Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

An early look at the names at the top of QB Class of 2018

Ten Ton Hammer : 4/11/2018 4:27 pm
Is not at all appealing.

https://twitter.com/QBKlass/status/983849507694637056
Players  
AcidTest : 4/11/2018 4:34 pm : link
always emerge. A lot of athletes show a surge in success and talent as the "light goes on" and he game slows down. That happens at every level of sports, including the NFL.
MIssing is Shea patterson  
dep026 : 4/11/2018 4:36 pm : link
Needs to be deemed eligible first.
Wilton Speight is on that list  
RobCarpenter : 4/11/2018 4:38 pm : link
1,000 times no.
Well, at least 3  
old man : 4/11/2018 4:43 pm : link
Will have a good year and be the hot new flavor for 4 teams to fight over, move up, to get their guy.
NE, Pitt, Miami, Jville, Az, Denver, NO,Balt, Indy,Buffalo,GB?,Cincy, minus whoever moves to get their guy this year.
RE: Players  
twostepgiants : 4/11/2018 4:45 pm : link
In comment 13909777 AcidTest said:
Quote:
always emerge. A lot of athletes show a surge in success and talent as the "light goes on" and he game slows down. That happens at every level of sports, including the NFL.


Thats great but mostly its known in advance. People knew these 4 guys last year. Peyton and Luck were known year in advance etc

If Giants pass this year, there is likely no FA QB available either. The only potential QB by trade is Foles and that isnt happening

Pass this year and its really a 2 year wait at least
RE: RE: Players  
lax counsel : 4/11/2018 4:57 pm : link
In comment 13909808 twostepgiants said:
Quote:
In comment 13909777 AcidTest said:


Quote:


always emerge. A lot of athletes show a surge in success and talent as the "light goes on" and he game slows down. That happens at every level of sports, including the NFL.



Thats great but mostly its known in advance. People knew these 4 guys last year. Peyton and Luck were known year in advance etc

If Giants pass this year, there is likely no FA QB available either. The only potential QB by trade is Foles and that isnt happening

Pass this year and its really a 2 year wait at least


Agreed, you usually know about the elite talents, like Darnold/Rosen a year in advance. I'll also add that some of the names on next years list went back to school this year because they received mid round grades in the pre draft process (I.e. Lock and Finley). I'm not sure there will be any first round caliber qbs in next years class. So for those that want to forgo this year and tree up next year, be careful what you wish for. If the Giants make the monuments error of passing on one of the top 2 qbs this year, it's really a 2020 proposition.
Why would we care ?  
Spider56 : 4/11/2018 5:04 pm : link
Either we take 1 this year or if we donít itís because of faith in Davis Webb..
In either case we wonít be looking for 1 next year.

Btw, Ryan Finley is at NCSU not Michigan and he will be at least as good as Trubisky.
RE: Why would we care ?  
Ten Ton Hammer : 4/11/2018 5:14 pm : link
In comment 13909849 Spider56 said:
Quote:
Either we take 1 this year or if we donít itís because of faith in Davis Webb..
In either case we wonít be looking for 1 next year.


Now what if they don't take one because of faith in Webb, and Webb sucks?
If Webb is not the answer ...  
Spider56 : 4/11/2018 5:24 pm : link
We wonít know it for at least another 2 years ... odds are that Eli takes every meaningful snap next year ... and you really donít find out very much during preseason ... especially if OBJ and others are held out. If we do learn much about Webb next year, weíre in for another long season ... and off season too.
While most are just starting their digging and evaluations  
Peppers : 4/11/2018 6:04 pm : link
for next years class, I have heard nothing but skepticism about the QBs.

Lock, projected as the #1 guy received a "return to school" grade from the draft advisory committee. Meaning he didn't even receive a 2nd round grade. He'll need to improve his completion percentage and show he can connect on intermediate passes to be considered top 10 talent.

The DL class next year is projecting to be unbelievable.
RE: Giants make the monuments error of passing on one  
Trainmaster : 4/11/2018 7:26 pm : link
And by guessing wrong on one of these 2018 QBs we wonít be making an even worse error?
RE: RE: Why would we care ?  
JCin332 : 4/12/2018 6:31 am : link
In comment 13909872 Ten Ton Hammer said:
Quote:
In comment 13909849 Spider56 said:


Quote:


Either we take 1 this year or if we donít itís because of faith in Davis Webb..
In either case we wonít be looking for 1 next year.




Now what if they don't take one because of faith in Webb, and Webb sucks?


Now what if they take one because of lack of faith in Webb and he sucks...?
RE: RE: RE: Why would we care ?  
Ten Ton Hammer : 4/12/2018 6:40 am : link
In comment 13910551 JCin332 said:
Quote:
In comment 13909872 Ten Ton Hammer said:


Quote:


In comment 13909849 Spider56 said:


Quote:


Either we take 1 this year or if we donít itís because of faith in Davis Webb..
In either case we wonít be looking for 1 next year.




Now what if they don't take one because of faith in Webb, and Webb sucks?



Now what if they take one because of lack of faith in Webb and he sucks...?


Then you tried with a legit player. Risk is part of it. If you wait for the QB that is a lock to be successful, you'd be waiting for quite some time. Everyone loves Eli unconditionally now. They didn't up until very late in the 2007 season.

And you still have Webb as a fallback.
Fun to look at, but kids always rise up.  
Jim in Forest Hills : 4/12/2018 8:41 am : link
Carson Wentz, Trubisky, Allen, there will be some talent there. Question is will the Giants be in position to draft one?
Don't you mean 2019?  
jeff57 : 4/12/2018 8:48 am : link
And where's Lock.
On the flip side..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 4/12/2018 8:52 am : link
I think part of the problem with this years class is that some of these guys were overhyped going into this year, and then their relatively lackluster performances didn't really impact the hype.

Personally, I think the Giants may only like one guy out of the group.
Back to the Corner