Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

NFT: Lakers roll, Lonzo Rules

Stan in LA : 11/19/2017 11:58 pm
ANOTHER triple double. 11 points, 11 assists 16 rebounds. Not bad for someone who 'sucks'.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 <<Prev | Show All |
How can anyone hate LaVar?!  
BrettNYG10 : 12/13/2017 9:39 am : link
.
==========  
GiantFilthy : 12/13/2017 9:42 am : link
Quote:
How can anyone hate LaVar?!
BrettNYG10 : 9:39 am : link : reply

I just assume everyone is lying/joking.
Haters!!  
FatMan in Charlotte : 12/13/2017 9:44 am : link
RE: RE: RE: 17-6-8 tonght  
Keith : 12/13/2017 9:56 am : link
In comment 13738733 Section331 said:
Quote:
In comment 13738550 Del Shofner said:


Quote:



-11 in the plus/minus - the worst on the team in an OT loss.

Not going to say he sucks, but he wasn't that good. Right?



As I said earlier in the thread when some used +/- to defend Lonzo, it is a poor indicator for a single player, and a terrible one-game stat. It is meant to evaluate 5-man groups over a period of time, so people should stop using it as an indicator of a player's defensive abilities. It is pointless.


It was a pretty good indication last night. He was the worst player on the floor early in the game and then as soon as he came out, the replacements played great.
Still sucks  
KWALL2 : 12/13/2017 2:24 pm : link
Astonishingly limited player. He throws a nice outlet pass. That's what he offers on offense. Miles to go before this player can be part of a winning team.

He can't even take a pull up jumper. It's a basic move and he can't do it. Can't come off a screen and shoot. Another simple move and he can't do it. Long term it won't work.

The other rookie is a player. Lakers saved the draft there.
Lebron to LA confirmed.  
GiantFilthy : 12/13/2017 3:52 pm : link
Quote:
“The kid hasn’t said anything,” James told ESPN when asked about the hype surrounding Ball. “It’s been everybody else. So, I love his humility. He goes out, every time someone asks him a question, he says, ‘This is not about me, man. I just want to win. I don’t care about what I did.’ I seen he had a triple-double one game and they lost. He was like, ‘I don’t care. We lost.’

“So, can I draw any parallel to my experience? I mean, of course. I guess when you’re drafted to a franchise, they want you to kind of be the savior. And it takes a while. I mean, listen, man, this guy is 20-something games into his pro career. S— doesn’t happen [that fast]. Here it goes again, it goes back to my instant oatmeal [quote]: Everybody wants it right away. Can he play ball? Absolutely. The kid can play ball. Do guys want to play with him? Absolutely, because it’s a guy who is not about him. It’s about the success of the team. And he gives the ball up, and he passes the ball, and there’s energy behind the ball.”
If bron goes to the Lakers  
Ten Ton Hammer : 12/13/2017 11:18 pm : link
Lonzo gets shipped out the door for a Lebron-friend. Guaranteed that kid gets Wiggins’d.
Wiggins couldn't even get a mention from Lebron.  
GiantFilthy : 12/14/2017 9:49 am : link
This is like the seventh time Lebron has singled out Lonzo with praise. Would be pretty cold to have him traded after all of this.





Hope we get a decent package for him.
RE: Wiggins couldn't even get a mention from Lebron.  
giants#1 : 12/14/2017 9:54 am : link
In comment 13739959 GiantFilthy said:
Quote:
This is like the seventh time Lebron has singled out Lonzo with praise. Would be pretty cold to have him traded after all of this.





Hope we get a decent package for him.


Just shows Lebron the GM blows. Wiggins >> Lonzo
13-11-8 tonight  
Stan in LA : 12/15/2017 12:30 am : link
Not bad for someone who sucks.
RE: 13-11-8 tonight  
Del Shofner : 12/15/2017 12:43 am : link
In comment 13741250 Stan in LA said:
Quote:
Not bad for someone who sucks.


some other stats: 6 turnovers, a terrible plus/minus (again) and his team lost (again). Stan - you're not getting it. It's not that he "sucks"; it's just that he's not all that good right now. He's young, that may change. But don't keep setting up the "sucks" straw man every night. His team keeps losing and he's far from the best player on it.
RE: 13-11-8 tonight  
Gatorade Dunk : 12/15/2017 12:47 am : link
In comment 13741250 Stan in LA said:
Quote:
Not bad for someone who sucks.

You do realize this thread only has traction because you suck, not because Lonzo does, right?
from what I've seen, Lonzo is an excellent rebounder for a point guard  
Del Shofner : 12/15/2017 12:58 am : link
and makes at least several long pass assists per game that are amazing. So he's got some cool skills. I haven't seen yet that he's a winner. The Knicks' much maligned Frank took Lonzo out of the game at crunch time the other night - Knicks won and the Lakers lost, in large part because Frank is better at winning games at crunch time. Frank did it again against the Nets tonight. Lonzo will make several highlight reel plays per game, and they are indeed amazing - but I haven't seen the game winning killer instinct from him yet. Maybe it will come. Don't hate the guy - just don't like Stan's "sucks" formulation every night the Lakers play.
RE: from what I've seen, Lonzo is an excellent rebounder for a point guard  
Gatorade Dunk : 12/15/2017 1:09 am : link
In comment 13741263 Del Shofner said:
Quote:
and makes at least several long pass assists per game that are amazing. So he's got some cool skills. I haven't seen yet that he's a winner. The Knicks' much maligned Frank took Lonzo out of the game at crunch time the other night - Knicks won and the Lakers lost, in large part because Frank is better at winning games at crunch time. Frank did it again against the Nets tonight. Lonzo will make several highlight reel plays per game, and they are indeed amazing - but I haven't seen the game winning killer instinct from him yet. Maybe it will come. Don't hate the guy - just don't like Stan's "sucks" formulation every night the Lakers play.

It's not really every night the Lakers play. It's every time Lonzo has a solid line in the box score. When Lonzo's numbers are pedestrian, Scam in LA doesn't show up.
He also had 6 TO's.  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 12/15/2017 6:52 am : link
But let's just ignore that.
==========  
GiantFilthy : 12/15/2017 9:02 am : link
.
fkn perfection - ( New Window )
Del  
KWALL2 : 12/15/2017 10:45 am : link
Quote:
several highlight reel plays per game[


That is t happening.

He does throw a very nice outlet pass. It isn't "highlight reel" stuff and he sure doesn't have several per game.
I'm not even sure why KWALL keeps spending money on tickets.  
GiantFilthy : 12/15/2017 11:17 am : link
Haha  
KWALL2 : 12/15/2017 11:21 am : link
It's hard to turn away from a trainwreck.
Heheh, THIS was the trainwreck last night.  
GiantFilthy : 12/15/2017 11:25 am : link
.
Brook Lopez (NSFW) - ( New Window )
==========  
GiantFilthy : 12/19/2017 9:23 am : link
Quote:
KWALL2 : 11/28/2017 8:36 pm : link : reply
His biggest problem is he can't even attempt a shot in the mid range game. He also can't go right and take a jumper. Can't pull up and shoot.


Quote:
KWALL2 : 12/13/2017 2:24 pm : link : reply
He can't even take a pull up jumper. It's a basic move and he can't do it. Can't come off a screen and shoot. Another simple move and he can't do it.

When you're right you're right. - ( New Window )
16-6-6 last night  
Stan in LA : 12/19/2017 11:26 am : link
And took the World Champs to OT. Nice.
You mean won the game  
GiantFilthy : 12/19/2017 11:30 am : link
if we take away the awful didn't-hit-the-rim call.
Filthy  
KWALL2 : 12/19/2017 11:37 am : link
He had a very nice game. Showing a little more aggression on offense. Couldn't finish at the end but a good sign that he attacked and got to the rim.
RE: Filthy  
bw in dc : 12/19/2017 11:53 am : link
In comment 13747440 KWALL2 said:
Quote:
He had a very nice game. Showing a little more aggression on offense. Couldn't finish at the end but a good sign that he attacked and got to the rim.


Actually, LoBalls only had a good overtime. Before the OT? He hardly distinguished himself.
bw  
KWALL2 : 12/19/2017 12:16 pm : link
I'm not talking about points. He did a nice job on defense and for the first time in 2 years, he hit a mid range shot. He banked it from the free throw line without calling glass but it went in.

He showed more aggression. That's a step in the right direction. He still has nothing in the half court. There is no offensive game here. Defenders ignore him and will continue to and help others.

RE: You mean won the game  
Gatorade Dunk : 12/19/2017 12:22 pm : link
In comment 13747420 GiantFilthy said:
Quote:
if we take away the awful didn't-hit-the-rim call.

Scam doesn't watch the games. He only comments on the box score. He wouldn't have known that.
Update: 16-9-4 last night  
Stan in LA : 12/21/2017 2:14 pm : link
In stopping Houston's 14 game winning streak in Houston.

Cool.
RE: Update: 16-9-4 last night  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 12/21/2017 2:33 pm : link
In comment 13749960 Stan in LA said:
Quote:
In stopping Houston's 14 game winning streak in Houston.

Cool.


On 5 for 14 shooting & 5 TOs. You're adorable.
yeah  
PaulBlakeTSU : 12/21/2017 2:34 pm : link
fellow rookie Kuzma goes 38/7/4 with 0 turnovers on 12-for-17 shooting, but of course the Stain in LA thinks they beat Houston because of Lonzo's 16/9/4 with 5 turnovers on 5-for-14 shooting.

Stan, it must be hard work being so unlikable for so long on a consistent basis.

RE: Update: 16-9-4 last night  
bw in dc : 12/21/2017 4:43 pm : link
In comment 13749960 Stan in LA said:
Quote:
In stopping Houston's 14 game winning streak in Houston.

Cool.


Looking more and more like Magic drafted wrong - he should have taken Kuzman 2nd, LoBalls 27th.
RE: RE: Update: 16-9-4 last night  
BigBlue4You09 : 12/21/2017 4:48 pm : link
In comment 13750137 bw in dc said:
Quote:
In comment 13749960 Stan in LA said:


Quote:


In stopping Houston's 14 game winning streak in Houston.

Cool.



Looking more and more like Magic drafted wrong - he should have taken Kuzman 2nd, LoBalls 27th.


Not even worthy of the 27th pick. Imagine if they took Tatum at 2 😵
I cannot believe this thread is still going  
BigBlueShock : 12/21/2017 5:16 pm : link
How does such a mediocre player deserve a thread that lasts the entire season? I guess when Stan keeps bumping it every time Lonzo goes 3-25 from the field it’s going to have some staying power but good lord.

I can’t wait to see how impressed Stan is when Lonzo is dominating his fathers league with his brothers in a few years. That will be epic. I look forward to his threads stating:

“18-9-7 in a dramatic comeback victory for the Napa Valley Wineries tonight. Yep, he sucks...”
RE: RE: RE: Update: 16-9-4 last night  
bw in dc : 12/21/2017 5:19 pm : link
In comment 13750139 BigBlue4You09 said:
Quote:
In comment 13750137 bw in dc said:


Quote:


Not even worthy of the 27th pick. Imagine if they took Tatum at 2 😵


Clearly, the front runners for RoTY...
RE: ==========  
jestersdead : 12/21/2017 5:23 pm : link
In comment 13747157 GiantFilthy said:
Quote:


Quote:


KWALL2 : 11/28/2017 8:36 pm : link : reply
His biggest problem is he can't even attempt a shot in the mid range game. He also can't go right and take a jumper. Can't pull up and shoot.





Quote:


KWALL2 : 12/13/2017 2:24 pm : link : reply
He can't even take a pull up jumper. It's a basic move and he can't do it. Can't come off a screen and shoot. Another simple move and he can't do it.

When you're right you're right. - ( New Window )


did you listen to the clip? Announcer says, "thats the best looking jump shot hes taken all year"
He's been better than absolute dog shit  
KWALL2 : 12/21/2017 5:27 pm : link
like he was in the first 20 games.

But he still sucks at this point. The one thing to note is he seems to understand his limitations.

In the half court he does nothing but give the ball up early. almost always before he even crossed the 3 pt line.

Quote:
the average time Ball keeps the ball beyond the half-court line is 2.11 seconds, the fastest in the league among starting point guards.


He understands the team is better with the ball in the hands of the other guys. So he gets points there.

If you watch him you can see the limitations in the half court. He's terrible on pick and rolls because he is not threat to shoot or drive. Maybe that will change. Who knows. I got to say the clip filthy posted looked like he made a change on that release. But he never attempts that shot. That has to change.

More about his weakness going to the basket?

Quote:
His deception resides in his ability to thread needles with his passes, not in changing speeds, something at which he doesn't excel and which hurts him as a penetrator. Through Dec. 19, he ranked 134th of 135 in effective field goal percentage in the lane


Quote:
"He's a bigger Ricky Rubio. ... I just don't see how he'll move the needle in terms of wins and losses unless you can get out on the break 50 times a game."

An NBA general manager, on Lonzo Ball


More about his weakness in the half court which I think is a huge problem.

Quote:
From an NBA Scout:
half-court scoring is really important in the NBA, especially in the playoffs. Can you beat your man off the dribble when the shot clock is winding down? Can you score against a power forward on a switch? Can you shoot on the move? The answer is we don't know."


The answer right now is "No. he can't do it". He's a liability in the half court and makes it easier for teams to drop off and help on others.
Questions About Lonzo - ( New Window )
speaking of the brothers Ball - interesting article in today's NYT  
Del Shofner : 12/21/2017 7:17 pm : link
about how Lonzo's younger brothers ended up signing with a low-level team in Lithuania, with a lot of flavor from the Lithuanian side. I've spent some time in eastern Europe and I love reading stuff like this. Who knows how it's going to go from a hoops point of view, though.
Balls in Lithuania - ( New Window )
24/5/5 night against the Warriors who can't stop him.  
GiantFilthy : 12/23/2017 7:42 pm : link
Quote:
Lonzo Ball has been shooting 42.5% from 3 ever since The Ringer's article: "Is Lonzo Ball's Shot Broken?"

Quote:
Only 4 rookies in NBA history have scored >15ppg on >60% TS. Kuzma is currently on pace to join this list.

(both via Reddit)
10-11-8 tonight  
Stan in LA : 12/24/2017 12:47 am : link
Nice!
RE: 10-11-8 tonight  
DennyInDenville : 12/24/2017 1:04 am : link
In comment 13752493 Stan in LA said:
Quote:
Nice!

Lonzos gonna be really good

Jason Kidd 2.0 for sure.

What is you're official opinion on Frank Ntilikina ? Is he capable of being a unique PG and top 5 at his position?
RE: 10-11-8 tonight  
chopperhatch : 12/24/2017 1:09 am : link
In comment 13752493 Stan in LA said:
Quote:
Nice!


You are a lonely, sad, loser of a dumbass.
RE: RE: 10-11-8 tonight  
B in ALB : 12/24/2017 1:25 am : link
In comment 13752497 DennyInDenville said:
Quote:
In comment 13752493 Stan in LA said:


Quote:


Nice!


Lonzos gonna be really good

Jason Kidd 2.0 for sure.

What is you're official opinion on Frank Ntilikina ? Is he capable of being a unique PG and top 5 at his position?


You're asking Stan about his opinion on Frank?

Holy assholes, you're as awful as Stan himself

Dumbfuck in Dumbassville strikes again.
RE: 10-11-8 tonight  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 12/24/2017 7:16 am : link
In comment 13752493 Stan in LA said:
Quote:
Nice!


LOL. 4 for 13 from the field with 5 TOs.
RE: RE: RE: 10-11-8 tonight  
DennyInDenville : 12/24/2017 10:47 am : link
In comment 13752502 B in ALB said:
Quote:
In comment 13752497 DennyInDenville said:


Quote:


In comment 13752493 Stan in LA said:


Quote:


Nice!


Lonzos gonna be really good

Jason Kidd 2.0 for sure.

What is you're official opinion on Frank Ntilikina ? Is he capable of being a unique PG and top 5 at his position?



You're asking Stan about his opinion on Frank?

Holy assholes, you're as awful as Stan himself

Dumbfuck in Dumbassville strikes again.

Lmao stfu you dumb Cuck.
RE: RE: RE: RE: 10-11-8 tonight  
BigBlue4You09 : 12/24/2017 11:09 am : link
In comment 13752667 DennyInDenville said:
Quote:
In comment 13752502 B in ALB said:


Quote:


In comment 13752497 DennyInDenville said:


Quote:


In comment 13752493 Stan in LA said:


Quote:


Nice!


Lonzos gonna be really good

Jason Kidd 2.0 for sure.

What is you're official opinion on Frank Ntilikina ? Is he capable of being a unique PG and top 5 at his position?



You're asking Stan about his opinion on Frank?

Holy assholes, you're as awful as Stan himself

Dumbfuck in Dumbassville strikes again.


Lmao stfu you dumb Cuck.


Bro you just agreed with Stan and asked for his opinion. Think about that for a second. Stan is a borderline troll with serious mental disorders .
Not borderline  
PhiPsi125 : 12/24/2017 11:27 am : link
Full on troll status
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: 10-11-8 tonight  
Gatorade Dunk : 12/24/2017 12:38 pm : link
In comment 13752699 BigBlue4You09 said:
Quote:
In comment 13752667 DennyInDenville said:


Quote:


In comment 13752502 B in ALB said:


Quote:


In comment 13752497 DennyInDenville said:


Quote:


In comment 13752493 Stan in LA said:


Quote:


Nice!


Lonzos gonna be really good

Jason Kidd 2.0 for sure.

What is you're official opinion on Frank Ntilikina ? Is he capable of being a unique PG and top 5 at his position?



You're asking Stan about his opinion on Frank?

Holy assholes, you're as awful as Stan himself

Dumbfuck in Dumbassville strikes again.


Lmao stfu you dumb Cuck.



Bro you just agreed with Stan and asked for his opinion. Think about that for a second. Stan is a borderline troll with serious mental disorders .

What do you think Denny is?
2 games without Lonzo and  
Stan in LA : 12/28/2017 1:08 am : link
2 blowout losses at home. Hummmmm...
Hmmmmmm....  
illmatic : 12/28/2017 1:18 am : link
it's almost as if the Lakers are a shitty team with or without Lonzo.
RE: Hmmmmmm....  
Stan in LA : 12/30/2017 1:36 pm : link
In comment 13756770 illmatic said:
Quote:
it's almost as if the Lakers are a shitty team with or without Lonzo.

No, with him they beat Houston in Houston and took Golden St. to OT and were just a few games under .500. Without him, they have lost the last 3 games each by more than double digits AT HOME. Big difference friend.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 <<Prev | Show All |
Back to the Corner