Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

OBJ working out in UCLA

T-Bone : 4/10/2018 9:43 pm
He looks pretty good to me. Hope the link works... tryin to do this on my phone.
OBJ - ( New Window )
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
RE: .  
T-Bone : 4/10/2018 10:17 pm : link
In comment 13908763 arcarsenal said:
Quote:
It's April 10th - does it really matter if he's not working with Eli?

He's played with Eli for 3 full seasons worth of games now. I think the rapport is there. He's rehabbing and getting himself back up to 100%.

I swear, people will find any way to turn a positive about this dude into a negative. Every single time.


Just laugh at it buddy! Thatís what I do. To get upset about it is a waste of energy. Just enjoy the fact that there is someone out there always ready to be Ďthat guyí.
RE: I mean, he looks good and Iím glad hes working out.  
arcarsenal : 4/10/2018 10:17 pm : link
In comment 13908766 Brown Recluse said:
Quote:
Iíd definitely rather hear about him working with Eli, learning this new offense. Maybe he will show up later though.


I don't think Eli even knows the new offense yet.
RE: RE: .  
arcarsenal : 4/10/2018 10:18 pm : link
In comment 13908769 T-Bone said:
Quote:
In comment 13908763 arcarsenal said:


Quote:


It's April 10th - does it really matter if he's not working with Eli?

He's played with Eli for 3 full seasons worth of games now. I think the rapport is there. He's rehabbing and getting himself back up to 100%.

I swear, people will find any way to turn a positive about this dude into a negative. Every single time.



Just laugh at it buddy! Thatís what I do. To get upset about it is a waste of energy. Just enjoy the fact that there is someone out there always ready to be Ďthat guyí.


LOL, yeah man - it's something else. There's always someone.

Just gotta laugh at it.
RE: I mean, he looks good and Iím glad hes working out.  
T-Bone : 4/10/2018 10:20 pm : link
In comment 13908766 Brown Recluse said:
Quote:
Iíd definitely rather hear about him working with Eli, learning this new offense. Maybe he will show up later though.


Would it be nice? Ok... yeah.

Is it a big deal in any way? Naw.
RE: RE: So Odell chooses not to work with Eli  
Joey in VA : 4/10/2018 10:20 pm : link
In comment 13908743 Ten Ton Hammer said:
Quote:
In comment 13908726 elgoman said:


Quote:


He is working out in UCLA and doing everything he would otherwise do in Eli's camp, yet chooses not to work with Eli.



They work together plenty. It's not necessary for them to be joined at the hip.
He could cut your balls off and you'd find a way to say it's just Odell being Odell.
And actually  
Joey in VA : 4/10/2018 10:25 pm : link
He doesn't look great, he looks about half speed.
RE: RE: I mean, he looks good and Iím glad hes working out.  
Britt in VA : 4/10/2018 10:25 pm : link
In comment 13908770 arcarsenal said:
Quote:
In comment 13908766 Brown Recluse said:


Quote:


Iíd definitely rather hear about him working with Eli, learning this new offense. Maybe he will show up later though.



I don't think Eli even knows the new offense yet.


Exactly.
RE: I mean, he looks good and Iím glad hes working out.  
robbieballs2003 : 4/10/2018 10:26 pm : link
In comment 13908766 Brown Recluse said:
Quote:
Iíd definitely rather hear about him working with Eli, learning this new offense. Maybe he will show up later though.


Please explain how he's supposed to work on the new offense when it was illegal to discuss the offense prior to yesterday.
.  
arcarsenal : 4/10/2018 10:28 pm : link
It's relative - he had to rehab for a while. I think it's crazy to expect him to be full speed in April.

I think he looks very good at this stage and I don't see any reason why he's not going to be 100% by August/September.
RE: RE: RE: So Odell chooses not to work with Eli  
T-Bone : 4/10/2018 10:36 pm : link
In comment 13908775 Joey in VA said:
Quote:
In comment 13908743 Ten Ton Hammer said:


Quote:


In comment 13908726 elgoman said:


Quote:


He is working out in UCLA and doing everything he would otherwise do in Eli's camp, yet chooses not to work with Eli.



They work together plenty. It's not necessary for them to be joined at the hip.

He could cut your balls off and you'd find a way to say it's just Odell being Odell.


Wasnít it Eli who told Odell not to come to the Duke work out because of his rehab?

To answer an earlier question, I donít know when this video was taken. I donít do the Snapchat/Instagram stuff. I just got an alert on my phone about him working out and didnít see it posted and figured Iíd share what I thought would be good news. But somehow itís turned into a way to bash the guy. Everyone keeps demanding that he grow up some and he does that by showing up to voluntary camp. But thatís still not enough for some. All it takes is for a video to appear of him looking good while working out and you still have people ready to kill him for who he is or is not working out with. I just wonder if many of the same folks who have to criticize the manís every move would feel if their lives were in that fishbowl? Give him a break.

I wasnít planning doing a lot of typing about this thread because I just figured most would enjoy seeing visual evidence of OBJ looking good as he recovers. So I wonít be responding much for the rest of the night but will tomorrow.
Oh yeah.. and besides...  
T-Bone : 4/10/2018 10:37 pm : link
they donít allow on field work do they?
Good  
Go Terps : 4/10/2018 10:44 pm : link
At this point who needs the circus.
pay the man  
markky : 4/10/2018 10:44 pm : link
he annoys me more than anyone. so what. he also busts his butt more than anyone.
Okay, Iíll bite...  
bw in dc : 4/10/2018 10:46 pm : link
Why was that clip such a good indicator of OBJís progress?

He was doing cone drills at about 75% capacity, he looked a bit heavy legged running routes, he was trying to execute a few one handed grabs, and looked anything but his normal smooth self.

Itís good to see him back on the field, but letís not act like this was the ďah haĒ moment of return.

_________  
I am Ninja : 4/10/2018 10:46 pm : link
i wouldnt want to work with eli either if i were him. eli would probably throw him another injury ball.
RE: Okay, Iíll bite...  
arcarsenal : 4/10/2018 10:51 pm : link
In comment 13908802 bw in dc said:
Quote:
Why was that clip such a good indicator of OBJís progress?

He was doing cone drills at about 75% capacity, he looked a bit heavy legged running routes, he was trying to execute a few one handed grabs, and looked anything but his normal smooth self.

Itís good to see him back on the field, but letís not act like this was the ďah haĒ moment of return.


LOL, do you guys expect him to just be 100%, full go right out of the gates? He hasn't been going full bore for that long. It's going to take time.

This is good progress. If he's at 75% right now, he has 5 more months to get the rest of the way there.

He broke his ankle - he didn't rupture his Achilles.

Progress is progress. I don't know why people expect a guy to be at full speed immediately when he had to stop running for several months.
Arc...  
bw in dc : 4/10/2018 10:56 pm : link
Wait, you said he looked great, was making sharp cuts, and flying all over the field.

Was there another clip attached I missed? Honestly, I really didnít see what you described.
There were reports he was at the facility again today.  
BigBlue4You09 : 4/10/2018 10:56 pm : link
So is that location correct? Or did he fly to LA after coming in yesterday?

It doesnít really matter, heís healthy and looks 100% thatís all that matters.
RE: Arc...  
arcarsenal : 4/10/2018 11:04 pm : link
In comment 13908811 bw in dc said:
Quote:
Wait, you said he looked great, was making sharp cuts, and flying all over the field.

Was there another clip attached I missed? Honestly, I really didnít see what you described.


I think he looks great given where he's at in his rehab process.

Just my opinion. He couldn't run for months - he was in a walking boot until December. I don't think it's realistic to expect him to be in game shape on April 10th.

This is enough for me to believe he will be 100% when it counts.
OBJ  
Dragon : 4/11/2018 1:51 am : link
Better get some pads or weights on both top and bottom got to practice those high passes which are a requirement in Eli game. I know he looks great but donít forget how he ended up hurt those ankles will need to be really tested canít try to protect one because itís been hurt before.
RE: RE: RE: So Odell chooses not to work with Eli  
Ten Ton Hammer : 4/11/2018 2:20 am : link
In comment 13908775 Joey in VA said:
Quote:
In comment 13908743 Ten Ton Hammer said:


Quote:


In comment 13908726 elgoman said:


Quote:


He is working out in UCLA and doing everything he would otherwise do in Eli's camp, yet chooses not to work with Eli.



They work together plenty. It's not necessary for them to be joined at the hip.

He could cut your balls off and you'd find a way to say it's just Odell being Odell.


You picked a weird time to go off the wall dumb again.
...  
christian : 4/11/2018 3:55 am : link
Beckham is making decent progress, working with his medical staff and trainers, then went ahead and showed up at the Giants facility, and what some of you take out of it is he's not playing catch with your hero?

There are like a hundred threads about actual stulid stuff he did. Can't you guys dry hump those instead?
RE: RE: I mean, he looks good and Iím glad hes working out.  
Brown Recluse : 4/11/2018 6:05 am : link
In comment 13908779 robbieballs2003 said:
Quote:
In comment 13908766 Brown Recluse said:


Quote:


Iíd definitely rather hear about him working with Eli, learning this new offense. Maybe he will show up later though.



Please explain how he's supposed to work on the new offense when it was illegal to discuss the offense prior to yesterday.


Well now its legal, so get to work.

Quote:

Q: How important is it for Odell to be here?

A: I think it's important for the guys to be here, especially with a new offense, a new defense going in as well, a new coaching staff -- just to get familiar with everything going on. Right now you can kind of come in and coaches can take it slow a little bit and you're learning. You ask questions and you can kind of all learn it together, which is good. When guys start missing these meetings and these workouts on the field and stuff, you get behind and then you have to re-teach it, you've got to slow things down again for guys to catch up. Obviously I think it's an opportunity for us to start learning this offense, ask the right questions, make sure we have a good idea of what we're doing when we get out there to practice.


Like I said, maybe heíll show up later. Iím not that concerned about it but yeah, Iíd rather him be there. Iím not holding it against him.
Interesting drill with the soccer ball  
Steve in South Jersey : 4/11/2018 6:15 am : link
.
Eli said  
nygiants16 : 4/11/2018 6:51 am : link
He told Beckham don't come to Duke keep working on your rehab, he said he didn't want to mess up his schedule...

Beckham called him and asked if he wanted him to be there...

Some people bitch just for the sake of bitching
Thanks T-Bone.  
section125 : 4/11/2018 7:02 am : link
Glad he's moving and gaining confidence in the ankle.

It is really too bad he ruined half of BBI's day by showing up for the voluntary OTAs....they'll have to find something else to complain about.
RE: RE: So Odell chooses not to work with Eli  
djstat : 4/11/2018 7:19 am : link
In comment 13908751 Britt in VA said:
Quote:
In comment 13908726 elgoman said:


Quote:


He is working out in UCLA and doing everything he would otherwise do in Eli's camp, yet chooses not to work with Eli.



I don't get it either. I'm glad he's working out.
Eliís camp probably involves a lot more football work and less rehab work. Have a feeling OBJ is doing more than work and less football work. Itís April, keep calm.
RE: RE: RE: So Odell chooses not to work with Eli  
Britt in VA : 4/11/2018 8:57 am : link
In comment 13908897 djstat said:
Quote:
In comment 13908751 Britt in VA said:


Quote:


In comment 13908726 elgoman said:


Quote:


He is working out in UCLA and doing everything he would otherwise do in Eli's camp, yet chooses not to work with Eli.



I don't get it either. I'm glad he's working out.

Eliís camp probably involves a lot more football work and less rehab work. Have a feeling OBJ is doing more than work and less football work. Itís April, keep calm.


I wouldn't think twice about it if he hadn't skipped the camp last year as well... What was it? Oral surgery? Drake concert? Can't remember.

Either way, I don't understand why people are so testy that some fans wish Odell was working out with his QB. Seems perfectly reasonable to want that.
RE: RE: RE: RE: So Odell chooses not to work with Eli  
nygiants16 : 4/11/2018 8:58 am : link
In comment 13908985 Britt in VA said:
Quote:
In comment 13908897 djstat said:


Quote:


In comment 13908751 Britt in VA said:


Quote:


In comment 13908726 elgoman said:


Quote:


He is working out in UCLA and doing everything he would otherwise do in Eli's camp, yet chooses not to work with Eli.



I don't get it either. I'm glad he's working out.

Eliís camp probably involves a lot more football work and less rehab work. Have a feeling OBJ is doing more than work and less football work. Itís April, keep calm.



I wouldn't think twice about it if he hadn't skipped the camp last year as well... What was it? Oral surgery? Drake concert? Can't remember.

Either way, I don't understand why people are so testy that some fans wish Odell was working out with his QB. Seems perfectly reasonable to want that.


Eli told Beckham not to come
If that's truly the case, then cool.  
Britt in VA : 4/11/2018 9:00 am : link
.
Britt  
UConn4523 : 4/11/2018 9:02 am : link
you are being pretty dense here. Not even defending Beckam here but if the guy is working on REHAB, why would he drop that to do one-on-one drills?

Rehab from a broken ankle should be #1, 2, and 3 on Beckham's to do list. Getting "reps" over getting healthy is preposterous.

Insert any player coming off of an injury that isn't 100%, its really not a groundbreaking concept.
After Ray Lewis'  
Joey in VA : 4/11/2018 9:04 am : link
Incomprehensible rambling about Odell I am vehemently opposed to opposing him now. He irritated a murderer who roams free proselytizing so he wins in my book.
RE: After Ray Lewis'  
UConn4523 : 4/11/2018 9:05 am : link
In comment 13909007 Joey in VA said:
Quote:
Incomprehensible rambling about Odell I am vehemently opposed to opposing him now. He irritated a murderer who roams free proselytizing so he wins in my book.


Haha, that actually made me laugh.
RE: After Ray Lewis'  
arcarsenal : 4/11/2018 10:32 am : link
In comment 13909007 Joey in VA said:
Quote:
Incomprehensible rambling about Odell I am vehemently opposed to opposing him now. He irritated a murderer who roams free proselytizing so he wins in my book.


LOL
This is exactly what some of us  
Keith : 4/11/2018 10:35 am : link
hate about OBJ. You hero worshipping, pajama wearing homers will never see it. Just focus on football, american football. Why do you need to kick soccer balls? Is that gonna help you not take 5 PF calls per game? Just show up on the other side of the country in duke, forget your rehab and catch a few footballs, it's way more important.
Keith  
Chris684 : 4/11/2018 10:44 am : link
You're a regular comedian.

That sarcastic Beckham humor! Never seen that before on any of these threads.

Huge points for originality.
it'd be nice if he was doing this...  
Dave : 4/11/2018 10:45 am : link
with his teammates

imo
RE: Keith  
Keith : 4/11/2018 10:47 am : link
In comment 13909172 Chris684 said:
Quote:
You're a regular comedian.

That sarcastic Beckham humor! Never seen that before on any of these threads.

Huge points for originality.


I can't tell whether you are being sarcastic or not. Thank you?
RE: it'd be nice if he was doing this...  
nygiants16 : 4/11/2018 10:47 am : link
In comment 13909175 Dave said:
Quote:
with his teammates

imo


He is
RE: it'd be nice if he was doing this...  
Keith : 4/11/2018 10:48 am : link
In comment 13909175 Dave said:
Quote:
with his teammates

imo


I believe that this video is a few days old(at least) because he showed up at VOLUNTARY workouts to be with his teammates.
LOL..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 4/11/2018 10:52 am : link
why did I have the feeling that some posters would see the video and assume he was in LA instead of at mini-camp??

Predictable as all fuck.
RE: LOL..  
Go Terps : 4/11/2018 10:53 am : link
In comment 13909192 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
why did I have the feeling that some posters would see the video and assume he was in LA instead of at mini-camp??

Predictable as all fuck.


I didn't even watch it.
it's a team game  
Dave : 4/11/2018 10:54 am : link
last I checked

RE: it's a team game  
arcarsenal : 4/11/2018 10:55 am : link
In comment 13909203 Dave said:
Quote:
last I checked


And he's with his teammates. What's your point?
The last I..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 4/11/2018 10:56 am : link
checked, Odell was with his teammates.

You'd think if a dumbass was going to keep beating a drum, he'd at least have facts straight.

Fuck me.
RE: RE: Arc...  
bw in dc : 4/11/2018 11:06 am : link
In comment 13908815 arcarsenal said:
Quote:

I think he looks great given where he's at in his rehab process.

Just my opinion. He couldn't run for months - he was in a walking boot until December. I don't think it's realistic to expect him to be in game shape on April 10th.

This is enough for me to believe he will be 100% when it counts.


This got me wondering, if a team is still interested in the OBJ trade sweepstakes, this is a potentially interesting piece of evidence. You can draw several different conclusions - like we have...
I actually assumed the video was after his meeting on Monday.  
Brown Recluse : 4/11/2018 11:12 am : link
As in, he came in - said hi to Gettlemand and Shurmur, and then went back to LA. If thats not the case and he's there, then cool. Really wasn't that big of a deal to me either way.
RE: I actually assumed the video was after his meeting on Monday.  
nygiants16 : 4/11/2018 11:15 am : link
In comment 13909226 Brown Recluse said:
Quote:
As in, he came in - said hi to Gettlemand and Shurmur, and then went back to LA. If thats not the case and he's there, then cool. Really wasn't that big of a deal to me either way.


Was there yesterday, and there photos of him working out with team
Same here. It's not a big deal whether he's here  
Keith : 4/11/2018 11:15 am : link
or not in April. As a huge fan of Odells and someone who thinks he's part of the solution, not the problem though, this is a sign that the two sides are going to work things out and Odell will be signed soon.

Once again, I'll remind everyone. hitdog gave us some really good info a few weeks. If Odell shows up, proves he's rehabbing well and does the right things, a contract will follow.

To me, this is Odell doing those things, so hopefully the contract is coming.

RE: RE: RE: Arc...  
arcarsenal : 4/11/2018 11:17 am : link
In comment 13909217 bw in dc said:
Quote:
In comment 13908815 arcarsenal said:


Quote:



I think he looks great given where he's at in his rehab process.

Just my opinion. He couldn't run for months - he was in a walking boot until December. I don't think it's realistic to expect him to be in game shape on April 10th.

This is enough for me to believe he will be 100% when it counts.



This got me wondering, if a team is still interested in the OBJ trade sweepstakes, this is a potentially interesting piece of evidence. You can draw several different conclusions - like we have...


b-dubs, I kinda think that ship has sailed at this point - it seems like he's doing the things the higher-ups wanted to see him do in order to stick around long-term.

I'm kinda going off the nuggets hitdog has given us regarding the situation - but it sounds like they wanted to see him show up to the facility, show that he's getting healthy, talk to some people there, and that things can take off from there in terms of him eventually getting an extension.

Of course, anything is still possible. We shall see.
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner