Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

Saquon Barkley spotted wearing Giants hoodie ahead of draft

gidiefor : Mod : 4/13/2018 7:06 am
Quote:
Did Saquon Barkley just drop a Giant hint?

The projected top running back in this monthís draft was spotted at a Pennsylvania barber shop recently wearing a hooded Giants sweatshirt, according to photos captured by TMZ. Barkley has been linked to the Giants in the run-up to the draft on April 26, with GM Dave Gettleman and coach Pat Shurmur both indicating he would be worthy of the No. 2 pick.

It was likely a coincidence Barkley wore the sweatshirt, which the Giants reportedly gifted him during his pre-draft visit, but the timing raised eyebrows.

- more by Hannah Withiam NY Post - - ( New Window )
Posted yesterday  
GiantGolfer : 4/13/2018 7:09 am : link
.
Link - ( New Window )
"It was likely a coincidence Barkley wore the sweatshirt..."  
JohnB : 4/13/2018 7:48 am : link
A coincidence? Hell no! Every move he makes is done with his agent's knowledge and approval. Being drafted by the Giants means he is taken #2 and that's a lot of money. If he isn't taken at #2, we all know the Jets are going QB at #3. So if the Giants pass, he is slipping to #4 (or lower). That means a lot less money for Mr. Barkley.

My opinion is that he wore the hoodie because he wants to be drafted by the Giants and the main reason he wants that is because it's more money than being drafted by the Browns.

It's all about the money.
I was wearing one as well  
joeinpa : 4/13/2018 7:54 am : link
Working in the yard yesterday. Should I be expecting a call from the Giants.

Even at my age I can still throw it pretty well, especially those Nerff footballs
I would not be shocked if he's the guy  
markky : 4/13/2018 8:00 am : link
Bringing in a couple of high profile, high character guys like him and Solder can be transformational
Yeah exactly...  
Zepp : 4/13/2018 8:52 am : link
Its not coincidence he is not an idiot. Heís spoken to his agent about possible scenarios. He definitely doesnít want to drop to 4 or further and Iím sure he would love to play for the Giants especially being from the area. Hes aware of the history of the team, the organization, the fans. Im sure he would love any NFL job since that is a dream for anyone but seriously if he had his choice between the Browns and the Giants...its not a choice at all.
Millions of reasons to want to be drafted 2nd rather than 4th.  
Ten Ton Hammer : 4/13/2018 9:03 am : link
.
The Giants..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 4/13/2018 9:19 am : link
have a real dilemma!!

Do they draft a guy because he wears their hoodie, or do they force a QB pick so they don't get embarrassed by the Jets possibly picking an even better QB??

If Darnold starts wearing Eagle gear, we could be fucked!!
More like he wants to be drafted #1 and wants the Browns to be spooked  
TD : 4/13/2018 9:21 am : link
So the Browns donít wait till #4 to take him.
No clue why  
Big Rick in FL : 4/13/2018 9:24 am : link
Anybody is making a big deal about this. Every player that visits the team and any team is given apparel. He just chose to wear this one in public. It means absolutely nothing.
RE: The Giants..  
Harvest Blend : 4/13/2018 9:25 am : link
In comment 13912555 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
have a real dilemma!!

Do they draft a guy because he wears their hoodie, or do they force a QB pick so they don't get embarrassed by the Jets possibly picking an even better QB??

If Darnold starts wearing Eagle gear, we could be fucked!!


LOL. The Jets part was an especially nice touch.
RE: Posted yesterday  
Mr. Bungle : 4/13/2018 9:29 am : link
In comment 13912397 GiantGolfer said:
Quote:
. Link - ( New Window )


^^^^^
He probably got it for free  
Bill in UT : 4/13/2018 9:36 am : link
when he came to visit. I wouldn't read much into it
RE: He probably got it for free  
Zepp : 4/13/2018 9:43 am : link
In comment 13912586 Bill in UT said:
Quote:
when he came to visit. I wouldn't read much into it


True....but he got apparel for free from every team he went to visit but he chose to wore the blue.

Get it done DG.
RE: RE: He probably got it for free  
Bill in UT : 4/13/2018 10:02 am : link
In comment 13912601 Zepp said:
Quote:
In comment 13912586 Bill in UT said:


Quote:


when he came to visit. I wouldn't read much into it



True....but he got apparel for free from every team he went to visit but he chose to wore the blue.

Get it done DG.


But do we know who's logo was on his boxers?
RE: The Giants..  
NNJ Tom : 4/13/2018 10:17 am : link
In comment 13912555 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
have a real dilemma!!

Do they draft a guy because he wears their hoodie, or do they force a QB pick so they don't get embarrassed by the Jets possibly picking an even better QB??

If Darnold starts wearing Eagle gear, we could be fucked!!


Actually, I came across this tweet of Darnold autographed Browns mini-helmets. Makes you go ummmmmmm.
Fishy - ( New Window )
I'm wearing a Rangers  
ArizonaBlue : 4/13/2018 11:08 am : link
shirt at work today. Maybe today is the day I'll tell my boss I'm taking the NYR coaching job
RE: The Giants..  
Amtoft : 4/13/2018 11:30 am : link
In comment 13912555 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
have a real dilemma!!

Do they draft a guy because he wears their hoodie, or do they force a QB pick so they don't get embarrassed by the Jets possibly picking an even better QB??

If Darnold starts wearing Eagle gear, we could be fucked!!


Hahaha I miss posts like these when I get busy.
RE:  
Coach Red Beaulieu : 4/13/2018 12:55 pm : link
In comment 13912428 JohnB said:
Quote:
A coincidence? Hell no! Every move he makes is done with his agent's knowledge and approval. Being drafted by the Giants means he is taken #2 and that's a lot of money. If he isn't taken at #2, we all know the Jets are going QB at #3. So if the Giants pass, he is slipping to #4 (or lower). That means a lot less money for Mr. Barkley.

My opinion is that he wore the hoodie because he wants to be drafted by the Giants and the main reason he wants that is because it's more money than being drafted by the Browns.

It's all about the money.


He also probably doesn't want to play for the Browns and get Trent Richardsoned.
Back to the Corner