a whole next level. They both will be long time starters in this league and I couldn't be more happy to get one of them after release our punter.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 15 ... 17 18 19 <<Prev | Show All |  Next>>
Back to the Corner