Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

NFT: Brewers and Mets Game 3 Thor Day!

ZGiants98 : 4/15/2018 11:41 am
Mets Lineup

Brandon Nimmo – RF
Michael Conforto – CF
Yoenis Cespedes – LF
Todd Frazier – 3B
Wilmer Flores – 1B
Amed Rosario – SS
Jose Reyes – 2B
Tomas Nido – C
Noah Syndergaard – C

Brewers Lineup

Jonathan Villar – 2B
Eric Thames – 1B
Lorenzo Cain – CF
Travis Shaw – 3B
Domingo Santana – RF
Hernan Perez – LF
Orlando Arcia – SS
Jett Bandy – C
Jhoulys Chacin – P

The streak is over. Let's win this series and gear up for the Nats again. I actually love the lineup today. We need to keep our bench involved. Shitty weather again, unfortunately.
Pages: 1 2 3 <<Prev | Show All |  Next>>
Reyes and Lobo are automatic  
Chris L. : 4/15/2018 4:05 pm : link
outs. You can't have the two of them and the pitchers spot. Too easy to shut that lineup down. Gavin C. has to be better than Reyes...no?
I would love to trade  
CMicks3110 : 4/15/2018 4:10 pm : link
for Derek Dietrich. Reyes is not a bench player. He needs to play everyday or not at all. He is an awful pinch hitter.
This is absolutely filthy  
pjcas18 : 4/15/2018 4:27 pm : link
for anyone who has twitter (there are more of these showing Thor's movement). I assume its not edited at all
Link - ( New Window )
WILMAAAAAAA!!!  
PhiPsi125 : 4/15/2018 4:40 pm : link
For the win!
Flo  
pjcas18 : 4/15/2018 4:40 pm : link
with the walkoff
Wilmerrrr  
CMicks3110 : 4/15/2018 4:40 pm : link
..
Wilmahh  
ZGiants98 : 4/15/2018 4:42 pm : link
Haha.
Mets 9-2 against  
ZGiants98 : 4/15/2018 4:46 pm : link
playoff contenders.
Really hope Nimmo is in the lineup tomorrow and Cespedes  
PhiPsi125 : 4/15/2018 4:46 pm : link
sits. Wouldn’t mind if Cespedes sits for a couple of games but I know that won’t happen. Hell, he’ll probably be in the lineup tomorrow. But Nimmo earned another start and this team desperately needs a player that can actually hit.
Wilmer totally clutch!  
Chris L. : 4/15/2018 4:50 pm : link
Just as big it saves the bullpen from further use.
Nats lose!  
Everyone Relax : 4/15/2018 4:52 pm : link
Haha.  
ZGiants98 : 4/15/2018 4:53 pm : link
Nats 3-7 home stand.
Gotta admit, didn’t think that was a HR off the bat.  
PhiPsi125 : 4/15/2018 4:57 pm : link
That was a shot by Flores.
Flores  
spike : 4/15/2018 4:57 pm : link
Made up for his miscatch with a walkoff!
I’m almost more concerned about the Braves right now.  
PhiPsi125 : 4/15/2018 4:58 pm : link
Their offense is locked in right now.
Big series for the Nats  
spike : 4/15/2018 4:59 pm : link
They are already 5.5 games out.

The Mets can do a lot of damage this week
lol.  
ZGiants98 : 4/15/2018 5:00 pm : link
Most walk off hits since 2015:
Wilmer Flores: 5
Bryce Harper: 5
Carlos Correa: 5
Nelson Cruz: 5
Ian Kinsler: 5
Josh Harrison: 5
Mark Trumbo: 5
Is there anyone that looks happier after hitting a HR than Nimmo?  
PhiPsi125 : 4/15/2018 5:16 pm : link
That was great!
Nimmo  
pjcas18 : 4/15/2018 5:21 pm : link
always seems happy, he seems like he's smiling all the time.

Great quote from him here per Gelbs twitter:

Quote:
Want to love Brandon Nimmo more? Read this quote: "If you talk to a lot of the guys around here, it’s the most talented team they’ve played on. So yeah, that makes at-bats hard to come by but that also makes a World Series a very plausible thing..."

And thats what we all want to do. I mean how many opportunities do you get to do that? So I want to be a part of a World Series team and if that means that I have to come off the bench and put up a good at bat for a pinch hit or whatever it may be, that’s what I’m gonna do..."

"Because I want to see this team winning a World series at the end of the year."
.  
ZGiants98 : 4/15/2018 5:33 pm : link
@Todd_Rosiak

I asked Travis Shaw what it was like facing Noah Syndergaard today in those conditions. "Good luck," he said. "Freakin' wiffle balls at 98 miles an hour. His changeup's disgusting. It's what he's known for."
RE: Big series for the Nats  
ZGiants98 : 4/15/2018 5:36 pm : link
In comment 13915073 spike said:
Quote:
They are already 5.5 games out.

The Mets can do a lot of damage this week


Just take 2 of 3 and we are so in the drivers seat for a while.
Realmuto  
Vanzetti : 4/15/2018 5:45 pm : link
Does a package of Dom Smith, Cecchini and Bautista get him?
Marlins  
CMicks3110 : 4/15/2018 5:47 pm : link
Are going to try to get a bidding war and they already have bour
RE: Realmuto  
ZGiants98 : 4/15/2018 5:49 pm : link
In comment 13915097 Vanzetti said:
Quote:
Does a package of Dom Smith, Cecchini and Bautista get him?


Who knows. You have people on one extreme side that are usually always wrong that will say no package on earth will get him and there are others that will suggest too little. Sandy isnt giving up our farm or giving away guys like Rosario so if there have been any discussions Im betting they have been modest.
Yelich and Ozuna are better and younger than Realmuto  
ZGiants98 : 4/15/2018 5:51 pm : link
and they didnt exactly go for a kings ransom. I do think Realmuto's pricetag will be large but you just dont know how these things will go down. Im on record saying I would give up Gimenez.
RE: RE: Realmuto  
Vanzetti : 4/15/2018 6:04 pm : link
In comment 13915103 ZGiants98 said:
Quote:
In comment 13915097 Vanzetti said:


Quote:


Does a package of Dom Smith, Cecchini and Bautista get him?



Who knows. You have people on one extreme side that are usually always wrong that will say no package on earth will get him and there are others that will suggest too little. Sandy isnt giving up our farm or giving away guys like Rosario so if there have been any discussions Im betting they have been modest.


To me, Alonso makes Dom expendable so
Mets would be trading from strength
Nats board. lol  
ZGiants98 : 4/15/2018 6:14 pm : link
So does anyone know who is starting for nats tomorrow?  
bhill410 : 4/15/2018 7:01 pm : link
I have seen Cole, hellickson, and gio on different websites
.  
arcarsenal : 4/15/2018 8:03 pm : link
:)
RE: Nimmo  
spike : 4/15/2018 8:19 pm : link
In comment 13915079 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
always seems happy, he seems like he's smiling all the time.

Great quote from him here per Gelbs twitter:



Quote:


Want to love Brandon Nimmo more? Read this quote: "If you talk to a lot of the guys around here, it’s the most talented team they’ve played on. So yeah, that makes at-bats hard to come by but that also makes a World Series a very plausible thing..."

And thats what we all want to do. I mean how many opportunities do you get to do that? So I want to be a part of a World Series team and if that means that I have to come off the bench and put up a good at bat for a pinch hit or whatever it may be, that’s what I’m gonna do..."

"Because I want to see this team winning a World series at the end of the year."



Gotta love theses glue guys like Nimmo and Flores
RE: So does anyone know who is starting for nats tomorrow?  
ZGiants98 : 4/15/2018 8:23 pm : link
In comment 13915139 bhill410 said:
Quote:
I have seen Cole, hellickson, and gio on different websites


Hellickson
Nimmo is awesome - I really hope he doesn't get traded but he will be  
Eric on Li : 4/15/2018 8:31 pm : link
their most obvious trade bait. It wouldn't shock me if he could headline a trade for a Realmuto or someone like that, but honestly I think he's a gamer and a winning player so I really don't want to deal him. He's part Eckstein, part Brett Gardner.

Bruce is a solid hitter and an underrated player (based on no other team in baseball wanting him for 2+ years) in general, but resigning him locked them into a difficult playing time situation - unless he moves to 1b. Which isn't impossible, but also didn't seem like something they were considering in ST when Dom Smith was hurt and AGon wasn't looking good. I guess this is 1 of those good problems to have though.
I dont believe that at all.  
ZGiants98 : 4/15/2018 10:18 pm : link
Based on nobody wanting him? He actually went farily early in this offseason as far as free agency went in a very depressed market for power hitting players this year. Did nobody want Moustakas, Frazier, or Hosmer either? He also was traded for a player at the deadline last year and that prospect is currently impressing.

Bruce is what a three time all star coming off one of his best seasons? Plenty of teams would like to have Bruce.
Didn't we say that last year about Bruce? I don't remember  
Ten Ton Hammer : 4/15/2018 10:42 pm : link
much interest in him then.
RE: Nimmo is awesome - I really hope he doesn't get traded but he will be  
JayBinQueens : 4/15/2018 10:44 pm : link
In comment 13915215 Eric on Li said:
Quote:


Bruce is a solid hitter and an underrated player (based on no other team in baseball wanting him for 2+ years) in general, but resigning him locked them into a difficult playing time situation - unless he moves to 1b. Which isn't impossible, but also didn't seem like something they were considering in ST when Dom Smith was hurt and AGon wasn't looking good. I guess this is 1 of those good problems to have though.


Have they said they don't want to see Bruce at 1st? They've mentioned on the broadcast that he didn't get reps at 1st in spring training was because of a foot injury
RE: RE: Nimmo is awesome - I really hope he doesn't get traded but he will be  
Eric on Li : 4/15/2018 10:59 pm : link
In comment 13915318 JayBinQueens said:
Quote:


Have they said they don't want to see Bruce at 1st? They've mentioned on the broadcast that he didn't get reps at 1st in spring training was because of a foot injury


In ST they seemed to not want to move him there. I'd guess that will remain the case while they remain hopeful in Smith and Gonzalez is playing well.
RE: I dont believe that at all.  
Eric on Li : 4/15/2018 11:05 pm : link
In comment 13915299 ZGiants98 said:
Quote:
Based on nobody wanting him? He actually went farily early in this offseason as far as free agency went in a very depressed market for power hitting players this year. Did nobody want Moustakas, Frazier, or Hosmer either? He also was traded for a player at the deadline last year and that prospect is currently impressing.

Bruce is what a three time all star coming off one of his best seasons? Plenty of teams would like to have Bruce.


He was on pace for a career year last year and he didn't even bring back a top 30 prospect in the Cleveland org. That's underrated. Not sure how you figure nobody wanted Hosmer when he got $100m more than Bruce.
RE: RE: I dont believe that at all.  
ZGiants98 : 4/15/2018 11:19 pm : link
In comment 13915334 Eric on Li said:
Quote:
In comment 13915299 ZGiants98 said:


Quote:


Based on nobody wanting him? He actually went farily early in this offseason as far as free agency went in a very depressed market for power hitting players this year. Did nobody want Moustakas, Frazier, or Hosmer either? He also was traded for a player at the deadline last year and that prospect is currently impressing.

Bruce is what a three time all star coming off one of his best seasons? Plenty of teams would like to have Bruce.



He was on pace for a career year last year and he didn't even bring back a top 30 prospect in the Cleveland org. That's underrated. Not sure how you figure nobody wanted Hosmer when he got $100m more than Bruce.


That was the same thing for every free agent at the deadline last year. Because of the juiced ball there just wasnt a huge demand for power hitters. JD Martinez might be the best hitter in baseball and he got traded to the Diamondbacks for a crappy return. It was a product of the season. Doesnt mean these are players nobody wants.
next 3 games  
spike : 4/15/2018 11:25 pm : link
Jeremy Hellickson-Degrom

Gio Gonzalez - Wheeler

Roark - Matz
RE: next 3 games  
ZGiants98 : 4/16/2018 12:24 am : link
In comment 13915352 spike said:
Quote:
Jeremy Hellickson-Degrom

Gio Gonzalez - Wheeler

Roark - Matz


Love it. We miss Sherzer and Stras and they miss Harvey. Sweet. Lets bury them.
Really hope  
gmen9892 : 4/16/2018 9:39 am : link
Citi has some good draining. I dont want to PPD ANY of these games. Mets need to kick the Nats while they are down, and take advantage of these pitching matchups this series. We could see a 7+ game lead by the time the Mets are done in Washington.
RE: RE: next 3 games  
Metnut : 4/16/2018 9:45 am : link
In comment 13915376 ZGiants98 said:
Quote:
In comment 13915352 spike said:


Quote:


Jeremy Hellickson-Degrom

Gio Gonzalez - Wheeler

Roark - Matz



Love it. We miss Sherzer and Stras and they miss Harvey. Sweet. Lets bury them.


From your mouth to god's ears! Let's take it to these bastards and dig their hole even deeper.
RE: Really hope  
gmen9892 : 4/16/2018 9:49 am : link
In comment 13915615 gmen9892 said:
Quote:
Citi has some good draining. I dont want to PPD ANY of these games. Mets need to kick the Nats while they are down, and take advantage of these pitching matchups this series. We could see a 7+ game lead by the time the Mets are done in Washington.


*With Washington.
Great win  
Rflairr : 4/16/2018 10:16 am : link
But they aren’t going to keep getting away with these five inning starts and being this bad with RISP. Bullpen has been unbelievable
The actual raw innings pitched  
Metnut : 4/16/2018 10:18 am : link
by our bullpen isn't really anything unusual. The issue is that the Mets best guys are shouldering most of the load because the team is winning so many games. Most teams will have more games like Sat night where you can just let your last guys on the roster eat up those innings.

It's a good problem to have, but it presents a challenge to the coaching staff to keep these guys fresh realizing that a baseball season is a marathon.
Last time I’ll mention it  
Shecky : 4/16/2018 10:37 am : link
There is one team in all of MLB, and only one. That is built to avoid a burnt out BP. Good or bad, that is the one area, depth of BP, that shouldn’t be a concern.
RE: The actual raw innings pitched  
gmen9892 : 4/16/2018 10:44 am : link
In comment 13915706 Metnut said:
Quote:
by our bullpen isn't really anything unusual. The issue is that the Mets best guys are shouldering most of the load because the team is winning so many games. Most teams will have more games like Sat night where you can just let your last guys on the roster eat up those innings.

It's a good problem to have, but it presents a challenge to the coaching staff to keep these guys fresh realizing that a baseball season is a marathon.



The offense as a whole really needs to start picking it up. The team has played in a LOT of close games, which is causing their best guys to get overworked.

Would also help to get some legit length out of the Starters for a week straight.
6th in NL in R/G  
Shecky : 4/16/2018 10:48 am : link
Not exactly anemic
Especially for a team built on pitching
But us Mets fans always have to find something
RE: RE: The actual raw innings pitched  
Section331 : 4/16/2018 11:13 am : link
In comment 13915752 gmen9892 said:
Quote:

The offense as a whole really needs to start picking it up. The team has played in a LOT of close games, which is causing their best guys to get overworked.

Would also help to get some legit length out of the Starters for a week straight.


It's not unusual for offenses to struggle in cold weather. I'm not too worried about the O, wait until it starts to get warm, and Ces takes off.
Cespedes has definitely been disappointing  
ZGiants98 : 4/16/2018 11:24 am : link
But we are still scoring enough in spite of him. He’s a streaky guy, as are most power hitters. He’s the straw that stirs the drink though... when he takes off so will the offense. It’s already pretty decent even without him.
Pages: 1 2 3 <<Prev | Show All |  Next>>
Back to the Corner