Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

NFT: The last Knicks Tank Thread of this season

Earl the goat : 4/11/2018 6:33 pm
Big games tonight with lottery implications

Knicks Cavs. Knicks with 53 losses

Nets Celtics. Nets with 53 losses

Bulls Pistons. Bulls with 54 losses

Small possibility Knicks could end up in the 7th spot
Huge  
Keith : 4/11/2018 6:37 pm : link
night for us.
Not that I'm trying to bring any bad juju  
tbonfig : 4/11/2018 6:47 pm : link
into this whole tanking process but I remember seeing something about how often the Knicks have lost draft position in the last 20 years and it is like, all the freakin' time.

So even if we end up at the '7' spot in the rankings, I fully expect the Knicks to somehow, even though it is not possible, end up with the 23rd pick in the draft.
Celtics are sending out a G-League team, so that helps.  
bceagle05 : 4/11/2018 6:56 pm : link
Cleveland's resting Love, Korver and Hood, and will likely pull LBJ early.
If trey Burke and Frankie smokes go nuts and the Knicks win  
djm : 4/11/2018 7:05 pm : link
Iíll live with it. Old players or players not here for the long haul need not apply.
Maybe JR Smith  
bceagle05 : 4/11/2018 7:10 pm : link
is due for one of those crazy nights when he hits 10 threes.
What are the tie breakers even if they end up with the same lossess  
steve in ky : 4/11/2018 7:11 pm : link
as either of these teams? Who gets the higher pick, anyone know?
RE: What are the tie breakers even if they end up with the same lossess  
djm : 4/11/2018 7:13 pm : link
In comment 13909988 steve in ky said:
Quote:
as either of these teams? Who gets the higher pick, anyone know?


Coin flip
RE: RE: What are the tie breakers even if they end up with the same lossess  
steve in ky : 4/11/2018 7:14 pm : link
In comment 13909990 djm said:
Quote:
In comment 13909988 steve in ky said:


Quote:


as either of these teams? Who gets the higher pick, anyone know?



Coin flip


LOL and that usually goes well for the Knicks
To the surprise of nobody  
bceagle05 : 4/11/2018 9:23 pm : link
Knicks are up 20, Nets are down 20.
RE: RE: RE: What are the tie breakers even if they end up with the same lossess  
The_Boss : 4/11/2018 9:24 pm : link
In comment 13909993 steve in ky said:
Quote:
In comment 13909990 djm said:


Quote:


In comment 13909988 steve in ky said:


Quote:


as either of these teams? Who gets the higher pick, anyone know?



Coin flip



LOL and that usually goes well for the Knicks


Nothing has gone well for the perhaps Knicks since Ewingís rebound dunk on a Starks miss vs the Pacers in Ď94. Maybe LJís 4 point play?
RE: RE: RE: RE: What are the tie breakers even if they end up with the same lossess  
The_Boss : 4/11/2018 9:25 pm : link
In comment 13910246 The_Boss said:
Quote:
In comment 13909993 steve in ky said:


Quote:


In comment 13909990 djm said:


Quote:


In comment 13909988 steve in ky said:


Quote:


as either of these teams? Who gets the higher pick, anyone know?



Coin flip



LOL and that usually goes well for the Knicks



Nothing has gone well for the perhaps Knicks since Ewingís rebound dunk on a Starks miss vs the Pacers in Ď94. Maybe LJís 4 point play?


** Knicks perhaps **
Wow Knicks did this last year  
Carl in CT : 4/11/2018 9:28 pm : link
And doing it again
They woulda lost the coin flip anyway.  
bceagle05 : 4/11/2018 9:30 pm : link
Nets are fucking useless - getting skullfucked by Boston's G-League squad.
Pathetic. I'll say this, though. The kids doesn't quit.  
yatqb : 4/11/2018 9:48 pm : link
They may stink, but they usually try.
1 thing I really like about burke  
nygiants16 : 4/11/2018 9:51 pm : link
He doesn't turn the ball over
Would you trade the 9th pick for wiggins?  
nygiants16 : 4/11/2018 10:19 pm : link
..
The Knicks franchise is both stupid AND snakebit  
PhilSimms15 : 4/11/2018 10:20 pm : link
Last year they won on the last day, so tied for 7th and 8th, then lost the coin flip, the dropped another slot in the lottery.

You have to figure now they are in the ninth slot but somehow will be pushed to 10 in the lottery.

They are an infuriating team to root for.
For me it's a 9 person draft.  
Jon in NYC : 4/11/2018 10:23 pm : link
In no order:

Bamba, Doncic, Bridges, Bagley, Porter, Jackson, Young, Carter, Ayton.

They could take any of the 9 and I'd be stoked. Young is probably the most polarizing.
RE: For me it's a 9 person draft.  
nygiants16 : 4/11/2018 10:24 pm : link
In comment 13910394 Jon in NYC said:
Quote:
In no order:

Bamba, Doncic, Bridges, Bagley, Porter, Jackson, Young, Carter, Ayton.

They could take any of the 9 and I'd be stoked. Young is probably the most polarizing.


I'd add in the other bridges and Knox I think is a sleeper
RE: RE: For me it's a 9 person draft.  
Jon in NYC : 4/11/2018 10:26 pm : link
In comment 13910397 nygiants16 said:
Quote:
In comment 13910394 Jon in NYC said:


Quote:


In no order:

Bamba, Doncic, Bridges, Bagley, Porter, Jackson, Young, Carter, Ayton.

They could take any of the 9 and I'd be stoked. Young is probably the most polarizing.



I'd add in the other bridges and Knox I think is a sleeper


People like Sexton too. But after those 12 there's a big drop. So unless they were going to make a jump to 5 to get Porter/Doncic, 7/8/9 isn't a huge deal.

I bet they end up with Mikal Bridges, which would be great.
Only the Knicks can consistently win only when  
mfsd : 4/11/2018 10:27 pm : link
itís the last thing they should do
RE: The Knicks franchise is both stupid AND snakebit  
GFAN52 : 4/11/2018 10:27 pm : link
In comment 13910388 PhilSimms15 said:
Quote:
Last year they won on the last day, so tied for 7th and 8th, then lost the coin flip, the dropped another slot in the lottery.

You have to figure now they are in the ninth slot but somehow will be pushed to 10 in the lottery.

They are an infuriating team to root for.


Basketball gods have been punishing the Knicks ever since they won the Ewing lottery.
RE: Only the Knicks can consistently win only when  
Ten Ton Hammer : 4/11/2018 10:50 pm : link
In comment 13910402 mfsd said:
Quote:
itís the last thing they should do


Not much you can do when the other team doesn't care about the game either.
Canít get mad at them for winning a few games  
djm : 4/11/2018 10:56 pm : link
They went like what, 6-30 after KP got hurt ? Something like that... there are just a lot of truly terrible teams. Thatís what fucked the Knicks not one or two or three wins in April.

Winning games wasnít what killed the Knicks the last 15 years. Bad trades and lost draft picks killed them. If tonight is going to infuriate you I donít know what to tell you. It was nice to see the kids play well. Maybe it means nothing or maybe it means somthing. I want to see more of frank and Burke and Dotson and Kornet, and of course KP...they won 2-3 here because of some encouraging young talent. Bright side.

They have their picks. So they pick 9th or so...probably would have lost the coin flip anyway. just draft a winning player.
Think of it this way  
djm : 4/11/2018 10:58 pm : link
If KP doesnít get hurt or if the Knicks were a little bit better they likely would be picking in the teens instead of inside the top 10. They tanked just fine problem was 8 other teams quit.
Last year, 29 wins got you the fifth pick.  
bceagle05 : 4/11/2018 11:04 pm : link
This year it gets you the ninth. Not much the Knicks can do, but frustrating nonetheless.
The nba more than any other league  
djm : 4/11/2018 11:30 pm : link
Where one player can completely turn a team around and the easiest way to obtain a great player is high in the draft. You have this model. I still say there needs to be some kind of incentive for teams in the middle. The nba can tap into more drama and meaningful games if they created some kind of lottery tournament.
RE: The nba more than any other league  
Del Shofner : 4/11/2018 11:59 pm : link
In comment 13910493 djm said:
Quote:
Where one player can completely turn a team around and the easiest way to obtain a great player is high in the draft. You have this model. I still say there needs to be some kind of incentive for teams in the middle. The nba can tap into more drama and meaningful games if they created some kind of lottery tournament.


A lot of people hate the idea of relegation as is done in soccer in Europe (the bottom three or four teams have to drop out of the top league, although they can work their way back the next year), but it would sure solve the tanking problem immediately. Not suggesting it's realistic for the NBA - just saying that there is some real late season drama for the lower tier teams trying desperately to stay up, and that's sure lacking here.

Anyway ... back to reality. Kornet and Dotson had good games.
Incredible that Dotson didn't get more playing time this season.  
bceagle05 : 4/12/2018 12:08 am : link
All those minutes that Lance and Baker got, all those games Timmy missed - it's ridiculous. Not like he's some teenager either - he was a four-year college player.
Sexton  
RAIN : 4/12/2018 2:27 am : link
Will rise.

SGA is real interesting. Mikael Bridges is safe. Robert Williams has some defensive upside. I like the Talent to 12. The players in the late lottery areintriguing two way players.
Back to the Corner