Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

NFT: Yankees (6-7) @ Tigers (4-8), TGIF Boomstick Ed.

RasputinPrime : 4/13/2018 6:37 pm

1. Brett Gardner (L) LF .245/.362/.347, 0.5 fWAR
2. Aaron Judge (R) RF .347/.475/.592, 0.9 fWAR
3. Giancarlo Stanton (R) DH .241/.328/.500, 0.5 fWAR
4. Didi Gregorius (L) SS .333/.455/.738, 1 fWAR
5. Gary Sanchez (R) CA .133/.152/.400, -0.1 fWAR
6. Aaron Hicks (S) CF .250/.250/.250, -0.1 fWAR
7. Neil Walker (S) 1B .209/.292/.233, -0.2 fWAR
8. Miguel Andujar (R) 3B .107/.133/.107, -0.4 fWAR
9. Ronald Torreyes (R) 2B .353/.353/.529, 0.2 fWAR

Jordan Montgomery (L): (9.1 IP, 4.82 ERA, 0.0 RA9 WAR)
vs.
Mike Fiers (R): (6 IP, 0.00 ERA, 0.5 RA9 WAR)

1. Leonys Martin (L) CF .295/.380/.432, 0.4 fWAR
2. Jeimer Candelario (S) 3B .200/.298/.320, -0.1 fWAR
3. Miguel Cabrera (R) 1B .227/.300/.364, 0 fWAR
4. Nicholas Castellanos (R) RF .286/.352/.408, 0.3 fWAR
5. Victor Martinez (S) DH .235/.325/.294, -0.1 fWAR
6. James McCann (R) CA .147/.237/.176, -0.1 fWAR
7. JaCoby Jones (R) LF .231/.444/.231, 0.1 fWAR
8. Jose Iglesias (R) SS .057/.175/.086, -0.3 fWAR
9. Dixon Machado (R) 2B .233/.267/.395, 0 fWAR
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
RE: Gleyber Torres has 2 RBI Singles tonight.  
RasputinPrime : 4/13/2018 9:23 pm : link
In comment 13913631 Dave in Hoboken said:
Quote:
.


shhhhhhhhh
(secret)
RE: I think Gardy might be playing hurt  
section125 : 4/13/2018 9:35 pm : link
In comment 13913608 bigbluehoya said:
Quote:
He looks stiff to me and seems like he’s really grumpy / irritated.


He hates the cold and he always plays grumpy.
Toe just hits  
RasputinPrime : 4/13/2018 9:48 pm : link
7-3
LOL....  
FatMan in Charlotte : 4/13/2018 9:51 pm : link
Quote:
I'm upset because there doesn't seem to be a day that goes by that Boone doesn't pull some bonehead move.


I'm upset that not a day goes by where somebody doesn't slam Boone, even over minor, innocuous shit.
RE: RE: I think Gardy might be playing hurt  
bigbluehoya : 4/13/2018 9:53 pm : link
In comment 13913644 section125 said:
Quote:
In comment 13913608 bigbluehoya said:


Quote:


He looks stiff to me and seems like he’s really grumpy / irritated.



He hates the cold and he always plays grumpy.


I’ve watched Gardy play as much as you have. He’s always edgy/feisty, he just looks more tired and crotchety to me right now. Could be the cold, that’s fair. Just doesn’t seem to be moving as comfortably to me.

Hope I am wrong.
Stanton  
RasputinPrime : 4/13/2018 9:54 pm : link
with another choke-job. Jesus. Just have good ABs. He is hacking every time up.
I think most of us can agrere that Betances  
xman : 4/13/2018 10:06 pm : link
has jumped the shark
Betances looking toasty.  
Dave in Hoboken : 4/13/2018 10:10 pm : link
What a shame for him, really.
Good ol' Dellin.  
bceagle05 : 4/13/2018 10:12 pm : link
But he's got great stuff!
Betances is difficult  
dune69 : 4/13/2018 10:16 pm : link
to watch give leads away. He needs to get his shit together.
Goodness Betances ...  
DennyInDenville : 4/13/2018 10:17 pm : link
If only we traded him instead of Andrew Miller

i blame the pitching coach  
RasputinPrime : 4/13/2018 10:18 pm : link
and his team. You can't have Betances struggling this badly for this long.
Bums me out. Dellin’s been so good in the past  
mfsd : 4/13/2018 10:19 pm : link
but he really looks shot right now. Boone was about 4 batters late with the hook
Mop up specialist  
xman : 4/13/2018 10:20 pm : link
what the heck is Boone thinking? Build up his confidence? Please you can't make gold out of crap. He is cooked. C'est la vie
RE: Mop up specialist  
mfsd : 4/13/2018 10:21 pm : link
In comment 13913687 xman said:
Quote:
what the heck is Boone thinking? Build up his confidence? Please you can't make gold out of crap. He is cooked. C'est la vie


Seriously. Leaving him in to throw BP doesn’t help anyone
He's seriously awful now..  
Dave in Hoboken : 4/13/2018 10:22 pm : link
.
Chad Green >>>>>  
Dave in Hoboken : 4/13/2018 10:24 pm : link
.
They are hitting the FB?  
section125 : 4/13/2018 10:25 pm : link
The breaking balls look good. Need develop a two seamer?

Also, a couple of those hits were flinging the bat at the ball - lots of luck.
Betances has been struggling for awhile now,  
Dave in Hoboken : 4/13/2018 10:28 pm : link
dating back to last season. Plenty of sample size.
The only luck was that Betances didn't hit or walk anybody  
xman : 4/13/2018 10:30 pm : link
now our new robot manager Boone will bring in Chapman who just might crap the bed. I guess I can't fault him for going to Chapman but Green is a better bet tonight. Chapman's the closer so lets hope the cold weather doesn't hurt him. But his last outing was anything but brilliant
Tigers may have a fair gripe about that one  
mfsd : 4/13/2018 10:33 pm : link
But whatever, our pitchers get squeezed plenty too
As bad as Betances looked,  
section125 : 4/13/2018 10:40 pm : link
Chapman looked great. His breaking balls are getting better.
Solid win  
mfsd : 4/13/2018 10:43 pm : link
Missed most of it, but nice to see Hicks getting back on track quickly

Chapman's location was filthy  
illmatic : 4/13/2018 10:49 pm : link
tonight.
RE: Tigers may have a fair gripe about that one  
section125 : 4/13/2018 10:50 pm : link
In comment 13913709 mfsd said:
Quote:
But whatever, our pitchers get squeezed plenty too


It was close enough. There were a few clinkers against the Yanks as you said.
Welcome back, Aaron Hicks!  
Dave in Hoboken : 4/13/2018 10:52 pm : link
Nice win.
.  
Dave in Hoboken : 4/13/2018 11:12 pm : link
Yankees PR Dept.

account

@YankeesPR

The Yankees are the first team in Major League history to have five different players record a multi-HR game in the first 14 games of a season (Stanton, Austin, Gregorius, Sánchez, Hicks).
RE: .  
mfsd : 4/13/2018 11:20 pm : link
In comment 13913731 Dave in Hoboken said:
Quote:
Yankees PR Dept.

account

@YankeesPR

The Yankees are the first team in Major League history to have five different players record a multi-HR game in the first 14 games of a season (Stanton, Austin, Gregorius, Sánchez, Hicks).


Who would have thought they could do that and one of them wouldn’t be Judge?
RE: They are hitting the FB?  
Del Shofner : 4/13/2018 11:40 pm : link
In comment 13913696 section125 said:
Quote:
The breaking balls look good. Need develop a two seamer?

Also, a couple of those hits were flinging the bat at the ball - lots of luck.


The breaking balls were OK. The fastball was both predictable and very straight. Agree a two-seamer could help.
RE: .  
Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx : 4/14/2018 4:13 am : link
In comment 13913731 Dave in Hoboken said:
Quote:
Yankees PR Dept.

account

@YankeesPR

The Yankees are the first team in Major League history to have five different players record a multi-HR game in the first 14 games of a season (Stanton, Austin, Gregorius, Sánchez, Hicks).


Yet are 7-7 to show for it.

Cash missing out on Otani wasnt really in his control (he didnt want NY). It still early but Cole to me was a big miss. I would have ponied up the prospects (short of Gleyber and maybe 1-2 pitchers to get him).
RE: .  
Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx : 4/14/2018 3:58 am : link
In comment 13913731 Dave in Hoboken said:
Quote:
Yankees PR Dept.

account

@YankeesPR

The Yankees are the first team in Major League history to have five different players record a multi-HR game in the first 14 games of a season (Stanton, Austin, Gregorius, Sánchez, Hicks).


Yet are 7-7 to show for it.

Cash missing out on Otani wasnt really in his control (he didnt want NY). It still early but Cole to me was a big miss. I would have ponied up the prospects (short of Gleyber and maybe 1-2 pitchers to get him).
RE: .  
Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx : 4/14/2018 4:42 am : link
In comment 13913731 Dave in Hoboken said:
Quote:
Yankees PR Dept.

account

@YankeesPR

The Yankees are the first team in Major League history to have five different players record a multi-HR game in the first 14 games of a season (Stanton, Austin, Gregorius, Sánchez, Hicks).


Yet are 7-7 to show for it.

Cash missing out on Otani wasnt really in his control (he didnt want NY). It still early but Cole to me was a big miss. I would have ponied up the prospects (short of Gleyber and maybe 1-2 pitchers to get him).
RE: .  
Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx : 4/14/2018 8:00 am : link
In comment 13913731 Dave in Hoboken said:
Quote:
Yankees PR Dept.

account

@YankeesPR

The Yankees are the first team in Major League history to have five different players record a multi-HR game in the first 14 games of a season (Stanton, Austin, Gregorius, Sánchez, Hicks).


Yet are 7-7 to show for it.

Cash missing out on Otani wasnt really in his control (he didnt want NY). It still early but Cole to me was a big miss. I would have ponied up the prospects (short of Gleyber and maybe 1-2 pitchers to get him).
Wow  
Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx : 4/14/2018 8:07 am : link
My apologies for the multiple posts!
RE: RE: .  
Beer Man : 4/14/2018 8:35 am : link
In comment 13913780 Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx said:
Quote:
In comment 13913731 Dave in Hoboken said:


Quote:


Yankees PR Dept.

account

@YankeesPR

The Yankees are the first team in Major League history to have five different players record a multi-HR game in the first 14 games of a season (Stanton, Austin, Gregorius, Sánchez, Hicks).



Yet are 7-7 to show for it.

Cash missing out on Otani wasnt really in his control (he didnt want NY). It still early but Cole to me was a big miss. I would have ponied up the prospects (short of Gleyber and maybe 1-2 pitchers to get him).
The Pirates were insistent that Gleyber be included in a Cole deal, which wasn't going to happen. I think the farm has some very good relief pitching prospects near MLB ready, I wish some of the higher end SPs were closer to being ready.
RE: The only luck was that Betances didn't hit or walk anybody  
Beer Man : 4/14/2018 9:39 am : link
In comment 13913707 xman said:
Quote:
now our new robot manager Boone will bring in Chapman who just might crap the bed. I guess I can't fault him for going to Chapman but Green is a better bet tonight. Chapman's the closer so lets hope the cold weather doesn't hurt him. But his last outing was anything but brilliant
Betances has become a giant head case. IMO, he needs a change of scenery
RE: RE: Gleyber Torres has 2 RBI Singles tonight.  
Beer Man : 4/14/2018 10:03 am : link
In comment 13913633 RasputinPrime said:
Quote:
In comment 13913631 Dave in Hoboken said:


Quote:


.



shhhhhhhhh
(secret)
I wouldn't count on Gleyber just yet, according to Boone "Torres, though hitting well in the minors, was not quite in groove the Yankees would like to see". I think they are going to give him more time to knock off the rust and get back to swinging the bat the way he was pre-injury.
NY Times - ( New Window )
Yanks have had three managers  
djm : 4/14/2018 10:13 am : link
Over the last 20 years. Two of them were as accomplished and successful as any manager has ever been. And Yankee fans bitched and moaned about those two every single day on BBI.

It’s the main reason why I usually stay off most Yankee threads this time of year.
RE: Yanks have had three managers  
HomerJones45 : 4/14/2018 10:30 am : link
In comment 13913909 djm said:
Quote:
Over the last 20 years. Two of them were as accomplished and successful as any manager has ever been. And Yankee fans bitched and moaned about those two every single day on BBI.

It’s the main reason why I usually stay off most Yankee threads this time of year.
And this one is a readily apparent figurehead.
RE: RE: RE: .  
HomerJones45 : 4/14/2018 10:44 am : link
In comment 13913840 Beer Man said:
Quote:
In comment 13913780 Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx said:


Quote:


In comment 13913731 Dave in Hoboken said:


Quote:


Yankees PR Dept.

account

@YankeesPR

The Yankees are the first team in Major League history to have five different players record a multi-HR game in the first 14 games of a season (Stanton, Austin, Gregorius, Sánchez, Hicks).



Yet are 7-7 to show for it.

Cash missing out on Otani wasnt really in his control (he didnt want NY). It still early but Cole to me was a big miss. I would have ponied up the prospects (short of Gleyber and maybe 1-2 pitchers to get him).

The Pirates were insistent that Gleyber be included in a Cole deal, which wasn't going to happen. I think the farm has some very good relief pitching prospects near MLB ready, I wish some of the higher end SPs were closer to being ready.
Why? They should have included him once it appeared Didi could handle SS. The paths of team construction are littered with the corpses of failed prospects. Cole had already made it. Cole-Severino-Tanaka-Gray would have been a very nice and young rotation. No one knows squat about Torres in the majors.
RE: RE: RE: RE: .  
Beer Man : 4/14/2018 10:52 am : link
In comment 13913933 HomerJones45 said:
Quote:
In comment 13913840 Beer Man said:


Quote:


In comment 13913780 Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx said:


Quote:


In comment 13913731 Dave in Hoboken said:


Quote:


Yankees PR Dept.

account

@YankeesPR

The Yankees are the first team in Major League history to have five different players record a multi-HR game in the first 14 games of a season (Stanton, Austin, Gregorius, Sánchez, Hicks).



Yet are 7-7 to show for it.

Cash missing out on Otani wasnt really in his control (he didnt want NY). It still early but Cole to me was a big miss. I would have ponied up the prospects (short of Gleyber and maybe 1-2 pitchers to get him).

The Pirates were insistent that Gleyber be included in a Cole deal, which wasn't going to happen. I think the farm has some very good relief pitching prospects near MLB ready, I wish some of the higher end SPs were closer to being ready.

Why? They should have included him once it appeared Didi could handle SS. The paths of team construction are littered with the corpses of failed prospects. Cole had already made it. Cole-Severino-Tanaka-Gray would have been a very nice and young rotation. No one knows squat about Torres in the majors.
George Steinbrenner isn't running the Yanks anymore. Torres is the crown jewel of the Yankees' farm system, most baseball experts rank him as a top-5 prospect in all of baseball, he was hitting well when injured last year, and many believe he is destine for stardom. He is the type of player you keep. He will most likely be the Yank's starting 2nd basemen at some point this year.
They could have perhaps gotten Cole if they didn't make the Gray trade  
Victor in CT : 4/14/2018 12:55 pm : link
Those 3 prospects and Frazier, maybe Tate or Sheffield for Cole might have been enticing to PIT
RE: They could have perhaps gotten Cole if they didn't make the Gray trade  
Beer Man : 4/14/2018 4:46 pm : link
In comment 13914030 Victor in CT said:
Quote:
Those 3 prospects and Frazier, maybe Tate or Sheffield for Cole might have been enticing to PIT
I know two of the three traded for Gray were coming off significant injuries, but I still think the Yanks gave way too much talent up for a mid to backend rotation guy.
Yankees are still playing the long game to some degree.  
bceagle05 : 4/14/2018 5:55 pm : link
They still have to introduce Torres, Frazier and Sheffield, with Florial in the pipeline. Plus, they'll make a free agent splash of some kind next winter. They may not be ahead of the Sox and Astros yet, but they'll outlast them over the next few years. Fuck Gerrit Cole.
RE: Yanks have had three managers  
Diversify yo bonds : 4/14/2018 6:35 pm : link
In comment 13913909 djm said:
Quote:
Over the last 20 years. Two of them were as accomplished and successful as any manager has ever been. And Yankee fans bitched and moaned about those two every single day on BBI.


Post Zimmer Torre deserved every ounce of criticism.
RE: RE: RE: .  
Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx : 4/14/2018 7:29 pm : link
In comment 13913840 Beer Man said:
Quote:
In comment 13913780 Big_Blue_in_the_Bronx said:


Quote:


In comment 13913731 Dave in Hoboken said:


Quote:


Yankees PR Dept.

account

@YankeesPR

The Yankees are the first team in Major League history to have five different players record a multi-HR game in the first 14 games of a season (Stanton, Austin, Gregorius, Sánchez, Hicks).



Yet are 7-7 to show for it.

Cash missing out on Otani wasnt really in his control (he didnt want NY). It still early but Cole to me was a big miss. I would have ponied up the prospects (short of Gleyber and maybe 1-2 pitchers to get him).

The Pirates were insistent that Gleyber be included in a Cole deal, which wasn't going to happen. I think the farm has some very good relief pitching prospects near MLB ready, I wish some of the higher end SPs were closer to being ready.


Farm is loaded there were multiple rumors theyd accept a package without Torres. We probably just didnt make it sweet enough
Torres with two more doubles tonight.  
bceagle05 : 4/14/2018 10:01 pm : link
He's putting down the "exclamation point" that Cashman always references.
RE: Torres with two more doubles tonight.  
section125 : 4/14/2018 11:57 pm : link
In comment 13914433 bceagle05 said:
Quote:
He's putting down the "exclamation point" that Cashman always references.


As in the Torres SWB thread, he was 0-3 against the Chisox #1 pitching prospect Kopech and then beat up their pen. So hold the "!" for now.
Gerrit Cole is a lying sack of shit who doesn't belong in pinstripes  
Greg from LI : 4/14/2018 11:59 pm : link
Fuck that guy till the end of time.
...  
christian : 4/15/2018 12:53 pm : link
Torres is on the cusp of major league ready, not a prospect with potential.

He will have a more impactful major league career than Cole and will retire with more rings.

This is a GM, scouting department, and minor league system that is hitting an all cylinders right now.

They're probably using silly shit like advanced analytics and stuff to figure it out. Crazy right?
Pages: 1 2 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner