Big Blue Interactive The Corner Forum  
Back to the Corner
 

Archived Thread

NFT: It's Friday! What did we learn? What are we drinking? Etc.

Beezer : 3/9/2018 8:49 am
What did we learn?

What are we drinking?

What are the plans for the weekend?

And, does anybody really know what time it is? (A nod to daylight savings time returning.)
Going to the Big East tonight  
MattyKid : 3/9/2018 9:00 am : link
Having a steak dinner beforehand, and some single malt (probably Glenlivet 12). Recovering on Saturday
I learned that some people on BBI  
Beezer : 3/9/2018 9:06 am : link
are still sad about the Super Bowl.

I'd been so wrapped up in FA talk, us getting a solid LB, more FA talk, a ton more draft talk, baseball season starting ...

But thanks for the reminder. Corksuckers.

I learned...  
FatMan in Charlotte : 3/9/2018 9:07 am : link
- that some posters who have an irrational hatred of eli because he didn't go to the Chargers, love Parcells. And Good old Bill only fucked us over for a "serious medical condition". Not sure why he fucked every other team over too though. Must be a serial condition, so I was actually glad to see him still alive and kicking on the 30 for 30

- That Beckham not only went on a boat trip, but he organized the damn thing and hosted it!

- Speaking of Beckham - somehow the dude gets called out on a Baker Mayfield thread for being a dog-peeing punk. Well, not really somehow - it was TheLimerickGuy who works an insult of Beckham into every post. Well at least those where he isn't saying he provides the best inside information on the board. He's sundayatone of the Beckham threads

- That Bob Griese, George Blanda, Fran Tarkenton and Ken Stabler earned their way to the hall, either through titles or stat compilation, but that Eli hasn't. And that Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson and Nick Foles winning a Super Bowl won't get them into the Hall. There's probably a joke in there about comparing apples to avocados, but I haven't learned that yet....

- That Bill L fancies fraus with makeup

- That people will still find a way to complain about getting a starting-caliber LB for really low draft picks

- That we are going to pick Rosen and if we don't it is a mistake. A mistake compounded by the fact we are going to pick Barkley, and if we don't it is a travesty. A travesty worsened by our definite selection of Darnold, who if we don't pick, is a calamity....

- That Nelson has the same stalking fanboy that John Jerry does. Must be like a BBM fetish category

- That you can actually get away with interview questions asking if a guy is gay or his Mom is a whore.

RE: I learned...  
Beezer : 3/9/2018 9:14 am : link
In comment 13855916 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
-
- That you can actually get away with interview questions asking if a guy is gay or his Mom is a whore.


Wait. I missed this. Whaaaa happ'n'd?
2 of wonderlic questions?  
Dr. D : 3/9/2018 9:33 am : link
1. Are you gay? NTTNWWT
2. Is yo momma a whore? NTTAWWT

I think that's what fatman is referring to
lol ...  
Beezer : 3/9/2018 9:37 am : link
The Wonderlic does not ask if someone is gay. (Right?)
BTW  
Beezer : 3/9/2018 9:40 am : link
Are Wonderlic scores out yet? That's always an entertaining read/conversation.
Not sure what I'm drinking, but  
SFGFNCGiantsFan : 3/9/2018 9:42 am : link
I'll be drinking heavily. What a long, long week at work.

I'll be watching Heels-Duke tonight. Go Heels!
RE: I learned...  
Giantology : 3/9/2018 9:48 am : link
In comment 13855916 FatMan in Charlotte said:
Quote:
- that some posters who have an irrational hatred of eli because he didn't go to the Chargers, love Parcells. And Good old Bill only fucked us over for a "serious medical condition". Not sure why he fucked every other team over too though. Must be a serial condition, so I was actually glad to see him still alive and kicking on the 30 for 30

- That Beckham not only went on a boat trip, but he organized the damn thing and hosted it!

- Speaking of Beckham - somehow the dude gets called out on a Baker Mayfield thread for being a dog-peeing punk. Well, not really somehow - it was TheLimerickGuy who works an insult of Beckham into every post. Well at least those where he isn't saying he provides the best inside information on the board. He's sundayatone of the Beckham threads

- That Bob Griese, George Blanda, Fran Tarkenton and Ken Stabler earned their way to the hall, either through titles or stat compilation, but that Eli hasn't. And that Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson and Nick Foles winning a Super Bowl won't get them into the Hall. There's probably a joke in there about comparing apples to avocados, but I haven't learned that yet....

- That Bill L fancies fraus with makeup

- That people will still find a way to complain about getting a starting-caliber LB for really low draft picks

- That we are going to pick Rosen and if we don't it is a mistake. A mistake compounded by the fact we are going to pick Barkley, and if we don't it is a travesty. A travesty worsened by our definite selection of Darnold, who if we don't pick, is a calamity....

- That Nelson has the same stalking fanboy that John Jerry does. Must be like a BBM fetish category

- That you can actually get away with interview questions asking if a guy is gay or his Mom is a whore.


Game, Blouses
Beez..  
FatMan in Charlotte : 3/9/2018 9:55 am : link
Quote:
Wait. I missed this. Whaaaa happ'n'd?


Supposedly one team was asking really odd questions at the Combine:

Quote:
LSU’s Derrius Guice said in a radio appearance this week that his team interviews at the recently concluded combine were “pretty crazy,” and that “some people are really trying to get in your head and test your reaction.”

“I go in one room, and a team will ask me do I like men, just to see my reaction,” Guice said Wednesday on SiriusXM Radio. “I go in another room, they’ll try to bring up one of my family members or something and tell me, ‘Hey, I heard your mom sells herself. How do you feel about that?’ ”
lol  
Beezer : 3/9/2018 10:05 am : link
Well ... can I like Guice more now?
RE: lol  
Rocky369 : 3/9/2018 10:50 am : link
In comment 13856002 Beezer said:
Quote:
Well ... can I like Guice more now?
well, YOU could. I don't know that he published his answer to the first question.
BBI is a better place  
dep026 : 3/9/2018 10:54 am : link
with me back.

I learned that if you try to defend Eli, you are in a cult. But if you bash him in a thread which isnt even about him, you are rational.
RE: RE: lol  
Beezer : 3/9/2018 11:51 am : link
In comment 13856053 Rocky369 said:
Quote:
In comment 13856002 Beezer said:


Quote:


Well ... can I like Guice more now?

well, YOU could. I don't know that he published his answer to the first question.


So, if he's gay I shouldn't still like him? lol
.  
arcarsenal : 3/9/2018 11:54 am : link
I learned that Lamar Jackson is a "dumbass" because Vegas has +1000 odds on him posting the lowest wonderlic score in this current class.

No, I'm not making this up. This is a real thing that was posted here.
I learned the Giants are definetely...  
BamaBlue : 3/9/2018 12:03 pm : link
going with a quarterback with the #2 pick, unless they pick Saquon Barkley. The signs are everywhere...

Giants 'beat writers' continue to prove they can easily be beaten up (journalistically) by any high school yearbook staff.

The Giants REALLY don't need a single NFL caliber linebacker, even if the price is a couple of late round picks.

I learned  
Dr. D : 3/9/2018 12:19 pm : link
that number of draft picks is more important than having good young proven players.

Also, that it's ludicrous to say that bell cow RBs generally have shorter careers than franchise QBs, even though no one can give me one example of a first rd RB who is still a feature RB in his 8th+ season and there about 15 franchise QBs going into their 10th-14th+ season.
RE: I learned the Giants are definetely...  
Beezer : 3/9/2018 12:32 pm : link
In comment 13856145 BamaBlue said:
Quote:
going with a quarterback with the #2 pick, unless they pick Saquon Barkley. The signs are everywhere...

Giants 'beat writers' continue to prove they can easily be beaten up (journalistically) by any high school yearbook staff.

The Giants REALLY don't need a single NFL caliber linebacker, even if the price is a couple of late round picks.


But wait. A couple late-round picks, one of which we didn't even have a handful of weeks ago!
I learned that despite all the fancy technology...  
x meadowlander : 3/9/2018 4:04 pm : link
...weathermen still often cannot hit the side of a barn.
Yeah...  
BamaBlue : 3/9/2018 4:18 pm : link
In comment 13856407 x meadowlander said:
Quote:
RE: I learned that despite all the fancy technology... ...weathermen still often cannot hit the side of a barn.


Weathermen and NFL mock draft 'guru's' have similar track records...
Back to the Corner