Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

NFT: Amazon Echo question

Still a Sam Huff fan : 5/7/2018 11:23 am
Anyone know if we can do something to have Alexa play our music / playlists from our iTunes library?

Don't ask her who farted  
Larry in Pencilvania : 5/7/2018 11:25 am : link
.
Question of the century  
Eli2020 : 5/7/2018 11:32 am : link
That POS Alexa doesn't do anything I want. The only answer I have is getting an Amazon music or Spotify account for $10/month, and play music off those players. You'll also stop wasting abhorrent amounts of money on music.
Yes  
ron mexico : 5/7/2018 11:38 am : link
tell it to connect to your phone and then play your itunes on your phone
ELI2020  
Still a Sam Huff fan : 5/7/2018 11:41 am : link
Thanks for the information. It seemed unreasonable to expect them to play my music for free. I now have a way around it, if I want.
RE: Question of the century  
allstarjim : 5/7/2018 11:42 am : link
In comment 13956779 Eli2020 said:
Quote:
That POS Alexa doesn't do anything I want. The only answer I have is getting an Amazon music or Spotify account for $10/month, and play music off those players. You'll also stop wasting abhorrent amounts of money on music.


Well, "she" doesn't have a mouth so you should ask of her something more reasonable.
.  
Bockman : 5/7/2018 12:22 pm : link
[url]https://www.tomsguide.com/us/play-itunes-on-alexa,review-5290.html[/url]
not sure why that didn't link properly  
Bockman : 5/7/2018 12:24 pm : link
anyways, I know its not the point of this thread, but I'd strongly advise you ditch itunes for something else. Basically anything else is better. Google Play, Spotify, anything but itunes.
RE: not sure why that didn't link properly  
Jim in Fairfax : 5/7/2018 12:35 pm : link
In comment 13956886 Bockman said:
Quote:
anyways, I know its not the point of this thread, but I'd strongly advise you ditch itunes for something else. Basically anything else is better. Google Play, Spotify, anything but itunes.

You can’t use HTML in this forum. Just paste the URL in the “Add A Link” section.
RE: RE: not sure why that didn't link properly  
Mr. Bungle : 5/7/2018 1:25 pm : link
In comment 13956899 Jim in Fairfax said:
Quote:
In comment 13956886 Bockman said:


Quote:


anyways, I know its not the point of this thread, but I'd strongly advise you ditch itunes for something else. Basically anything else is better. Google Play, Spotify, anything but itunes.


You can’t use HTML in this forum. Just paste the URL in the “Add A Link” section.

That's not HTML, it's BBCode. And it should work.
^ the link itself is html  
giants#1 : 5/7/2018 1:27 pm : link
and it doesn't work with the BBCode
You can have a URL  
pjcas18 : 5/7/2018 1:34 pm : link
in BBcode that way, just not one with a comma like that one.
RE: You can have a URL  
Jim in Fairfax : 5/7/2018 1:37 pm : link
In comment 13956988 pjcas18 said:
Quote:
in BBcode that way, just not one with a comma like that one.

This is exactly right. Bad form by Toms Guide using a comma in the URL.
If a browser's address bar can process a comma in a URL,  
Mr. Bungle : 5/7/2018 2:01 pm : link
BBCode shouldn't get in the way. Just pass the URL to the browser and let the browser take it from there.

Flaw in BBCode.
Link through BlueTooth your  
Beer Man : 5/7/2018 2:09 pm : link
iPhone or LapTop. I do it with my iPhone
haha thanks guys for the BBCode lesson  
Bockman : 5/7/2018 2:12 pm : link
anyway, there's ways to get alexa and itunes to play nice. I just think there's better solutions.

Personally what I did for whole-house audio is a few Chromecast Audios hooked up to my various receivers. You can then group them however you'd like and cast from your phone (or really any network casting device)
agree with those who say  
mittenedman : 5/7/2018 3:21 pm : link
ditch iTunes. anytime you buy anything Apple you are getting sucked into their world, and it can happen quick. they don't play nice with anything but other Apple devices.

If you want to be Johnny Appleseed with your iMac, Macbook, iPhone, Watch, iTunes, Apple TV, Apple bluetooth speaker, CarPlay & Apple home assistant you can have it all. but don't try to integrate anything outside the Apple world. you are in a cult at that point.
If you listen to a lot of music  
UConn4523 : 5/7/2018 3:24 pm : link
how is paying for it a waste? Do people really want to pay for nothing and think that’s ok?
Back to the Corner